Newly declassified memos detail extent of improper Obama-era NSA spying

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
What a shit show, this of coarse will be excused by Obamaneers.

Obama era spying declassified

jaden101
The irony is that the laws around the US and UK not being allowed to spy on their own citizens is gotten around by simply getting GCHQ in the UK to spy on US citizens and the NSA in the US to spy on UK citizens. The entire thing is an absolute disgrace.

Sable
Originally posted by jaden101
The irony is that the laws around the US and UK not being allowed to spy on their own citizens is gotten around by simply getting GCHQ in the UK to spy on US citizens and the NSA in the US to spy on UK citizens. The entire thing is an absolute disgrace.

Smh. There are no words. And we will all move on to the next tweet and forget all about this.

Surtur
Why would this be talked about? Trump said trans people can't serve in the military. That's going to be treated as a major issue. This story will most likely not be covered at all my the MSM. It doesn't fit their narrative.

jaden101
Originally posted by Sable
Smh. There are no words. And we will all move on to the next tweet and forget all about this.

Look at the way people who whistle blow are treated. Snowden and Manning being the obvious ones.

Not just from the government but from everyday people.

People have always gotten more angry at the whistleblowers than the content of what they revealed to the public.

Sable
thumb up

Adam Grimes
The irony is that the laws around the US and UK not being allowed to spy on their own citizens is gotten around by simply getting GCHQ in the UK to spy on US citizens and the NSA in the US to spy on UK citizens. The entire thing is an absolute disgrace. And you're telling me that's still going on?

jaden101
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
And you're telling me that's still going on?

As of October 2016 it was, yes.

Surtur
As of October 2016 it was, yes.

Well golly, that's just merely a month before our election. So technically, Obama could spy on a guy without specifically spying on a guy, is what I gather? Like a little weasel taking advantage of a loophole?

Sable

This is just more proof Obama admin was spying on Trump while having plausable deniability and cut outs.

Surtur
Originally posted by Sable
This is just more proof Obama admin was spying on Trump while having plausable deniability and cut outs.

Well no that is the beauty of it lol. The way they pull this off is that there is NO actual proof they did anything illegal.

I admit, back a few months ago I was hearing about "retired" intelligence agents talking about this, but I never knew if there was anything to it.

jaden101
I'd say it's less party political than what many refer to as "deep state" activities. Meaning it would happen regardless of whether the US had a Democrat or Republican presidency or the UK had a Conservative or Labour government.

What's more disturbing in the UK at least is that despite the public anger at the issue the government brought in the investigatory powers act to make this kind of behaviour....i don't want to say "legal" but certainly less illegal.

jaden101
Back in 2013 the US was paying the UK's GCHQ hundreds of millions to spy on US citizens.

socool8520
^ I'm sure every country spies on itself or gets someone else to do it.

Surtur
Originally posted by socool8520
^ I'm sure every country spies on itself or gets someone else to do it.

Yeah but we tend to act so very self righteous about shit. It's sort of why us complaining about foreign countries interfering with us is so funny. We've installed dictators into other countries in the past, lol.

socool8520
Everyone is doing it. From a strategic standpoint, it doesn't make sense not to. Is it messed up and an invasion of privacy? Absolutely, but if you are a country who isn't spying, you are way behind in the information age.

Surtur
Everyone is doing it. From a strategic standpoint, it doesn't make sense not to. Is it messed up and an invasion of privacy? Absolutely, but if you are a country who isn't spying, you are way behind in the information age.

This is true, but then it looks ridiculous when we throw a fit over similar tactics being uses against us.

socool8520
Well duh. Everyone has to act like they aren't doing it. It's supposed to be covert. lol

It's like adolescents and masturbation. you all made fun of each other if you were caught doing it, but secretly (or so you thought), you were all doing it.

Surtur
Well duh. Everyone has to act like they aren't doing it. It's supposed to be covert. lol

It's like adolescents and masturbation. you all made fun of each other if you were caught doing it, but secretly (or so you thought), you were all doing it.

Yeah, but...if a kid started to truly truly harp on making fun of wacking off to the point of obsession people would be like...the f*ck?

We've been acting like puppies for months now. You know how a new puppy will shit and piss on the floor and then give you this look like "oh what..did I do wrong? I didn't do wrong, I'd never do wrong, honest, so what you so mad about?".

socool8520
I think people just go through the motions now. Governments are supposed to be outraged, so they feign it while knowing deep down they are doing the same thing. The common person should be upset though. I don't particularly like the fact that I'm spied on, but I'm not arrogant enough to think they give a damn what I'm doing anyways.

Surtur
I think people just go through the motions now. Governments are supposed to be outraged, so they feign it while knowing deep down they are doing the same thing. The common person should be upset though. I don't particularly like the fact that I'm spied on, but I'm not arrogant enough to think they give a damn what I'm doing anyways.

I expect outrage, but I expect it to be over and done with.

socool8520
I do too, but unfortunately some people take longer to get over things than others.

Surtur
I do too, but unfortunately some people take longer to get over things than others.

Those people are called children.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.