New format to revitalize this forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
This is something people do in other forums, but I never saw it done here. At least not recently.
Basically it's a 3 debaters vs 3 debaters. We choose two characters to put in a versus thread 1vs1 (like, Obi Wan Kenobi vs DOE Bane), we choose 3 debaters for each character, we give a limited amount of time (like 3 days or more), word limit. Also debates will happen this way:
1) First debater will open the discussion stating why he thinks his character wins
2) After this first debate, the second debater will write a counter argument for whatever the other first debater wrote
3) Then the last third debater will make another counter argument to what was said in the previous phase, and/or add more reasons to why his character should win

After time or the debate is over, general consensus will choose who wins the debate. We can either have all members of this forum vote for the best argument or choose a jury (usually three people) who will give their vote.

Some times to make it more interesting it's nice to have people debate for characters they would never debate for, like having TOR era fan debate in favour of a PT character vs TOR character.

Usually versus threads are chosen by forum users. Like everyone writes down 5 fights he' d like to see discussed, and debaters he'd like to have discuss it. What do you think? I saw a member of an other forum suggesting it after that forum was starting to die like this one, so I reckoned I could have suggested the idea here too

Kurk
Yes this is the general format of every debate class

1st affirmative
1st negative
2nd affirmative
2nd negative
3rd affirmative
3rd negative
closing arguments

NewGuy01
Nah, not happening. Just accept KMC's fate.

Total Warrior
Ok

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Kurk
Yes this is the general format of every debate class

1st affirmative
1st negative
2nd affirmative
2nd negative
3rd affirmative
3rd negative
closing arguments
I never joined debate class coz shizz like this

deathslash
This actually sounds interesting. I'd be up for it if others would be willing to try it.

Rockydonovang
nah, too formal

UCanShootMyNova
It would have to be a jury.

But I'd be for it as well.

TheMuser
Could be fun.

Rockydonovang
I refuse to follow complex formatting that requires immense amount of skill, and patience.

no

TheMuser
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I refuse to follow complex formatting that requires immense amount of skill, and patience.

no

U afraid you would lose brother?

Rockydonovang
course man, me no brain, me mad simple

deathslash
It's actually pretty easy to do threads the way that Warrior is suggesting. In the comic vs forum, we call them battlezones and they lead to a far better dialogue than what is normally seen on these forums.

Rockydonovang
Nah. but seriously, watch how ANT starts citing the consensus on previous threads as legitimate evidence for his arguments

Zenwolf
Ya I doubt this would go over well with how mostly everyone acts here.

Azronger
I'd be willing

Beniboybling
why would anyone want to revitalise kmc. sad

Total Warrior
Why would anyone not want to revitalize kmc?

cs_zoltan
Because KMC is a cesspool of humanity. It destroys everything you cherish, and corrupts the very fiber of your being until you are become either a raving retard like AP or a useless fegit like me.

Beniboybling
yes

Total Warrior
Ah

UCanShootMyNova
I think this is the first time it's ever happened, but Zoltan's got a point.

Kurk
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Because KMC is a cesspool of humanity. It destroys everything you cherish, and corrupts the very fiber of your being until you are become either a raving retard like AP or a useless fegit like me. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.