Hellboy vs. MCU gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Hellboy takes on MCU heroes one on one. He gets fully healed after every fight. Fights are pure h2h unless otherwise indicated. Fight ends when one combatant is no longer able to continue or taps out. Standard, open arena setting. How far does he go?

1. Daredevil
2. Iron Fist
3. Winter Soldier
4. Luke Cage
5. Captain America w/ shield
6. Ironman
7. Tobey Spiderman
8. Thor
10. Hulk

KingD19
I'm doubtful he makes it past Danny if he uses the floor shattering IF.

Sable
Stops at Hulk

Arachnid1
He stops at IM. He has insane damage soak so he can take damage but all IM has to do is keep distance and blast him. Hell, IM is stronger so he can just close the gap, pick Hellboy up, and drop him from a few hundred feet.

KingD19
He's not strong enough to make it past Cage.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by KingD19
He's not strong enough to make it past Cage. Didn't he punch a van that was about to ram him hard enough to make it near stop in it's tracks and go careening over him in the first movie? Cage should definitely feel his punches unless I'm remembering some god mode durability feet he had.

Meanwhile, Cage doesn't have a single strength feet to my memory that shows he could meaningfully hurt Hellboy. I think he's outclassed

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
He stops at IM. He has insane damage soak so he can take damage but all IM has to do is keep distance and blast him. Hell, IM is stronger so he can just close the gap, pick Hellboy up, and drop him from a few hundred feet.

Pure h2h only.

Sable
He's not strong enough to make it past Cage.

You must be joking.

FrothByte
Didn't he punch a van that was about to ram him hard enough to make it near stop in it's tracks and go careening over him in the first movie? Cage should definitely feel his punches unless I'm remembering some god mode durability feet he had.

Meanwhile, Cage doesn't have a single strength feet to my memory that shows he could meaningfully hurt Hellboy. I think he's outclassed

IIRC, Cage shoulder-checked an SUV head on and didn't even budge. The difference between his feat and Hellboy's is that Hellboy punched the SUV which then flipped over his head, whereas Cage stopped his SUV dead in its tracks.

KingD19
Originally posted by Sable
You must be joking.

Nope.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
IIRC, Cage shoulder-checked an SUV head on and didn't even budge. The difference between his feat and Hellboy's is that Hellboy punched the SUV which then flipped over his head, whereas Cage stopped his SUV dead in its tracks.

Also HB used the Right Fist of Doom for that, which while attached to him is not a part of his body. His regular arm doesn't hit that hard. And Cage can block the Fist.

Arachnid1
Pure h2h only. You're right, and I read that. I don't know why it slipped my thought process.

IIRC, Cage shoulder-checked an SUV head on and didn't even budge. The difference between his feat and Hellboy's is that Hellboy punched the SUV which then flipped over his head, whereas Cage stopped his SUV dead in its tracks. Cages strength is definitely nothing to scoff at, but I'm more talking about whether or not it's enough to make it through Hellboys durability. This is the same guy who got ragdolled into concrete walls by a giant tentacle god from hell.

Also HB used the Right Fist of Doom for that, which while attached to him is not a part of his body. His regular arm doesn't hit that hard. And Cage can block the Fist. I'm not saying he cant take a few hits from Hellboy, but I give Hellboy better odds of dishing out more damage than he takes.

KingD19
You're right, and I read that. I don't know why it slipped my thought process

Cages strength is definitely nothing to scoff at, but I'm more talking about whether or not it's enough to make it through Hellboys durability. This is the same guy who got ragdolled into concrete walls by a giant tentacle god from hell.

I'm not saying he cant take a few hits from Hellboy, but I give Hellboy better odds of dishing out more damage than he takes.

He's also got bloodied up pretty good by Mr. Wink(who is maybe Cage's equal in strength if we're being generous). Had a tough time with Kroenen. And the Sammael's. His highs are awesome, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have lows as well.

Arachnid1
He's also got bloodied up pretty good by Mr. Wink(who is maybe Cage's equal in strength if we're being generous). Had a tough time with Kroenen. And the Sammael's. His highs are awesome, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have lows as well. Yeah but Kroenen had swords that he was fast and skilled enough to block a barrage of gunfire with. Hellboys best feats seem to be against blunt trauma, so him beating that guy was kind of impressive. I do think Cage would do a better job against him since his power set is perfectly tailored for it though

Mr. Wink is mostly featless since we only really have his fight with Hellyboy to go off of, but it provided nearly equal fight. Heck, he seemed to be overpowering Hellboy the majority of the fight. Hellboy was only really doing well because he was faster and more skilled so he was able to dance around the majority of the hits. If he's stronger than Hellboy, I'd say he's likely stronger than Cage.

Same point with Sammael coming off as stronger than Hellboy. He spent the majority of the fight ragdolling Hellboy around the room, and was even overpowering him at the end. The only time Hellboy even took damage this fight was when he had an entire metal room dropped on him.

Thats still inconsistent with Hellboys highs, but it's not very low either IMO. I think most of Hellboys fights are just on another level than Cages. Just take a look at Cages fight with Diamondback or Jones. Neither fight portrays them as faster, stronger, or more skilled than the people Hellboy fought and beat.

Sable
Nope.

Hellboy is a few clases above Cage. Hes taken on supernatural beings, monsters, and immoral elves.

Khazra Reborn
Pure h2h he stops at Thor, but that's a massive jump in competition, from Spidey to Thor. You could definitely fit a few easier opponents in there before getting to the upper echelon.

Sable
He beats Thor in h2h.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Pure h2h he stops at Thor, but that's a massive jump in competition, from Spidey to Thor. You could definitely fit a few easier opponents in there before getting to the upper echelon.

Who would you have suggested? I was trying to stay away from using more Asgardians but I couldn't think of many who are above IM and Spidey but below Thor.

HulkIsHulk
Who would you have suggested? I was trying to stay away from using more Asgardians but I couldn't think of many who are above IM and Spidey but below Thor.
Deathlok? Iron Monger?

IRRC Hellboy also shrugged off getting hit by a train

ares834
Assuming IM has his suit from avengers, he stops there.

FrothByte
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Deathlok? Iron Monger?

IRRC Hellboy also shrugged off getting hit by a train

Nah, Deathlok doesn't have the feats to be considered better than IM or Spiderman. Ironmonger may have the strength but he doesn't have Spiderman's agility nor IM's feat of actually going toe to toe with Thor.

Silent Master
Assuming he makes it that far, there is no way he beats Spider-man.

Psychotron
Iron Man stops him. If Tony doesn't do it Tobey definitely does.

Khazra Reborn

The Lizard would be a pretty sick brawl, Quicksilver could be interesting as well.

Quincy

HulkIsHulk
You haven't mentioned which armor Iron Man is using in this battle.

FrothByte
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
You haven't mentioned which armor Iron Man is using in this battle.

Take the average amalgam.

Psychotron
Anything after Mark I should be enough, unless it's from IM3 or Civil War.

John Murdoch
Ends somewhere in the range of Spider-Man to Thor. If he somehow makes it past Thor, Hulk beats him down savagely.

Iron Man - Any of his suits should be able to take whatever Hellboy dishes out as long as we're talking the Mark II/III through VII line as well as Age of Ultron armors (XLIII, XLIV, and XLV). Comedy relief armor from IM3 not so much. However, I don't know if in pure H2H that IM can damage Hellboy enough to put him down. I'll lean towards Hellboy in this match-up.

Spidey - Should be too much in terms of reflexes, strength, and power for Hellboy, but Tobey is all over the place in terms of striking strength. However, Tobey's durability is pretty dang high himself.

Thor - Thor's strength and durability vs Hellboy, who can brawl or go finesse like against Nuada and has a large amount of durability himself. Thor should be above him in a 1v1 fight, as I don't know how Hellboy takes him down.

FrothByte
Just want to remind people that pure h2h does not mean pure fisticuffs. Fighters are allowed to throw around their opponents, slam them on the floor or apply submission holds

John Murdoch
Just want to remind people that pure h2h does not mean pure fisticuffs. Fighters are allowed to throw around their opponents, slam them on the floor or apply submission holds

That's a good point, Froth. I was thinking, "what about grappling?" because it gives Hellboy a big advantage, seeing as how he was thrown and slammed all over the place in the first movie especially, and it did all of nothing to him besides make him mad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.