Photobucket

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Who the hell do these people tbink they are, and who the hell is going to pay $300 a year when you can get the same service for free elsewhere?

Darkstorm Zero
Because whomever took over ownership of Photobucket are retarded chimps who got greedy for more than ad revenue.

Sable
laughing out loud

Darkstorm Zero
Well, I predict that thanks to this move, Photobucket will tank in under a year. Everyone is fleeing the sinking ship. Places like Imgur, DA St.ash. imageshack and the like are swelling

Robtard
I quit storing pics on PB a few years ago when they started making more and more restrictions. Though it was never personal pics, just memes, gifs and pics I've made in order to post here and another now dead board.

Sable
Not only this, but the app and website are slow AF

Darkstorm Zero
Thats because they riddled the thing with ads. But I guess the ad rev wasn't enough for the new management, and they decided to double, then triple down on the stupid and thumbtack a paid subscription on top of it.

Sable
What a bunch of greedy chimps

Robtard
Some people will pay though, the cost will be outweighed by having to move to another service and move all your pics. Which could be in the thousands for some people. But I can't see it being enough people to make it worthwhile for PB. As you said, I expect it to tank or to once again revamp their business model.

Darkstorm Zero
I dunno, I know many of forums and websites that had thousands of images reliant on PB, but it's a simple transfer to places like St.ash. Otherwise it creates a knockon effect where forums would have to start using subscriptions or run a lot more invasive ads.

Imagine KMC being a subscription only forum, or full to the gills with invasive video and popup ads....

I'd say "f@ck that!"

Beniboybling
Never used it, imgur is superior. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.