Where do you guys rank Darth Bane?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
A legit serious question; no trolling, no bullshit.

Where do you rant him as,
A Force user
A duelist
And a overall combatant?

I'm a bit curious on the matter, as he is, quite possibly, the most polarizing character on the Forums.

TenebrousWay
Force - Between Maul and Dooku but closer to Dooku.

Sabers - In terms of pure skill, maybe Ventress. Counting both skill and augmentation, most likely around Kenobi if slightly lower.

Overall combatant - Around Obi Wan but with some tweaks. I'd say the power advantage is greater than the saber deficiency, so I have him slightly above Obi Wan.

Geistalt
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Force - Between Maul and Dooku but closer to Dooku.

Sabers - In terms of pure skill, maybe Ventress. Counting both skill and augmentation, most likely around Kenobi if slightly lower.

Overall combatant - Around Obi Wan.

cs_zoltan
Force: Kenobi tops.
Saber: Anoon tops.
All out: Ventress.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
I'm a bit curious on the matter, as he is, quite possibly, the most polarizing character on the Forums.

Hardly. Almost everyone has him around the same general area of "better than Maul, worse than Vader," a few no-longer-vocal outliers aside.

IMO, Bane's greatest strength (as opposed to other fighters of similar class, like Zannah) is that he's just good across the board. He's very strong and pretty fast, his fighting style is overwhelming but still riddled with subtle kinks, he's strong with the Force and can utilize a fair array of dark side powers, and he's both highly intelligent and resilient. He's probably most competitive with fighters like Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku, or Darth Malgus, although I wouldn't personally favor him over any of those three without his Orbalisk Armor.

MythLord
Yeh, Maul+ level seems nice.

Rockydonovang
I'd say maul level, prolly more powerful but def less skilled

Actually, I might be willing to say maul is more powerful based on his superiority to wild space kenobi

Azronger
Somewhere around Revan

toplel
Originally posted by Azronger
Somewhere around Revan
is that below or above kit fisto

Azronger
Above

Rockydonovang
What's bane done that puts him on revan's level?

Deronn_solo
Somewhere around Revan
lal.

carthage
Probably Luminara Unduli or Qui Gon level

Definitely lower than TPM Obi wan in sabers

Azronger
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
What's bane done that puts him on revan's level?

Scaling from kid Zannah.

UCanShootMyNova
Somewhere above Maul level but below Dooku.

Sabers: Ventress.
Force: Vong Krayt.

JKBart
In terms of lightsaber combat, I would generally rate him as somewhere around Plo Koon or Savage's level, maybe Mara Jade's level, give or take. Can't really be sure to tell how close exactly he would be, and honestly, it's not like lightsaber combat is a mathematical variable you can provide numbers with.

In terms of Force power, quite better. Above Darth Maul, below Naga Sadow or Karness Muur, above the lesser of the famous Ancient Sith, like Ludo Kressh or Sorzus Syn.

NTJack0
Padawan Ahsoka level.

DarthAnt66
Scaling from kid Zannah.
Worth noting that many of those green balls survived that fire storm w/o even having a Force barrier, lmfao.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Worth noting that many of those green balls survived that fire storm w/o even having a Force barrier, lmfao.

The area Zannah and her ball were in wouldn't have survived without shielding.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/4939004-1979052835-scree.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11120/111205740/4939005-7026279895-scree.jpg

DarthAnt66
There was an entire village of green balls that survived w/o shielding that they went back to after the storm, I recall.

DarthAnt66
"The fires had killed most of the other bouncers. The survivors had all gone mad."

Found it. ^ Note they went mad due to their telepathic nature.

In RoT, it notes there's at least one entire bouncer colony still around, I believe.

Also, many Jedi, Sith, and one young kid (forget his name) survived as well.

NewGuy01
Okay, well they obviously didn't survive in an area that was otherwise completely incinerated. Zannah did.

DarthAnt66
This kid did: erm

http://i.imgur.com/Ky73NXv.jpg

nfactor1995
Above Maul probably, below people like Arcann and Dooku

darthbane77
Force: Vader+
Saber: A bit below Dooku
All Out: Solidly above Vader, moderately below Plagueis.

Deronn_solo
LMAO.
How can dude only be moderately below someone that has dozens of generations of power growth over him.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by darthbane77
Force: Vader+
Saber: A bit below Dooku
All Out: Solidly above Vader, moderately below Plagueis.
lel

Anyway, like, TUF Jacen level?

DarthAnt66
Absolutely no clue why you opted to name a character that no one has a definite rank for.

Ursumeles
Because I like him.

UCanShootMyNova
There was an entire village of green balls that survived w/o shielding that they went back to after the storm, I recall.

Which is why I said the area they were in.

deathslash
If you guy's don't mind, can someone please give me an in depth analysis on how powerful bane was with the force/how good he was in sabers? The books that he's in are written by Karpyshyn, and I absolutely refuse to read that garbage.

Also, how fast was he in comparison to other force users?

UCanShootMyNova
Best speed feat: Blocking every droplet of rain during a brief shower.

Best TK feat: Shaking a temple with a labyrinth located several miles below the surface down to its foundations on a DS nexus.

Being able to kill RoT Zannah with telekinesis in an injured state.

Best energy manipulation feat: Being capable of incinerating armored mercenaries by DoE.

Best skill feat: Being comparable to Kas'im ( someone who perfected all 7 forms of lightsaber combat ) as of PoD.

Best strength feat: Ripping a metal door off its hinges.

Best constitution feat: Surviving his own orbalisk amped lightning as of RoT along with the poison of the orbalisks that was released into his blood stream long enough to be brought to a healer.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
several miles
mmm

UCanShootMyNova
mmm

Or something along those lines according to DMB.

NewGuy01
He caused a temple that's portrayed wildly differently in different sources to cave in on itself. Per it's description in the novel and clarifications by Drew Karpyshyn, it's only 20 meters tall and shaped like a pyramid, but in SWTOR it's like a fvcking city.

Azronger
Ant, do you have any evidence that the surviving Ruusanian bouncers were even caught in the blast? Laa wouldn't have survived without Rain's help, so I doubt any of the others would have survived either unless they could actually avoid the attack. And it's just a good feat for the kid if he survived it; it doesn't detract from the feat in any way.

The real crux of it is that the Jedi who were caught in the attack were utterly obliterated by it, which is why it's so impressive for Zannah, although she also has other feats as a kid, including levitating without practise, one-shotting fully trained Jedi, disintegrating limbs with a thought etc. So just imagine how powerful she would become with two decades of formal training, and even then she was only equal to Bane, who, keep in mind, had surpassed the power of his orbalisk suit on his own as of Dynasty of Evil. Even a single orbalisk made Bane more powerful than he had ever been, including when he was amped by Lehon, so just imagine how powerful an entire suit with potentially hundreds of orbalisks latched onto his skin and fueling his power would make him.

DarthAnt66
How would they have avoided the attack? The bouncers are seen traveling with Jedi before and after the ritual. They were in the proximity of the attack yet survived.

Countless Jedi and Sith survived the attack too, including Davorit, who is a kid noted to be terribly weak in the Force. Most of them are just shown to have minimal injuries.

Also it seems the Jedi and Sith were surprised for the attack. It's entirely possible those that died could have lived if they just prepared for it, given how weak the fires were.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Best speed feat: Blocking every droplet of rain during a brief shower.

Best TK feat: Shaking a temple with a labyrinth located several miles below the surface down to its foundations on a DS nexus.

Being able to kill RoT Zannah with telekinesis in an injured state.

Best energy manipulation feat: Being capable of incinerating armored mercenaries by DoE.

Best skill feat: Being comparable to Kas'im ( someone who perfected all 7 forms of lightsaber combat ) as of PoD.

Best strength feat: Ripping a metal door off its hinges.

Best constitution feat: Surviving his own orbalisk amped lightning as of RoT along with the poison of the orbalisks that was released into his blood stream long enough to be brought to a healer.
the ds nexus doesn't need to be mentioned

Rockydonovang
kid zannah's tk feat was an involuntary one. To assume that a zannah who hasn't achieved her potential can replicate it is baseless

thesithmaster
Force: Above Maul, below Dooku/Dooku's level.
Sabers: Ventress level.
All out: He'd lose a slight majority to ROTS Kenobi. So, someone slightly below ROTS Kenobi should be Bane level.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Maul < Count Dooku < Darth Bane < Darth Vader

TheIndyJedi
Perhaps SOD Maul level or slightly below

darthbane77
~Vader

Freedon Nadd
Probably a little above Vader or Dooku.

victreebelvictr
smart choice freedon, i would rank him the same. slightly lower than tenebrouse and a little higher than darth ramage

NewGuy01
whose sock is this

victreebelvictr
sock? what does that mean?

NewGuy01
A sock is an item of clothing worn on the feet and often covering the ankle or some part of the calf. Some type of shoe or boot is typically worn over socks. In ancient times, socks were made from leather or matted animal hair. In the late 16th century, machine-knit socks were first produced. Until 1800 both hand knitting and machine knitting were used to produce socks, but after 1800, machine knitting became the predominant method.

One of the roles of socks is absorbing perspiration. The_foot_is among the heaviest producers of sweat in the body, as it can produce over 0.25 US pints (0.12_l) of perspiration per day; socks help to absorb this sweat and draw it to areas where air can evaporate the perspiration. In cold environments, socks made from wool insulate the foot and decrease the risk of frostbite. Socks are worn with sport shoes (typically white-coloured socks) and dress shoes (typically dark-coloured socks). In addition to the numerous practical roles played by socks, they are also a fashion item, and they are available in myriad colours and patterns.

victreebelvictr
either you you did a lot of work typing an essay ranked defintion on a sock, or you copied it off of some online dictionary. either way, i like your joke. ill friend you. i love sarcasm.

DarthSkywalker0
Maul level.

( A post by Syndiciate )

Azronger
Above Failkorion, gets one-shot by TPM Maul.

victreebelvictr
i doubt that he is the same as valkorion, but he is right after darth ramage in power ( my opinion)

NTJack0
Around Dooku seems fair.

victreebelvictr
stronger than dooku, he is definitely stronger thaqn dooku. a little stronger than bane.

victreebelvictr
dooku cant beat bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.