Darth Maul #5 Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
The comic series started off weak, but I thought the ending was really great.

DarthAnt66
I particularly enjoyed all the afterimages in the artwork. It looks like Maul can physically move his lightsaber at the speed the Inquisitors can with their mechanical blades:

http://i.imgur.com/AAZTEY8.jpg

Here's one example of many.

Zenwolf
Was ok, fight is overblown imo. Kinda felt that Maul shouldn't have needed Bane and company but overall it was ok. I liked his older series a bit better though.

ares834
I felt it was merely yet another mediocre by-the-book SW comic. Not nearly as good as the old Maul comic where he tackles Black Sun. I have to say, Marvel started out great but they've really been dropping the ball lately.

cs_zoltan
Did the padawan beat Maul?

MythLord
Almost, yeah.

Unbowed
Yeah, I saw that "Sidious planned all along" ending a mile away.

That being said this chapter should once and for all establish the fact that Maul was a true Sith and Sidious meant for him to be his successor all along.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ares834
I felt it was merely yet another mediocre by-the-book SW comic. Not nearly as good as the old Maul comic where he tackles Black Sun. I have to say, Marvel started out great but they've really been dropping the ball lately.
thumb up
I have no idea wtf was the point of peddling this bs about maul feeling conflicted and tempted by the light was.
Instead of getting what we were promised, seeing maul struggle as a character, and actually feel conflict we get 4 com,ics of cool action and build up rather than the indepth examination of his charscter and what drives him we were promised/

There was quite literally one scan where we actually see anything regarding conflict to the darkside(him feeling empty after killing her).
As usual people at emore worried about him being a flashy fighter than an actual character.

Cad Bane and co should have never showed up here. The Padawan should have come in as early as the first comic, and we should have seen Maul actually struggle with his focus on the dark.

|King Joker|
Is this comic right before TPM or a few years prior?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Is this comic right before TPM or a few years prior?

Don't think the year is noted anywhere.

YousufKhan1212
This series was a let down, this issue was kind of good because how it showed Maul's mind frame when he fought that Padawan, and the fight was pretty creative.

Darth Abonis
This is why I don't read comics anymore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.