Rank those metals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Wich one is harder?

- Asgardian Destroyer
- WW bracelets
- Adamantium
- Captain America shield
- Mjolnir
- Average Celestial armor (without any force field)
- Hellbat armor
- Juggernaut helmet

HueyFreeman
I was only gonna say why not deathstroke Promethium sword as well?

bluewaterrider
Should add in:

1. Supermanium

2. Inertron

StiltmanFTW
lulz at Cain's helmet being here

eaebiakuya
Add any metal you want in your ranking.

abhilegend
Cap's shield/Diana's bracers
Adamantium
Destroyer
Mjolnir
Celestial armor
Hellbat
Cain's helmet

JBL
Originally posted by abhilegend
Adamantium
Destroyer
Mjolnir
Celestial armor
Hellbat
Cain's helmet you claimed that superman broke the bracers right? By placing them equal to caps shield and above the rest is absolutely ridicules.

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend
Adamantium
Destroyer
Mjolnir
Celestial armor
Hellbat
Cain's helmet

thumb up

except i think i'd put the bracers above cap's shield, slightly...

JBL
Of course you will agree.

leonidas
lol so where's your list exactly...?

and i never claimed superman broke the bracers. afaik they are the ONLY thing on that list that hasn't been broken, and unlike the shield they have withstood attacks from skyfathers and not been broken.

cap's shield is obviously more durable than adamantium. destroyer could be equal i guess, hard to say. historically the last 4 are uncontestably at the bottom. so, go ahead and give your thoughts. we all can't wait. thumb up

JBL
The bracers were forged from broken material.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by JBL
The bracers were forged from broken material. Maestro had Cap's shield broken in his trophy room.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
The bracers were forged from broken material.

Forging makes things stronger.

JBL
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Forging makes things stronger. Not in comics. Thor has reforged his hammer just like surtur did his sword. WW bracers were reforged into bracers.

Steve Zodiac
I rate the creation blade as harder than any of them.

eaebiakuya
What are Captain America shield best feats?

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by JBL
Not in comics. Thor has reforged his hammer just like surtur did his sword. WW bracers were reforged into bracers.

This really dont care. We should just go for feats.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Maestro had Cap's shield broken in his trophy room.

Future Imperfect is not canon to 616 reality.

psycho gundam
Exitar's brain case should boost the Celestial armour considering it took energies that completely shattered Mjolnir even after being reinforced by his belt of power. After that the dome was only like 60% destroyed and the pieces that broke were intact enough to potentially repair it.

Wonder woman's bracers also repelled the god wave so even if that's an outlier to some her average is pulled up

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Future Imperfect is not canon to 616 reality.

No, it's a divergent future timeline that has "branched off" from 616 hence the travelling into the past directly into the 616 Universe... The many worlds theory which this is based on is explicit about decisions changing future timelines... You understand that means all materials are identical to prior the branching event?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Not in comics. Thor has reforged his hammer just like surtur did his sword. WW bracers were reforged into bracers.

Got an example of this in DC?

celeyhyga17
Wondy's bracers were broken in New 52 twice, but those events may have been retconned...?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fbxbYhX2OKg/UsvXqQKMLXI/AAAAAAABiJ8/lgWcrusPiLk/s1600/-020+copy.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hROf4tGkYxU/VW8MeN4q-_I/AAAAAAAMBIc/aV2EwlTCCEI/s1600/p_4_28%2Bcopy.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xTHkXXgI5Ks/VW8MhIFcorI/AAAAAAAMBIY/yHCFq0IDTcw/s1600/p_4_29%2Bcopy.jpg

DarkSaint85
No idea, with DC, lol.

But am curious to know when forging something makes it weaker....

celeyhyga17
I think he's saying that it doesn't necessarily become stronger.

Steve Zodiac
@stiltman

No, it's a divergent future timeline that has "branched off" from 616 hence the traveling into the past directly into the 616 Universe... The many worlds theory which this is based on is explicit about decisions changing future timelines... You understand that means all materials are identical to prior the branching event?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I think he's saying that it doesn't necessarily become stronger.

OK - in that case, am curious to then see examples of THAT. He has Thor/Mjolnir, and Surtur/sword (although am pretty sure Mjolnir got stronger). Cap's shield got stronger after it was broken, for example.

So in DC - does the same logic (which isn't RL logic) apply?

StiltmanFTW
@stiltman

No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

Comics released strictly online or on web sites will not be considered proof in the Comic Book Versus Forum.

An obscure interview given by someone involved in a story arc is not proof to refute feats. Neither is a random post by a supposed writer on a message board, blogs, tweets, etc. There have been too many of these so called interviews which go against what's shown on panel. Especially when there is no dialogue to refute what's happening on panel. Most writers are clear with the intentions of the plot and story arc.

This principle extends to characters with multiple versions, alternate timelines, etc. Unless specified by the thread starter, only current-version canon feats are allowed.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t461496.html

celeyhyga17
OK - in that case, am curious to then see examples of THAT. He has Thor/Mjolnir, and Surtur/sword (although am pretty sure Mjolnir got stronger). Cap's shield got stronger after it was broken, for example.

So in DC - does the same logic (which isn't RL logic) apply?
All the times Mjolnir was broken and reforged, did they make it a point that it was more durable than ever?

The two example of Wondy's bracers being broken, did it get more durable when it was whole again after each consecutive break?

With Caps shield they made a point of it being stronger with the uru.

Forging something from base materials into something should make it stronger.
In regards to Wondy's bracers, he is probably saying that they were already made from finished alloys(Zeus aegis), but reforged into a new shape...? I guess.

DarkSaint85
All the times Mjolnir was broken and reforged, did they make it a point that it was more durable than ever?

The two example of Wondy's bracers being broken, did it get more durable when it was whole again after each consecutive break?

In regards to Wondy's bracers, he is probably saying that they were already made from finished alloys(Zeus aegis), but reforged into a new shape...? I guess.

He's saying they were broken before, and so, their breakage in their previous incarnation should count.

JBL

In regards to Wondy's bracers, he is probably saying that they were already made from finished alloys(Zeus aegis), but reforged into a new shape...? I guess. 100% correct.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
100% correct.

So do you have examples of this comic logic existing in DC?

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
and i never claimed superman broke the bracers. afaik they are the ONLY thing on that list that hasn't been broken, and unlike the shield they have withstood attacks from skyfathers and not been broken. Well in the DCnU at least, the Bracers have been broken, but it took the Omega Energies to do so...
https://s7d8.turboimg.net/t/35283341_Justice_League_2011-_041-030.jpg https://s7d8.turboimg.net/t/35283342_Justice_League_2011-_041-031.jpg

...Although the Omega Energies would also shatter anything on this list, so it's probably not the best gauge. /shrug

JBL
Wondy's bracers were broken in New 52 twice, but those events may have been retconned...?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fbxbYhX2OKg/UsvXqQKMLXI/AAAAAAABiJ8/lgWcrusPiLk/s1600/-020+copy.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hROf4tGkYxU/VW8MeN4q-_I/AAAAAAAMBIc/aV2EwlTCCEI/s1600/p_4_28%2Bcopy.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xTHkXXgI5Ks/VW8MhIFcorI/AAAAAAAMBIY/yHCFq0IDTcw/s1600/p_4_29%2Bcopy.jpg I guess Leo doesn't know this or just agree with anything DC fans post or maybe he just have the slightest notion of what he's yapping about😉

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
...But the Omega Energies would also shatter anything on this list

Keep dreaming.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
I guess Leo doesn't this or just agree with anything DC fans post.

We have no idea whether it has been retconned or not.

JBL
Originally posted by Galan007
Well in the DCnU at least, the Bracers have been broken, but it took the Omega Energies to do so...
https://s7d8.turboimg.net/t/35283341_Justice_League_2011-_041-030.jpg https://s7d8.turboimg.net/t/35283342_Justice_League_2011-_041-031.jpg

...Although the Omega Energies would also shatter anything on this list, so it's probably not the best gauge. /shrug yeah, keep dreaming.

Galan007
We have no idea whether it has been retconned or not. Depends when the current Justice League series is set(from an in-universe POV), because Dianna still has her Bracers:
https://s7d6.turboimg.net/t/35283621_Justice_League_2016-_023-010.jpg

Damborgson
lol so where's your list exactly...?

and i never claimed superman broke the bracers. afaik they are the ONLY thing on that list that hasn't been broken, and unlike the shield they have withstood attacks from skyfathers and not been broken.

The hammer has taken Skyfather blasts now and not been broken either.

http://i.imgur.com/FERMPkB.jpg

This is all fairly new though. It's not even the same weapon as times past to be honest.

eaebiakuya
I think you could find best feats from the hammer than this one (like, im sure it should have tanked a blast from Surtur or any other skyfather). We just dont know how strong is Odin atm.

But i ask, why most of people are ranking Destroyer armor below Adamantium and Cap Shield?

And i ask again: what is the best feat of the shield? I know it tanked a punch from Thanos...and only Skyfathers destroyed it.

leonidas
Originally posted by JBL
I guess Leo doesn't know this or just agree with anything DC fans post or maybe he just have the slightest notion of what he's yapping about😉

good gawd you're a tool. laughing out loud

nice list you shared btw. typically showing off your legendary knowledge. you're like that annoying puppy who gets so excited when an adult walks in the room he doesn't know what to do so he just runs up and starts humping his leg then gets kicked to the side for his efforts. you're like that little puppy when you see abhi or me or phil post. laughing out loud

anyway, the new52 stuff wasn't firmly established as canon afaik, and aside from that the bracers have a far greater history, regardless, than any other object on the list. and the idiocy of the whole RL reforging thing: thor had his hammer reforged in a forge in....pittsburgh! lol and uru has been shattered by liquid nitrogen! great feats there. beating my head against a wall though because of course you'd need to be able to read to understand...any of this, so.... shrug

@borg: i just had this discussion with galan. laughing out loud i realize that uru is getting some much needed credit of late. looking strictly at the most current version, it may well be the hardest metal of all of them, but i think the jury is still out and i was looking from a more historical perspective, based on how they'd been broken. as for the shield--it was alluded to that the shield MAY be better with uru. i'm not sure about that, but by all accounts it certainly didn't weaken it, which again, says something about the way uru is being depicted of late.

celeyhyga17
leo is an e-bully

and Boardwalker's sock

JBL
good gawd you're a tool. laughing out loud

nice list you shared btw. typically showing off your legendary knowledge. you're like that annoying puppy who gets so excited when an adult walks in the room he doesn't know what to do so he just runs up and starts humping his leg then gets kicked to the side for his efforts. you're like that little puppy when you see abhi or me or phil post. laughing out loud

anyway, the new52 stuff wasn't firmly established as canon afaik, and aside from that the bracers have a far greater history, regardless, than any other object on the list. and the idiocy of the whole RL reforging thing: thor had his hammer reforged in a forge in....pittsburgh! lol and uru has been shattered by liquid nitrogen! great feats there. beating my head against a wall though because of course you'd need to be able to read to understand...any of this, so.... shrug

@borg: i just had this discussion with galan. laughing out loud i realize that uru is getting some much needed credit of late. looking strictly at the most current version, it may well be the hardest metal of all of them, but i think the jury is still out and i was looking from a more historical perspective, based on how they'd been broken. as for the shield--it was alluded to that the shield MAY be better with uru. i'm not sure about that, but by all accounts it certainly didn't weaken it, which again, says something about the way uru is being depicted of late. The bracers were broken. You didn't know that, yet you place them above caps shield because of another DC fans assumptions?? Try doing a little research before you post your crap and avoid the rat trap you always get caught in. Phil, Abhil?? You do know where their noses are located.

DarkSaint85
Do you have proof it was canon, JBL?

Philosophía
anyway, the new52 stuff wasn't firmly established as canon afaik, and aside from that the bracers have a far greater history, regardless, than any other object on the list. thumb up

The bullet feat has context - it was basically love-based kryptonite. And Rebirth literally retconned all of Azarello's run as an illusion, so it doesn't even matter.

JBL
False and that metal was shattered before WW even received the bracers.

leonidas
@phil: coolio. thumb up

leonidas
leo is an e-bully

and Boardwalker's sock

boardwalker??? sad

and summer's just round the corner for me so maybe we can finally hook up for that bz belt challenge i still owe you. thumb up

celeyhyga17
Now makes me wonder how much of Wondy's interaction with Clark was an illusion....

Reboots...... erm

boardwalker??? sad

and summer's just round the corner for me so maybe we can finally hook up for that bz belt challenge i still owe you. thumb up
laughing out loud

Don't deny it!

StiltmanFTW
boardwalker??? sad

That's the final insult, much worse than master zom calling you "leodickus" in 50 threads.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Board Walker
Why such harsh words young lad? Most people on this forum fancy me, yet only you hold such disdain of me.

Ruler of the House of El, LOB and General McAbe do you approve of me?
Originally posted by Board Walker
Our Public relations is covered no worries, Superman is perceived as the greatest and most powerful, and most significant entity in all of comics and more importantly in our real world.

Superman is in our world, that is something no other comic character can claim.

Superman is a human just like us.

StiltmanFTW
One thing I'm eternally grateful for is when Board Walker helped me fight Carver the Terrible, though.

We almost beheaded him, but Bada interrupted and slapped us with bans.

leonidas
reported. both of you. sneer

and zom, good 'ole zom. few people in forum history were as deserving of the ridicule they received as he was. legendary.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.