The Last Jedi Shocking Moment!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
We've heard that there is to be a shocking moment in the Last Jedi to surpass the "I'm your father" moment in Empire Strikes Back. What do you think it would be? I tried the Skywalker lineage and nothing's coming to mind that could top it?

Bashar Teg
rey kills luke

queeq
"I'm your daughter."?

samhain
R2-D2 is BB-8's father.

atv2
Originally posted by samhain
R2-D2 is BB-8's father.

LOL!! Wouldn't that be something. Now we just need to know who BB8's mother is!

Zenwolf
To be honest, I really don't think they can come close to one of the biggest moments in cinematic history, much less surpass it. They kind of ruined it by saying there is such a moment to begin with. That's already -1 point against em because now people are expecting it, compared to ESB, where it was kept to such a secret that no one on the staff really knew about it.

That and with the Internet around, such a moment won't be as shocking because it'll be spoiled at some point or another before everyone gets a chance to see it.

So I really doubt TLJ is gonna match ESB's big reveal, nevermind surpass it. That right there is just stupidly arrogant.

atv2
Originally posted by Zenwolf
To be honest, I really don't think they can come close to one of the biggest moments in cinematic history, much less surpass it. They kind of ruined it by saying there is such a moment to begin with. That's already -1 point against em because now people are expecting it, compared to ESB, where it was kept to such a secret that no one on the staff really knew about it.

That and with the Internet around, such a moment won't be as shocking because it'll be spoiled at some point or another before everyone gets a chance to see it.

So I really doubt TLJ is gonna match ESB's big reveal, nevermind surpass it. That right there is just stupidly arrogant.

I have to agree because the way they presented Vader in New Hope was really powerful, he was terrifying in the suit , as a kid I can remember catching fear at first sight I thought I would catch nightmares seeing him but then he surprised me with the lightsaber in his duel with Obiwan on the Deathstar which gave me the question whether he was once a jedi. After that came the duel with Luke Skywalker and when he revealed to Luke that he was his father It was shocking because we see Vader as this terrifying machine and hard to believe that he had a family. I was hoping to find this in Kylo Ren since he wants to be like his grandfather but he was night intimidating at all. A lot of stuff was already revealed out in the open, like him being Han Solo's son and the fact that we tried to hold him up to the expectations of the New Jedi Saga of being like Jacen/Darth Caedus more than Vader. He did a lot of wrong that it's hard to match him up with Vader, so we'll have to The Last Jedi if he'll redeem himself in that manner.

queeq
Originally posted by Zenwolf

Indeed. It reminds me of Rick McCallum saying the PT was so great, in every frame there was so much going on.... Praising yourself before it comes out is usually not so smart. They did with R1.

Zenwolf
I think Luke dies. Just think about where it's going for the moment. The Last Jedi, Luke saying that the Jedi need to turn into something else, so on and so forth. This whole passing the torch thing that seems to be ongoing with the theme of this new trilogy and really? It's kind of the only thing that would be shocking.

Or Snoke is related to Rey in some form. Though I wouldn't find it as shocking as the former.

queeq
I hope Luke lasts until EpIX.

Bashar Teg
rey is shmi's clone. luke is training his grandma.

queeq
The plot thickens...

Lord Lucien
The big surprise is going to be when we find out that Star Wars is all in the head of Tommy Westphall.

UCanShootMyNova
I agree with Zen. Luke dying is the big surprise and it doesn't even come close to the Vader reveal.

Rebel95

queeq
Rey is Finn's twin sister.... that would be a shocking revelation of the past.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by queeq
Rey is Finn's twin sister.... that would be a shocking revelation of the past.

Finn would be like "Ah f***"

Bentley
The Force is revealed to be evil all along and that it only destroyed Palpatine because it was a competitor. Now it will engulf the Galaxy.

queeq
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Finn would be like "Ah f***"

Especially after he kissed her first. Or something else.

The Ellimist
What was it? Snoke's death?

Lord Lucien
I don't remember being shocked at anything.

Sith Master X
Originally posted by The Ellimist
What was it? Snoke's death?

I would imagine it's when we learn that Luke never left the island.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I would imagine it's when we learn that Luke never left the island.

Ah, that could be it. I mean the big three twists here were Snoke, Rey's parents and Luke's projection, I don't think any of them match "I am your father" but eh.

cornponious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.