Lady Sif vs. Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Sif has her Asgardian sword and shield

Tchalla is in his suit

Who wins

Sable
Edge to Sif. Possibly stalemate.

FrothByte
Sif wins. Even if BP's suit can stop her asgardian sword, she's still strong enough to knock him unconscious.

h1a8
Originally posted by FrothByte
Sif wins. Even if BP's suit can stop her asgardian sword, she's still strong enough to knock him unconscious. What's her best strength feat?

nfactor1995
Sif 10/10

FrothByte
Originally posted by h1a8
What's her best strength feat?

Kicking a trailer a good distance away.

Silent Master
What's her best strength feat?

If you don't know anything about the characters, perhaps you shouldn't try and debate them.

BruceSkywalker
Sif takes care of business

h1a8
Kicking a trailer a good distance away. I saw that feat. That wasn't very impressive imo. But still can go either way.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
If you don't know anything about the characters, perhaps you shouldn't try and debate them. I didn't debate. I asked a question.

Silent Master
You've never let a lack of knowledge stop you before, why start now?

KingD19
Until we see Panther get ko'd wearing the full Vibranium suit(helmet protects his skull as much as his suit protects his body), I don't think someone in Spidey's lower end strength range can knock him out.

HulkIsHulk
SW took him out by throwing him into a container

HulkIsHulk
And for those saying its SW, remember, Black Widow

Inhuman
Kicking a trailer a good distance away.

Durability wise she took a shotgun blast point blank with with no damage.

h1a8
Originally posted by Inhuman
Durability wise she took a shotgun blast point blank with with no damage. Stop lying. She blocked it with her bracers. Plus shotgun blasts can't compare to BP's claws. Those things sliced a steel beam like it was nothing. A shotgun can do nothing to a steel beam.

FrothByte
Stop lying. She blocked it with her bracers. Plus shotgun blasts can't compare to BP's claws. Those things sliced a steel beam like it was nothing. A shotgun can do nothing to a steel beam.

You're confusing Sif with WW. Please watch the episode first if you want to weigh in on this debate.

Silent Master
You're confusing Sif with WW. Please watch the episode first if you want to weigh in on this debate.

You're asking too much of h1.

Inhuman
Stop lying. She blocked it with her bracers. Plus shotgun blasts can't compare to BP's claws. Those things sliced a steel beam like it was nothing. A shotgun can do nothing to a steel beam.

As others have stated watch the episode before you try to comment. Also do you know how shotguns work work?

Silent Master
As others have stated watch the episode before you try to comment. Also do you know how shotguns work work?

IMO, he doesn't know how anything works.

h1a8
As others have stated watch the episode before you try to comment. Also do you know how shotguns work work? Yeah I do. You were being misleading as if she took the full force of a shot. Much of the energy dissipated after it hit her armor or shield (I can't remember). If she experienced anything then it was less than getting shot directly.

Also in movies and shows, shotgun blocks don't ricochet unto the person. They are cleanly blocked.

If she was fully shotgun proof, by writer's intentions, then he wouldn't have written her to block the shot. He would have had her get hit cleanly to display her durability.

Silent Master
Thanks for providing proof of your hypocrisy.

h1a8
Thanks for providing proof of your hypocrisy.

I'm consistent. Where did I contradict myself. I'm still arguing writer's intentions.
He told a lie about her getting a full on blast and yet you don't troll him for it?

Inhuman
I'm consistent. Where did I contradict myself. I'm still arguing writer's intentions.
He told a lie about her getting a full on blast

laughing out loud at this whole comment.

Clearly the only one spouting false information/Lies is you.

Stop lying. She blocked it with her bracers.

This is a lie. This never happened. Dont comment if you have never watched the show in which the feat appeared in.

Yeah I do. You were being misleading as if she took the full force of a shot. Much of the energy dissipated after it hit her armor or shield (I can't remember). If she experienced anything then it was less than getting shot directly.

Also in movies and shows, shotgun blocks don't ricochet unto the person. They are cleanly blocked.

If she was fully shotgun proof, by writer's intentions, then he wouldn't have written her to block the shot. He would have had her get hit cleanly to display her durability.

Again this whole comment is full of lies and it clearly shows that you have no idea what your talking about and have not seen the episode where this feat happens.
Basically all your arguments are based of you never watching the movies or shows of the characters you are arguing for or against. And if you did see the feats in question, it was of a low quality 15 second youtube clip you probably quickly looked over.

KingD19
Sif got shot point blank in the hip with a shotgun. It barely even made her budge but i have always been under the assumption she isnt fully bulletproof. The pellets hit her hip armor, sparked and made a loud clank noise. So it seems like her armor took the hit.

And later she is using her shield to block bullets which she wouldnt do if she were completely bulletproof or comdortable getting shot at.

Inhuman
Her armor doesnt cover her whole body though. And shotgun blast are all over the place. They are not neatly concentrated to a very small area. Hence why I asked H1 if he even knows how Shotguns work.

Even low level Asgardians have been shown to be bullet and Knife proof before in the show.

KingD19
I do know how shotguns work, though. And the barrel was so close to her armor there was no room for spread. It was pointed directly at her hip from maybe a full foot away if that far. Either that, or he had a slug round in there because there wasn't even any evidence of her getting hit anywhere else. No bulletholes or tears in her pants, and no damage done to the floor. So the pellets/slug could have only hit the armor. There was a huge spark and CLANk for a reason.

And bulletproof doesn't mean 100% bulletproof. I don't see Fandral or Sif tanking minigun bullets like Thor. Fact is, she got shot with the shotgun before the pistols came out. The shotgun was a surprise, but when she knew about the pistols, she slowly advanced and blocked the bullets with her shield.

If she was 100% confident she wouldn't be hurt, she would've just walked right through.

This is all semantics though as Panther doesn't use guns. His claws will be able to shred her though, and the W3+Sif aren't much tougher than the Super Soldiers+Panther imo. If they are at all.

Robtard
Sif breaks his neck and looks absolutely beautiful while doing it

KingD19
What strength feats does she have that show she can snap his neck with his helmet and suit on?

TheVaultDweller
Well, Sif was still really new to Earth though. IIRC, she introduces herself to SHIELD for the first time, as that whole scene starts. Up until then, pretty sure her only experience on Earth was when she was looking for Thor. So, she probably was still very unfamiliar with Earth weapons during the scene in question.

And those 4 are definitely tougher than super soldiers. Just have to watch their fight with the Destroyer to see that. For example, Volstagg, Fandral and Hogun were inside a shop that the Destroyer blew into a giant fireball using its face beam, and none of them sustained serious injury (they didn't even take a scratch, actually). And even a pleb Asgardian can crumple up a combat knife without getting cut. Something a super soldier can't do.

Inhuman
Originally posted by KingD19
I do know how shotguns work, though. And the barrel was so close to her armor there was no room for spread. It was pointed directly at her hip from maybe a full foot away if that far. Either that, or he had a slug round in there because there wasn't even any evidence of her getting hit anywhere else. No bulletholes or tears in her pants, and no damage done to the floor. So the pellets/slug could have only hit the armor. There was a huge spark and CLANk for a reason.

And bulletproof doesn't mean 100% bulletproof. I don't see Fandral or Sif tanking minigun bullets like Thor. Fact is, she got shot with the shotgun before the pistols came out. The shotgun was a surprise, but when she knew about the pistols, she slowly advanced and blocked the bullets with her shield.

If she was 100% confident she wouldn't be hurt, she would've just walked right through.

This is all semantics though as Panther doesn't use guns. His claws will be able to shred her though, and the W3+Sif aren't much tougher than the Super Soldiers+Panther imo. If they are at all.

Non of my post have stated that Sif or BP would win. I was pointing out feats for Sif.

And like I said even low level Asgardians (i think one guy was a farmer or something) Bend a knife sharp edge first from piercing him. So from evidence of low level Asgardians, And Sif taking that shotgun blast point blank, that she in the least she is able to tank gun fire from small fire arms. (edit. I had forgot to mention the destroyer feats as well)

To assume that 100% of the shot gun pellets only hit the portions of her Armor is pretty dumb.

Robtard
What strength feats does she have that show she can snap his neck with his helmet and suit on?

She's an Asgardian, even the lowest of the low have high levels of super-strength, as noted a little midget of an Asgardian casually twisted a tactical knife in his hands and broke through jail-house bars like they were nothing.

BP's suit won't protect him from a neck snap, he easily removed the helmet with a simple twist and pull.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
Sif breaks his neck and looks absolutely beautiful while doing it

This

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor
This

/that

https://68.media.tumblr.com/187e35635ec84e71186c1b15608e2f84/tumblr_mlq8enGfYE1r3idmyo2_500.gif

Silent Master
He told a lie about her getting a full on blast and yet you don't troll him for it?

You just said that the writer would have shown it, if it was his intention. whereas before you've argued that what is shown doesn't matter if it contradicts what you claim are the writer's intentions.

So once again, Thanks for providing proof of your hypocrisy.

FrothByte

We use umbrellas to protect ourselves from rain even though we're waterproof

h1a8
Her armor doesnt cover her whole body though. And shotgun blast are all over the place. They are not neatly concentrated to a very small area. Hence why I asked H1 if he even knows how Shotguns work.

Even low level Asgardians have been shown to be bullet and Knife proof before in the show. The shot was blocked completely. Nowhere it was shown to hit her skin. And I seen a shotgun shoot slugs. There are different types of bullets.

Show these low level Asgardians being bulletproof and knife proof.

Silent Master
The shot was blocked completely. Nowhere it was shown to hit her skin. And I seen a shotgun shoot slugs. There are different types of bullets.

Show these low level Asgardians being bulletproof and knife proof.

People have already mentioned the scene where being knife-proof was shown, maybe you should go and watch the episode.

h1a8
You just said that the writer would have shown it, if it was his intention. whereas before you've argued that what is shown doesn't matter if it contradicts what you claim are the writer's intentions.

So once again, Thanks for providing proof of your hypocrisy.

Huh?
The writer showed her having to block bullets instead of tank them. It's clear what the intentions are.

I never argued that. You have a habit of rephrasing someone's argument into a straw man.

h1a8
People have already mentioned the scene where being knife-proof was shown, maybe you should go and watch the episode. Give the episode number and season

Silent Master
I believe it was Season 1 episode 8

Silent Master
Huh?
The writer showed her having to block bullets instead of tank them. It's clear what the intentions are.

I never argued that. You have a habit of rephrasing someone's argument into a straw man.

That is a retarded argument, I mean the writers have shown Thor block Chitauri lasers even though he has feats for tanking things that do thousands of times more damage.

playa1258
Rob is right, Sif probably snaps his neck.

FrothByte
Give the episode number and season

H1, have you watched AoS or not?

An Asgardian farmer casually caught a tactical knife he was going to get stabbed with, then casually crumpled it in his hand. A tactical knife is made of tougher material than bullets and slugs.

h1a8
That is a retarded argument, I mean the writers have shown Thor block Chitauri lasers even though he has feats for tanking things that do thousands of times more damage. That means Thor would have gotten hurt if he got hit with those blasts. Stop acting like fiction is consistent. Characters have high showings and low ones (that contradict the high ones).

h1a8
H1, have you watched AoS or not?

An Asgardian farmer casually caught a tactical knife he was going to get stabbed with, then casually crumpled it in his hand. A tactical knife is made of tougher material than bullets and slugs.

Episode and season?

Also know two things
1. All Asgardians aren't the same (even in the comics). They have different abilities and different levels of power.

2. Fiction is not consistent. There are contradictions all the time. That's why we have high and low showings. Just look at SG show for example.

Silent Master
That means Thor would have gotten hurt if he got hit with those blasts. Stop acting like fiction is consistent. Characters have high showings and low ones (that contradict the high ones).

So you're arguing that those lasers would have hurt Thor, even though we've seen him tank energy attacks that were literally thousands of times more powerful?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.