Would the world be better off without DBS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I feel like the logical closure point would be DBZ, maybe the Beerus movie, but it should have ended at that.

Now we have different characteristics to the characters, suddenly Goku fighting Beerus in BoZ doesn't seem so impressive, since he even reached another form and still was apparently untouchable. Okay, so I can understand Goku going from 70% of Beerus to 90% or even 80%, but for him to go back to being a flea after all that, it's just stupid.

I feel like Goku should have, at the very least surpassed him when he combined Kaioken with Super Saiyan Blue.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No. Cancerous thread.

cdtm
Don't blame the show, it's the fanboys that keep demanding dreck we'd be better off without.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by cdtm
Don't blame the show, it's the fanboys that keep demanding dreck we'd be better off without.
Yeah. Haven't exposed myself to those people in quite awhile, but I imagine many of them are just more invested in the brand than whether the current show has any creativeness or quality to it. Not unlike certain Star Wars fan groups with movies coming out every year now, etc.

Sometimes the drawback of when a franchise gets too big for its own good, I guess. Dragon Ball's at least still doing great in the video game department. The show though with Super? Mixed bag... What's more annoying though is how DBS forever split the fanbase, but I suppose it was bound to happen regardless of the kind of new show Dragon Ball got after Z.

NewGuy01
Yes, but your reason for hating it is retarded.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

Ridley_Prime
BotG/Beerus was a needed mold-breaking arc for the series. Not sure how I feel about Saiyans with God ki now though till I see Goku's Limit Breaker form in action.

Thought they had the right idea with Super Saiyan God at first, that it's a kind of power you're not meant to reach on your own through training, and even Goku in the movie detested having that power since it wasn't something he could earn and reach on his own, but of course with Dragon Ball's nature of thinking up things as it goes along, that was quickly changed and retconned, and not only did mortals reach that power on their own but surpassed it.

cdtm
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yes, but your reason for hating it is retarded.

His reasonings not bad.

But yeah, Super's just an all around shitfest, regardless of BoG.

Yamcha
DBS is the only thing I really look forward to these days, I just enjoy it for what it is, I'm not one of those folks that think Goku would beat up all of fiction either, I just like seeing the characters I grew up with tackling new adventures, it gives me hope that like them I can grow in life and my life isn't at it's end but that there's still a chance for me. Living my life now while the heroes of my childhood are tackling new challenges too, it inspires me to push myself farther..they're still trying their best and I should too.

Just my personal 2 cents. It's no masterpiece but at least it's helping someone.

cdtm
Perfectly reasonable reason to support the show. thumb up

Not like the idiot blathering fanboyism of "Duh lookie dat zee know heee strong! If you theenk Superman beats Goku, you're STOOOPID."

Yamcha
Thanks thumb up!

No way, none of that nonsense! I also didn't intend for it to sound like I was going to blow my brains out if they took Super off the air or anything, I just mean taking it for what it is I don't find it all that bad, sure it could be better, it could also be worse (never forget)

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/IMG_2198_zpsrxs9imkg.jpg

I just think it's been improving for the most part, so I'm actually really curious to see where the story is going to go each week an episode rolls around. Plus for me it just feels cool that DB is relevant again, the additional content is great for games, if DBS didn't happen we probably wouldn't have a few of the games that are in development now or that sick Yamcha manga (I'm not bias), just due to the interest not being there.

I feel as if it was a stupid baby at first, just violently shitting all over itself, and we were all just horrified..but it's growing and learning little by little. Sure sometimes it will still manage to choke on it's tongue and I've grown to accept that. I just think it's gonna take some patience to see where all this eventually leads up to.

AuraAngel
Probably. The world would also probably be better off without Boruto too but here we are lol.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Probably. The world would also probably be better off without Boruto too but here we are lol. I think its cool having Naruto and Sasuke being seen as these incredible, god-like, legendary figures though, the only problem is Boruto can't top the bar that his father has made, as Naruto's beaten the most powerful being in the Naruto-verse already.

NewGuy01
Looks like you also have a retarded reason for liking Boruto, fantastic. That said, it's not even true; Naruto is perceived by the public as being on par with the other 5 kages, not as a god. Even Mitsuki, who has insider knowledge through Orochimaru, doesn't know how strong Naruto is.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Looks like you also have a retarded reason for liking Boruto, fantastic. That said, it's not even true; Naruto is perceived by the public as being on par with the other 5 kages, not as a god. Even Mitsuki, who has insider knowledge through Orochimaru, doesn't know how strong Naruto is. Why are you so unpleasant?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why are you so cancerous

NemeBro
Well DBS is pretty bad, so objectively I guess so, but it would be such a minor improvement it wouldn't really matter.

The show's not important enough to think of in this way.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why are you so cancerous Cancerous = Toxic. Toxic = Rude, Bully-ish, **** it I'm tired, can't think of any other words to describe it.

Ya'll need to stop debating in any forum with toxic people in it, you'll be much happier, and you'll be better people.

cdtm
Is this even worse then Eureka Seven, one of the worst animes of all time?

Bentley
DBS and Boruto are irrelevant mangas for fanboys that never learned to leave the sinking ship in time. They are bad mangas for a bad audience.

Ridley_Prime
Well, as long as Carver and cdtm are on that sinking ship together like those two on that one Titanic movie...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.