Oberyn Martell vs Baleman w/katana

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
Both wearing leather armor.

Katana for Baleman, Spear for Viper.

1) Fight in an arena. High noon.

2) Fight at the Gotham docks at night.

3) Fight in a crowded battlefield.

Viper vs Bat. Who wins?

TheVaultDweller
Oberyn tries to seduce him. stick out tongue

KingD19
Oberyn wins, because Batman doesn't kill and won't use his sword against Oberyn before he gets stabbed in the face.

John Murdoch
Round 1: Oberyn obliterates him. He beat the Mountain, who is almost two feet taller than Baleman, weighs like 200 pounds more, had a much heavier and longer broadsword than a League of Shadows katana. Bale will be slightly quicker than Gregor when Oberyn is dueling him, but Oberyn will easily outmaneuver Bats and take him down.

Round 2: Assuming Baleman uses his katana to incapacitate, I'll finally give Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne a hard-earned victory. His one strength is fighting from stealth/the shadows, and Batman Begins especially shows this. It's when he gets out in the open that things get froggy due to subpar fight choreography, which we've all said before ad infinitum.

Round 3: Unless Bruce can sneak up on him again, Oberyn should win. If they both have each other in their sights, Oberyn's spear's reach and maneuverability will give the Viper the win here as well. Bats does have the final battle in TDKR in the streets of Gotham as well as the bedlam at the end of Batman Begins, but again plot demands (TDKR) and stealthily creeping around and resorting to his grappling gun (Batman Begins) saved him from being shot or torn to pieces by Bane's forces or the fear toxin-frenzied civilians in Begins.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Round 1: Oberyn obliterates him. He beat the Mountain, who is almost two feet taller than Baleman, weighs like 200 pounds more, had a much heavier and longer broadsword than a League of Shadows katana. Bale will be slightly quicker than Gregor when Oberyn is dueling him, but Oberyn will easily outmaneuver Bats and take him down.

Round 2: Assuming Baleman uses his katana to incapacitate, I'll finally give Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne a hard-earned victory. His one strength is fighting from stealth/the shadows, and Batman Begins especially shows this. It's when he gets out in the open that things get froggy due to subpar fight choreography, which we've all said before ad infinitum.

Round 3: Unless Bruce can sneak up on him again, Oberyn should win. If they both have each other in their sights, Oberyn's spear's reach and maneuverability will give the Viper the win here as well. Bats does have the final battle in TDKR in the streets of Gotham as well as the bedlam at the end of Batman Begins, but again plot demands (TDKR) and stealthily creeping around and resorting to his grappling gun (Batman Begins) saved him from being shot or torn to pieces by Bane's forces or the fear toxin-frenzied civilians in Begins. thumb up

Nibedicus
Batman's no-kill rule is removed for this fight. Assume he is told that he is in a very advanced VR game.

Psychotron
Bruce. Oberyn was only beating the Mountain due to using poison.

FrothByte
Both GoT and the TDK trilogy have really slow and crappy fight choreography. But spears will give a good advantage over katanas so Oberyn gets my vote.

KingD19
Originally posted by Psychotron
Bruce. Oberyn was only beating the Mountain due to using poison.

Oberyn was f*cking with the Mountain the entire fight. He could've easily stabbed him in the face or in a soft spot and drove the spear straight through.

But he wanted to torture him and make him admit he killed his family.

John Murdoch
Oberyn for sure wins the arena fight, but stealth round is Batman's to lose. Battlefield is closer than the arena, but Oberyn still takes it. As Froth said, spears have the massive reach advantage, and as King said, Oberyn was twirling around the Mountain, so Bale gets skewered in a 1v1 showdown.

Psychotron
Originally posted by KingD19
Oberyn was f*cking with the Mountain the entire fight. He could've easily stabbed him in the face or in a soft spot and drove the spear straight through.

But he wanted to torture him and make him admit he killed his family.

Get serious. The Mountain tossed Oberyn around several times and cut his spear in half. If this was an actual battle Oberyn would have been done right then and there.

KingD19
Get serious. The Mountain tossed Oberyn around several times and cut his spear in half. If this was an actual battle Oberyn would have been done right then and there.

Mountain was trying to kill him the entire time, and never laid a serious hand on him until he got right up on him at the end.

Oberyn could have easily speared him in the mouth as soon as the match started.

BruceSkywalker
Bruce dies horribly

Psychotron
Mountain was trying to kill him the entire time, and never laid a serious hand on him until he got right up on him at the end.

Oberyn could have easily speared him in the mouth as soon as the match started.

I like how you keep ignoring the fact that Oberyn needed poison to weaken the Mountain.

The Mountain was wearing a helmet, so good luck with that.

Mindset
I like how you keep ignoring the fact that Oberyn needed poison to weaken the Mountain.

The Mountain was wearing a helmet, so good luck with that. He didn't need poison to win though. He used poison because he wanted The Mountain to suffer, and he also wanted him to confess.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Mindset
He didn't need poison to win though. He used poison because he wanted The Mountain to suffer, and he also wanted him to confess.

The poison was extremely potent and yet Gregor was still able to toss him around and disarm him.

Now, if this happened in the middle of a battlefield where Oberyn wouldn't have some servant to give him a new spear he'd be dead in seconds.

KingD19
So you're ignoring how Oberyn Martell was quite literally Inigo Montoya and the entire reason he fought Mountain was to get him to publically confess to murdering his sister and her children. He repeated it the entire fight.

Anyone else he would've stabbed in the face and been done with it because he didn't have a personal score to settle. He's got no beef with Batman, so he gets the stone cold killer treatment.

Also, he always uses poison. It's why they call him the "Red Viper". He's as fast as a snake strike and uses "venom". It's not subtle at all and they explicitly explain that part.

And that poison was also explained to be extremely potent but slow acting. He wanted Mountain to suffer. That's why it took him an extra day or two to die despite all his injuries and poison coursing through his body. He had a hole the size of an apple in his side and was still screaming so loud the whole kingdom could hear him.

NemeBro

But he wanted to torture him and make him admit he killed his family. There is literally no evidence for this claim my man. You simply have nothing you can use to prove the claim that he could have easily ended the fight at any time whenever he wanted, and considering that he did have some close calls against Gregor and did in fact lose his weapon at one point (which would have led to his inevitable death or at best him fleeing in a battlefield scenario) when Gregor literally caught his spear and snapped it does seem to support the very opposite of what you're claiming: that Oberyn could not in fact just feeb Gregor at any point of the fight.

Anyway, I'd be more inclined to give Oberyn the win simply because, as far as I remember, Baleman doesn't have a single feat as a swordsman. Did he use one in BB? I don't remember.

FrothByte
None of this matters because Baleman is not the Mountain.

NemeBro
Originally posted by FrothByte
None of this matters because Baleman is not the Mountain. It matters because if Oberyn could have indeed feebed the Mountain at any point of the fight and chose not to it would make his overall fighting prowess significantly more impressive.

Robtard
Baleman might win round three because he's a ****ing ninja and the chaos of a battlefield means he could sneak up and backstab Oberyrn. Other than that, The Viper tosses his salad in a face-to-face fight.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
It matters because if Oberyn could have indeed feebed the Mountain at any point of the fight and chose not to it would make his overall fighting prowess significantly more impressive.

Which is exactly what he did. Otherwise, why continue to walk around when your opponent was already down when you could follow up with an attack?

Robtard
Oberyn had some close calls, there's no reason to believe he was 100% in control of the fight and could have ended it with a simple stab to the eye at his whim.

iirc, Even in the book he dictated the fight mostly, but he had to be on constant edge cos one missed step and the Mountain would have literally cut him in twain.

NemeBro
Which is exactly what he did. Otherwise, why continue to walk around when your opponent was already down when you could follow up with an attack? No it isn't. He only lowered his guard after he believed the Mountain was incapacitated. The idea that he was not even trying and could have ended the fight at any point during the fight proper is pure fiction with literally no evidence beyond everyone claiming that's man-crush on him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Oberyn had some close calls, there's no reason to believe he was 100% in control of the fight and could have ended it with a simple stab to the eye at his whim.

iirc, Even in the book he dictated the fight mostly, but he had to be on constant edge cos one missed step and the Mountain would have literally cut him in twain.

Oh I agree. It's not like he was toying with Gregor or anything. Still as seen in the fight, there were a number of times he could have pushed his advantage but instead chose to mock and talk to Gregor.

FrothByte
No it isn't. He only lowered his guard after he believed the Mountain was incapacitated. The idea that he was not even trying and could have ended the fight at any point during the fight proper is pure fiction with literally no evidence beyond everyone claiming that's man-crush on him.

Now where did I say he wasn't even trying? Gregor is a dangerous combatant that he needed to take seriously. Doesn't change the fact that Oberyn had multiple chances to push his advantage but instead chose to mock and taunt Gregor.

Psychotron
Where does this idea that Baleman and the Mountain are even comparable come from? The Mountain is just a big brute, Baleman has taken on dozens of armed men with his bare hands and won.

There's no reason to believe that Oberyn's near-victory over the Mountain (which he cheated for, by the way) is anywhere near as impressive.

Silent Master
Yes, look at how badass Baleman is

http://i.imgur.com/2hbiSYv.gif

http://i.imgur.com/LSNSWRT.gif

http://i.imgur.com/lIB45Ar.gif

juggerman
While I don't think Martell considered Clegane a walk in the park, it was very clear Oberyn was not trying to kill him. Had he been going for the kill right away we might have seen a different fight.

On topic:
1. Martell - More skilled
2. Depends on if Bruce decides to use his stealth here or fight straight up
3. I think Bruce is more capable of taking advantage of a chaotic environment like a battlefield than Oberyn

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggerman
While I don't think Martell considered Clegane a walk in the park, it was very clear Oberyn was not trying to kill him. Had he been going for the kill right away we might have seen a different fight.

On topic:
1. Martell - More skilled
2. Depends on if Bruce decides to use his stealth here or fight straight up
3. I think Bruce is more capable of taking advantage of a chaotic environment like a battlefield than Oberyn

3. I don't know, Batman isn't used to fighting in a battlefield. He either sneaks up on you, takes on gangs of 10 or so fodder, or takes you on one on one. Oberyn is a soldier, which means he's used to being in a battlefield and used to the chaos it brings.

KingD19
Yeah Oberyn was the father and leader of the Sand Snakes, one of the most feared and well known warrior bands in the world. And he himself is known the world over as the Red Viper, one of the best fighters of the time.

I'm sure he's seen a lot more battlefields than that one Bruce sort of experienced at the end of DKR.

Psychotron
Silent Master, that's just choreography. Nolan is a horrible action director.

FrothByte
Silent Master, that's just choreography. Nolan is a horrible action director.

But choreography and visual skill/speed is what we base most of these fights on. Or are you one of those that thinks implied skill is more important than what we see on screen?

Silent Master
Those are Baleman's fighting feats, which we use to determine his skill.

juggerman
3. I don't know, Batman isn't used to fighting in a battlefield. He either sneaks up on you, takes on gangs of 10 or so fodder, or takes you on one on one. Oberyn is a soldier, which means he's used to being in a battlefield and used to the chaos it brings.

Very true

NemeBro
Originally posted by Silent Master
Those are Baleman's fighting feats, which we use to determine his skill. Weird how people only really do that for Baleman, or occasionally Game of Thrones (which makes your post all the weirder, you're comparing him to a Game of Thrones character with similarly bad choreography, or perhaps worse, given that his only fight was against an opponent with worse choreography than anyone in the Dark Knight trilogy).

No one calls Darth Maul an awful swordsman despite the fact that, as filmed, he's terrible. thumb down

But this is beside the point. For real though, has Baleman ever used a sword onscreen? I honestly can't recall. Maybe in the League of Shadows training segment?

Silent Master
We do that for everybody, not just Baleman.

Nibedicus
But this is beside the point. For real though, has Baleman ever used a sword onscreen? I honestly can't recall. Maybe in the League of Shadows training segment?

https://youtu.be/L1nBMkYtdOc

Well, we've got 2:15 and the I think during the training segment yeah.

John Murdoch
Has Nibedicus finally found an opponent worthy (well, maybe not worthy is better) for a true challenge to Baleman?

Oberyn is the first opponent I can think of for Baleman on these boards that wouldn't crush him in less than a minute.

Mindset
The poison was extremely potent and yet Gregor was still able to toss him around and disarm him.

Now, if this happened in the middle of a battlefield where Oberyn wouldn't have some servant to give him a new spear he'd be dead in seconds. Squires follow knights on the battlefield, he'd have someone to give him another spear.

Anyway, he wouldn't have been phucking around on the battlefield doing flips and smiling to the crowds, he also wouldn't be trying to get a confession.

He was clearly the superior fighter.

FrothByte
Weird how people only really do that for Baleman, or occasionally Game of Thrones (which makes your post all the weirder, you're comparing him to a Game of Thrones character with similarly bad choreography, or perhaps worse, given that his only fight was against an opponent with worse choreography than anyone in the Dark Knight trilogy).

No one calls Darth Maul an awful swordsman despite the fact that, as filmed, he's terrible. thumb down

You might have actually had a point up until you mentioned Darth Maul. While there might have been some weak points in that choreography, Darth Maul's skill was apparent for all to see. In fact, CGI aside, Darth Maul is probably the most visually skilled jedi/sith we've seen on screen.

Silent Master
You might have actually had a point up until you mentioned Darth Maul. While there might have been some weak points in that choreography, Darth Maul's skill was apparent for all to see. In fact, CGI aside, Darth Maul is probably the most visually skilled jedi/sith we've seen on screen.

He probably fancies himself a swordsman and as such was yelling at the screen "that wouldn't work in real life". So he is trying to equate unrealistic depictions of technique with actual shitty choreography.

FrothByte
He probably fancies himself a swordsman and as such was yelling at the screen "that wouldn't work in real life". So he is trying to equate unrealistic depictions of technique with actual shitty choreography.

I think just because the techniques used were "fancy" he automatically thinks that makes Darth Maul a terrible fighter.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Mindset
Squires follow knights on the battlefield, he'd have someone to give him another spear.

Anyway, he wouldn't have been phucking around on the battlefield doing flips and smiling to the crowds, he also wouldn't be trying to get a confession.

He was clearly the superior fighter.

Because no one would harass the squire, right?

You're delusional if you think those flips were just for show, that was his style, as retarded as it looked.

Either way, Baleman is a lot faster and more skilled than the Mountain, so this comparison is ridiculous.

FrothByte

You're delusional if you think those flips were just for show, that was his style, as retarded as it looked.

Either way, Baleman is a lot faster and more skilled than the Mountain, so this comparison is ridiculous.

The Mountain is a slow fighter. But so is Baleman. Oberyn is still faster than Baleman.

Psychotron
The Mountain is a slow fighter.

And yet he tagged Oberyn more than once.

Oberyn might be faster, but he's melee skills are nowhere near Baleman's.

Silent Master
Baleman's melee skills

http://i.imgur.com/2hbiSYv.gif

http://i.imgur.com/LSNSWRT.gif

http://i.imgur.com/lIB45Ar.gif

Psychotron
And what are Oberyn's skills? Doing flips and cartwheels? Landing glancing blows on a big slow guy?

Silent Master
I'm just providing evidence so people can see why you rate Baleman's skill so highly.

FrothByte
And yet he tagged Oberyn more than once.

Oberyn might be faster, but he's melee skills are nowhere near Baleman's.

Because, again, Oberyn was playing around. Plus the fact that the Mountain has enough reach and strength to counteract the spear.

Oberyn has a massive reach advantage over Baleman and his katana. Baleman does not have the reach and strength of the Mountain. He's not fast enough to dodge Oberyn, as seen how slowly he moves in his fights, and he doesn't have the strength to actually parry the spear. So how's he going to win this eh?

Psychotron
Because, again, Oberyn was playing around. Plus the fact that the Mountain has enough reach and strength to counteract the spear.

Oberyn has a massive reach advantage over Baleman and his katana. Baleman does not have the reach and strength of the Mountain. He's not fast enough to dodge Oberyn, as seen how slowly he moves in his fights, and he doesn't have the strength to actually parry the spear. So how's he going to win this eh?

He wasn't playing around, if he was he wouldn't have gotten hit more than once, and he wouldn't have needed to use poison. He's honestly lucky he didn't die earlier in the fight. He clearly didn't.

Silent Master likes to post gifs of Nolan's crappy fights, but did you not see how clumsy the Mountain looked in the Viper fight? He looked like a complete retard. Bale knew how to hold a sword, at least.

Baleman's going to win by being faster and more skilled than the Mountain, because Baleman has actual feats of defeating groups of armed opponents, unlike Oberyn or the Mountain.

Silent Master
I posted Baleman's fights, not Nolan's.

KingD19
I just watched the one time in three movies Batman used a sword for 30 seconds. He got saved by an explosion and was on the back foot every single time against that guy.

And he's not strong enough to break Oberyn's spear from 4-5 feet away like Mountain. So what's he gonna do when that poison blade nicks him at the very least? As the only reason Mountain lasted so long was because he was just frickin huge.

FrothByte
He wasn't playing around, if he was he wouldn't have gotten hit more than once, and he wouldn't have needed to use poison. He's honestly lucky he didn't die earlier in the fight. He clearly didn't.

Silent Master likes to post gifs of Nolan's crappy fights, but did you not see how clumsy the Mountain looked in the Viper fight? He looked like a complete retard. Bale knew how to hold a sword, at least.

Baleman's going to win by being faster and more skilled than the Mountain, because Baleman has actual feats of defeating groups of armed opponents, unlike Oberyn or the Mountain.

Everyone here agrees that Oberyn was not going all out against Gregor. Seems to me you just don't want to admit it.

Silent Master
As I said in the other thread, Batman and Superman have always had some of the worst Fanboys out there, they just refuse to be unbiased when discussing anything about them

Mindset

Either way, Baleman is a lot faster and more skilled than the Mountain, so this comparison is ridiculous. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't.

The fact is that's what squires were used for so it obviously worked.

They were for show.

I really don't give a shit if he is, I was talking about the Mountain.

FrothByte
There's also the fact that Oberyn will have a massive reach advantage over Baleman.

NemeBro
You might have actually had a point up until you mentioned Darth Maul.

I still have a point after mentioning Darth Maul.

I wouldn't say that at all.

His athleticism and stage fighting skill were apparent for all to see. His actual skill at killing people with his sword was not so, for people who were paying attention. But I don't actually hold that against him. The choreography is simply just as poor a representation of actual skillful combat as Baleman's is.

Based on what? How cool you think he looked? How difficult his actor's stunts were?

What does any of that have to do with his actual demonstrated skill at combat?

But hey, maybe people are more critical of TDK trilogy's character's skill because the choreography is "bad". Is that it? If so, then I guess Darth Maul isn't a great example.

So I'll use Darth Vader from the OT. I have never, not once, seen someone use the shit-tier sluggish choreography of the OT against Vader.

NemeBro
He probably fancies himself a swordsman and as such was yelling at the screen "that wouldn't work in real life". So he is trying to equate unrealistic depictions of technique with actual shitty choreography. https://media.giphy.com/media/MpHGtb8s1gwow/giphy.gif

NemeBro
and he doesn't have the strength to actually parry the spear. Now I'm not hugely knowledgeable about spears, but why is that? He's considerably stronger than Oberyn. I still think he loses because Baleman's swordfighting feats are fairly questionable, but why couldn't he parry the spear?

Silent Master
IOW, I was right.

FrothByte
Now I'm not hugely knowledgeable about spears, but why is that? He's considerably stronger than Oberyn. I still think he loses because Baleman's swordfighting feats are fairly questionable, but why couldn't he parry the spear?

1. A spear has more mass and is actually very hard to parry with a sword.
2. A katana has a brittle blade, at least in comparison to most western weapons. He tries to parry with it one too many times he'll end up with a bent katana at best, a broken katana at worst.
3. Name me a time that Baleman actually parried something as powerful as a spear.

Psychotron
As I said in the other thread, Batman and Superman have always had some of the worst Fanboys out there, they just refuse to be unbiased when discussing anything about them

I hate Baleman. He's the worst Batman aside from Clooney. Oberyn just sucks and if you're entire argument is the choreography than Oberyn is far worse than Baleman.

Everyone here agrees that Oberyn was not going all out against Gregor. Seems to me you just don't want to admit it.

Well, if a bunch of people on a forum agree then it's gotta be true.

KingD19
Oberyn beat the most feared warrior in the Seven Kingdoms, all while holding back because he wanted him to admit he murdered his family instead of killing him when he had the chance several times. He only got killed himself because he got really cocky in the end and underestimated just how much strength and hate Gregor had.

Batman used a sword for 30 seconds and was on the retreat, barely surviving that entire fight before an explosion saved him.

FrothByte

Well, if a bunch of people on a forum agree then it's gotta be true.

Or if everybody else sees blue but one guy insists it's red, guess who's probably color blind?

Psychotron
That's not how color blindness works.

KingD19
But...if everybody saw the right colors and you're the only one who sees something different...you probably are colorblind.

Psychotron
That is relative. I know a lot of people who think the Viper/Mountain fight choreography was horrible.

FrothByte
That is relative. I know a lot of people who think the Viper/Mountain fight choreography was horrible.

Oh it was horrible, just so happens it's better than any any choreography in the TDK trilogy.

That's not how color blindness works.

I see you're trying to evade the point.

Robtard
1. A spear has more mass and is actually very hard to parry with a sword.
2. A katana has a brittle blade, at least in comparison to most western weapons. He tries to parry with it one too many times he'll end up with a bent katana at best, a broken katana at worst.
3. Name me a time that Baleman actually parried something as powerful as a spear.

Not so sure about that. Outright stop with a sword, yes, very hard. Parrying is a matter of catching the spear haft with the flat of the sword and redirecting the force and momentum to a left or right angle away from oneself.

Not so sure about that either, a Katana while considerably thinner than say a standard European long sword, is more flexible and will bend more before it breaks compared to its stouter Euro counterparts. eg I've seen slow-mo footage of katanas cutting through animal carcasses and the amount of flexing they do without breaking is rather impressive. To the point you're left thinking "how did it not break?" This has to do with the methods of heating/folding the Japanese smiths use.

I don't think you need any degree of exceptionally high strength to parry/deflect a spear thrust, it's more a matter of having the skill to do it properly.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Not so sure about that. Outright stop with a sword, yes, very hard. Parrying is a matter of catching the spear haft with the flat of the sword and redirecting the force and momentum to a left or right angle away from oneself.

Not so sure about that either, a Katana while considerably thinner than say a standard European long sword, is more flexible and will bend more before it breaks compared to its stouter Euro counterparts. eg I've seen slow-mo footage of katanas cutting through animal carcasses and the amount of flexing they do without breaking is rather impressive. To the point you're left thinking "how did it not break?" This has to do with the methods of heating/folding the Japanese smiths use.

I don't think you need any degree of exceptionally high strength to parry/deflect a spear thrust, it's more a matter of having the skill to do it properly.

I practice HEMA, so this is one topic (asides from archery) that I'm fairly versed at.

A longsword's blade (and other European blades) are very springy. You can bend them along the flat and they spring back into shape. A katana's blade is very stiff. It can bend but only to a very slight degree, otherwise it won't be able to spring back into shape. That said, every single steel sword will have a degree of flex to them. But as taught in kenjutsu, they try not to parry too much and instead focus on dodging attacks, simply because katanas are fragile and can easily bend or break of you block with it too much.

As far as spears go, a spear has enough mass to puncture plate armor if properly utilized. A sword has no hope of penetrating plate. That alone should tell you of the difference in mass. Yes, there are ways you can parry and deflect a spear with your sword but it's very difficult because, again, the spear has a lot of mass plus the spear wielder can stay out of range and keep sniping his opponent. It will take a very skilled swordsman, one who is much more skilled than the arrow wielder, to be able to close the gap and win. In a sense you're right, it's not exactly a matter of muscular strength that will make you parry the spear, though strength is always an advantage. You'll need very good skill, very powerful movements, very exact timing and placement of blade for leverage, and a pretty strong sword. All of which I'm not convinced Baleman has.

You can search any spear vs. sword video on youtube. There's a bunch of HEMA practicioners who cross-spar (and a few naginata vs. shinai as well). You'll see what I mean.

Psychotron
I see you're trying to evade the point.

I'm not, I already explained why a guy who can beat the shit out of groups of armed mercs, SWAT teams, thugs, etc is superior to a guy who can do flips and needs poison and luck to beat a big slow guy who can barely swing his sword.

KingD19
But you're going to ignore that Batman used a Katana for 30 seconds. And all he did was barely block a few sword swings and run away until an explosion and a falling chunk of ceiling killed Ra's Decoy.

So he has no actual feats with the sword.

Psychotron
He can throw the nip sword away for all I care.

KingD19
He can throw the nip sword away for all I care.

What you care doesn't matter here. Only thing that matters is OP.

OP says it's Batman in leather armor with a Katana. Vs Obery in leather armor with his spear.

So Bruce doesn't have any protection. Has a massive reach advantage. Has literally no showings with his weapon, while Oberyn is known as the best spear-fighter in the world and one of the best fighters in all of Westeros.

There's no throwing his weapon away. He has to use what OP says.

So Bruce loses. Because despite what you think, being awesome in one category doesn't make you awesome in another. The worlds top ranked sniper would not have that same level of efficiency in a fist fight for example.

And just because Bruce is somewhat decent in h2h(even though he gets beat up by Joker and random goons), he's got nothing with a blade. Not against Oberyn especially.

FrothByte
I'm not, I already explained why a guy who can beat the shit out of groups of armed mercs, SWAT teams, thugs, etc is superior to a guy who can do flips and needs poison and luck to beat a big slow guy who can barely swing his sword.

Armed mercs and thugs who fall down without even getting hit. Who all move far slower than Gregor. Heck, even I can beat up armed mercs as long as they fall down on their own.

NemeBro
Armed mercs and thugs who fall down without even getting hit. Who all move far slower than Gregor. Heck, even I can beat up armed mercs as long as they fall down on their own. Wait, so Baleman has telekinesis now? He can down people without even touching him, based on this "choreography rules all" concept?

Damn, then I guess he stomps. He knocks Oberyn out without even needing to touch him before stabbing his neck. Flawless victory. thumb up

FrothByte
Wait, so Baleman has telekinesis now? He can down people without even touching him, based on this "choreography rules all" concept?

Damn, then I guess he stomps. He knocks Oberyn out without even needing to touch him before stabbing his neck. Flawless victory. thumb up

Or.... it just so happens that in the world Baleman lives, fighters just aren't that tough. They faint at the sight of violence. It's a bit more plausible than telekinesis.

NemeBro
Or.... it just so happens that in the world Baleman lives, fighters just aren't that tough. They faint at the sight of violence. It's a bit more plausible than telekinesis. No that's ridiculous. Baleman and comparable fighters like Bane can knock people out without touching them, that's how strong they are. You've really raised the standing of TDK. thumb up

Psychotron
Or.... it just so happens that in the world Baleman lives, fighters just aren't that tough. They faint at the sight of violence. It's a bit more plausible than telekinesis.

An old Baleman has beaten Bane, and we all know that infamous collum feat. And he didn't need poison to do it either.

Silent Master
What is so impressive about punching a hole in a decorative column?

Psychotron

The fact that most guys can't do it?

Silent Master
Since when are most people unable to punch through a decorative column?

Psychotron
Since when are most people unable to punch through a decorative column?

Film yourself doing that then.

Silent Master
Film yourself doing that then.

You're the one that made the claim, that means the burden is on you.

Psychotron
You're the one that made the claim, that means the burden is on you.

I made the claim that normal men can't punch through a collum, so I have to prove it? Okay, brb, let me film myself breaking my hand.

Retard.

Silent Master
I made the claim that normal men can't punch through a collum, so I have to prove it? Okay, brb, let me film myself breaking my hand.

Retard.

That is how debates work, the person making the claim is the one that has to prove it. Otherwise, that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Psychotron
That is how debates work, the person making the claim is the one that has to prove it. Otherwise, that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

You don't prove a negative, buddy.

Silent Master
Next time, if you can't back up a claim, don't make it.

Psychotron
Next time, if you can't back up a claim, don't make it.

But you're the one making a claim, son.

Silent Master
But you're the one making a claim, son.

No, you made the claim, I just questioned it.

Psychotron
No, you made the claim, I just questioned it.

No, I did not. I stated an objective fact. You claimed you could punch a hole in a collum like that, so I wanna see you do it.

Silent Master
No, I did not. I stated an objective fact. You claimed you could punch a hole in a collum like that, so I wanna see you do it.

No, you stated an opinion and I asked you for proof.

Psychotron
No, you stated an opinion and I asked you for proof.

And if I said a human can't lift a truck would I have to prove that too? You see why actual debaters know you can't prove a negative, right?

Silent Master
And if I said a human can't lift a truck would I have to prove that too? You see why actual debaters know you can't prove a negative, right?

Thank you for admitting that you did make the claim.

Psychotron
Thank you for admitting that you did make the claim.

Are you mentally challenged? Serious question.

Silent Master
Are you mentally challenged? Serious question.

You made the original claim, that is just the truth. if you disagree, feel free to post the quote where you think I made it.

Psychotron
You made the original claim, that is just the truth. if you disagree, feel free to post the quote where you think I made it.

Which part of "you don't prove a negative" do you find challenging, Forrest? Let's work through this together.

Silent Master
Which part of "you don't prove a negative" do you find challenging, Forrest? Let's work through this together.

Doesn't change the fact that you made the claim.

Psychotron
Doesn't change the fact that you made the claim.

I hope you're trolling and aren't actually this retarded. I'll pray for your family tonight.

Silent Master
I'll ask again.

Psychotron
I'll ask again.

Prove it was decorative.

Silent Master
The clip clearly shows it's decorative.

Psychotron
The clip clearly shows it's decorative.

How? Elaborate.

Silent Master
Use your eyes.

Psychotron
Use your eyes.

Oh, no. You've made a claim. Back it up.

Silent Master
JH4SigoYcGk

Psychotron
Looks like concrete to me, like every normal collum.

Silent Master
Again, good joke.

Psychotron
Again, good joke.

Stop running and try to prove your claim.

Silent Master
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.