Do you think you're smarter than President Trump?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Seriously, do you think that you're smarter than the 45th President of the United States of America? And if so, why? Vote and post down below!

jaden101
Yes. I know words. I have the best of the words.

ESB -1138
No. Trump managed to rise to the top in Manhattan real-estate, the entertainment business, and politics. You can try to say he got lucky once but to rise to the top of these three difficult businesses/endeavors requires a level of intelligence.

Bashar Teg
because it's very difficult for people from wealthy families to "rise up".

|King Joker|
It's such a mixed bag for me. At times he seems absolutely retarded with the vocabulary of a third grader, but if you take a step back and look at it objectively, there's no way someone that stupid could be in his position. No one is that lucky.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
because it's very difficult for people from wealthy families to "rise up". This thumb up

|King Joker|
That can only get you so far.

BTW, if you guys look at interviews with Trump from a few decades ago, he was far more articulate and eloquent back then than he is today.

staxamillion
to the presidency as 'W' has shown us as well

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|

BTW, if you guys look at interviews with Trump from a few decades ago, he was far more articulate and eloquent back then than he is today. Portions of his brain have melted over time?

|King Joker|
probably some degenerative disease, which is ironic because that was what they implied hillary had

ESB -1138
because it's very difficult for people from wealthy families to "rise up".

Yes. Yes it is. There's plenty of examples of children of wealthy families squandering their wealth. That's where the old saying "Three generations of wealth" comes from. 70% of rich families lose their wealth by the second generation.

ESB -1138

BTW, if you guys look at interviews with Trump from a few decades ago, he was far more articulate and eloquent back then than he is today.

He's also 71. A lot of old farts aren't as articulate and eloquent as they were back in the day.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ESB -1138
He's also 71. A lot of old farts aren't as articulate and eloquent as they were back in the day. hillary still is smile

Beniboybling
No but really, Trump talks weird and dumb but there is evidence that the way he talks (or chooses to talk) is because it's effective.

Here for example, on how he answers questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aFo_BV-UzI

There is also another one somewhere on how he gives all his opponents catching denigrating nicknames, like Lying Ted & Crooked Hillary, deliberately to weaken them. His use of Twitter is also geared towards that.

I don't think Trump is dumb per se, I think he's a salesman, he knows about economics and he knows how to market things, and make himself marketable, even if in a very crude, egotistical way. However what he is is an ignorant, incompetent man baby incapable of properly running a country.

staxamillion
Originally posted by Beniboybling
No but really, Trump talks weird and dumb but there is evidence that the way he talks (or chooses to talk) is because it's effective.

Here for example, on how he answers questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aFo_BV-UzI

There is also another one somewhere on how he gives all his opponents catching denigrating nicknames, like Lying Ted & Crooked Hillary, deliberately to weaken them. His use of Twitter is also geared towards that.

I don't think Trump is dumb per se, I think he's a salesman, he knows about economics and he knows how to market things, and make himself marketable, even if in a very crude, egotistical way. However what he is is an ignorant, incompetent man baby incapable of properly running a country.

I do believe trump is good at marketing and the bullying thing is a good way for ppl to bandwagon because its all rallying point. I get it. it does take a certain amount of intelligence to finesse and exploit ppl to the extent that he has overtime so im not saying he's retarded. if you attribute him being a bigot to Obama as a political strategy and not just racist then i might give him smart points but i think he truly is a bigot and a misogynist. so can being yourself really be looked at being smart in the same context?

|King Joker|
He still talks unintelligently in conversations with foreign leaders and in press briefings, which wouldn't make sense to do if it was an act, at least in the case with foreign leaders.

Surtur
hillary still is smile

True, she is quite good at articulating how everybody but her was to blame for her loss.

Being good at articulating things will be beneficial the next time someone asks her about the newest federal investigation into her.

|King Joker|
ok

Emperordmb
She may be articulate but she has the charisma of a wet noodle.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
She may be articulate but she has the charisma of a wet noodle. ?

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b90f7bb9f7357354de14290191c512c0/tumblr_inline_o8h8v820Ih1qgk4m1_500.gif

Emperordmb
thanks for proving my point lol

|King Joker|
?

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b90f7bb9f7357354de14290191c512c0/tumblr_inline_o8h8v820Ih1qgk4m1_500.gif LMFAO

dadudemon
He still talks unintelligently in conversations with foreign leaders and in press briefings, which wouldn't make sense to do if it was an act, at least in the case with foreign leaders.

And when asked questions which have very easy to make counterpoints that could make him look good, he goes for broke and doubles-down on idiotic statements. That irritates me about Trump. It is frustrating watching him dance.

?

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b90f7bb9f7357354de14290191c512c0/tumblr_inline_o8h8v820Ih1qgk4m1_500.gif

This is uncomfortable to watch. sad

Surtur
She may be articulate but she has the charisma of a wet noodle.

Don't diss a noodle like that.

Plus she is super good at getting celebrities to shill for her. Plus Jimmy Fallon was even nice enough to open that jar of pickles for her before she opened it on television to prove how healthy she was. Come bro, pickles.

Surtur
thanks for proving my point lol

I have to say I'm confused, was this supposed to show charisma? She has some charisma because of, from what I can tell, are some serious failures at seeming hip?

Beniboybling
You don't think Hillary looked hip there?

Surtur
You don't think Hillary looked hip there?

No, but maybe you Brits have a different version of "hip". I mean, you guys like soccer.

But yeah, she looks like a grandmother trying to appear hip and cool and failing. Thankfully my grandma didn't do that shit on national tv.

EDIT: Sorry like soccer? I meant love. Just kidding bro it's awesome thumb up

|King Joker|
Poor Hillary, she tried her best. sad

Bashar Teg
must be some secret dance of the elite.

http://i.imgur.com/2xjq8j6.gif

Surtur
Poor Hillary, she tried her best. sad

Yikes, she needs to try the best of someone else then.

|King Joker|
Someone post a gif of when Trump danced to Hotline Bling by Drake. smile

Surtur
Someone post a gif of when Trump danced to Hotline Bling by Drake. smile

That's playing with fire bro. The gif of Bush dancing already still makes Bush seem hipper than Hilary. (Perhaps because Bush looks like he kinda isn't sure what is even going on)

Can liberals stand seeing Trump look more hip dancing? Hide any sharp objects first before posting.

|King Joker|
Hillary, Bush and Trump need to have a dance-off.

Surtur
Hillary, Bush and Trump need to have a dance-off.

I know who we can get to judge it:

http://i.imgur.com/ZK682Aq.gif

I swear to god I bet you he'd actually do it.

BackFire
Yes, I think most people I know are smarter than Trump. He's clearly not an intelligent man. He struggles to speak in complete sentences and most of his ideas are short-sighted and the type of thing a dumb person would think of as a way to solve complex issues.

As someone else pointed out, he did seem to be smarter when he was younger, more articulate and thoughtful, then something changed as he got older and now just sounds like some low IQ Alzheimer patient.

He's good at getting attention, and that's about it.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Yes, I think most people I know are smarter than Trump. He's clearly not an intelligent man. He struggles to speak in complete sentences and most of his ideas are short-sighted and the type of thing a dumb person would think of as a way to solve complex issues.

As someone else pointed out, he did seem to be smarter when he was younger, more articulate and thoughtful, then something changed as he got older and now just sounds like some low IQ Alzheimer patient.

He's good at getting attention, and that's about it.

Low IQ and good at getting attention, he's a Kardashian.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Robtard
Low IQ and good at getting attention, he's a Kardashian. His IQ is 156...

|King Joker|
No it isn't, lmfao.

The fact that you can listen to Trump babble incoherently and make an utter fool out of himself yet simultaneously believe that he's one of the smartest Presidents ever is honestly hilarious and completely absurd.

Henry_Pym
No it isn't, lmfao.

The fact that you can listen to Trump babble incoherently and make an utter fool out of himself yet simultaneously believe that he's one of the smartest Presidents ever is honestly hilarious and completely absurd. Not more absurd than people who think speaking is a prerequisite to intelligence. I'll just tell Stephen Hawkins to stop writing because you think he has nothing of importance to say till he works on his ability to speak coherently ...

Also lol Snopes

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Henry_Pym

Also lol Snopes

whoa really shut down fact checkers with that argument. thumb up

|King Joker|
Not more absurd than people who think speaking is a prerequisite to intelligence. I'll just tell Stephen Hawkins to stop writing because you think he has nothing of importance to say till he works on his ability to speak coherently ...

Also lol Snopes Yeah, if you can barely speak coherently and have the vocabulary of a third grader I'd say the chances you're an intellectual genius are pretty low, sorry. And get back to me when Donald Trump develops ALS, lmfao.

No rebuttal for any of the points in the article? Okay, I accept your concession. smile

dadudemon
whoa really shut down fact checkers with that argument. thumb up

Yeah, actually, Snopes was caught several times during the 2016 election being wrong and biased for democrats. If someone quotes snopes on any political issues, I'm automatically skeptical of snopes being accurate and will look for a different source. no expression

|King Joker|
It's not like Snopes would be any more inaccurate than the baseless claim that Trump has an IQ of 156. A lot of the points the Snopes article (http://www.snopes.com/donald-trumps-intelligence-quotient/) makes is reaffirmed in this Salon article (http://www.salon.com/2016/12/18/donald-trumps-questionable-intelligence-all-those-false-claims-about-his-academic-record-and-derision-of-others-bespeak-profound-insecurity/), if that helps. But whatever, I don't see why I need to scour the Internet for various different outlets reporting on the obscure and fantasied claim that Trump is comparable to people like FDR, JFK or Lincoln, or that he's smarter than more than 99% of the human population, lol. Like, come on.

dadudemon
It's not like Snopes would be any more inaccurate than the baseless claim that Trump has an IQ of 156. A lot of the points the Snopes article (http://www.snopes.com/donald-trumps-intelligence-quotient/) makes is reaffirmed in this Salon article (http://www.salon.com/2016/12/18/donald-trumps-questionable-intelligence-all-those-false-claims-about-his-academic-record-and-derision-of-others-bespeak-profound-insecurity/), if that helps. But whatever, I don't see why I need to scour the Internet for various different outlets reporting on the obscure and fantasied claim that Trump is comparable to people like FDR, JFK or Lincoln, or that he's smarter than more than 99% of the human population, lol. Like, come on.

You don't. Your response was completely unnecessary. I did not even respond to you.

And even an idiot knows that Trump's IQ is not 156 (which the number is moderately meaningless without specifying which test this refers to).

|King Joker|
I posted the article from Snopes, so even if you weren't directly responding to me your post still questioned the legitimacy of the source that I brought up, so I felt the need to address that.

Indeed, but unfortunately there's people like Pym who are borderline retarded that actually believe it. sad

Robtard
His IQ is 156...

I'm not surprised at all that someone like you would believe Trump has a genius level IQ.

(Lewis Terman scale)

Beniboybling
Not more absurd than people who think speaking is a prerequisite to intelligence. I'll just tell Stephen Hawkins to stop writing because you think he has nothing of importance to say till he works on his ability to speak coherently ...laughing

Also, this thread just reminded me of an old show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSSDgSo-vDY&t=0m57s

BackFire
Not more absurd than people who think speaking is a prerequisite to intelligence. I'll just tell Stephen Hawkins to stop writing because you think he has nothing of importance to say till he works on his ability to speak coherently ...

Also lol Snopes

Hawking speaks more coherently than Trump, and he has an actual excuse not to.

Robtard
There's really nothing wrong with Hawkin's vocabulary. He's also not known to contradict himself because he can't remember what he claimed the previous day, unlike Trump.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Robtard
There's really nothing wrong with Hawkin's vocabulary. He's also not known to contradict himself because he can't remember what he claimed the previous day, unlike Trump. Which is weird given it's all on electronic memory, he should have almost total recall. His Biography really is amazing far better than the very good Redmayne film. Where Eddie Redmayne was awesome.

Todd1700

Also lol Snopes

Good lord. Hawkins has a physical condition that impairs his ability to speak. That is not remotely similar to someone like Trump that is a totally inarticulate liar and often contradicts himself from one speech to the next. Hell, sometimes within the same speech.

When Hawkins gives a speech in which 75% of what he says is either wrong or a flat out lie and the other 25% is meaningless babble get back to me. Then you will have some grounds for comparison. Of course even then Hawkins would have only done it once whereas Trump does it day after day after day.

And to answer the original question, yes, I am more intelligent than Trump about a great many things. He may know more about some aspects of business than me but science, U.S and world History, civics, government, and a wide range of other topics I'd mop the floor with his ass. Not that that is anything to brag about.

Beniboybling
Speaking of Hawkings, Trump and articulation:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/stephen-hawking-angers-trump-supporters-with-baffling-array-of-long-words

Robtard

Bashar Teg
i like to think they looked up the word "denominator", still didn't understand, and got even more confused/angry.

|King Joker|
Speaking of Hawkings, Trump and articulation:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/stephen-hawking-angers-trump-supporters-with-baffling-array-of-long-words That's ****ing hilarious. laughing out loud

Henry_Pym
You realize elitism is why Democrats keep losing elections?

Emperordmb
You don't have to be an elitist democrat to properly recognize how inarticulate Trump is, and how a lot of shit like the Russia thing would go a lot better for him if he could just keep his mouth shut and not do inflammatory shit that makes him seem even sketchier.

Granted, there's a difference between rightly calling Trump a dumbass, and having the crazed media obsession with him where CNN flips out over two scoops of ice cream and how he likes his steak.

So yes, I agree with you that there's a really shitty condescending air of left-wing smugness coming from people like Samantha Bee, and I agree that the media's unhealthy obsession with Trump to the point of literally grasping for whatever straws they can find to bash him are really shitty and are detrimental to the left in the political climate, but no you are not an elitist douchebag for criticizing the intelligence of Donald Trump.

SquallX
So can anyone of you name me one thing you've done in you're life that proves you're smarter than Trump?

Steve Zodiac
I think Trump is cunning, to underestimate him is not a good idea. I also think he is well educated, education provides standardized intelligence. Is it likely Trump tests well? Probably.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.