Darth Krayt vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathslash
First scenario is against Vong Krayt and the second scenario is against reborn Krayt.

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All out

They fight on Korriban.

MythLord
Against Vong Krayt, Dooku sweeps.
He beats Prime Krayt in sabers, but loses the rest.

Ursumeles
Vong Krayt can only win Force, while Reborn wins all but Sabers.

Unbowed
Against Vong Krayt I'd say Dooku wins 6/10 times. They are about equal in ability but Krayt's stamina is an issue.

Reborn Krayt casually stomps.

Emperordmb
Dooku probably takes Vong Krayt and definitely loses to Reborn Krayt

TenebrousWay
Vong Krayt loses all. Reborn Krayt wins all.

Trocity
Krayt, both rounds.

Deronn_solo
Dooku is out of his league.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by MythLord
Against Vong Krayt, Dooku sweeps.
He beats Prime Krayt in sabers, but loses the rest.

Azronger
Dooku sweeps both rounds

deathslash
Originally posted by Azronger
Dooku sweeps both rounds what makes you say that?

Azronger
Scaling from Yoda, Yarael Poof and Joruus C'baoth

MythLord
Explain Joruus.

deathslash
Scaling from Yoda, Yarael Poof and Joruus C'baoth he was getting forced back by Yoda though. Also, we could scale from Krayt fighting Abeloth which (in my opinion) craps all over dooku's fights.

MythLord
There was considerably more favourable circumstances in Krayt's favour during his fight with Abeloth, though.

Azronger
Originally posted by MythLord
Explain Joruus.

Premise 1: Joruus mentally dominated a planet's populace
Premise 2: Joruus is just as powerful as Jorus
Premise 3: Dooku is more powerful than Jorus
Conclusion: Dooku is planetary

Azronger
Originally posted by deathslash
he was getting forced back by Yoda though. Also, we could scale from Krayt fighting Abeloth which (in my opinion) craps all over dooku's fights.

But not stomped; that's the key.

You could scale Krayt from Abeloth to be GM Luke level but no one has made a successful case yet. All attempts have been debunked.

UCanShootMyNova
I don't think he's GM Luke level but his drain had a notable effect on Abeloth's performance when the scene switched perspectives.

MythLord
To be fair, there's plenty of reasons his Drain was so effective:
1. Abby has a Luke obsession and was barely registering Krayt
2. They were fighting "beyond the shadows" where it was Force essence vs Force essence, do I'd image it'd be easier for him to drain her under such circumstances
3. The draining ended up hurting him, ironically

Deronn_solo
Premise 1: Joruus mentally dominated a planet's populace.

When?

Premise 2: Joruus is just as powerful as Jorus.

That was stated absolutely nowhere, lmao.

DarthAnt66
Premise 1: Joruus mentally dominated a planet's populace
Premise 2: Joruus is just as powerful as Jorus
Premise 3: Dooku is more powerful than Jorus
Conclusion: Dooku is planetary
And ppl wonder why no one likes debating anymore, lmfao.

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah. There's all these nigs ignoring canonical quotes. smile

Azronger
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
When?

The Guardian used his power to force the inhabitants of the world to live together peacefully. Humans, Psadans and Myneyrshi built a city to the southwest of Mount Tantiss, though their tensions never truly subsided.

--Databank: Wayland

Wayland's inhabitants had been brought together by C'baoth's twisted manipulation of the Force. They worshiped him, feared him, and looked to him almost as a god-or devil. With his departure, that combined society has begun to show signs of disintegration.

--Heir To The Empire Sourcebook

The tests on the cloned C'baoth were ultimately disappointing. The new version had all the powers of the original, but the speed with which he had been created had caused various fundamental faults.

--Fact File 86

That is of course assuming Joruus didn't grow after becoming a clone, but I have no reason to believe he did.

cs_zoltan
Great, he's Shaak Ti tier smile

Beniboybling
The Guardian used his power to force the inhabitants of the world to live together peacefully. Humans, Psadans and Myneyrshi built a city to the southwest of Mount Tantiss, though their tensions never truly subsided.

Wayland's inhabitants had been brought together by C'baoth's twisted manipulation of the Force. They worshiped him, feared him, and looked to him almost as a god-or devil. With his departure, that combined society has begun to show signs of disintegration.

The tests on the cloned C'baoth were ultimately disappointing. The new version had all the powers of the original, but the speed with which he had been created had caused various fundamental faults.

--Fact File 86

That is of course assuming Joruus didn't grow after becoming a clone, but I have no reason to believe he did. uh-oh, DC takes another L. sad

Azronger
Originally posted by Beniboybling
uh-oh, DC takes another L. sad

I wonder how big his collection is by now smile

slayne
Smaller than yours smile

Azronger
Not really tbh.

Azronger
Anyway, to continue on with my point, Jedi Dooku is more powerful than Jorus, and by proxy, Joruus:

On the other side of the galaxy, the Order's most gifted apprentice reached out to tap a lightsaber with the toe of his boot. Count Dooku grimaced.

--Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"Hm." Yoda stirred again with his stick. "Then best of all would be the strongest student, yes? Wisest? Most learned in the ways of the Force?" He nodded. "Best of all, Dooku would be!" His eyes found the other Jedi, one by one: and one by one, they looked away. "Our great student!" Yoda's ears flexed, then drooped. "Our great failure."

--Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

Dooku grows more powerful as Tyranus, to the point where he possesses infinitely greater power, beyond his Jedi self's most spectacular fantasies:

Dooku could not argue. Not only had the Dark Lord introduced Dooku to realms of power beyond his most spectacular fantasies, but Sidious was also a political manipulator so subtle that his abilities might be considered to dwarf even the power of the dark side itself.

--Revenge of the Sith novelization

"I have spent the last ten years learning to use the power of the Dark Side. It gives me infinitely greater power."

--Dooku, Attack of the Clones script

So Dooku is "infinitely" more powerful than a guy who can control an entire planet's population. Maybe now it's clear why I have him winning so many of these matches.

Azronger
Then there's Yarael Poof, a guy who contained the power of a planet-destroying artifact. And Tyranus is of course "infinitely" more powerful than him as well. thumb up

slayne
Why are you taking Dooku's *opinion* on how much he grew as literal fact? He's one of the most arrogant characters in SW; it would be straight up asinine to do so.

Azronger
Originally posted by slayne
Why are you taking Dooku's *opinion* on how much he grew as literal fact? He's one of the most arrogant characters in SW; it would be straight up asinine to do so.

I'm not taking the infinite or fantasies thing literally, obviously. What one needs to take away from those accolades is that Dooku grew a lot during his time as a Sith. And Dooku may be arrogant, but he's not retarded lmao. He knows how much he has grown in relation to his past self, and dismissing those statements simply because they're character opinions is even more asinine.

They aren't the crux of the argument anyway, but rather the planet feats themselves are. Dooku's vast inferiors are planetary, and so is Dooku himself.

Deronn_solo

--Fact File 86

That is of course assuming Joruus didn't grow after becoming a clone, but I have no reason to believe he did.

1. None of your quotes state any sort of mental domination was used, like, at all, lal. He just used his immense Force power to rule with an iron fist - the same way a dictator uses his military powers to manipulate everyone in order, and force with they see as "peace" onto everyone else. That doesn't imply a Sadam, or Kim Jong-un literally mind controls anyone. If you actually read The Thrawn Trilogy, you would see a noticeably more powerful and skilled C'baoth show signs of struggle with mentally dominating as few as 37,000 people, and earlier had struggles manipulating 20,000 more - so you're now gonna tell me a noticeably weaker version, was able to mind dominate, 20 + million, a feat of astronomical more significance, casually?

8DvCt1dpt20

2. Yes, Joruus was a disappointment because he was a mentally unstable and batshit crazy, that instability, making him borderline impossible to keep in check, or make of any use - nowhere in your text does it state he was inferior in power- in fact, the quote literally states he possessed all the powers of the original version.

Azronger
1. None of your quotes state any sort of mental domination was used, like, at all, lal. He just used his immense Force power to rule with an iron fist - the same way a dictator uses his military powers to manipulate everyone in order, and force with they see as "peace" onto everyone else. That doesn't imply a Sadam, or Kim Jong-un literally mind controls anyone. If you actually read The Thrawn Trilogy, you would see a noticeably more powerful and skilled C'baoth show signs of struggle with mentally dominating as few as 37,000 people, and earlier had struggles manipulating 20,000 more - so you're now gonna tell me a noticeably weaker version, was able to mind dominate, 20 + million, a feat of astronomical more significance, casually?

Got the quote for struggling with 20 000, and him growing in power?

Yes, that is exactly what I said - that they are equal. No idea what you're on.

Deronn_solo
@AZronger:

Eek, the quote looks messy as hell, but I'm too lazy to bother fixing it, but, to paraphrase the quotes.

- It is confirmed they are 10 Kantana Dreadnoughts, each a thousand man vessels

- As explained by Palleon, 2 months at the start o the Thrawn campaign, C'baoth would struggle immensely with such a task of mentally controlling 10,000 people while in a near meditative trance, a far cry from a entire planet sporting millions, passively - as your interpretation of the quote would have us believe.

- Even with a notable finer grasp of his powers, the deed is still a daunting task for C'baoth to perform, as noted by the "old strain crossed C'baoth's face" line.

- Palleon then goes on to state maybe Joruus was able to perform the task so easily is because of circumstances involving the cloning process. Granted, this is only a hypothesis by a non-force sensitive character, but I vaguely remember a source - [either The Last Command sourcebook, or the Thrawn trilogy sourcebook, explicitly leaving that theory open as a possibility.

So in short, no way is C'baoth capable of planet level mental domination when he struggles with the number of people that could just populate a city just fine, lmao. Especially when you throw in the fact the inhabitants of Wayland was never shown to be under any kind mind of control when Luke visited the planet, as far as I remember.

Yes, that is exactly what I said - that they are equal. No idea what you're on.

My bad, went full retard right there for a moment, thought you said Jorus was > Joruus, lal.

Azronger
So in short, no way is C'baoth capable of planet level mental domination when he struggles with the number of people that could just populate a city just fine, lmao. Especially when you throw in the fact the inhabitants of Wayland was never shown to be under any kind mind of control when Luke visited the planet, as far as I remember.

Fair enough, then. But Dooku still at least has the Yoda scaling.

Well, at least I wasn't the only one who took an L. smile

SunRazer
Tyranus definitely beats Vong Krayt, but Krayt in his reborn form would probably take the Count.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Joruus strains immensely TP'ing 10,000 people

Weakling Lord Kaan passively TP's 20,000 sith across the galaxy

smilesmilesmile

Deronn_solo
So, Kaan is > Vader? laughing out loud

Azronger
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Joruus strains immensely TP'ing 10,000 people

Weakling Lord Kaan passively TP's 20,000 sith across the galaxy

smilesmilesmile

He didn't dominate them. Invalid comparison.

thesithmaster
Dooku should beat Vong Krayt.
Reborn Krayt wrecks Dooku, though.
As for Joruus vs Dooku, it depends on your rating of C'Baoth:
He has quotes putting him below ANH Vader, but Luke has labeled him equal to ROTJ Vader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.