King Arthur (Legend of the Sword) vs 300 Spartans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
- Arthur has Excalibur, and is as he is at the end of the film, once he deals with his emotional baggage and fully masters the sword's power.

- Spartans start 30 feet away from him.

- Everyone is out to kill.

Can Leonidas and his 300 Spartans prevail, or will Arthur's OP magical hax be too much?

KingD19
Delios is the last survivor, and once again he gets sent home to tell a tale.

TheVaultDweller
I've been trying to figure out who would actually be a good singular opponent for him, because they made him kind of ridiculous in the film.

HulkIsHulk
How ridiculous are we talking about?

TheVaultDweller
Well, even at base, Arthur is a highly skilled fighter, both in H2H and with a sword. And while channeling the power of Excalibur, he is extremely fast (his scenes against groups of enemies reminded me of bloodlusted Wonder Woman versus the group of German soldiers at the end of her film), and he was able to dodge and cut arrows out of the air. His sword also easily sliced through any non-magical weapon. And his connection to the sword seemed to enhance his strength in general, as attacks with his other limbs also seemed amped. Hell, he didn't even need to land direct hits to take people out. He could do AoE type attacks, where even just the shockwaves from his blows were destroying shields of enemies like 10 feet away, and sending them flying, and destroying stone pillars and such. At one point, he obliterates an entire wooden rampart, and sends all the soldiers flying, with a single sword slash... from like 40 feet away. He also seemed pretty durable, as he was able to take attacks like magical fireballs, and getting ragdolled by an opponent with super strength, without getting hurt.

He had two scenes where he completely wrecks entire groups of enemy soldiers in moments, and only one opponent managed to give him a decent fight. And that was a giant, demonically-amped, flaming magic knight. And only until Arthur managed to overcome his mental block. Once he did, Arthur stomped even that guy.

HulkIsHulk
I'd assume that Ares from Wrath of The Titans might give him a fight

KingD19
Not even. Ares would be too slow to even hit him. And would get shredded by Excalibur.

The only people who are good fights are too good. Like legit superheroes on crazy levels.

HulkIsHulk
That's why I said might.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Not even. Ares would be too slow to even hit him. And would get shredded by Excalibur.

The only people who are good fights are too good. Like legit superheroes on crazy levels.

This is pretty much it. He's on this weird tier where he is solidly above low-tier superhumans, but he isn't quite powerful enough to deal with the really heavy hitters.

@ HulkIsHulk, also, when I mean groups, I don't mean like 10-15 guys. I mean more like 40-50 guys.

HulkIsHulk
So what about those like Spider Man or Yulaw? Haven't watched the movie yet.

KingD19
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--05kjVGSu--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/galwuvzdjpylmo4gg80p.gif
This is the only gif I could find, and it showcases him using at most a fraction of his true power.

TheVaultDweller
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--05kjVGSu--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/galwuvzdjpylmo4gg80p.gif
This is the only gif I could find, and it showcases him using at most a fraction of his true power.

Yeah, that was him basically getting warmed up compared to what he does directly after what is shown in that gif.

KingD19
Directly after that he drops 40+ guys in what, 5-8 seconds? Some of them over that same distance away?

TheVaultDweller
Directly after that he drops 40+ guys in what, 5-8 seconds? Some of them over that same distance away?

It's kind of hard to gauge exactly how much time passed, because it was shifting between slowmo and real-time throughout. But it was not very long either way. And that is the same fight where he destroyed an entire rampart simply by swinging his sword in its direction.

HulkIsHulk
Woah. I was thinking of suggesting Drac from Dracula untold but looks like he gets destroyed too.

KingD19
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's kind of hard to gauge exactly how much time passed, because it was shifting between slowmo and real-time throughout. But it was not very long either way. And that is the same fight where he destroyed an entire rampart simply by swinging his sword in its direction.

Yeah they go between his "Excalibur Perspective" and the real time of the soldiers. If anything, he's moving at mid-range speedster levels for people to be frozen like that.

And iirc they made it pretty obvious the wielder of Excalibur was comfortable taking on entire armies.

TheVaultDweller
Well, even in that brief gif, you can kind of get an idea of his speed. For example, the second guy has barely had time to fall backwards before he gets hit a second time. Also, look how slowly the first guy, on the ground, is moving relative to his charge at the third guy. He basically takes out the last two guys in the same time it took the first guy to land and skid a few feet.

On impact from his hits, they fly back with similar speed to his own movement, but then they start to decelerate and slow down relative to him, somewhat similar to what we see when Quicksilver beats up Apocalypse (though obviously not to the same degree).

TheVaultDweller
Here we go. It took a bit of digging, but this gives a better idea of how much damage Arthur can do when he cuts loose:

http://imgur.com/a/wbPl9

HulkIsHulk
Spawn might be able to do it. Maybe

John Murdoch
Wow. Had no idea that's the angle Guy Ritchie was taking with Hunnam-Arthur. A lot more of the magical, mystical super-stuff?

KingD19
Magical animals.

Magical beings. (Lady in the Lake, A Witch, some water demons, etc...)

Sword 'N' Sorcery at it's core.

John Murdoch
^True. That is in the legend. The LEGEND OF THE SWORD.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Spawn might be able to do it. Maybe

Thinking about it, Immortals Ares should have a decent shot. He should be fast and strong enough, providing he can avoid Excalibur, and Arthur doesn't pull any AoE attacks off the bat.

HulkIsHulk
Thinking about it, Immortals Ares should have a decent shot. He should be fast and strong enough, providing he can avoid Excalibur, and Arthur doesn't pull any AoE attacks off the bat.
If we are going to use an Immortals character, Zeus is the best bet. He's the strongest, killing those Titans with bare hands while other gods, who are pretty strong themselves, used weapons, never got tagged while most of the other gods did, and had some mystical abilities.

HulkIsHulk
Hey what about Smaug?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Hey what about Smaug?

Smaug stands a good chance. He has the aerial advantage. Plus, while Arthur showed the ability to block fireballs with his sword, he never had to deal with a stream of fire as large as Smaug can produce. That being said, Smaug will have to be careful to not take hits. Excalibur is magical in nature, so Smaug might very well be susceptible to being hurt by the sword or the energy from its attacks.

John Murdoch
Smaug stands a good chance. He has the aerial advantage. Plus, while Arthur showed the ability to block fireballs with his sword, he never had to deal with a stream of fire as large as Smaug can produce. That being said, Smaug will have to be careful to not take hits. Excalibur is magical in nature, so Smaug might very well be susceptible to being hurt by the sword or the energy from its attacks.

Smaug's fire also has special properties: it gives off no heat unless you are directly hit by the flames, as evidenced in Desolation of Smaug when none of the hobbits die when hiding from his fire breath only feet away from them. #MoviePhysics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.