New Guy In Town

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChewieWookieNavigator
Hey there everyone, I am new to the forum, but definitely not to Star Wars. It's hard trying to find a decent forum where people stay in touch and everything, so I will be staying here. Just to get a little well-known about me, the name's Chris and I live in Broomfield, Colorado. I am 16 years old, but alas I am a senior in high school. Yes, before you ask, I am THAT smart. (Not really I was only smart in elementary, now I seem to have the normal brain). I know more about Star Wars than most people, if any of you remember www.swtrivia.one-on-one.com, sadly its no more sad I was a 4 month reigning champ, and it had about 850 members. Anywhoo, without further ado, I would like to get to know a little about this forum, such as:

a)I have been browsing through all the topics, and I noticed a couple moderators (Raz and UnknownBountyHunter) don't post that much, are they busy right now? or just sort of like "Guardian Angels".

b)Who is the one making the tight-ass designs? Because I know they are not from big websites.

c)Should go along with b, but who made that picture at the top of the screen? With all the people that is? They don't look like actual cast members, are those people you guys?

d)Not a question, but a compliment. Radical website dudes!!!

To conclude, since I live in Colorado, I am the biggest ski & surf bum you'll ever meet.

queeq
Hi there, Chews and welcome. Come down to the Tavern, free drinks for all newcomers.
To answer you questions:

a. Raz is like a guardian angel, supreme being and benevolent ruler and owner of the site. UBH has most unfortantely not been sighted since he departed for a holiday in Spain many many weeks ago.

b. Tight-ass designs are made by our ravishing female designer DIM. She's off on a holiday now, but she'll be back by the end of the week. She did the designs on top and most of our sigs.

c. Yep, that's us. I'll post the list one more time. From left to right: Gundark, Xizor (green guy), Darth Daft (with chicken), EvilJedi (he left in anger though, that led to the Dark Side), RatCat (the house midget on the speeder bike), the ravishing Dim, yours truly (with the eyepatch) and finally the still missing UnknownBountyHunter.
If you plan to stay, send a pic to Dim and she'll get you up there.

d. Thank the Maker: Raz.

finti
Greetings from Norway and welcome CWN.

Gundark
ChewieWookieNavigator, now that's a mouthful. I see queeq has already christened you Chews, although I'm thinking CWN. If you don't like your forum name shortened you'll have to tell us cause we're in the habit of nicknames here. I'm usually reduced to Gundy or even Gun. Glad you came here with your massive knowledge of SW !! Always great to have another opinions and new ideas here ! As queeq told you, the great and powerful Raz is the webmaster here, and it looks like he explained the JC and our banner pic already. Welcome, and glad to hear you're staying ! smile

queeq
The more the merrier, because it'll be more chaotic. Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. evil face

Raz
Welcome ChewieWookieNavigator, hope you stick around.

queeq
You have drawn HIM out, Chews. You must be the Chosen One. (If Ushgarak isn't. laughing out loud )

finti
Are you related to Ben Gun, Gundy?laughing out loud

Gundark
Who is Ben Gun ?

queeq
"Ben" is Hebrew for "Son of". So the question is: Are you a Son of a Gun? laughing out loud

keokiswahine
OOOOOOOH, queeq, that's cold.

Welcome, Chews, to our nightmare on queeq street.

cold blue milk smoothes down at the tavern, everyone, courtesy of Raz, right, Raz?

Ushgarak
Welcome, buddy. Just please God tell me that I'm not going to have to explain my position on EU to ANOTHER person...

Gundark
Son of a Gun....no, I wasn't the last time I checked, finti...laughing out loud Now what happened to the Wook ?

ChewieWookieNavigator
Wow! 12 posts since I was here last on this one topic alone. I'll keep up! smile You guys are fairly old (judging from your pics). Anywhoo, I like what DIM has done with them. BTW, queeq, christening me Chews if fine. (Sorry Gundie, I didn't favor CWN that much).

Gundark
Chews it is, man ! smile

Glad you came back, although I didn't know we looked so OLD on the pic. Hmmmm....I'll have to talk to Dim about face lifts. laughing out loud laughing out loud

finti
Ben Gun is the stranded guy in Robert Louis Stevenson`s Treasure Island.
15 men on a dead mans chest
Yo oh ho a bottle of rum
drink for the devil and forgett the rest
yo oh ho a bottle of rum

queeq
So Chews, how are you enjoying this little set up the great and powerful Raz has provided for us?

keokiswahine
come back here and join us, Chews, we won't hurt you, and we aren't all THAT old yet. We're all younger than Yoda. laughing out loud

queeq
Well... most of us are. laughing out loud

finti
I know someone who graduated high school with Yoda.

queeq
Who ended on top of that class?

Gundark
OKAY, FINTI AND QUEEQ......I'm gonna clunk your heads together like Moe. See through you both I do. You're both headed into carbon freeze now. mad

queeq
WHAAAT? What did we do???? *innocent look*

Gundark
Do you take Mayhem for a fool ? As if I don't know you two pinheads are talking about me ???? A slow and painful death for you both ! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....evil face

queeq
*switches on the the charging mechanism of his tommy gun*

Gundark
(Leaves lightsaber on belt, sits behind main weapons panel of DS laser, aims at queeq). Your tommy blaster is but the buzzing of a fly to me, darling. evil face

queeq
But when it goes off ..... *POOF*... Gundy turns to stardust. evil face

keokiswahine
brings up protective force field, sits down with a cold blue milk smoothie and a platter of crackers and cold cuts to watch chaos and mayhem. smokin'

finti
eh its not allowed to eat or drink stuff you brought your selfsmile

queeq
Exactly. Arrest her, finti!

Gundark
finti is now the concession stand police. laughing out loud

queeq
It's time he started to make himself worthy of his salary. laughing out loud

Gundark
But I thought he was the bartender. laughing out loud
(Gundark orders all super star destroyers to surround queeq)

queeq
*switches off the power supply to the SD's, who now drift aimlessly in space laughing out loud *

Obviously you have not had a drink from finti lately. laughing out loud

Gundark
(Gundark fires up rusty Battlestar Galactica) Oh, finti always serves me good drinks....finti&gundark, remember? evil face

queeq
*makes ugly Cylon battleship crash into Battlestar Galactica*

Finti&Gundark!!!!!!????? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. *turns green, walks into office and heartbreaking cries and screams are heard coming from queeq's office*

finti
Salary what salary, have I missed out on something again?
Finti sweeps up the mess the Lego made in queeq`s and Gundarks makebelive Space warlaughing out loud

queeq
What a mess that was. laughing out loud

keokiswahine
*drags out lego bucket for clean up*

BTW, the munches came from the frig under the bar.

queeq
Finti doesn't like cleaning.

finti
No that`s why we have a cleaning lady who are skilled at kneelinglaughing out loud

queeq
And the cleaning lady is...... KEO! laughing out loud

Gundark
Bury your feelings deep down, queeq. They do you credit, but keo may bury you deep down when she reads that. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.