Goku vs Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



cdtm
Manga Goku vs anime Goku.

Who wins?

carver9
Guess you seen the YouTube of this. Per that vid, it got everything on point and anime Goku wins. Also, that vid proves that base Anime Goku currently is>>>his red God form.

cdtm
I didn't see the vid yet, didn't even know there was one. But thanks for the heads up thumb up

I mostly agree, but manga has one big thing the anime doesn't: Destruction.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Manga wins. thumb up

Ursumeles
Manga.

NewGuy01
As usual, the wonky anime power scaling probably puts the bar higher in general, but manga Goku is certainly more powerful relative to his own verse. As in, he's closer to Manga Beerus in power than Anime Goku is to Anime Beerus.

cdtm
Originally posted by NewGuy01
As usual, the wonky anime power scaling probably puts the bar higher in general, but manga Goku is certainly more powerful relative to his own verse. As in, he's closer to Manga Beerus in power than Anime Goku is to Anime Beerus.

What in the world are they going to do when Freeza gets drafted? Having him trap Goku in destruction energy won't work if he's already using the stuff.

carver9
https://youtu.be/31DC7quEm8M

On point.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by cdtm
What in the world are they going to do when Freeza gets drafted? Having him trap Goku in destruction energy won't work if he's already using the stuff.

For one thing, Frieza may not even be drafted in the manga version. We don't know how the manga will diverge from the anime from here on out... Also, it doesn't seem like "destruction energy" is actually a thing in the manga... The way I see it, "Hakai" is just a powerful ki-based attack that any sufficiently powerful fighter could learn in the manga, whereas in the anime it seems like something uniquely granted to Gods of Destruction.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, even in the manga, hakai is unique. It wouldn't be able to erase merged zamasu otherwise.

NewGuy01
The fact that the technique has unique properties doesn't mean it requires a special kind of ki. Hell, we know it doesn't, because Goku can use it without being a God of Destruction. I doubt he'll ever be able to in the anime, though, unless the energy of destruction is granted to him.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I can agree with that.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, even in the manga, hakai is unique. It wouldn't be able to erase merged zamasu otherwise.

Actually, apparently it can't in the manga, lol. Beerus says he can't destroy immortal beings. Which is strange, because Zamasu seemed to be afraid of being hit by it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.