The movie experience

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Archaeopteryx
Whatever happened to the days when people went to the movie to.....watch the movie?
I just saw War for the Planet of the Apes. Overall it was mediocre. What struck me wasn't the movie however but all the stuff that went with it.
Start out with assigned seating, something I HATE. Next they want to give you a full service menu with access to a fully stocked bar. People around me were ordering All kinds of stuff, burgers, pancakes, drinks of all kinds. I could smell all the food, something I didn't like. The waitresses were running around all over the place, very distracting, though it did slow down somewhat once the movie started though there were the sounds of silverware on china as people were eating. People's dishes were on trays in front of the seats as they finished. I could only imagine the money spent overall, I didn't partake in anything but the movie as that's what I was there for but I seriously doubt I'll be going back to that theatre.

riv6672
WTF thester do you go to Richie Rich? laughing

Adam Grimes
Maybe you should try actually going to a theatre.

TheVaultDweller
Some cinemas do go a bit overboard, IMO. Like there is one not too far from me where, along with the menus and food and waiters and such, your chair is actually a double-seater lazy boy recliner, and you can even get a blanket if you're feeling cold. I normally don't go there though, because I'm a cheap bastard. I mostly just go to the average pleb cinema. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.