What social entity is inherently more evil: Corporations or Governments?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
If power corrupts then in which form and the vessel that it embodies more inherently destructive? Is it government or big business? What historically has caused more death, destruction, stolen more resources, or have caused more destruction to the environment in your opinion? Is it possible for human beings to evolve past the end for he state, likewise, is it possible that we evolve past the need for capitalism? What are your thoughts?

Emperordmb
Classic fourth option Carthage. Your mannerisms have grown on me over time.

In all seriousness though it depends. A government with some level of democracy has a less corruptible motivation behind its actions (public interest and generally a constitution to keep its actions in check) when compared with an entirely profit driven corporation, however a government has a level of power a business can't really compete with so a government has more potential to **** shit up if it were so inclined.

So really it's a case by case basis.

Bashar Teg
i voted corporations; not because of the severity of their common evils, but for their consistency.

Beniboybling
i voted for bane dies, to bring grief to dmb.

Henry_Pym
They aren't really very different because they are made of the same stuff. The biggest difference is the justifications they make when making a mistake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.