Black Panther vs. Marvel gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
BP is in his full suit, is allowed to heal fully after every match. Opponents are armed with their standard gear. Fight takes place in 1 acre of heavy forestry enclosed in a dome (think mini Hunger Games arena). The fighters are:

1. Deadpool
2. Luke Cage
3. X-24
4. Winter Soldier
5. Captain America
6. Spiderman (Garfield)
7. Iron Man
8. Lizard
9. Thor
10. Vision

How far can he go while fighting in his home environment?

KingD19
Bad order. He and Cage should stalemate unless Luke rips the suit off. If he somehow makes it past him, I think 24 has enough strength combined with the claws to penetrate him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Bad order. He and Cage should stalemate unless Luke rips the suit off. If he somehow makes it past him, I think 24 has enough strength combined with the claws to penetrate him.

I didn't think Cage's skin can continuously stop BP's vibranium claws. But what order would you have put them in?

TheVaultDweller
First 3 he should be able to handle, but it becomes a bit iffy from there on, considering we have yet to see his suit really take punishment comparable to what some of these guys can dish out. I mean it's taken bullets, super strong hits, and watered-down explosive arrows from Hawkeye, but it hasn't been hit with something like Winter Soldier's magnetic grenade rifle, or one of IM's tank busters.

KingD19
Well so far his claws haven't done anything but scratch the paint on Cap's shield and snap Hawkeye's bow. Until his movie drops I don't see the claws(which at this point aren't verified vibranium) doing more than superficial damage.

With standard gear though I'd say

Deadpool
Captain America
Bucky(Winter Soldier ready to kill with his toys is way different from Bucky)
Iron Man
X-24
Luke Cage

The last 4 don't matter as he loses period.
Spidey is too fast, too strong, and BP doesn't have a solid answer for webbing.
Lizard is stronger and faster than Spidey by a good margin.
Thor is stronger than both of them, too durable to be hurt by anything Panther has shown, a great fighter, and has a bunch of weather attacks. And if Mjolnir doesn't knock Panther back/down, Thor can always just sit it on his hand or chest.
Vision is at least as strong as Thor, can phase through attacks and become too durable/strong to hurt. And his laser is at least a distraction if nothing else.

TheVaultDweller
Well, the Thor one is a complete no-brainer. I mean one could potentially still speculate about how well vibranium could phase through vibranium, where Vision is concerned, but we saw how vulnerable BP's suit is to electricity. If one of Widow's tasers could give him problems, a lightning bolt from Thor would likely one-shot him.

Also, don't recall Lizard being faster than Spiderman at all. They were pretty even in speed. Lizard was just significantly stronger, had much greater reach, and recovered pretty much instantly from all of Peter's attacks.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
First 3 he should be able to handle, but it becomes a bit iffy from there on, considering we have yet to see his suit really take punishment comparable to what some of these guys can dish out. I mean it's taken bullets, super strong hits, and watered-down explosive arrows from Hawkeye, but it hasn't been hit with something like Winter Soldier's magnetic grenade rifle, or one of IM's tank busters.

That's why I made the fight in a forest, so BP could hopefully utilize his agility to offset some of the heavy weaponry.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
That's why I made the fight in a forest, so BP could hopefully utilize his agility to offset some of the heavy weaponry.

That would probably help against Winter Soldier, but not sure how much help it will be given Iron Man's targeting system, scanners, homing missiles, or the fact that he can just do what he does here at 1:12 if he needs to clear some space.

MZWzf3h50LU

And that was before he had improved his laser tech to the point where it ran off the arc reactor and could be used multiple times during a fight without significant power drain, like he did in AoU.

FrothByte
^ If BP is able to get in close to IM, do you think he'd stand a chance then?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
^ If BP is able to get in close to IM, do you think he'd stand a chance then?

Well, his odds would certainly go up, but it wouldn't be a done deal either. Steve was repeatedly bashing Tony with his shield and causing mostly superficial damage, and that shield is heavier and can cut deeper than BP's claws can. The only really notable damage Steve did was the arc reactor smash at the end, but Bucky's metal arm had already warped and damaged the metal around it earlier in the fight, leaving it more exposed than it normally would be. And if BP can't take him out quickly, Tony could scan his fight pattern like he did Steve, and then beat him down and potentially pull off his helmet or something. It's certainly not impossible for T'Challa to win, but I would go with Tony for a solid majority, all things considered.

This could obviously change after BP's solo movie comes out though. Based on the teaser, it looks like he gets a few upgrades.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.