Darth Venamis standing and the RO2 scaling.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
In the Darth Plagueis novel, Plagueis admitted that if Venamis existed in Banes era, he would have done well which Plagueis thought was impressive. He even said Venamis would have been worthy to become a master in the RO2 lineage. My question is, how large is The gap between Bane and Plagueis, if a Sith who would have done well during the Ruusan campaigns presumably could not only give a fight to Plagueis, but been strong enough to be a successor in the RO2? Would other Sith like Kaan and Kas'im scale from this? Link to the page

https://books.google.com/books?id=el0L6wQegW4C&pg=PA94&lpg=PA94& amp;dq=Venamis+would+have+done+well+during+Banes+e
ra&source=bl&ots=3k26FYw66k&sig=f7TLIjRagtIgX62VEJ4zL5pZZsA&hl=en&sa=X& amp;ved=0ahUKEwjhkozuuKXVAhWnj1QKHX15CjoQ6AEIHjAA#
v=onepage& amp;q=Venamis%20would%20have%20done%20well%20durin
g%20Banes%20era&f=false

YousufKhan1212
That's hard to quantify.

UCanShootMyNova
I'm pretty sure that Venamis being worthy to be a master in the RoT lineage is in regards to potential. I think very few ( if any ) of the DBT era Sith had the potential to surpass Bane, personally.

The Merchant
Is it? If Venamis would have done well in Banes era, presumably he could have given the likes of Bane, Kaan, and others a fight and maybe beat them. But this would also mean later generations of the RO2 don't make massive gains like others say except Plaguies later in his life and Palpatine.

UCanShootMyNova
Given the quote stating he would have done well, rather then been at the top of his era, I'd think so.

Well, I'm sure none of them grew as much as Plagueis or Palpatine. But it's only logical that each new generation would have been making greater and greater gains as time went on.

Azronger
Immediately following the contest on Sojourn, Plagueis had commanded members of the Sun Guard to locate the starship that had allowed Venamis to infiltrate the Hunters' Moon, then move it and the poisoned Bith to Aborah. Larsh Hill and the other Muuns had been apprised that an intruder had been captured and disposed of, but no more than that. An investigation of the ship had yielded data that might have surprised even Darth Tenebrous, who had provided the ship. It seemed that well before he had confronted Plagueis or learned of his Master's fate, Venamis himself had been scouting for potential apprentices. Plagueis could not help being impressed, though begrudgingly. The young Bith would have done well in Bane's era. Now, however, he was an anachronism, and by extension, Tenebrous also.

--Darth Plagueis

You are falsely assuming this is referring to his fighting capabilities, when it is very clear from the context that Plagueis is impressed by Venamis' initiave in finding apprentices, not his fighting capabilities. So in short, Plagueis thinks he would have done well in Bane's era due to his philosophy regarding multiple apprentices, which is very much akin to the pre-Bane mentality.

Beniboybling
thumb up

Read the book people.

SunRazer
Yeah, it's nothing to do with combat skill, lol.

The Merchant
Huh, never thought read it like that. I do agree with that though. I might as well ask this, when Plaguies landed on Korriban and had none of the.Ancients talk to him besides Ragnos, whom considered him someone that dismantles Sith ideals or whatever the quote was, can that be used as an indicator of power???

SunRazer
Not anymore than Bane and Andeddu dismissing Krayt in Legacy.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Venamis debunked. Good.

Azronger
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Darth Venamis debunked. Good.

What? Lol.

Beniboybling
confused laughing out loud

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Azronger
What? Lol.
Nothing implies that he is on the high end spectrum of Bannite Sith, or even on Darth Bane's level. thumb up

MythLord
Honestly, the contention with Plagueis might be enough to place him above Bane. thumb up

Beniboybling
It is. thumb up

thesithmaster
Originally posted by MythLord
Honestly, the contention with Plagueis might be enough to place him above Bane. thumb up

Yeah, Venamis' contention with Plagueis proves he's at least Bane level.

Azronger
It proves he's way above lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.