Starro the conqueror vs. thor and BRB

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeadpoolXXX
starro the conqueror
https://s4.postimg.org/anla5w78t/image.jpg

v.s.

thor and beta ray bill
https://s4.postimg.org/km68sdgod/image.jpg

no bfr.

Galan007
Starro stomps.

His TP alone was bolstered by nine galaxies-worth of sentient beings(literally hundredS of trillionS of minds), and powerful enough to completely overwhelm a telepath of Despero's caliber:
http://i.imgur.com/Xt0YUDI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AFGfPY4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xEngOmm.jpg
"The will of Despero has ever been as a raging river, wearing down or sweeping aside what it encountered... But there comes a time when ever river must meet the sea."

StiltmanFTW
new avi and sig out of nowhere

won't tell shit to his fellow members

complains about his broken skeleton

galaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/a4jOgdE.jpg

Highlander reference..? Anyone..? ermmnone

DarkSaint85
Only you would get that.

Because you're old.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/a4jOgdE.jpg

Highlander reference..? Anyone..? ermmnone This way no one will recognise me smile

Galan007
thumb up

At least *someone* has a taste for classic cinematic gold.

darthgoober
thumb up

I have have something to say... It's better to burn out, than to fade away!

Steve Zodiac
thumb up

Why thank you, I'm just old too...

Originally posted by darthgoober
I have have something to say... It's better to burn out, than to fade away!

Ahh Goobs, before that we have I recognize you and a fair bit more. Great scene gents!

Btw, Starro owns...

darthgoober
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Only you would get that.

Because you're old.
If you haven't seen Highlander enough to have it virtually memorized than you're a racist mad

darthgoober
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Why thank you, I'm just old too...

Ahh Goobs, before that we have I recognize you and a fair bit more. Great scene gents!

Btw, Starro owns...
Yeah I really like it when he acts like he's going to lick the nuns lol

Galan007
I have have something to say... It's better to burn out, than to fade away! See, we are bringing some culture to these savages. thumb up

http://i.imgur.com/2VkfNQR.gif

Yeah I really like it when he acts like he's going to lick the nuns lol http://i.imgur.com/2uO4jNE.gif

Steve Zodiac
See, we are bringing some culture to these savages. thumb up

http://i.imgur.com/2VkfNQR.gif

http://i.imgur.com/2uO4jNE.gif Heh, agreed!

Yeah I really like it when he acts like he's going to lick the nuns lol Perhaps the most underrated movie of all time.

darthgoober
Perhaps the most underrated movie of all time.
I'm pretty sure it was a fairly big hit when it first came out and it eventually gained a huge cult following. I think it suffered over time because of serious continuity issues in regards to the sequels and the series. Even if we outright ignore part 2 for being a horrible abomination(which it IS) there's just too many things that don't line up because the first movie was supposed to be the last movie, there wasn't supposed to be any kind of follow up. Conner won the prize, period.

That doesn't mean that I don't love the franchise as a whole because I do, but they're are HUGE problems with virtually every movie and therefor the series because the two are tied together.

Steve Zodiac
I'm pretty sure it was a fairly big hit when it first came out and it eventually gained a huge cult following. I think it suffered over time because of serious continuity issues in regards to the sequels and the series. Even if we outright ignore part 2 for being a horrible abomination(which it IS) there's just too many things that don't line up because the first movie was supposed to be the last movie, there wasn't supposed to be any kind of follow up. Conner won the prize, period.

That doesn't mean that I don't love the franchise as a whole because I do, but they're are HUGE problems with virtually every movie and therefor the series because the two are tied together.

Box office flop Goobs, it made 15 million on a 25 million budget. It made it on video and yes I agree with everything else you said totally.

darthgoober
Box office flop Goobs, it made 15 million on a 25 million budget. It made it on video and yes I agree with everything else you said totally.
Wow I stand corrected then. For some reason I was under the impression that the first one did well.

darthgoober
Wait a second, do you mean it only made 15 mill in America or internationally? Lots of movies SEEM like bombs going by stats in America but are huge successes overall. For instance Waterworld was actually a pretty big money maker despite flopping here.

Steve Zodiac
Wait a second, do you mean it only made 15 mill in America or internationally? Lots of movies SEEM like bombs going by stats in America but are huge successes overall. For instance Waterworld was actually a pretty big money maker despite flopping here.

Not Higlander sadly, well it had more success, but not big numbers.

Box office-wise, in the United States, the movie only took in $2,453,021 in its opening weekend and ended up grossing $5,735,847. However, the movie had more success internationally, taking in $12,885,193.

It did great on video.

Galan007

That doesn't mean that I don't love the franchise as a whole because I do, but they're are HUGE problems with virtually every movie and therefor the series because the two are tied together. The franchise is a complete and utter mess from the first film onward. Ever other film made should have taken place(from a chronological POV) BEFORE the first film if they wanted to expand the franchise by introducing different immortals and such. At least THAT would have made more sense than random immortals popping up AFTER Connor had already won the prize and become the last immortal, lol.

The first film simply left NO real room for expansion in the typical 'Highlander' sense. Connor beat the game, and that's that.

darthgoober
Not Higlander sadly, well it had more success, but not big numbers.

Box office-wise, in the United States, the movie only took in $2,453,021 in its opening weekend and ended up grossing $5,735,847. However, the movie had more success internationally, taking in $12,885,193.

It did great on video.
Ah... yeah that's just sad. Makes you wonder why they ever tried a sequel.I'm glad they did because it eventually led to the series(which is what originally hooked me), but if the first one lost 10 mill internationally I certainly wouldn't have funded a second if I were a producer.

Steve Zodiac
Ah... yeah that's just sad. Makes you wonder why they ever tried a sequel.I'm glad they did because it eventually led to the series(which is what originally hooked me), but if the first one lost 10 mill internationally I certainly wouldn't have funded a second if I were a producer. The critics at the time crucified it for the broken narrative time hopping, which I think made it and was groundbreaking.

darthgoober
The franchise is a complete and utter mess from the first film onward. Ever other film made should have taken place(from a chronological POV) BEFORE the first film if they wanted to expand the franchise by introducing different immortals and such. At least THAT would have made more sense than random immortals popping up AFTER Connor had already won the prize and become the last immortal, lol.

The first film simply left NO real room for expansion in the typical 'Highlander' sense. Connor beat the game, and that's that.
See in theory I can accept the idea of a simple recton even in Cinema. But the fact that NONE of the movies tie together properly really freaking pisses me off. In Endgame, why the Hell didn't Conner have the power of illusion? Why didn't he have any of the psychic stuff he got early on in the FIRST movie? Why didn't Duncan have it in the last movie? And mostly,why the Hell did it turn out that Duncan was married a long time ago when the premise behind Tessa dying was that Duncan was destined to NEVER be be married?! Seriously, her death was tramatic as f*ck for me and they totally freaking ignored it!

Steve Zodiac
See in theory I can accept the idea of a simple recton even in Cinema. But the fact that NONE of the movies tie together properly really freaking pisses me off. In Endgame, why the Hell didn't Conner have the power of illusion? Why didn't he have any of the psychic stuff he got early on in the FIRST movie? Why didn't Duncan have it in the last movie? And mostly,why the Hell did it turn out that Duncan was married a long time ago when the premise behind Tessa dying was that Duncan was destined to NEVER be be married?! Seriously, her death was tramatic as f*ck for me and they totally freaking ignored it! and then we have Michael Ironside... wtf Alien origin, agreed Galan and Goobs or GnG it's a mess that only a reboot could sort out.

darthgoober
and then we have Michael Ironside... wtf Alien origin, agreed Galan and Goobs or GnG it's a mess that only a reboot could sort out.
The most tragic thing, is they could have fixed ALL of it if they'd handled the third movie right. Kane had the power of illusion right? So rather than just ignore everything that happened before they could have said that Kane escaped the cave a couple of years before the first movie and used to power to manipulate the Immortals from the first movie into believing the game was almost over in a plan to get Kurgen(his biggest threat) and Conner(who he hates because of him getting trapped in the cave) to fight. And the entire second movie was just an illusion that Kane cooked up to torture Conner after Kurgen was killed. He releases Conner from the illusion as he approaches Conner on the rooftop(passed out next to Kurgen), the girl is killed and Conner escapes by jumping/falling off the building, and the last hour or so of the movie goes just as it originally did EXCEPT that there's an extra scene at the end that skips forward a couple of months in time and leads to Conner meeting up with Duncan in the first episode of the series which actually came out two years before the 3rd movie. Bam!... everything tied up in one nice little bow. It wouldn't be perfect because rectons never are, but it would be a Hell of a lot better than just constantly ignoring everything the way they did. And it would have made Kane seem like a true mastermind and badass rather than a cheap villain of the week type.

carver9
Team wins

Zack M
Starro. He's trans level, at least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.