Trump to Tax the Rich More

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Prequel: This is an interesting topic, lets all try and stay on topic leaving out all the political nonsense.

Trump has said a few times this week and throughout the campaign tax cuts are coming for the middle class and the burden will be an upward revision on the wealthy. Well it appears to be coming.

Increasing the top tax rate from 39 to 44%. I am all for this.

Tax cuts for some, hikes for others

BackFire
This is an area where I really don't know the procedure at all, taxation is not something I'm terribly concerned about. But doesn't this have to go through the house and the senate? It's not something Trump can just do? Plus it's not really officially his stance, this seems like one idea he's mulling. Either way, it's a good idea and I'm in favor of taxing the rich more, but I'm hesitant to think that the GOP led congress would approve such an idea, as they're largely whores to the rich.

Sable
The richest people in the world are mostly liberal democrats. Bezos, Gates, Slim, Zuckerberg, Musk, Zuckerberg etc. Anyhoo, he can get it done by making this apart of his tax plan. The republican party will soon be taken over actually has been taken over by populism, which believes in making the rich pay more.

I think the rich should fund all the stuff they want to see as policy, for example why not make the richest billionares pay for solar power plants, de sal water plants, solar road ways, co2 scrubbers etc.

BackFire
But isn't his tax plan just essentially a suggestion? Doesn't the senate/house basically come up with their own and that's what they vote on? They can use Trump's as a guideline if they want, but they don't have to, yes?

I don't believe the republican party has been taken over by populism. Trump ran as a populist but most of those in congress are not, even the tea party people aren't really, as they're pretty much against all taxes of any kind.

I dunno, it'll be interesting to see, and if Trump does push this then good for him, but personally I don't think it'll happen with this congress.

Sable
Believe it or not, Paul Ryan wants the tax cuts as well. So since he will introduce the legislation. Big part of Trumps message was a tax plan, Ryan knows its coming and its been in the works and on the docet for August.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.