Rita Repulsa vs. MCU Vulture

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Rita has her staff

Who wins

TheVaultDweller
Rita took a backhand from the friggin' Megazord that was hard enough to cause a shockwave on impact and send her flying into space, without even being KO'd. Only reason that took her out is because she froze in the vacuum.

FrothByte
The power rangers even out of their suits were strong enough to probably rival Spiderman. Rita bitchslapped them around. Vulture doesn't stand a chance.

TheVaultDweller
I wouldn't quite put the unsuited Rangers on par with Spiderman. Rita tossing Trini around her room while toying with her (not even hard enough to do any real environmental damage to the room) left her heavily bruised, and training sim Putties were making them bleed. Peter also has better strength feats. With their suits is a different story though.

However, Rita's stats were clearly above theirs. Her durability in particular was cartoon-like. And she can do things like summon an army of Putties to fight for her.

KingD19
Did Vulture have a gold tooth. Or any gold on his rig or his person?

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I wouldn't quite put the unsuited Rangers on par with Spiderman. Rita tossing Trini around her room while toying with her (not even hard enough to do any real environmental damage to the room) left her heavily bruised, and training sim Putties were making them bleed. Peter also has better strength feats. With their suits is a different story though.

However, Rita's stats were clearly above theirs. Her durability in particular was cartoon-like. And she can do things like summon an army of Putties to fight for her.

The rangers were able to jump clear across a cliff which was a further jump than I've ever seen Spiderman do without web assistance. They were also casually breaking stuff around the house (kitchen sink if I'm not mistaken) just by being careless. Then there's this one scene where Billy (?) took a full punch to the face from the school bully without even flinching, and ended up breaking the bully's hand. And Billy didn't even brace himself for that hit. Or at least that's how I remember it.

These are feats that I don't see Spiderman replicating as easily. Spidey can definitely break a kitchen sink, I just don't see him doing it as carelessly as the power rangers did. I also don't think Spiderman can get hurt by a punch from your regular guy, but I doubt he can just stand there and tank it to the face without even flinching. That's like Asgardian-level durability.

KingD19

Keep in mind Rita took on full fledged Rangers and murdered them. So bruising isnt that bad. And the putties are capable of hurting suited Rangers as well so only getting lightly damaged in their base forms is very impressive.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Keep in mind Rita took on full fledged Rangers and murdered them. So bruising isnt that bad. And the putties are capable of hurting suited Rangers as well so only getting lightly damaged in their base forms is very impressive.

Agreed. Alpha was specifically against having unsuited Rangers spar with the sim-putties because he thought they'd be outright killed.

KingD19
And while not 100% in the how they all ended up back home, there is no doubt they all got hit by a train and were okay.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
The rangers were able to jump clear across a cliff which was a further jump than I've ever seen Spiderman do without web assistance. They were also casually breaking stuff around the house (kitchen sink if I'm not mistaken) just by being careless. Then there's this one scene where Billy (?) took a full punch to the face from the school bully without even flinching, and ended up breaking the bully's hand. And Billy didn't even brace himself for that hit. Or at least that's how I remember it.

These are feats that I don't see Spiderman replicating as easily. Spidey can definitely break a kitchen sink, I just don't see him doing it as carelessly as the power rangers did. I also don't think Spiderman can get hurt by a punch from your regular guy, but I doubt he can just stand there and tank it to the face without even flinching. That's like Asgardian-level durability.

Peter was destroying stuff by accident in his yard run from Homecoming. I could definitely see him breaking similar things while careless. Whereas I have a hard time seeing a Ranger catch a speeding minivan or a falling jet bridge. The chasm jump is probably their most impressive unsuited strength feat.

It was a headbutt actually. And Luke Cage has done similar. Yet he isn't as strong as Spiderman, and probably isn't as durable against blunt force impacts as Spiderman is either (based on the Shocker hits, plane crash etc.). So, I don't see how that qualifies as Asgardian level. Unless you are trying to compare a headbutt from some random bully to a headbutt from Iron Man.

Rita wasn't even trying. And, again, they barely scratched a room wall. One Putty hit Zack hard enough that he literally coughed up blood. That's not light damage. We've seen Super Soldiers take comparable hits without taking damage.

However, it does suggest that the Rangers have a healing factor though, seeing as they recovered from the injuries fairly quickly.

Agreed. Alpha was specifically against having unsuited Rangers spar with the sim-putties because he thought they'd be outright killed.

Actually, all he said is that it would be really painful. I don't recall him saying anything about them being outright killed.

I would personally put unsuited Ranger strength somewhere between Spiderman and Super Soldier, and their unsuited durability at about Super Soldier level. However, suited up both their strength and durability seems to take a notable amp (based on how much easier they could go through the Putties), as well as being able to do things like turn bits of armour into weapons (like Jason turning his arm into a blade during the big Putty fight). But, as I mentioned, Rita was easily above them.

And even if they aren't all exactly on Spiderman-level across the board, without suits, they are powerful enough that beating all of them at once is actually better than beating Homecoming Spiderman IMO, because Homecoming Spiderman has great stats, but fought terribly, whereas the Rangers quickly developed solid fighting skill, and also practiced fighting as a team during the Putty training.

Either way, Rita would destroy Vulture. At best, he can remain airborne for a while to prolong the inevitable.

TheVaultDweller
Hmmm... actually just re-watched the fight against her and the unsuited Rangers. Vulture might be even more screwed than I thought. At the end of the fight, she releases some kind of energy wave that shuts down all the lights. If that attack is some kind of EMP, things are going to go south very, very quickly for Toomes.

h1a8
You can't judge The Rangers durability based off The putties. They have no outside consistent feats.

Jumping that chasm easily puts them in range of Spider-man's strength.
I don't not see Peter breaking things as easily as the Rangers. They had to be using less than 1/100th of their strength. ASM is superior though. He carelessly broke a train support pole. That takes more than a ton of force to do. And he used a tiny fraction of his strength to do it.

FrothByte
Peter was destroying stuff by accident in his yard run from Homecoming. I could definitely see him breaking similar things while careless. Whereas I have a hard time seeing a Ranger catch a speeding minivan or a falling jet bridge. The chasm jump is probably their most impressive unsuited strength feat.

It was a headbutt actually. And Luke Cage has done similar. Yet he isn't as strong as Spiderman, and probably isn't as durable against blunt force impacts as Spiderman is either (based on the Shocker hits, plane crash etc.). So, I don't see how that qualifies as Asgardian level. Unless you are trying to compare a headbutt from some random bully to a headbutt from Iron Man.

Rita wasn't even trying. And, again, they barely scratched a room wall. One Putty hit Zack hard enough that he literally coughed up blood. That's not light damage. We've seen Super Soldiers take comparable hits without taking damage.

However, it does suggest that the Rangers have a healing factor though, seeing as they recovered from the injuries fairly quickly.

Actually, all he said is that it would be really painful. I don't recall him saying anything about them being outright killed.

I would personally put unsuited Ranger strength somewhere between Spiderman and Super Soldier, and their unsuited durability at about Super Soldier level. However, suited up both their strength and durability seems to take a notable amp (based on how much easier they could go through the Putties), as well as being able to do things like turn bits of armour into weapons (like Jason turning his arm into a blade during the big Putty fight). But, as I mentioned, Rita was easily above them.

And even if they aren't all exactly on Spiderman-level across the board, without suits, they are powerful enough that beating all of them at once is actually better than beating Homecoming Spiderman IMO, because Homecoming Spiderman has great stats, but fought terribly, whereas the Rangers quickly developed solid fighting skill, and also practiced fighting as a team during the Putty training.

Either way, Rita would destroy Vulture. At best, he can remain airborne for a while to prolong the inevitable.

Spiderman was in full pursuit when he was running around in the yard. Yes he was breaking stuff but he had a lot of momentum and energy going for him. The rangers were breaking stuff just by clumsily moving around in the bathroom. No running. No momentum. No jumping up and down and crashing into things with their full body weight.

So you really think Peter is tough enough to take a full head-butt to the face and not even flinch? I guess we can consider this more durability than strength. Still, it's a feat that I just don't see Spiderman doing with such ease. If this was the case he wouldn't have bothered ducking the punches those bank robbers were throwing at him.

Pretty sure Alpha was vehemently opposed to letting the rangers practice with the sim-putties without suits, but I will need to rewatch the movie (which I don't have a copy of) to get the proper wording.

TheVaultDweller
Spiderman was in full pursuit when he was running around in the yard. Yes he was breaking stuff but he had a lot of momentum and energy going for him. The rangers were breaking stuff just by clumsily moving around in the bathroom. No running. No momentum. No jumping up and down and crashing into things with their full body weight.

So you really think Peter is tough enough to take a full head-butt to the face and not even flinch? I guess we can consider this more durability than strength. Still, it's a feat that I just don't see Spiderman doing with such ease. If this was the case he wouldn't have bothered ducking the punches those bank robbers were throwing at him.

We don't know how Peter would do in those situations, as he has not been in them onscreen. What we do know is that his higher strength and durability feats are quite a bit better than theirs. Maybe the Rangers can match those feats, but maybe they can't either.

Pretty sure Alpha was vehemently opposed to letting the rangers practice with the sim-putties without suits, but I will need to rewatch the movie (which I don't have a copy of) to get the proper wording.

I only recently watched it, so it's still fresh in my mind. His literal words to Zordon were, "Without armour? Sir, that will be very painful." He was against it, but he made no indication that he was fearing for their lives.

Again, like I said, while I personally don't see them as quite on par with Spidey, stat-wise (at least without their suits), they aren't that far off. And they are all better fighters than him IMO. So, as previously mentioned, stomping all five of them at once is more impressive than beating a clumsy Spiderman who wasn't even trying to really hurt Toomes.

FrothByte
We don't know how Peter would do in those situations, as he has not been in them onscreen. What we do know is that his higher strength and durability feats are quite a bit better than theirs. Maybe the Rangers can match those feats, but maybe they can't either.

If this is our logic for this comparison, then we might as well say that the rangers could probably have caught a car... they just never were in a place to do it so we can't tell.

Spiderman has no durability feat that I know of that equals the power rangers getting hit by a train and escaping without a scratch or bruise on their bodies.

Spiderman has no jumping feat that can match the strength of their cliff jump.

TheVaultDweller
If this is our logic for this comparison, then we might as well say that the rangers could probably have caught a car... they just never were in a place to do it so we can't tell.

Spiderman has no durability feat that I know of that equals the power rangers getting hit by a train and escaping without a scratch or bruise on their bodies.

Spiderman has no jumping feat that can match the strength of their cliff jump.

Except catching a falling 27 ton jet bridge >>>>> breaking stuff around the house.

And the train feat is something I am a bit iffy on, as we don't actually see the whole thing. Clearly there was more going on than what we were shown, or they wouldn't have magically all ended up in their own beds without explanation. And Jason did in fact have visible scratches and bruises when he woke up (scratch on his right shoulder and bruising on the left side of his ribs).

And it's not as far as the chasm leap, but Spiderman leaped what looked to be probably about 40+ feet, from the top of the Washington Monument, over the helicopter that was flying there, and without any run-up at all. Literally all he did was kick off with his legs.

FrothByte
Except catching a falling 27 ton jet bridge >>>>> breaking stuff around the house.

And the train feat is something I am a bit iffy on, as we don't actually see the whole thing. Clearly there was more going on than what we were shown, or they wouldn't have magically all ended up in their own beds without explanation. And Jason did in fact have visible scratches and bruises when he woke up (scratch on his right shoulder and bruising on the left side of his ribs).

And it's not as far as the chasm leap, but Spiderman leaped what looked to be probably about 40+ feet, from the top of the Washington Monument, over the helicopter that was flying there, and without any run-up at all. Literally all he did was kick off with his legs.

Catching and clearly struggling with a jet bridge may or may not be > than breaking a sink by simply putting your hand on it (damn I really need youtube vids of this - memory is a bit iffy). That Jet bridge was also not completely broken from its supports, which means Spiderman wasn't holding up the entire weight by himself.

IIRC, he used his web wings on the helicopter leap.

TheVaultDweller
Catching and clearly struggling with a jet bridge may or may not be > than breaking a sink by simply putting your hand on it (damn I really need youtube vids of this - memory is a bit iffy). That Jet bridge was also not completely broken from its supports, which means Spiderman wasn't holding up the entire weight by himself.

IIRC, he used his web wings on the helicopter leap.

The bridge dropped uniformly. And I can post actual calcs for how much strength the jet bridge feat would have required. As well as the minivan stop. And then there is also the feat of temporarily holding the ferry together after his webs snapped. If you can find calcs for the sink feat we can compare. And Jason didn't just put his hand on it. He swung his arm down, which caught the edge of the bathroom sink and broke it. He still operated the taps with his normal grip without breaking or bending anything.

And Spiderman only opened his webwings when he was well into the jump, and had already covered the vast majority of the distance. You can even see it in some of the trailers.

KingD19
Spidey also said he could stop a bus. He seems to have comic Spidey's problem of subconsciously holding back a whole lot.

If he operated at his ferry scene/rubble scene levels all the time, he'd be unfair.

TheVaultDweller
Anyway, I will be the first to admit I am speculating. The Rangers don't have enough unsuited feats to give us a clear picture either way. I am just going based on available info. But hey, I might very well be wrong. Maybe the Rangers can catch and toss cars around, or even buses. If they can, then I will happily admit that I underestimated them. And there is actually a good chance this could get a sequel. Even though it didn't do too well at the box office, it's apparently doing very well in terms of home/DVD sales, as well as merchandise sales.

And, again, the bottom line is that Rita > the other Rangers, and would tear Vulture a new *******. I am actually curious what others think of the following. At around the 1:20 mark, does that look like some kind of EM pulse, or did she simply blow the lights out?

9UjzKVnjPT4

If it is an EM, it could mean that this fight is very short.

KingD19
Her shockwave definitely caused an EMP. Those were lightbulbs in the background, and they didn't pop. They just winked out. And all the power went out at the same time.

It might have been unintentional, but it looks like a pulse wave to me.

TheVaultDweller
Spidey also said he could stop a bus. He seems to have comic Spidey's problem of subconsciously holding back a whole lot.

Well, his reaction to Instant Kill made it obvious that, if nothing else, he seems genuinely terrified of seriously hurting/killing anyone.

But yeah, wouldn't surprise me if he subconsciously holds back.

KingD19
Consider the ATM robbery. Notice the goons kept getting back up, despite him hitting them fairly hard it seems. What if he'd hit them as hard as he hit Ant-Man(because he knew it was okay to give a little extra against someone 30 feet tall). Or what if he'd thought Vulture was a robot and didn't hold back?

TheVaultDweller
Her shockwave definitely caused an EMP. Those were lightbulbs in the background, and they didn't pop. They just winked out. And all the power went out at the same time.

It might have been unintentional, but it looks like a pulse wave to me.

And what's more, it really highlights how far above them she is. I mean it took her, what, 15 seconds or so to stomp all 5 of them?

TheVaultDweller
Consider the ATM robbery. Notice the goons kept getting back up, despite him hitting them fairly hard it seems. What if he'd hit them as hard as he hit Ant-Man(because he knew it was okay to give a little extra against someone 30 feet tall). Or what if he'd thought Vulture was a robot and didn't hold back?

Did he ever actually hit them directly though? From what I can recall, it was more webbing, and like swinging their fists into each other and such? During the ferry fight scene, he even apologised to the one thug when he swung them into the one railing too hard, so he was clearly making a conscious effort not to seriously hurt anyone.

But yeah, imagine if he had to kick a normal human as hard as he kicked Giant Man. He would have splattered them.

KingD19
And what's more, it really highlights how far above them she is. I mean it took her, what, 15 seconds or so to stomp all 5 of them?

She beat them like naughty stepchildren. I'm not sure if it was because she was already the Green Ranger(if that was even her Ranger form), or because her species is just that strong.

And he did hit one of them. He flipped over and kicked him into the glass. It was a light tap though, but it still sent him flying and cracked safety glass. He wasn't KO'd though until the other one used the gravity gan to launch Spidey into him.

TheVaultDweller
And he did hit one of them. He flipped over and kicked him into the glass. It was a light tap though, but it still sent him flying and cracked safety glass. He wasn't KO'd though until the other one used the gravity gan to launch Spidey into him.

Maybe he was a Hell's Kitchen thug from Daredevil. Those guys get smashed through solid doors, clocked in the head with microwaves, flung down stairwells etc. and get up for more within seconds. big grin

But seriously though, I do feel that the movie made it clear that Spidey was seriously holding back when fighting people. As I mentioned previously, when he flung the one guy into the railing on the ferry (hard enough to bend the rail somewhat IIRC), he actually apologised to the guy for throwing him too hard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.