Mary Marvel vs.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zopzop
How does Mary do vs the following High Metas from the Marvel Universe? This is pre DCNu Mary. This isn't a gauntlet and it's in no particular order.

1) Wonderman
2) Captain Marvel (Carol can't go Binary)
3) Thing
4) Namor
5) Colossus
6) Human Torch
7) Rulk

Everyone is fighting in character but fighting to win. Can she get a majority against any of these guys/gals?

abhilegend
Order is wrong. Simon would stop her at normal level.

Flyattractor
What is "normal level" for W-Man?

And which RULK we talking about?

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Order is wrong. Simon would stop her at normal level.
It's in no particular order, read the OP! smile
Originally posted by Flyattractor
What is "normal level" for W-Man?

And which RULK we talking about?
This is current RULK, no Loebforce.

Flyattractor
Rulk would be so much cooler if they would just let him show off that Thunderbolt Man-Stache! The More Soup He Strains the more POWERFUL HE BECOMES!

zopzop
BUMP.

beatboks
Simon would take her. Carol and Namor have a smal chance if they fight smart and play it right. Unless it's colosonaught no one else should

zopzop
Originally posted by beatboks
Simon would take her. Carol and Namor have a smal chance if they fight smart and play it right. Unless it's colosonaught no one else should
How would Simon take her but not Namor? Namor's tooled Simon in a fight (Simon had backup too) and Namor's feats > Simon's feats by far.

beatboks
Originally posted by zopzop
How would Simon take her but not Namor? Namor's tooled Simon in a fight (Simon had backup too) and Namor's feats > Simon's feats by far.

1.disagree that namor has feats greater than Simon's by far completely. At their peak feats are actually on a par.
Namor does have more, but he also has a shitload more appearances so the percentage of is high end feats is actually lower than Simon's. the percentage of his low end feats whoever is also much higher than Simon's because he has a lot more low end feat's too. This is exactly why I said he has a chance if he fights smart because when he fights smart he faces High tiars without a problem the thing is that namor doesn't have the same level of durability as simon and this is why for the majority I don't think he would take it Simon probably takes it 6 out of 10 namor if he fights well also 6 out of 10 but based on his overall average it's more like 4.

Flyattractor
SO just where does Rulk Rank on the Hulk Scale with out his Power Grab/LoebForce Cheat?

Sin I AM
1.disagree that namor has feats greater than Simon's by far completely. At their peak feats are actually on a par.
Namor does have more, but he also has a shitload more appearances so the percentage of is high end feats is actually lower than Simon's. the percentage of his low end feats whoever is also much higher than Simon's because he has a lot more low end feat's too. This is exactly why I said he has a chance if he fights smart because when he fights smart he faces High tiars without a problem the thing is that namor doesn't have the same level of durability as simon and this is why for the majority I don't think he would take it Simon probably takes it 6 out of 10 namor if he fights well also 6 out of 10 but based on his overall average it's more like 4.

Simon gets hated on more too for some reason

Steve Zodiac
Simon would smash her. To actually kill Simon takes more than a nega bomb, you need to drive him through a planet and into a sun. He is that durable!

beatboks
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Simon gets hated on more too for some reason

I think it's more ambivalence than actual hate. As a fan of the early wesy coast Avengers where Simon was the heavy hitter of the team he got some decent cred in that series. In many others he's the also ran behind some bigger name that can do what he can and some.

DarkSaint85
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/12397/1460035-764546_4da9x8.jpg_super.jpeg

Oh Simon.....

Steve Zodiac
I think it's more ambivalence than actual hate. As a fan of the early wesy coast Avengers where Simon was the heavy hitter of the team he got some decent cred in that series. In many others he's the also ran behind some bigger name that can do what he can and some.

This is true he did, tbh, I hated a lot of West Coast Avengers and felt apart from the first mini with Graviton, the John Byrne retcon stuff etc. It was pretty poor.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/12397/1460035-764546_4da9x8.jpg_super.jpeg

Oh Simon..... Terrible writing.

DarkSaint85
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/herculesares10.jpg

beatboks
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
This is true he did, tbh, I hated a lot of West Coast Avengers and felt apart from the first mini with Graviton, the John Byrne retcon stuff etc. It was pretty poor.

I liked it because Simon bevame interesting and Pym was finally a character worth reading. I kikes mockingbird (even if some of her interaction with Clint was shite)

DarkSaint85
I kikes mockingbird (even if some of her interaction with Clint was shite)

This Aussie racist.

leonidas
1) Wonderman--no
2) Captain Marvel (Carol can't go Binary)--maybe. i wanna say split
3) Thing--yes
4) Namor--no
5) Colossus--yes
6) Human Torch--yes
7) Rulk--no

she's a solid high meta imo, with very good speed and some good durability showings. like all the marvel family, she could be so much more. /shrug

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This Aussie racist.
LOL!
Originally posted by leonidas
1) Wonderman--no
2) Captain Marvel (Carol can't go Binary)--maybe. i wanna say split
3) Thing--yes
4) Namor--no
5) Colossus--yes
6) Human Torch--yes
7) Rulk--no

she's a solid high meta imo, with very good speed and some good durability showings. like all the marvel family, she could be so much more. /shrug
Some interesting answers there. Leo, quick question, why do you have Mary losing to Simon but beating Ben? Ben and Simon tussled twice and both times Ben won or at least had the upper hand. Yes Simon was mindcontrolled in one of them but Simon had active help from Xemu and Ben was holding back not wanting to hurt Simon.

So if she's not beating Simon, she's not beating Ben. Colossus is in Simon and Ben's class. So if she's not beating them, she's not beating him.

The only person she has a slight chance here against, IMHO, is Carol non Binary. Torch would kill her.

abhilegend
Simon is stronger than Ben. Ben was struggling to lift the dumbbells Simon practice with who later lifted the dumbbell with one hand.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/24487/462788-wondythingstrength1cr.jpg

Surtur
If Wonder Man can defeat her she truly must be nowhere near the power levels of Captain Marvel.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Simon is stronger than Ben. Ben was struggling to lift the dumbbells Simon practice with who later lifted the dumbbell with one hand.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/24487/462788-wondythingstrength1cr.jpg
Yes, I'm aware of that scan. Ben was tooling Simon so bad that Xemu had to step in and help. And they were STILL losing. All the while Ben was holding back and didn't want to hurt Simon.

This isn't the first time they fought. The other time they fought it was the same thing. Ben holding back in fear of hurting Simon and Ben was still getting the better of Simon.

h1a8
I don't understand the Mary hate here. Is this Mary with CM sharing power with her? Or does she have the entire power of Shazam to herself?

If the later then she stomps every one of them.
If the former then she can still beat most because of the speed advantage.

Flyattractor
Its called Sexism B1....

h1a8
Yes, I'm aware of that scan. Ben was tooling Simon so bad that Xemu had to step in and help. And they were STILL losing. All the while Ben was holding back and didn't want to hurt Simon.

This isn't the first time they fought. The other time they fought it was the same thing. Ben holding back in fear of hurting Simon and Ben was still getting the better of Simon. That shows you how inconsistent comics are. You can literally pick and choose showings to make a case for anything really.

Thing is a consistent 100 tonner. It's been well documented in comics, on multiple occasions, his approximate lifting max.

So if he beats anyone who is considered high class 100 then it's a low showing for them. Not a high showing for Ben.

Simon threw a tank at professor Hulk and it broke into pieces. This is at least a 400 ton feat. Simon has feats of lifting things over 100 tons which validates his strength. There is no way Thing is supposed to compete with him. I would say Simon is in the 300-500 ton range.
Namor is in the 150-300 ton range.
Thing is in the 100-200 ton range.
Colossus is in the 100-200 ton range

leonidas
LOL!

Some interesting answers there. Leo, quick question, why do you have Mary losing to Simon but beating Ben? Ben and Simon tussled twice and both times Ben won or at least had the upper hand. Yes Simon was mindcontrolled in one of them but Simon had active help from Xemu and Ben was holding back not wanting to hurt Simon.

So if she's not beating Simon, she's not beating Ben. Colossus is in Simon and Ben's class. So if she's not beating them, she's not beating him.

The only person she has a slight chance here against, IMHO, is Carol non Binary. Torch would kill her.

i do think simon is stronger than ben, for sure in his energy form. not WAY stronger, but stronger. and he can fly. ben is just too limited. and a majority can still be close...

i put pete below both simon and ben, but again, it's close. flight and speed are able to better be handled by simon. but like i said, no one is sweeping and all the fights would be pretty close and brutal by the end. you listed a bunch of guys who are all really close in power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.