Lemonade-gate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/07/21/an-adorable-5-year-old-sets-up-a-lemonade-stand-then-she-was-fined-200/?utm_term=.ede925ce7568

It's easy to blame the officers for this, but the father was clearly there with her, and the timing is kind of suspect (Did the savy little girl decide to sell lemonade on the day of an event all by herself?), not to mention the guy is a professor at a business school, so have to wonder if there's more to this story.

Maybe the guy was using his daughter to make a few extra bucks?

Bashar Teg
thought this was about something else.

Emperordmb
Yeah when I saw the title I thought this was a report on Trump getting more lemonade than someone else at his luncheon or something.

carthage
Thank god we have the government to protect us from diabolical children and their lemonade stands.

cdtm
Originally posted by carthage
Thank god we have the government to protect us from diabolical children and their lemonade stands.

To be fair, this is the UK.

Pretty sure they don't even pretend to place liberty as a priority.

Flyattractor
Now there would be no Prob with this if the Little Girl had simply been more Leftist BUSINESS like and done it properly....like this Little Girl...

23ZRWypu6lI

Originally posted by cdtm
To be fair, this is the UK.

Pretty sure they don't even pretend to place liberty as a priority.

Well to be fair We here in the U.S did the whole LIBERTY thing first so it is probably safe to say the Brits just don't want to look like they are coping us...

Surtur
This is why I love the UK. If, for example, you had a person who was just the embodiment of America and they existed...they'd see the UK as their Duff.

Thank you for reminding me it's not just America that has gone crazy.

jaden101
More bullshit Americanisation. I'm glad she got shut down.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden101

#Misogyny
#I'mWithHer
#ResponsesMadeSolelyUpOfHashtags

Bashar Teg
#nuthugging
#palseeking

Beniboybling
Originally posted by jaden101
thumb up If she wants to sell sour juice in the streets, she can hop over the pond. uhuh

And Miles End? Really? no

That said, if this were America, she might have gotten shot. sick

Surtur
Originally posted by Beniboybling
thumb up If she wants to sell sour juice in the streets, she can hop over the pond. uhuh

And Miles End? Really? no

That said, if this were America, she might have gotten shot. sick

In America she'd have a higher chance of getting killed by some gang banging thug than a cop.

socool8520
Well, the law is the law. lol It's messed up but there are rules. This type of thing has happened in America as well. I remember reading a story about a girl's cookie operation getting shutdown for no licensing and such.

Of course anytime America is brought up, it has to be about guns.

Bentley
Obviously she would've been selling Lemonade in France, but Brexit happened.

Surtur
Originally posted by socool8520
Of course anytime America is brought up, it has to be about guns.

Seems like it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.