Sicario 2: Soldado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt5052474/

Benicio Del Toro returns as Lawyer turned assassin for the Medellin Cartel in the Sicario spinoff. Josh Brolin reprises his roll as CIA operative Matt Graver. Emily Blunt does not return

Only reservation about this is that Denis Villeneuve doesn't direct although I've seen a fair bit of Gomorrah and Romanzo Criminale and have high hopes.

marwash22
bummer we're not getting that same team from 'Sicario', but yeah, I'm jazzed about this.

marwash22
i hope Deakins returns. 'Sicario' was beautifully shot.

carthage
Haven't heard much news about this movie, any news about a release date?

jaden101
It's the same screen writer Taylor Sheridan who I had no idea until reading up on Soldado was the guy who played Sheriff Hale in Sons of Anarchy

BruceSkywalker
I liked Sicario a lot.. this I am hopeful

riv6672
Never watched the source material. Didnt seem interesting.

marwash22
'Sicario' is a phenomenal movie.

riv6672
So i've heard.
Just didnt seem interesting.

jaden101
Originally posted by riv6672
So i've heard.

Well....it is.

So there.

riv6672
Cool.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by riv6672
So i've heard.

Drug cartel movies aren't necessarily my cup of tea either, but the film is great. Villeneuve is a brilliant filmmaker.

So yeah, big bummer that he's not on board for this.

riv6672
Thats what it boils diwn to, not my cup.

TheOneFirestorm
POTC Dead Men Tell No Tales
9/10

It's obvious the crew didn't watch the potc movies because alterations to continuity, things that start including tribute to the Pirate Captain with money which was never implied, foreshadowed, or outright said as happening in all the other potc movies.
Also a logical flaw it's common knowledge in the potc universe that witches don't have ordinary physical appearances. The British Government has a witch that works for them, but they still decide to sentence Carina to death for the crime of witchcraft because of knowledge of astrology and horology.
She has a ordinary human appearance so it's unmistakable she isn't a witch.

I know this movie can't be objectively called a great movie because of these obvious flaws but I still say it's a great movie.

The reasons why exactly the 2 new characters a man and a woman neither are contrived as main characters because both have plausible motives for wanting to find Poseidon's Trident to solve problems which is curses which can be removed using the Trident. Captain Sparrow, Captain Salazar and his crew also want the Trident for plausible reasons.

The 2 new characters are unique and likable with chemistry so pretty obvious what will happen, it is implied or clues who they arerelated to before outright saying which is great because it's not insulting the audience.
It's mostly a race to get The trident along with Captain Salazar and his crew wanting to find Captain Sparrow and kill him. It has a exciting amazing climax. Similar to Davy Jones a loophole for how Captain Sparrow can avoid the ghosts.

A show don't tell for why Captain Salazar and his crew are ghosts with damaged bodies some more than others, along with Salazar wants revenge by killing Captain Sparrow. Captain Salazar and his crew are a spectacle, along with the damaged ghost sharks, the damaged ghost ship. Great music as usual.

It is a great fantasy horror action adventure movie. If this is the final potc sequel hard to be unhappy because no loose ends because a terrific ending which shows what will occupy Will's life, plus other characters.
I don't want a potc sequel to be made after dead mentell no tales because no logical reason with no loose ends, and the primary purpose of a final sequel is to have no loose ends.

Wonder Woman
9/10

Finally a feature female super hero feature movie which isn't terrible or bad because this is a great fantasy war action movie. It is faithful to the source material including how Diana was created.
A brilliant comic book style of show don't tell for why Ares wants to destroy all humans Ge seems very similar to Lucifer of the tv show Supernatural including his goal, the awful belief that humans are violt, unjust, cruel, etc along with believing he's not a bad guy, and that Wonder Woman is misunderstanding his actions and him.

The same as Batman Begins we see Diana as a kid plus growing up including the hard physical training to become a Amazon Warrior, and her motive of why she wants to fight in the war to end all wars.
Also dreadful things are shown during the war which shows why persons say War is Hell.

Wonder Woman has character development as she is naive which is unsurprising because she has lived most of her life on a Island wit her simple belief about humans and morality that has never been tested at all until she leaves the Island.

She is learns from the spy Steve Trevor that has seen the darkside of humans which is why her view of humans and the world changes. She finds out that humans are not simple good or evil, humans can be destructive or harmful even if Ares no longer controls humans, and that the world mainly morality not everything is simple black and white.

Her belief of humans is that they have both dark and light. Since she does have character development she can't be criticized as a mary sue character.

Similar to Doctor Strange and mcu movies it is a serious movie but still has funny lines and scenes. It has intentional homages to Superman the movie. Amazing effects including for the lasso of truth being used or as a weapon, terrific action scenes including Wonder Woman shown as a badass, great music that fitsthe scenes, a amazing twist that is not foreseeable or obvious which is during the climax, and a amazing climax with Wonder Woman fighting Ares in his typical armor Gladiator style suit still trying to convince her to destroy all humans, plus Steve having to get rid of the destructive biochemical weapon.

Similar to Superman the movie Wonder Woman is a hero for both men and women. Also since Steve amd his crew are shown as useful including defeating foes it avoids the awful trope of men are useless.

Plus for the crew unique characters including a guy that wanted to be a actor as his occupation which proves useful in a situation since having to fool guards.

Patient_Leech
^ Fail

Wrong thread, I presume.

Surtur
I always assumed lawyers made the best assassins.

John Murdoch
Psyched to see this. Sicario is one of my fave movies ever.

EDIT: I should mention - like everyone else - that I'm disappointed that Villanueve won't be returning, but I'm hopeful this is a great sequel nonetheless.

Ascendancy
The WhatCulture or some such tidbit explaining how Villanueve paced and setup everything was a great watch. Definitely remember feeling that tension build in the theater until the crescendo.

Looking forward to this.

Quincy
I'm a bit wary of this.

I liked Del Toro's character in the film but I'm worried about him being the focal point of the story. He was a real standout for obvious reasons and part of that was due to his being enigmatic and mysterious. Hard to keep that when a film is about you.

carthage
http://screenrant.com/sicario-sequel-soldado-tone-taylor-sheridan/

carthage
New trailer

https://screenrant.com/sicario-2-soldado-trailer/

Robtard
6/29/2018 release date, looking forward to this, Sicario was excellent

IMO, they should just called it "Soldado". (Yes, there is a movie already called 'Soldier' and that doesn't matter)

I can understand for marketing that "Sicario 2: Soldado" is a wiser move, so people get the connection and go watch it, but it sounds lame.

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard

IMO, they should just called it "Soldado". thumb up

nonetheless, I'm hyped for this. I didn't see 'Sicario' in theater, but I'll definitely see 'Soldado' when it's released.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by carthage
New trailer

XcSko8Z3aOo

Fixed.

Shit, looks awesome.

Robtard
It looks more like a straight-up action flick, which isn't a bad thing in of itself, but what made Sicario so good was the suspense or who was who, which side they were on etc. and that was had up until almost the end of the film; that likely won't be in play this time around as we know the players.

Also do not know a whole lot about Solima; but hopefully he can capture at least some of that great imaginary Villeneuve did with Sicario.

Mindset
Hell yea, I love violence.

Robtard
Then why do you cry when I spank you?

Patient_Leech
This looks better than the first. Hot damn.

jaden101
Originally posted by Robtard
It looks more like a straight-up action flick, which isn't a bad thing in of itself, but what made Sicario so good was the suspense or who was who, which side they were on etc. and that was had up until almost the end of the film; that likely won't be in play this time around as we know the players.

Also do not know a whole lot about Solima; but hopefully he can capture at least some of that great imaginary Villeneuve did with Sicario.

Romanzo Criminale and Gomorrah are both excellent. Get them all watched.

Dr Will Hatch
Sicario was my favorite movie of 2015, so I'm excited for this. The trailer makes it look like this film is going to focus more on the action and is cutting down on the cartel/CIA politics, which reminds me of how the Rambo movies became more cartoonish over time, but with Taylor Sheridan writing, I'm positive it will be great.

-Pr-
Nice to see Jeffrey Donovan still getting work. Really liked Sicario so looking forward to this.

Kazenji
Josh Brolin, Benicido Del Toro are back

Cu4Ea-7vv9A

jaden101
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=643755

Kazenji
Originally posted by jaden101
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=643755

Ugh....typical KMC bs with the search engine.

Blindside12
Cant wait for this, loved the first one.

jaden101
Originally posted by Kazenji
Ugh....typical KMC bs with the search engine.

It really is totally useless.

carthage
Ok sibyl another top 10 for me this year.! I loved the first one

DarthPlaguis12
Originally posted by Blindside12
Cant wait for this, loved the first one.

Same

BackFire
Don't have terribly high hopes for this since Villeneuve won't be directing, and that was such a big part of why the original was so good.

Oh yeah, and I merged the threads.

Kazenji
Um5vH28jcFk

DarthPlaguis12

carthage

DarthPlaguis12
The reviews are pretty decent

wakkawakkawakka
Not as good as the first but still a good time.The ending drops the ball for the movie though but Del Toro and Brolin nail their performances. The child actor was pretty good to.

DarthPlaguis12
Seems more action oriented then the first but still good, will be interested in a thirst installment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.