Kurse vs Hulkbuster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Trade out Hulk for Kurse in the HB fight.

Darth Thor
Obviously Kurse.

Sable
HB was fighting a bloodlust Hulk, Hulk is stronger then Kurse, how does Kurse win?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sable
HB was fighting a bloodlust Hulk, Hulk is stronger then Kurse, how does Kurse win?

Not only is there Zero evidence that Hulk can hurt Kurse, but Kurse tossed Mjolnir aside. Something Hulk clearly can't do.

Sable
He didn't toss it aside, he re directed it, the enchantment only works when someone tries to lift it. As per Hulk, QS grabbing the handle falling to the ground.

tkitna
Kurse wins

Sable
What feats does Kurse have above Hulkbuster? He cant fly, he is slow, he has no ranged attacks.

Psychotron
Kurse is stronger, but his crappy durability might get him killed in this fight. I'm sure Tony's weapons are > random asgardian swords.

Darth Thor
He didn't toss it aside, he re directed it, the enchantment only works when someone tries to lift it. As per Hulk, QS grabbing the handle falling to the ground.

I don't see where you've proven Hulk is capable of doing that. Didn't seem like it at all when Thor chucked Mjolnir at him.

Originally posted by Psychotron
Kurse is stronger, but his crappy durability might get him killed in this fight. I'm sure Tony's weapons are > random asgardian swords.

Given one of Loki's knives stabbed through Thor, when IM at 400% power couldn't really do much to Thor, I wouldn't be too sure.

Sable
Ironman was not amped by 400%, his power reserve was increased by 300%

Silent Master
IM was actually at 475%

Sable
So his power reserve was increased by 375%, it's not like his strength was increased 375%.

The Sorrow
Hulk didn't attempt what Kurse did, he and QS tried to stop its flight path by wielding it essentially which is isn't possible (at least not with physical strength, nods to Hela) but it can be redirected with enough force.

Silent Master
Kurse wins.

Sable
Based on what feats, when he can't fly, is slow, and has no ranged attacks.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I don't see where you've proven Hulk is capable of doing that. Didn't seem like it at all when Thor chucked Mjolnir at him.

Given one of Loki's knives stabbed through Thor, when IM at 400% power couldn't really do much to Thor, I wouldn't be too sure.

It's not just Loki, though. Kurse was also stabbed in the shoulder by some random Asgardian mook. I don't see that happening to Thor. Not at all.

tkitna
It's not just Loki, though. Kurse was also stabbed in the shoulder by some random Asgardian mook. I don't see that happening to Thor. Not at all.

The difference is that Kurse doesnt even seem to try to evade things like that because,,,well they are just plain ineffective. Why bother?

Sable
If they were ineffective, how did it kill the first Kurse?

Psychotron
Originally posted by tkitna
The difference is that Kurse doesnt even seem to try to evade things like that because,,,well they are just plain ineffective. Why bother?

I meant that Thor wouldn't get damaged by some random Asgardian's blade.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Hulk didn't attempt what Kurse did, he and QS tried to stop its flight path by wielding it essentially which is isn't possible (at least not with physical strength, nods to Hela) but it can be redirected with enough force.

See no reason to assume Hulk could achieve Kurse's fear though. And it's not the only evidence of Kurse being stronger. Thor fought much better against Hulk in fisticuffs than he could against Kurse.

Sable
See no reason to assume Hulk could achieve Kurse's fear though. And it's not the only evidence of Kurse being stronger. Thor fought much better against Hulk in fisticuffs than he could against Kurse.

Redirecting the hammer isnt some uber feat especially since we know it is going to be broken and Cap making it budge. Kurse being smaller and more compact makes his hits quicker and harder to block then Hulks, doesnt mean Kurse is stronger or that Kurse can put Hulk down.

Darth Thor
Redirecting the hammer isnt some uber feat especially since we know it is going to be broken and Cap making it budge. Kurse being smaller and more compact makes his hits quicker and harder to block then Hulks, doesnt mean Kurse is stronger or that Kurse can put Hulk down.

Talk when Hulk does that to Mjolnir.

Or when Hulk gives Thor the beating Kurse did.

Sable
So because he never tried means he can't? And because Kurse did, automatically means he's stronger then Hulk. Man talk about a no limits fallacy.

FrothByte

Tony's weapons didn't even give Thor a rash when fired at point blank range. Loki's dagger had no problems hurting Thor.

Silent Master
Originally posted by FrothByte
Tony's weapons didn't even give Thor a rash when fired at point blank range. Loki's dagger had no problems hurting Thor.

To be fair, they hide that information in the movies. So you can understand why he didn't know.

Darth Thor
So because he never tried means he can't? And because Kurse did, automatically means he's stronger then Hulk. Man talk about a no limits fallacy.

No a No Limits Fallacy would be to assume Hulk can do that when he's fought Thor and couldn't stop or redirect Mjolnir even once.

Oh and I like how you keep ignoring Hulk also unable to give Thor the spanned by that Kurse did.

Sable
Didnt have the time and we both know Hulk waant trying fo kill him, Kurse was. Couldnt isnt the same as never trying or doing.

Psychotron

Tony only hit him with some energy attacks, and I doubt he was going all out either.

Besides that was Mark III or whatever. This is Hulkbuster.

And swatting the hammer away is way overrated. A hammer throw from Thor didn't even scratch Iron Man' armor. An older armor than the one that can't stand in H2H against Captain Murrica.

tkitna
If they were ineffective, how did it kill the first Kurse?

I guess not all Kurse's are created the same.

tkitna
I meant that Thor wouldn't get damaged by some random Asgardian's blade.

I dont believe that

tkitna
Didnt have the time and we both know Hulk waant trying fo kill him, Kurse was. Couldnt isnt the same as never trying or doing.

Why do you say this? Hulk was in a rage and was not holding back.

Darth Thor

Didn't have time for what? You're not making any sense.

Fact is Kurse's performance against Thor was far far better than a Raging Hulk's performance against Thor. And both in melee combat.

That's fact. What you're coming out with is speculation.

The Sorrow
Besides him being the strongest there is?

Thor looked better against Hulk because he had far more skill not because Hulk is physically weaker than Kurse. In Dark World, Kurse was actually able to counter Thors offence (deflecting Mjolnir, blocking/evading Thors punches etc) rather than trying to power through it like Hulk was. Hulks one punch still rocked Thor like a punch from Kurse did, and Thors punches were able to affect Kurse about as much as they were able to effect Hulk in their brief exchange ie not much.

FrothByte

Thor looked better against Hulk because he had far more skill not because Hulk is physically weaker than Kurse. In Dark World, Kurse was actually able to counter Thors offence (deflecting Mjolnir, blocking/evading Thors punches etc) rather than trying to power through it like Hulk was. Hulks one punch still rocked Thor like a punch from Kurse did, and Thors punches were able to affect Kurse about as much as they were able to effect Hulk in their brief exchange ie not much.

Thor's punch was able to turn Hulk around 360. Thor punched Kurse multiple times and Kurse didn't even budge.

The Sorrow
Thor's punch was able to turn Hulk around 360. Thor punched Kurse multiple times and Kurse didn't even budge.
It was? I remember Thor turning his head/body but Hulk spinning into the next attack akin to a kick boxer/muay thai fighter. Kurse had Thor in a choke hold and Thors punch caused him to let go, he clearly felt the punches so he dodged/blocked the punches that followed. Neither guy was completely no selling them but neither were really hurt by them either.

Darth Thor

Well unless you think Hulk is stronger than Odin and Thanos, that statement (not said in the movies IIRC) literally means nothing.

I don't see any proof here that Hulk could punch away Mjolnir.

His fight against Thor suggests otherwise. You can argue all day that Hulk didn't approach Mjolnir the right way, but fact is Hulk doesn't have that feat. Whilst Kurse does.

NemeBro

Thor looked better against Hulk because he had far more skill not because Hulk is physically weaker than Kurse. In Dark World, Kurse was actually able to counter Thors offence (deflecting Mjolnir, blocking/evading Thors punches etc) rather than trying to power through it like Hulk was. Hulks one punch still rocked Thor like a punch from Kurse did, and Thors punches were able to affect Kurse about as much as they were able to effect Hulk in their brief exchange ie not much. Thor literally caught Hulk's punch. He could do no such thing to Kurse.

FrothByte
It was? I remember Thor turning his head/body but Hulk spinning into the next attack akin to a kick boxer/muay thai fighter. Kurse had Thor in a choke hold and Thors punch caused him to let go, he clearly felt the punches so he dodged/blocked the punches that followed. Neither guy was completely no selling them but neither were really hurt by them either.

Hulk is not some kind of trained martial artist. Yes, he did flow into a backfist but that's not due to him specifically allowing Thor to spin him around to utilize a backfist. Thor's punch was strong enough to spin Hulk 360 and Hulk just tried to make the best out of it.

The Sorrow
Well unless you think Hulk is stronger than Odin and Thanos, that statement (not said in the movies IIRC) literally means nothing.

I'm

I don't see any proof here that Hulk could punch away Mjolnir.

His fight against Thor suggests otherwise. You can argue all day that Hulk didn't approach Mjolnir the right way, but fact is Hulk doesn't have that feat. Whilst Kurse does.
By now even the general public know Hulk is one of the strongest characters (if not the strongest) in Marvel, it's hardly breaking new ground it literally is his thing. In the MCU he's the guy who runs though fortified bunkers like paper, wrestles giant space worms and now seemingly tackles Surtur with his bare hands. Physically hes the most impressive so far that's for sure. How strong is Thanos? How strong is Odin?

I don't need to argue anything the facts are there, Hulk didnt attempt to knock Mjolnir away, period. Kurse has the feat and you believe Hulk can't achieve it but that doesn't mean he can't. Besides that question mark nothing Kurse did is beyond Hulk and that feat alone doesn't mean he's stronger.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by NemeBro
Thor literally caught Hulk's punch. He could do no such thing to Kurse.
Complete apples to oranges comparison.

FrothByte
By now even the general public know Hulk is one of the strongest characters (if not the strongest) in Marvel, it's hardly breaking new ground it literally is his thing. In the MCU he's the guy who runs though fortified bunkers like paper, wrestles giant space worms and now seemingly tackles Surtur with his bare hands. Physically hes the most impressive so far that's for sure. How strong is Thanos? How strong is Odin?

I don't need to argue anything the facts are there, Hulk didnt attempt to knock Mjolnir away, period. Kurse has the feat and you believe Hulk can't achieve it but that doesn't mean he can't. Besides that question mark nothing Kurse did is beyond Hulk and that feat alone doesn't mean he's stronger.

You're pretty much using no limits fallacy here. Unless Hulk has the feat for something or at least have something that's better, then we assume he can't do it.

In the end the facts are: Kurse changed Mjolnir's trajectory, Hulk was unable to do so.

Thor matched Hulk in a melee fight, Kurse completely beat down Thor.

Darth Thor
^ thumb up

Arachnid1
^ thumb up x2

The Sorrow
You're pretty much using no limits fallacy here. Unless Hulk has the feat for something or at least have something that's better, then we assume he can't do it.

In the end the facts are: Kurse changed Mjolnir's trajectory, Hulk was unable to do so.

Thor matched Hulk in a melee fight, Kurse completely beat down Thor.
Ironic when that's exactly what you guys are doing, use a very specific feat as a marker and then demand someone else have the exact same or they are weaker, the feat itself isn't even quantifiable.

And those facts are irrelevant in reference to each other and as evidence in proving who is stronger given the context.

Sure we agree on that, Thor did look much better against Hulk than Kurse but he also fought WAY smarter against the Hulk than Kurse and for a time his smarts and skill allowed him to compete, but once Hulk got his hands on Thor he was likewise being dominated.

TethAdamTheRock
Kurse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.