The Mandrain vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..
No B.F.R..

The Mandarin

Vs

Aquaman

Fight takes place in NYC

deathslash
Mandarin pimp slaps Aquaman so hard that it leaves an imprint of his rings on his face.

riv6672
We talking old school Mandarin or his kid?
I think the old man can take some wins here for sure.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
We talking old school Mandarin or his kid?
I think the old man can take some wins here for sure.

Mandarin had a kid?

JBL
Mandrain in a STOMP.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
Mandarin had a kid?
http://spiderbobcomics.com/villains/marvel/images/MandarinII01.jpg

http://spiderbobcomics.com/villains/marvel/MandarinII.php

Kazenji
Must have been killed off.

StiltmanFTW
Nah, he should be still alive. Last seen with Agents of Atlas, iirc.

riv6672
Yeah, he's on the DL.
Besides, death has never stopped a good forum fight!
Or even s bad one. embarrasment

Prof. T.C McAbe
The only chance Mandarin has are his rings, their abilities and amps. With those I would still give Aquaman 7/10.

StiltmanFTW
You hate Mandy because ODG mopped the floor with you years ago.

Nerve beam for stun, disintegration beam immediately after. Dead fish.

Kazenji
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nah, he should be still alive. Last seen with Agents of Atlas, iirc.

Ah okay

first i've actually heard of the son, I know the father was killed off in Fraction's Iron Man run.

riv6672
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
The only chance Mandarin has are his rings
Duh? Duh.
stick out tongue

leonidas
if we allow for all feats from the rings (including the feats when they were shown to be sentient instead of just the feats mangy himself has performed) then he could definitely win this, maybe for a majority. the rings are pretty uber if all feats are available. if we go with just mandy's showings with the rings, he could win some, but arthur would def take a majority imo.

basilisk
Mandrain's disintegration ring probably is enough to provide the win. Aquaman's only chance is to use his speed to close fast and use his overwhelming strength advantage to take Mandy down.

leonidas
the disintegration ring does complicate things. he has to hit with it first though and that could be a problem. i agree it SHOULD be enough to kill arthur, but....since i've never seen it used on someone of am's level, hard to simply credit it. it has blasted parts of ironman's armor, but could it kill arthur? maybe, like i said, just hard to go ahead and make that assumption. if it can, where do set a limit? i hate these types of powers.... lol

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
he has to hit with it first though and that could be a problem.

Not really, since he can stun his target first with the nerve beam, as I said before.

Artie is going down...

http://dumbbaby.net/a/i/332/01.png

Prof. T.C McAbe
if we allow for all feats from the rings (including the feats when they were shown to be sentient instead of just the feats mangy himself has performed) then he could definitely win this, maybe for a majority. the rings are pretty uber if all feats are available. if we go with just mandy's showings with the rings, he could win some, but arthur would def take a majority imo.

thumb up

VanMae
Irrc, the sentience thing was a temporary upgrade by tech Iron Man encountered after Mandarin's death. Seems odd to use a version of the rings he never actually wore.

riv6672
I dont think he'd need that.

StiltmanFTW
Repeat:

stun + disintegration combo

Full capacity rule makes it a valid strategy.

leonidas
at one point, the disintegration ring needed time to recharge. took quite a while at one point. not sure how long nowadays, but that could be a factor.

StiltmanFTW
Correct. That's why Mandy should stun his target first. Y'know, with the nerve ray ring he happens to have, as shown in the Fantastic Four Annual.

leonidas
the impact beam can stun no doubt, but....AM is pretty damn tough. i recall tony getting knocked on his a$$ but he ring but getting back up. if he can shrug it off, arthur could def do so. i've also seen the disintegration ring used repeatedly against...war machine maybe? so i'm still not sure about the whole recharge thing. may have simply been a plot device that has gone by the wayside. /shrug

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
The only chance Mandarin has are his rings, their abilities and amps. lol?

mighty adam
AM runs up on him and punches his head off. The only AM that loses is 50s AM

StiltmanFTW
the impact beam can stun no doubt, but....AM is pretty damn tough. i recall tony getting knocked on his a$$ but he ring but getting back up. if he can shrug it off, arthur could def do so. i've also seen the disintegration ring used repeatedly against...war machine maybe? so i'm still not sure about the whole recharge thing. may have simply been a plot device that has gone by the wayside. /shrug

Actually, it wasn't stated which one of the rings generated the nerve beam... Impact a.k.a. Influence ring seems to be responsible for it, agreed, but we do not know for certain.

Artie actually is not even bulletproof and his muscle density is only ten times that of human... and nerve attacks tend to do a fine job on tough bricks anyway, just ask Luke Cage.

Anyway, Mandy has used all of his rings at the same time. Again, full capacity rule. What can Arthur do? Talk carp into helping him? stick out tongue

riv6672
^^^Ouch.
But more believable than the 50s Aquaman theory.

mighty adam
^^^Ouch.
But more believable than the 50s Aquaman theory. that pathetic AM that rode around on seahorses with no good feats would probably lose. Any AM in the last 15 20 years beat the breaks off dude

EcstaticGrace
If Mandarins only credit is harming Iron Man physically and still being beat by Stark. Arthur takes this. Aquaman's physical are above Stark standards suits.

-Pr-
Originally posted by mighty adam
that pathetic AM that rode around on seahorses with no good feats would probably lose. Any AM in the last 15 20 years beat the breaks off dude

Sea-horses are ****ing magnificent creatures.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Aquaman's physical are above Stark standards suits.

no expression

Take your meds.

riv6672
Originally posted by mighty adam
that pathetic AM that rode around on seahorses with no good feats would probably lose. Any AM in the last 15 20 years beat the breaks off dude
I'll disagree.
Thats not the most coherent of arguments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/31ruoj/respect_the_mandarin/

This respect thread tells me this is gonna be a fight Aquaman may regret.

leonidas
Actually, it wasn't stated which one of the rings generated the nerve beam... Impact a.k.a. Influence ring seems to be responsible for it, agreed, but we do not know for certain.

Artie actually is not even bulletproof and his muscle density is only ten times that of human... and nerve attacks tend to do a fine job on tough bricks anyway, just ask Luke Cage.

Anyway, Mandy has used all of his rings at the same time. Again, full capacity rule. What can Arthur do? Talk carp into helping him? stick out tongue

yeah, you could be right. mandy is a tough guy to go against. maybe it's just that he never really seems to use the rings in the best possible ways. i've always liked him for his potential, and when the rings went sentient i thought maybe we'd finally see their powers unleashed. and we did, sorta. but mandy never seems to make full use. if he did, he's kick a$$. i think it's because i find him a bit underwhelming that i give AM the majority, though by rights i think you're right, mandy should be able to take him. he just needs some decent wins maybe.

mighty adam
Originally posted by -Pr-
Sea-horses are ****ing magnificent creatures. lol

mighty adam
yeah, you could be right. mandy is a tough guy to go against. maybe it's just that he never really seems to use the rings in the best possible ways. i've always liked him for his potential, and when the rings went sentient i thought maybe we'd finally see their powers unleashed. and we did, sorta. but mandy never seems to make full use. if he did, he's kick a$$. i think it's because i find him a bit underwhelming that i give AM the majority, though by rights i think you're right, mandy should be able to take him. he just needs some decent wins maybe. well thats the thing he doesn't have the feats potential means nothing. On paper glads should beat hulk, thor, even hold on now dont have a heart attack superman yes the greatest brick ever. Glads should be able on theory to will himself invincible. But hes a bum who cant wont and hulk thor superman have or would beat him near death. Mandarin cant even beat omega red and wolverine let alone AM

riv6672
Still going Mandarin.
But yeah, Glads is a bum.

EcstaticGrace
no expression

Take your meds.

Read a book about common sense and see if it helps on the journey to finding some.

EcstaticGrace
Forum Fights aren't also what ifs on if a character decided to use their abilities in a way they're typically not shown to. In the actual comics.

There's a reason J'onn is referred to as a jobber on forums and usually takes losses on characters he should beat going off powers. Common sense stares we don't create fan fics on how we decide our preferred character to win.

riv6672
Forum Fights aren't also what ifs on if a character decided to use their abilities in a way they're typically not shown to. In the actual comics.

There's a reason J'onn is referred to as a jobber on forums and usually takes losses on characters he should beat going off powers. Common sense stares we don't create fan fics on how we decide our preferred character to win.
The reason J'onn gets called a jobber is the same reason certain characters get portrayed as fighting like the Flash when they dont (Superman) or being able to gut any other character despite being leagues below them in power (Wolverine) or having anything needed at any time to win any posted fight as standard gear (Black Panther):

Fan support.

Stories get spun here every day on how characters'd win fights by various methods not seen in the books.
Bullshit gets called depending on the fanbase responding.

EcstaticGrace
The reason J'onn gets called a jobber is the same reason certain characters get portrayed as fighting like the Flash when they dont (Superman) or being able to gut any other character despite being leagues below them in power (Wolverine) or having anything needed at any time to win any posted fight as standard gear (Black Panther):

Fan support.

Stories get spun here every day on how characters'd win fights by various methods not seen in the books.
Bullshit gets called depending on the fanbase responding.

I agree it's bullshit to make up theories on how Mandarin can win based on his powerset. Despite lack of evidence doing any of the such.

Good talk 👌🏿

riv6672
No sweat, your deflections are pretty standard fare.
My points arent in any way made to change what isnt being used, in your case.

EcstaticGrace
It's not a deflection it's using common sense. Your "fans pick whoever they want to win" is a piss poor excuse to suggest hey anyone can win as long as their fanbase supports it.

Batman isn't getting a forum win on Superman in a no prep battle just because he has the greater fanbase. There's fight where Id admit a preferred character would lose. This isn't one of them as shown so far. Cry me a river with that fanbase bs.

VanMae
yeah, you could be right. mandy is a tough guy to go against. maybe it's just that he never really seems to use the rings in the best possible ways. i've always liked him for his potential, and when the rings went sentient i thought maybe we'd finally see their powers unleashed. and we did, sorta. but mandy never seems to make full use. if he did, he's kick a$$. i think it's because i find him a bit underwhelming that i give AM the majority, though by rights i think you're right, mandy should be able to take him. he just needs some decent wins maybe.

I think Mandarin kind of suffers from the same problem as Thor, in that his weapon competes with his personal abilities for story-space.

Thor has plenty of showings where his weather-control looks far less impressive than Storm's, but his strength is clearly Hulk-class.

Thor has a handful of showings where his weather-control is insanely cosmic, but you wouldn't guess his strength was any higher than Thing's based on what is shown.

The Mandarin has kind of a similar problem in that his superhuman chi-channeling martial arts abilities, his rings, and his prep all compete for story-space.

In the Knaufs's story, you wouldn't know the rings were a big deal at all, because both his superhuman martial arts abilities and his prep are played up.

In the Byrne story, you wouldn't know he is good at prep or possesses superhuman martial arts abilities at all, because the rings are really played up as cosmically powerful.

In the Busiek story, you would never guess that his rings were powerful at all, or that he had superhuman martial arts abilities, because the story is completely about his prep, i.e. the Dragon of Heaven.

It's almost impossible to write a coherent story that gives all three major aspects of his character full credit. So something always gets toned down.

riv6672
It's not a deflection it's using common sense. Your "fans pick whoever they want to win" is a piss poor excuse to suggest hey anyone can win as long as their fanbase supports it.

Batman isn't getting a forum win on Superman in a no prep battle just because he has the greater fanbase. There's fight where Id admit a preferred character would lose. This isn't one of them as shown so far. Cry me a river with that fanbase bs.
Looks like you're doing enough crying for the both of us, do, pass on that last.

Your example is something i've actually seen argued here, as fans of Batman grasp at straws.
A better example you can easily click on right now, is the Black Adam vs Wolverine thread, where the first response is 'what happens if Wolverine stans BA in the eyes', and at least one poster expects ppl to think Wolvie can gut BA.

Fans, whatcha gonna do. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.