Kurse vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
MCU Hulk

Vs

Kurse

Psychotron
Kurse if he goes for the kill as soon as possible. Hulk if Kurse lets the fight drag on.

Zack Fair
I'll reserve judgement until I see the rematch between Blondie and Jade x)

Psychotron
It's Thor's movie, they're not gonna have him lose.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Psychotron
It's Thor's movie, they're not gonna have him lose.

Given it's a Mjolnirless Lightningless punch up, Hulk should hold the major advantage, which they've already hinted at in the latest trailer.

The Sorrow
I was convinced they have wouldn't have Thor lose in his own movie but you're right, to have Thor be without his main offensive weapon and it be a straight h2h fight, whether you believe he still has a chance or not it wouldn't make sense to have him outright defeat Hulk unless he pulls some lightning tricks. Like you said the trailer seems to hint towards Hulk winning, we only see Thor being knocked around and his tongue in cheek comments to Banner about winning the fight "easily" who even himself said that "doesn't sound right" laughing out loud

If Hulk wrecks Fenris or punches out Surtur I think this vs Kurse stuff can be put to bed. IMO Hulk already fought his version of Kurse in Abomination and he won that fight.

Psychotron
I'd bet money that it will end in a draw or stalemate.

Darth Thor
I'd bet money that it will end in a draw or stalemate.

That's be a massive win for Thor tbh. Given the context of no Mjolnir or Lightning (seemingly).

I don't think this will be like Cap beating everyone in Civil War though. Simply because that'd be unfair on Hulk who doesn't get his own solo movies.

Sable
No chance Thor wins that fight without some massive context and a weakened Hulk, or Thor reasons with him.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sable
No chance Thor wins that fight without some massive context and a weakened Hulk, or Thor reasons with him.

lol it's Thor that's weakened.

Sable
And previous versions of this Hulk fight are weakened. Also Thor without a hammer doesnt mean hes lost his asgardian powers.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That's be a massive win for Thor tbh. Given the context of no Mjolnir or Lightning (seemingly).

I don't think this will be like Cap beating everyone in Civil War though. Simply because that'd be unfair on Hulk who doesn't get his own solo movies.

I hope he does, tbh. Thor has been the most mistreated out of all the adapted characters.

Darth Thor
I hope he does, tbh. Thor has been the most mistreated out of all the adapted characters.

Yeah I try not to think too much about Age of Ultron especially.

Psychotron
Oh, I was thinking about The Dark World.

Sable
lol it's Thor that's weakened.

Cause he doesnt habe his hammer? LoL

Darth Thor
Cause he doesnt habe his hammer? LoL

Yeah an Indestructible Hammer forged in a star that flies at sonic speeds according Thor's mental commands and sent Hulk crashing in A1 is obviously a laughable advantage lol lol lol

We've also yet to see him display any Lightning/Thunder abilities without Mjolnir. Chances are that Lightning eyes Thor is from much later in the film, and he's possibly amped by then.

So yeah by all evidences so far Thor is weakened, and Hulk is armed to the teeth (which standard Hulk is not). IOW if anything Hulk is amped and Thor is weakened.

Sable
Its not indestructable. It gets blown the fck uplaughing out loud

K-Dog
Just rewatched Hulk vs Hulkbuster and Thor vs Kurse. Kurse wins but not easily. If Hulk can amp much more at all, he will win the majority. And Kurse deflected Mjolnir by more than 90 degrees so he stopped it and sent it away like a boss.

FrothByte
Originally posted by K-Dog
Just rewatched Hulk vs Hulkbuster and Thor vs Kurse. Kurse wins but not easily. If Hulk can amp much more at all, he will win the majority. And Kurse deflected Mjolnir by more than 90 degrees so he stopped it and sent it away like a boss.

I think the issue here is that Hulk is CGI whereas Kurse is a costume, so Hulk looks faster, stronger and more agile visually. Comparing feats however, Kurse should be quite faster than Hulk as well as stronger and way better fighting skill.

h1a8
Originally posted by FrothByte
I think the issue here is that Hulk is CGI whereas Kurse is a costume, so Hulk looks faster, stronger and more agile visually. Comparing feats however, Kurse should be quite faster than Hulk as well as stronger and way better fighting skill. Kurse is slower, not faster. Kurse is about as strong or a little stronger at best. Hulk can perform every feat he did. Kurse may have better fighting skill but it's not all that great.
Kurse wins in a close fight.

Psychotron
Kurse beat down Thor, while an enraged Hulk stalemated him him.

h1a8
Kurse beat down Thor, while an enraged Hulk stalemated him him. Hulk can beat down Thor too, especially without his hammer. Kurse hit Thor a billion times and Thor wasn't close to being koed. Kurse durability is greater though.

Psychotron
Originally posted by h1a8
Hulk can beat down Thor too

Why didn't he then?

FrothByte
Kurse is slower, not faster. Kurse is about as strong or a little stronger at best. Hulk can perform every feat he did. Kurse may have better fighting skill but it's not all that great.
Kurse wins in a close fight.

Thor was beating Hulk to the punch and ducking around Hulk's hits. Something he could not do with Kurse. This implies that Kurse is faster no?

Thor was also able to block Hulk's punch. Not so with Kurse.

Silent Master
Hulk can beat down Thor too

Then why didn't he?

K-Dog
Hulk was nerfed down a bit in that fight with Thor in the shield helicarrier compared to his fight against the Hulkbuster armor. If he wasn't, they would've brought that thing down to the ground pretty quickly. So maybe Thor was also nerfed down a bit too. Thor has amazing durability and damage soak, compared to his strength output levels without the hammer. He is used as a part strong man, part energy attacker, part hammer thumper attacker. He just doesn't seem to have the strength and punching out put on the offensive end to keep up with a Hulk or Kurse. But he seems to be able to take beatings from them pretty well. I'm not sure if I have a real good point to this post, but concerning the speed, Hulk fights very fast when he gets mad. You can see that in the Hulkbuster fight. Don't believe Kurse has a speed advantage. He still wins unless we see Hulk get more uber like he was as Bana Hulk. When he is with the avengers, he's definitely a powerhouse, but they keep him from growing too much out of still being a team member who needs the other ones at times.

Silent Master
Maybe Thor was nerfed a bit? Thor didn't use any of his more powerful abilities, plus he tried to talk Hulk down and then tried to subdue him, rather than hurt him.

Darth Thor
Its not indestructable. It gets blown the fck uplaughing out loud

It's indestructible as far as Hulk is concerned laughing out loud

FrothByte
Hulk was nerfed down a bit in that fight with Thor in the shield helicarrier compared to his fight against the Hulkbuster armor. If he wasn't, they would've brought that thing down to the ground pretty quickly. So maybe Thor was also nerfed down a bit too. Thor has amazing durability and damage soak, compared to his strength output levels without the hammer. He is used as a part strong man, part energy attacker, part hammer thumper attacker. He just doesn't seem to have the strength and punching out put on the offensive end to keep up with a Hulk or Kurse. But he seems to be able to take beatings from them pretty well. I'm not sure if I have a real good point to this post, but concerning the speed, Hulk fights very fast when he gets mad. You can see that in the Hulkbuster fight. Don't believe Kurse has a speed advantage. He still wins unless we see Hulk get more uber like he was as Bana Hulk. When he is with the avengers, he's definitely a powerhouse, but they keep him from growing too much out of still being a team member who needs the other ones at times.

Hulk is nerfed in the MCU but not quite as nerfed as Thor is.

Psychotron
Thor has better feats than Hulk tbh. All Hulk has is the Leviathan punch.

Thor has the Frost Giant AoE, the Bifrost explosion, the massive lightning storm in Avengers, and nuking Sokovia with Tony.

Darth Thor
^ And whipping up Destroyer in a tornado. A move that should render Hulk as helpless as it did The Destroyer.

Sable
Thunderclap gets him out of that.

Silent Master
^ And whipping up Destroyer in a tornado. A move that should render Hulk as helpless as it did The Destroyer.

True, the Hulk has no defense against that.

Psychotron

Right, good point. It would have worked on Kurse too, but being a brash retard is in-character for Thor.

Arachnid1
Hulk can beat down Thor too, especially without his hammer. Kurse hit Thor a billion times and Thor wasn't close to being koed. Kurse durability is greater though. Thor was dominating Hulk when they fought, and thats without his full power arsenal. Hulk can not beat Thor (unless Thor has no Hammer, in which case, maybe).

Sable
Thor was in no way depowered for his fight

K-Dog
Thor with hammer beats Hulk, Hulk beats hammerless Thor, Thor with hammer and only throws or strikes beats Hulk. Kurse beats hammerless Thor easily. Kurse apparently beats Thor with hammer, although the hammer didn't seem to want to return to Thor or he was being beaten too silly to will it back or something. Hulk vs Hulkbuster--Hulk was very fast and knocking the armor around at very high speed while giving and taking major environmental damage to the point I think he could give curse a good fight but still lose unless amped 25% more.

K-Dog
Originally posted by Silent Master
Maybe Thor was nerfed a bit? Thor didn't use any of his more powerful abilities, plus he tried to talk Hulk down and then tried to subdue him, rather than hurt him.

I just mean that it was a close battle until the hammer was brought in, and if it were a true fight with an enraged Hulk, the power output on both sides (or the Hulk at least) would have destroyed the helicarrier. I'm referencing the Hulk vs Hulkbuster fight, for instance. For the movie, they had to make it more an indoor fight than a outdoor fight, so they brought both characters down a bit. For a specific example, Hilk was mad and straining to lift Mjolnir, and it took him a few seconds to even sink his feet into the floor. Yet at other times like against Hulkbuster, a punch or push pushes a huge adversary through tons of metal beams and concrete. I think Hulk and Thor were brought down a bit. IMO Hulk had the edge till the hammer came in.

Darth Thor
Thor was in no way depowered for his fight

No he was just Masively holding back.

The Sorrow
I just mean that it was a close battle until the hammer was brought in, and if it were a true fight with an enraged Hulk, the power output on both sides (or the Hulk at least) would have destroyed the helicarrier. I'm referencing the Hulk vs Hulkbuster fight, for instance. For the movie, they had to make it more an indoor fight than a outdoor fight, so they brought both characters down a bit. For a specific example, Hilk was mad and straining to lift Mjolnir, and it took him a few seconds to even sink his feet into the floor. Yet at other times like against Hulkbuster, a punch or push pushes a huge adversary through tons of metal beams and concrete. I think Hulk and Thor were brought down a bit. IMO Hulk had the edge till the hammer came in.
He was far angrier in AOU hence him causing more collateral damage, although technically he lost the fight he seemed more powerful than previous, he basically was unharmed by any of Tony's attacks and was savaging him, if not for plot device it would have been the WWH beat down all over again. I don't see "regular" Avengers Hulk taking that kind of punishment and not being at least somewhat hurt or weary.

Thor was nerfed in the context of his full power set, but he was trying to take Hulk out once Mjolnir was called for.

Silent Master
Thor was trying to "take out" the Hulk without overly injuring him, hence Thor trying to choke him out rather than just beating on the Hulk with Mjolnir.

The Sorrow
Lol Thor tried choking Hulk after smacking him with Mjolnir, throwing it at him jumping to knee him in the face etc let's not act as if Thor wasnt trying to harm him by that point he was going for it, there was an obvious shift in the tone of the fight (and in Thor) when Thor realised he couldn't stop Hulk with words or his fists and called for his mallet.

Silent Master
Yes, Thor went from trying to talk the Hulk down to trying to subdue him.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thor was dominating Hulk when they fought, and thats without his full power arsenal. Hulk can not beat Thor (unless Thor has no Hammer, in which case, maybe).
Dominating?

Dayman
Hulk can beat down Thor too, especially without his hammer. Kurse hit Thor a billion times and Thor wasn't close to being koed. Kurse durability is greater though.

Well..fortunately we get a legitimate all out fight in this manner. Brace yoursef, I won't spoil the fight for you, but Kurse definitely will beat Hulk at this point

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.