Can other oppressed minorities use the N word/racial terms?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Legitimately curious as a non-Caucasoid myself seeing as its a term of endearment for Blacks to other blacks. If a Mexican, Hindu, or any non negro person uses it- are we oppressing them or practicing some undue form of cultural appropriation? As ancestors of said marginalized communities were oppressed on a much greater scale than enslavement, does it give people of non-White or non black ancestry the OK to use theword?

Thoughts?

SquallX
As a Black man from the islands that knows and respect his culture, hates that word. Not because of the so called power it has over me, but because am simply too proud to affliate myself with such a useless word. So I don't care who uses it.

No one race has the power to tell you what words to use, and if anyone tell you otherwise, just tell them to go **** themsleves. Unless they approaches you with the proper respect.

Any Black man that tells you they've taken the N word back, are full of shit. Ice Cube, Jay Z for instance. If you pay attention, it's always the uneducated that says that.

One last, every damn race since the beginning of time have been slaves, Blacks need to shut the **** up and move on. If X and King had lived to see what Blacks have turned too in this day and age, they would have committed suicide. For the Black race, is the only race that haven't progress in the last 40 yrs.

Also, before some white knight comes on here and say you can't say that need to know one thing from me. Who appointed you to speak on anyone's behalf, and **** you!

Talon Fang
I would assume the answer would be yes. I have seen it done, it just seems you have to spell it in a more "Colorful' way and that seems acceptable on this forum.

I have seen the "F' word as used in the negative for the homosexual insult used that way here so that should make it ok for the"N" word.

riv6672
Originally posted by carthage

Its okay until someone gets a bug up their ass and decides its not, most likely someone who was okay with it until that point, probably because you pissed them off somehow.
Best not to give anyone that type of leverage in a disagreement.

Not even going to get into your use of the term 'oppressed minority', as anyone in the US is free to be whatever they choose to make of themselves.

Robtard
Originally posted by SquallX
Any Black man that tells you they've taken the N word back, are full of shit. Ice Cube, Jay Z for instance. If you pay attention, it's always the uneducated that says that.

Ice Cube has a degree smile

Jay Z with no formal education has enough business-sense to amass a fortune of over 800million smile

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by carthage

Sure you can do whatever you want.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Robtard
Ice Cube has a degree smile

Jay Z with no formal education has enough business-sense to amass a fortune of over 800million smile But they be black so...

Emperordmb
https://medusamagazine.com/beyond-pro-choice-the-solution-to-white-supremacy-is-white-abortion

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
https://medusamagazine.com/beyond-pro-choice-the-solution-to-white-supremacy-is-white-abortion

Lol, another batshit crazy feminist. Too funny.

This chick was dipped into a vat of crazy the very moment she was born.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I wonder if half of these people even believe the insane drivel they vomit forth onto the Internet or are they merely doing it for clicks, shares and ultimately ad revenue.

Beniboybling
I wonder if moreover it wasn't DMB who wrote it himself. no

dadudemon
The idea that any word is off-limits is stupid.

N*gger, c*nt, bla bla bla.

It's stupid to empower words so much.

Obviously, if you don't want to get fired, watch your mouth at work. And if you like your friends and they don't like those words, watch your mouth. But other than that, why oh why do people empower words so much? Stop being so sensitive.

Kjam
If you're black and disapprove of the word N*gga because you believe the "legacy of slavery" is so toxic that it must be erased from public consciousness, it would behoove you to remember that the most prominent legacy of slavery is the very presence of millions of African-descended people (that would be you) in america to begin with. Therefore, all African-Americans who truly want to erase the legacy of slavery should immediately self-deport to Sub-Saharan Africa. Any takers? No? Didn't think so.

Surtur
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I wonder if moreover it wasn't DMB who wrote it himself. no

Lol yeah, you go ahead and keep telling yourself that champ thumb up

Beniboybling
Woopsie, I triggered little Surt squirt. baby

cdtm
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I wonder if half of these people even believe the insane drivel they vomit forth onto the Internet or are they merely doing it for clicks, shares and ultimately ad revenue.

They'll say anything to get clicks.

cdtm
Originally posted by Surtur
Lol, another batshit crazy feminist. Too funny.

This chick was dipped into a vat of crazy the very moment she was born.

Looks like that magazine might be a hoax:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2017/06/24/medusa-magazine-website-is-probably-a-hoax/

meep-meep
Originally posted by dadudemon

Obviously, if you don't want to get fired, watch your mouth at work. And if you like your friends and they don't like those words, watch your mouth. But other than that, why oh why do people empower words so much? Stop being so sensitive.

This. Thin skin, butt hurt, aka bleeding jayjay, transcends race, religion and political affiliation.

dadudemon
Originally posted by meep-meep
This. Thin skin, butt hurt, aka bleeding jayjay, transcends race, religion and political affiliation.

Indeed. It comes from all groups.

riv6672
^^^But mostly white ppl.

meep-meep
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^But mostly white ppl.

In the U.S.? I agree there are more whites here by a wide margin. Percentage Wise? I don't know. Every time I hear someone use n....a in random situations, the topic discussed is nothing I learn from. Some people just gotta get it in for the day, I suppose. C..t is equally dumb. Let people say dumb shit. Ignoring their buffoonary is fun.

Surtur
I don't like the idea that any race or culture thinks they own a word(or that they own a certain style of dress). Take the N word. Okay, if someone uses it as a slur against a black guy I can understand being upset.

Thing is, I've seen some blacks in the past get upset that a white person said the N word while singing along to a song(the word is used a whole lot in rap). If you're getting pissed off over someone singing lyrics to a song there is a big problem.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by dadudemon

Words are not bad or good in and of themselves. What matters is the intensions behind them when they are used.

So a white person just saying the word "n!gger" is not bad. A white person calling someone a "n!gger" is a very different situation.

I think Bill Maher got in trouble a few weeks ago for dropping the N word and if I remember correctly it was just for the sake of humor. It wasn't some hateful statement against blacks in general and any specific black person. So I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.