Acid Attack on Muslim Cousins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Thor
https://www.channel4.com/news/acid-attack-on-two-people-in-east-london-was-it-a-hate-crime

"I genuinely think it's something to do, it's definitely a hate crime... I believe it's something to do with Islamaphobia... maybe....

I don't know if people are trying to retaliate, but I mean we're innocent people, we didn't deserve that.

I've never seen this guy in my life..

I don't have any problems with anybody..

I mean why would anyone do that to us?

I honestly feel that if it was a White person that got attacked by an Asian person, he'd be caught within 24 hours, it'd be all over the news, there'd be a national manhunt

I mean, me and my cousin, I mean, I haven't done anything to nobody, nor has my cousin.

We're not terrorist..

The guy tried to kill us, I'm lucky I'm alive."

Very sad story.

Obviously an anti-muslim hate crime.

Surtur
I agree it is a sad story, it was awful what happened and the perpetrators should be jailed for life if caught.

However, the only thing suggesting this is a hate crime is the victim. Except he said he didn't know the person who did this, and the guy apparently didn't say anything to him(no slurs or anything about Muslims), and he was in a car so it's not like he was in a place where it would make it very obvious what religion the guy belongs to. Unless the girl he was with was wearing a hijab or something?

You can't completely rule out that this had to do with them being Muslims(though I still do not know how the attacker would know they were Muslims), but if you watch the video the guy says that acid attacks are increasing in the UK. Not acid attacks on any specific group of people, just acid attacks in general have increased. This seems like just some of the latest acid attacks. I don't know if religion actually played a role.

It is a horrifying event either way.

Beniboybling
Fyi: it's now being treated as a hate crime. Pretty horrific.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/30/acid-attack-victim-says-he-and-cousin-targeted-because-they-are-muslim-beckton-london

vansonbee
Poor girl, she would of been a gorgeous model.
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Fyi: it's now being treated as a hate crime. Pretty horrific.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/30/acid-attack-victim-says-he-and-cousin-targeted-because-they-are-muslim-beckton-london Man, these acid attacks are brutal traditional Muslim custom in UK. Now, a white dude took a page from their book and acted it out. Is this consider cultural appropriation? confused

jaden101
There was another one today. A Chinese family targeted. Including their 2 year old son.

vansonbee
Originally posted by jaden101
There was another one today. A Chinese family targeted. Including their 2 year old son. By the same suspect?

Surtur
There was another one today. A Chinese family targeted. Including their 2 year old son.

Was it a hate crime?

jaden101
Turns out it happened in April. Only saw the story yesterday.

Surtur
Okay so was that a hate crime?

jaden101
http://www.lbc.co.uk/news/london/london-has-three-acid-attacks-every-week/

Bashar Teg
looks like it's time for "oh yeah? what about..."

jaden101
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
looks like it's time for "oh yeah? what about..."

?

Bashar Teg
common cross-topic surtur schtick. the answer was supposed to he "the police say it was not a hate crime"

Surtur
?

He got triggered across multiple topics. Best to ignore it.

Bashar Teg
do you only have something to say when your little bag of narratives is validated?
and do you think that changing the topic to "whaaa bashar is picking on me" makes you any less pathetic than if you had just stuck with plan-A (cowering off)?

Surtur
do you only have something to say when your little bag of narratives is validated?
and do you think that changing the topic to "whaaa bashar is picking on me" makes you any less pathetic than if you had just stuck with plan-A (cowering off)?

Lol, do you think trying to boil it down to "whaaa Bash is picking on me" actually negates your pettiness and your hypocrisy? You can pick on anyone you want champ, nobody cares.

Furthermore if you feel you shattered any narratives here....you haven't.

Still, if you're feeling insecure we can get someone to come in and quote your post and respond with a "bingo" or something lol.

Darth Thor
Man charged:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40564772

avasmith6307
I hate this. ........................

No comment

Please respect and love every one.

Surtur
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Man charged:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40564772

"John Tomlin, 25, appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court earlier charged with two counts of grievous bodily harm with intent."

No hate crime charges?

Darth Thor
Well that has the be proven for court.

But it's not surprising the attacker is White.

Nor is it surprising that he's not thrown acid on random white men or women.

Surtur
Originally posted by Darth Thor
But it's not surprising the attacker is White.

It doesn't surprise me either, but I'm guessing not for the same reasons as you. For me it doesn't surprise me the attacker is white because I would figure that a far larger percentage of the population of London is white compared to other races.

Interesting, and yet:

London Has Three Acid Attacks EVERY WEEK

This article says there have been 83 attacks so far this year, but there is no mention that any specific group of people have been on the receiving end of these attacks more than others.

jaden101
Originally posted by Surtur
It doesn't surprise me either, but I'm guessing not for the same reasons as you. For me it doesn't surprise me the attacker is white because I would figure that a far larger percentage of the population of London is white compared to other races.

Interesting, and yet:

London Has Three Acid Attacks EVERY WEEK

This article says there have been 83 attacks so far this year, but there is no mention that any specific group of people have been on the receiving end of these attacks more than others.

Yeah I posted that article on the last page. Far too easy to get a hold of strong acids online. No tough sentences for carrying it unlike knives. Obviously much easier to get a hold of than guns here.

Surtur
Yeah I posted that article on the last page. Far too easy to get a hold of strong acids online. No tough sentences for carrying it unlike knives. Obviously much easier to get a hold of than guns here.

But I mean, the implication from others sure seemed to be this was a Muslim thing, like Muslims are getting targeted more than others.

I'd be curious to know the race and religion of all 83 victims. That would either lend weight to the narrative or finally stamp it out.

jaden101
But I mean, the implication from others sure seemed to be this was a Muslim thing, like Muslims are getting targeted more than others.

I'd be curious to know the race and religion of all 83 victims. That would either lend weight to the narrative or finally stamp it out.

Why? The motivations of one attack don't have any bearing on another.

Surtur
Why? The motivations of one attack don't have any bearing on another.

If the implication is that it's Muslims who are suffering more from acid attacks? Actual evidence would be nice, and if a majority of the 83 were Muslim it would lend to that narrative.

Bashar Teg
who is pushing this narrative, again? so far the only narrative i see in this topic is the one you're forcing.

Surtur
who is pushing this narrative, again? so far the only narrative i see in this topic is the one you're forcing.

I guess I took the nonsense spewed by Thor the wrong way, that is my bad bro, apologies. Good to know nobody would push that.

Bashar Teg
i can't seem to locate this quote where DT was trying to dismiss suffering caused by acid attacks on non-muslims. i do see that you're trying to dismiss suffering caused on muslims. but you know, special rules.

Surtur
i can't seem to locate this quote where DT was trying to dismiss suffering caused by acid attacks on non-muslims. i do see that you're trying to dismiss suffering caused on muslims. but you know, special rules.

Who said he tried to dismiss suffering? But when you see shit like "not surprising the attacker is white" made me think he thought there was some increase in hate crimes or some shit.

I should have known it was just DT with his normal bullshit, so my bad.

Bashar Teg
"not surprising" ≠ "as per the usual"

he could be unsurprised by both occurances: muslim attacks muslim and white person attacks muslim. logic is neat, aint it?

Surtur

he could be unsurprised by both occurances: muslim attacks muslim and white person attacks muslim. logic is neat, aint it?

Yeah, but given the dumb shit he has said in other topics? I think my interpretation is correct.

Bashar Teg
Yeah, but given the dumb shit he has said in other topics? I think my interpretation is correct.

so you have nothing to add but your typical "just trust me" character assassination attempts. how expected.

Surtur
so you have nothing to add but your typical "just trust me" character assassination attempts. how expected.

You don't have to trust me at all. You just need to realize you didn't actually show one way or the other what was truly meant. Giving the shit this person has said before I'm comfortable in interpreting it the way I did.

Now if you do not like that, oh well?

Bashar Teg
You don't have to trust me at all. You just need to realize you didn't actually show one way or the other what was truly meant. Giving the shit this person has said before I'm comfortable in interpreting it the way I did.

Now if you do not like that, oh well?

DT hurt your feefees in other threads. noted. back to topic now?

Surtur
DT hurt your feefees in other threads. noted. back to topic now?

Feelings do not need to be hurt in order to be able to recognize behavior. Is it that hard to grasp?

EDIT: I'd forgotten this is your tactic lol. Point out shitty behavior by others, it's hurt feelings. You guys aren't hurt when you point out behavior though, obviously smile

Surtur
We can solve this by asking Darth Thor, no doubt he would tell us the truth. Pal, whatever did you mean when you said you weren't surprised the guy was white? Why doesn't that surprise you? Was it for the same reasons I was not surprised? That the percentage of the population of London that is white is probably far higher than other races?

Bashar Teg
"jump through my endless off-topic hoops or i win"
https://www.66batmania.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/riddlepic.gif

Surtur
I have nothing else to say so here is a meme

Okay.

Bashar Teg
okay let's get back to your useless alt-topic: why DT is a poopy face stupid head. thumb up

Surtur
okay let's get back to the topic: why DT is a poopy face stupid head.

Are you sure you didn't wanna post another meme? Perhaps the opinion of someone from Breitbart?

EDIT: If not, we can get back to the true point of the topic. I believe it was "these Muslims were attacked, this should negate the other threads here about Muslims committing attacks". Did you have more to add to that topic?

Bashar Teg
I have nothing relevant to say, so here is more of me whining

thumb up

Surtur
Indeed, I'll just meme it next time, that will be less sad and desperate somehow.

Bashar Teg
K

jaden101
If the implication is that it's Muslims who are suffering more from acid attacks? Actual evidence would be nice, and if a majority of the 83 were Muslim it would lend to that narrative.

I never took that from the OP but I had watched the interview with the male victim prior to reading the post which gave it more context.

Surtur
I never took that from the OP but I had watched the interview with the male victim prior to reading the post which gave it more context.

Indeed, and I could also be wrong on my interpretations of why the OP wasn't surprised it was a white guy who did the attacking, I admit that.

Bashar Teg
Indeed, and I could also be wrong on my interpretations of why the OP wasn't surprised it was a white guy who did the attacking, I admit that.

did you have a nap since you got triggered by this, you big baby?

Surtur
Seeing how massively you got triggered by your Breitbart thing earlier...it's just kinda weird you wanna have discussions about being triggered.

We still can if you want. Do you? Say the word, we can move on from acid attacks to triggerings.

Bashar Teg
Seeing how massively you got triggered by your Breitbart thing earlier...it's just kinda weird you wanna have discussions about being triggered.

We still can if you want. Do you?

angry because your special pedo-pal got banned?

#buttsurt

Surtur
angry because your special pedo-pal got banned?

#buttsurt

I take it that is a no, you don't want to? That's cool, I didn't think you would.

Bashar Teg
mkay, so you just spent pages throwing a fit over your own misinterpretation after i pointed it out, but it was apparently my fault.

#mollycoddled

Surtur
mkay, so you just spent pages throwing a fit over your own misinterpretation after i pointed it out, but it was apparently my fault.

#mollycoddled

Lol see this is the problem with you. You pointed out a possible interpretation. You did not actually do anything to show yours was the correct interpretation.

Even I said my interpretation could be wrong, but you can't even seem to entertain the idea that *you* are wrong.

Bashar Teg
oh look you can type stuff until other people give up trying to reason with you. good for you. thumb up

Bashar Teg
"lul u mad i troll u. i are topic winnar"

Surtur
"lul u mad i troll u. i are topic winnar"

At this point it doesn't even need to be said. Look at how you quoted something you just said less than 10 minutes ago in order to have an excuse to post this comment lol.

I think you felt if you got ahead of any comments about your rage it would make it somehow less true. Yikes, that is some strong delusion you have.

Bashar Teg
the UK needs legislate restrictions on purchases of acid.
unlike with automatic weapons in america, i dont think there would be many cries of "muh freedums".

Surtur
I agree they do need to do that. Also a mandatory minimum sentence should be enacted for this crime, if one exists the sentence should be increased.

Bashar Teg
if/when said restrictions are placed, and when the next inevitable acid attack occurs, i also doubt that people will try to exploit that as justification for dropping those restrictions (like we muricans love doing).

Surtur
if/when said restrictions are placed, and when the next inevitable acid attack occurs, i also doubt that people will try to exploit that as justification for dropping those restrictions (like we muricans love doing).

I get it man, people in America love guns.

Silent Master
I think he means semi-automatic weapons.

Bashar Teg
that's the more popular argument but i've seen it applied to browning machine guns by some nutters.

Silent Master
Do you have a link, because I've seen plenty of people mistakenly refer to semi-automatic weapons as automatics. I've even seen some dumbasses say things like "fully semi-automatic".

SquallX
that's the more popular argument but i've seen it applied to browning machine guns by some nutters.

Have ever hold a gun in your life?

Also, don't you think your being a moron by calling anyone that likes guns as nutters?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by SquallX
Have ever hold a gun in your life?

yes. several pistols and i did some skeet shooting with a 12 gauge as a young lad

Originally posted by SquallX
Also, don't you think your being a moron by calling anyone that likes guns as nutters?

quote where i said that anyone who likes guns are nutters.

Bashar Teg
did you intend to prove my anecdotal evidence about nutters defending restriction-free ownership of browning machine guns? or did you just misread my post?

Silent Master
I just wanted a link so that I could see what these "nutters" were actually saying.

Bashar Teg
sure i'll start by rummaging through my "internet arguments with crazy people 1995-2005" database. brb

Silent Master
If it's something that you haven't seen in over 12 years, Nevermind. I thought you were saying this was something that was currently being said.

Badabing
Don't be surprised when I come in the GDF and temp ban several people for their continued nonsense. At this point it won't matter who started what in which thread. Everybody involved will be gone until August.

jaden101
There was another 5 attacks last night within 90 minutes. Apart motive was robbery.

jaden101
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/14/teenager-arrested-five-acid-attacks-london-90-minute-period/

Surtur
Yeah I saw, 16 yr. old kid was arrested.

EDIT: I guess two were.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.