Which movie will be better: Justice League vs. Avengers: Infinity War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
After the Leaked Infinity war trailer and 3 Justice League trailers, which movie are you more hyped to see in the coming months?

John Murdoch
Even though I plan on seeing Justice League and am pretty hyped for it, Infinity War is the culmination of everything the MCU has done to date. It'll be Avengers 1, except with the original Avengers + GotG + Dr. Strange + Black Panther + Spider-Man. The Russo Bros. are proven, and it won't be anything less than the most epic superhero movie ever over Kevin Feige's dead body. Infinity War 1000/1000.

playa1258
More hyped to see JL because it's closer to getting released.

Avengers has a better shot at being better.

Mindset
Definitely Avengers.

Patient_Leech
Well seeing as Justice League looks like utter garbage that I barely give two shits about, I hope to allah and his prophet Muhammad Infinity Wars will be better.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Mindset
Definitely Avengers.

StiltmanFTW
Golgo didn't vote?

Inhuman
Based off the trailers and history of the characters portrayals and films, Ragnarok looks way more appealing than JL, let alone Infinity War.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Inhuman
Based off the trailers and history of the characters portrayals and films, Ragnarok looks way more appealing than JL, let alone Infinity War.

thumb up

Darth Thor

Yeah

And only 6months between them. Can't wait.

BruceSkywalker
why is this even a question.... Justice League prolly won;t make a lot of money given the fact that they will reboot with the Flashpoint film.. Thor: Ragnarok loks freaking awesome wil do wonders..

Infinity War is going to be much better than Justice League and prolly make more money

-Pr-

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if JL is better than Ragnarok at all.

Avengers should be better than either, though.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
why is this even a question.... Justice League prolly won;t make a lot of money given the fact that they will reboot with the Flashpoint film.. Thor: Ragnarok loks freaking awesome wil do wonders..

Infinity War is going to be much better than Justice League and prolly make more money

How many people even know what Flashpoint is? JL will do fine.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if JL is better than Ragnarok at all.

Avengers should be better than either, though.

How many people even know what Flashpoint is? JL will do fine.

well if your a troll like Zack then there is one.. People do watch the Flash tv show so there is some more there. I can go on if you want....

-Pr-
well if your a troll like Zack then there is one.. People do watch the Flash tv show so there is some more there. I can go on if you want....

Far more people would go to the cinema to watch JL than would watch the TV show. I really doubt knowing the title of a movie is going to dissuade anyone.

It honestly sounds like you want it to fail.

BruceSkywalker
Far more people would go to the cinema to watch JL than would watch the TV show. I really doubt knowing the title of a movie is going to dissuade anyone.

oh but it can and quite possibly will,, you do remember when smallville was still on the air and WB foolishly rebooted Superman which Brandon Routh as Kal/Supes, a plethora of people liked Welling and chose not to see Superman Returns, that is an undeniable fact.. fast forward to the present day where people love Grant Gustin as the Flash so by the time Ezra Miller's solo film comes out people might not see.. there is nothing with saying that, it could happen. No one knows how well or bad these films are going to do.. I have every damn f&cking right to say what I have said and Zack or anyone else isn;t going to prevent that. Also can I assume you have read Flashpoint or seen the animated film?? or you gonna pull a Zack on that.. hahahazhahazha..

-Pr-
oh but it can and quite possibly will,, you do remember when smallville was still on the air and WB foolishly rebooted Superman which Brandon Routh as Kal/Supes, a plethora of people liked Welling and chose not to see Superman Returns, that is an undeniable fact.. fast forward to the present day where people love Grant Gustin as the Flash so by the time Ezra Miller's solo film comes out people might not see.. there is nothing with saying that, it could happen. No one knows how well or bad these films are going to do.. I have every damn f&cking right to say what I have said and Zack or anyone else isn;t going to prevent that. Also can I assume you have read Flashpoint or seen the animated film?? or you gonna pull a Zack on that.. hahahazhahazha..

It wasn't that many people re: Smallville and refusing to see Returns. I'm sure there were some, sure, but it wasn't the primary reason Returns wasn't the success it could have been. And to be fair, it's not really the same thing.

I'm not telling you what to say, I just think it's an unrealistic stance.

I've read the comic and seen the movie, yes. And I know full well that it could be as inaccurate as calling a movie "Ragnarok" without actually having the actual Ragnarok. I expect at least one or two things to be changed, but wholesale changes to the universe? Not really.

Darth Thor

True but it may be a sign that WB know they've screwed up and need to make some changes.

Adam Grimes
Definitely Avengers. thumb up

Now shut up.

Surtur
On the other hand...one might wonder how shoving so many different heroes and teams into a movie will effect the Avengers movie.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Thor
True but it may be a sign that WB know they've screwed up and need to make some changes.

I expect some retcons. I just don't think it will do much damage to the actual ticket sales beforehand.

Darth Thor
I expect some retcons. I just don't think it will do much damage to the actual ticket sales beforehand.

Oh yeah definitely not. Your general audience has no idea what Flashpoint is. Nor do they even know much about the Flash solo film.

StiltmanFTW
Lol, Golgo voted!

Arachnid1
Definitely Avengers.

Khazra Reborn
Marvel's track record is much better, and the Russo bros are the best action directors working today.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Lol, Golgo voted!

laughing out loud

2votes.

Golgo has a Sock account

Inhuman
Since Golgo cares about nonsense numbers

http://i.imgur.com/bd676q4.png

Adam Grimes
Lol you didn't watch JL's trailer?

Inhuman
I did

BruceSkywalker
It wasn't that many people re: Smallville and refusing to see Returns. I'm sure there were some, sure, but it wasn't the primary reason Returns wasn't the success it could have been. And to be fair, it's not really the same thing.

I'm not telling you what to say, I just think it's an unrealistic stance.

I've read the comic and seen the movie, yes. And I know full well that it could be as inaccurate as calling a movie "Ragnarok" without actually having the actual Ragnarok. I expect at least one or two things to be changed, but wholesale changes to the universe? Not really.

the thing is it is clearly a sign that WB is going to quickly reboot.... when i said a few months ago the solo flash film would be flashpoint i was just joking around but now that it's happening WB could be trouble... They will use it to introduce a younger Bruce Wayne thus keeping Dick Grayson Nightwing most likely.. Diana will stay the same.. everyone else not sure yet.. Changes are coming to the DCEU real quick and it is not a good sign. I predict changes to WB sometime soon..

ares834
How is this even a question?

Definitely Avengers.

Thor looks to better than either though.

abhilegend
Definitely Justice League.

thumb up

marwash22
based on history, I'll say Infinity War will be the better movie.

Although i may actually enjoy Justice League more due to being a bigger DC comics fan and this being the first time the league will appear onscreen.

abhilegend
It will be better because marvel formula for making films is just boring at this point.

-Pr-
the thing is it is clearly a sign that WB is going to quickly reboot.... when i said a few months ago the solo flash film would be flashpoint i was just joking around but now that it's happening WB could be trouble... They will use it to introduce a younger Bruce Wayne thus keeping Dick Grayson Nightwing most likely.. Diana will stay the same.. everyone else not sure yet.. Changes are coming to the DCEU real quick and it is not a good sign. I predict changes to WB sometime soon..

Whether I agree with any of that or not, it's not what we were talking about. You really, honestly think that them possibly rebooting, or not having Gustin (who, to be fair isn't exactly amazing either) as Flash will hurt the bottom line of upcoming DC movies?

Firefly218
After going through the Joss Whedon filter, I think Snyder's JL will be infinitely better. If this Justice League knocks it out of the park, DCEU is back in business.

That said, definitely Avengers

TheVaultDweller
I voted for Avengers because I have more faith in the Russos than either Whedon or Snyder. Snyder has not exactly delivered for DC so far, in terms of quality, and I was not the biggest fan of Age of Ultron.

Zack M
Since Golgo cares about nonsense numbers

http://i.imgur.com/bd676q4.png

JL is still the most watched trailer at comic-con, with 53 million plus views across Youtube and Facebook. That WONDER WOMAN effect. LOL! big grin

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
It will be better because marvel formula for making films is just boring at this point. DCEU has yet to make a good film.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zack M
JL is still the most watched trailer at comic-con, with 53 million plus views across Youtube and Facebook. That WONDER WOMAN effect. LOL! big grin

Lol You were against a Wonder Woman solo film pre-JL.

Walk of Shame Golgo. Walk of Shame.

thumb up

Oh and there's the second vote.

Kazenji
Avengers

still cautious about the Justice League movie, could go either way.

marwash22
DCEU has yet to make a good film. you didn't like Wondy?

abhilegend

Is there a problem that I broke the circlejerk?

Khazra Reborn
objectively Marvel has better movies as a whole, assuming they're biggest project yet with the two best directors they have, will be better than a movie with a lot of production issues in a universe with a spotty track record at best, doesn't exactly make this a circlejerk.

ares834
"Objectively"? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zack M

laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
objectively Marvel has better movies as a whole, assuming they're biggest project yet with the two best directors they have, will be better than a movie with a lot of production issues in a universe with a spotty track record at best, doesn't exactly make this a circlejerk.
Objectively? The only good movies in MCU are WS and Iron Man and maybe GOTG. The rest are boring formulaic shit. They are just copy/pasting characters from one plot to other.

See Dr Strange/Iron Man. Literally copy/pasting entire movie in terms of characters.

The less you talk about TDW, Iron Man 3, Thor 1 or AOU the better.

Inhuman
Describe in detail what the "MCU formula" is, other than it being just a buzzword you heard online that want to use un-cleverly.

You used one example of characters that have similar origins that were taken from the comics what else.

StiltmanFTW

thumb up

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

BruceSkywalker
Justice League ain't got sh$t on Infinity War

playa1258
I'm more excited for JL personally.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by playa1258
I'm more excited for JL personally.

No one cares... you're a Marvel hater

laughing laughing laughing laughing

playa1258
I don't hate Marvel.

Mindset
Originally posted by marwash22
you didn't like Wondy? Didn't even bother to go see it.

tkitna
Didn't even bother to go see it.

It was the best that WB/DC has put out and it was still only alright.

Khazra Reborn
Objectively? The only good movies in MCU are WS and Iron Man and maybe GOTG. The rest are boring formulaic shit. They are just copy/pasting characters from one plot to other.

See Dr Strange/Iron Man. Literally copy/pasting entire movie in terms of characters.

The less you talk about TDW, Iron Man 3, Thor 1 or AOU the better.

Ok, so playing devil's advocate, what DC movies give you faith that JLA will be better than either of the two movies by the Russos? Because IMO CW and TWS were on a completely different level than either MoS or BvS.

Originally posted by tkitna
It was the best that WB/DC has put out and it was still only alright.

Agreed. thumb up

Incredibly over rated IMO, average at best. I personally, preferred MoS though.

playa1258
If JL does end up being better, will Marvel fans ever be able to admit it?

-Pr-

It was great, imo.

Adam Grimes
The same way you don't admit to being a Marvel hater?

playa1258
Because I'm not a Marvel hater.

BruceSkywalker
I don't hate Marvel.

Because I'm not a Marvel hater.

yes you are..

laughing laughing laughing laughing

playa1258
I will say this. I favor Star Wars, DC over Marvel.

Marvel is third for me.

Adam Grimes
Looks like I set you up on the right path my friend.

abhilegend
Describe in detail what the "MCU formula" is, other than it being just a buzzword you heard online that want to use un-cleverly.

You used one example of characters that have similar origins that were taken from the comics what else.
Oh look, it's the same guy who just keeps repeating how bad every DC movie is. Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Ok, so playing devil's advocate, what DC movies give you faith that JLA will be better than either of the two movies by the Russos? Because IMO CW and TWS were on a completely different level than either MoS or BvS.

Agreed. thumb up

Winter Soldier is better than every DCEU movie. That's an exceptional movie and lightning in bottle though.

CW? Don't make me laugh. What was even the point of the movie?

Kazenji
Did you even watch the movie?...if so its not that hard to work out.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Kazenji
Did you even watch the movie?...if so its not that hard to work out.
Yes, I did. It was waste of time.

abhilegend

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

Agreed. thumb up

I second this. WW was okay, but not this giant phenomenon its become. I think its over rated AF.

Silent Master

It's far better than MoS and BvS. IOW, it's actually a decent movie.

If JL does end up being better, will Marvel fans ever be able to admit it?

If both Thor and Avengers:IW end up being better, will you be able to admit it?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I second this. WW was okay, but not this giant phenomenon its become. I think its over rated AF.

Imo it's the best comicbook movie we've had since CW, but that's me.

Insane Titan
Infinitybwar easy, JL will be ok at best. The excuses will be hilarious though.

playa1258
Originally posted by Silent Master
It's far better than MoS and BvS. IOW, it's actually a decent movie.

If both Thor and Avengers:IW end up being better, will you be able to admit it? I'm not Quan.

Silent Master
I'm not Quan.

Doesn't really answer my question, but it's still good to know.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I second this. MCU was okay, but not this giant phenomenon its become. I think its over rated AF.

FTFY

Wonder Woman was better than pretty much every movie in MCU except WS and Iron Man.

Placidity
Just watched leaked Avengers trailer.

Seems like they are going for a darker tone and the music reminded me of BvS. I like this direction, hopefully they can get a coherent story/feel with so many characters.

Darth Thor
The only good movies in MCU are WS and Iron Man and maybe GOTG. The rest are boring formulaic shit. They are just copy/pasting characters from one plot to other.

Really not sure how JL doesn't look formulaic.

Is it the big "shock and surprise" of Superman coming back which makes you think it's going to be so different?

Khazra Reborn

Winter Soldier is better than every DCEU movie. That's an exceptional movie and lightning in bottle though.

CW? Don't make me laugh. What was even the point of the movie?

Damn dude, you must be pretty sour to find nothing to like about CW. Yeah, it's not exactly smashing any barriers story telling wise, and the villain was a bit foppish, but the action sequences were amazing, the comedy was on point and the actors all had great chemistry.

Adam Grimes
FTFY

Wonder Woman was better than pretty much every movie in MCU except WS and Iron Man. Nah, I can count at least 6-7.

Inhuman

StiltmanFTW
FTFY

Wonder Woman was better than pretty much every movie in MCU except WS and Iron Man.

You've got elephants in the state you live in? One of them stomped on your head, right?

Firefly218

Flyattractor
If it wasn't for that Big Battle Scene, Civil War would have been BORING AS FUDGE!!!!!!

Hoping the JL movie can pull it off, but I aint gonna hold out hope.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Firefly218

I'll agree with you the villains in the mcu are generally a bit weak, but that's because the focus is on the heroes and their interpersonal relationships.

True but it's not like the DCEU villains have been superior.

Doomsday- throwaway monster for the heroes to fight.

Ares- Meh

Joker- worst incarnation to date

Lex- Let's pretend he never happened.

None of the DCEU village me so far have come close to Loki.

Firefly218
True but it's not like the DCEU villains have been superior.

Doomsday- throwaway monster for the heroes to fight.

Ares- Meh

Joker- worst incarnation to date

Lex- Let's pretend he never happened.

None of the DCEU village me so far have come close to Loki. That's because the DCEU in general has been a huge turd. For the most part though DC has tried really hard to make their villains memorable, suicide squad and zod and lex Luther are examples.

Marvel on the other hand hardly focuses on their villains, with the exception of Loki, Ultron and Vulture I'd say. Wonder Woman is the one DC movie that kind of follows this marvel formula, where the whole movie is spent focusing on the heroes and very little time is devoted to the villains.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.