300 Spartans vs the Lannisters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
300 Spartans w/ Achilles, Hector and Theseus.

Vs

The Lannister Army

Fight takes place at the hot gates

KingD19
Beginning of series Lannisters? Lannister's after the Red Wedding? Current Lannister's? Which one?

cdtm
The Iron Bank are the real winners, no matter what.

Sable
How about a round for each?

Psychotron
Originally posted by KingD19
Beginning of series Lannisters? Lannister's after the Red Wedding? Current Lannister's? Which one?

Does it matter? The have thousands of troops and some MvPs like Jamie.

KingD19
Originally posted by Psychotron
Does it matter? The have thousands of troops and some MvPs like Jamie.

How many thousands they can bring to the fight depends on how many banner houses and great houses will answer the call.

The Lannisters power varies wildly.

FrothByte
How many thousands they can bring to the fight depends on how many banner houses and great houses will answer the call.

The Lannisters power varies wildly.

Yeah but even still, Lannisters will have:

1. Steel weapons and full armor (vs. the bronze of Spartans)
2. Crossbows
3. Siege engines
4. Mounted knights

Sable
Screen feats of those?

Silent Master
Originally posted by FrothByte

2. Crossbows
3. Siege engines
4. Mounted knights

This is just another bait thread.

Sable
How so?

Arachnid1

2. Crossbows
3. Siege engines
4. Mounted knights Agreed, Lannisters stomp

Sable
Do you have screen feats of all that equipment? You do know books are not valid here, so your going to have provide screen feats of all those claims.

Sable
No scream feats, not valid.

BruceSkywalker
Lannister's stomp real bad here

Sable
Based on what screan feats?

John Murdoch
Does Theseus have his nuke bow from the end of Immortals?

Sable
Of coarse

KingD19
Lannisters have used crossbows on multiple occasions. Red Wedding for one.

The steel weapons and full armor is obvious, if you're asking for feats for that you're trolling and not very good.

Thay've used mounted knights plenty.

And Jaime threatened a siege on one of the great houses, also with an army that big they've got siege weaponry. Don't try and be a dick.

Sable
So the spartans cant block crossbows now? How are they stopping Theseus and Achilles?

marwash22
Zombie Clegane solos.

KingD19
I never said anything about them not being able to use the Phalanx. I just said they used crossbows.

The Epirus Bow isn't all that OP actually. Thesues sent a few guys flying backward. And Hyperion blew up a stone door with it. It's no more effective than a catapult or ballista. And Thesues isn't immune to arrows or swords. All they have to do is light him up or swarm him.

Achilles will slaughter a good number of guys, but in GoT they don't fight fair. He'll have 30 guys trying to hack him to pieces at once. He's not gonna survive.

Sable
Not that powerful?? FoH

He was also blasting through solid rock inside a moutain.

He also blew up a cage made by Zeus that imprisioned the Titans.

Sable
Originally posted by marwash22
Zombie Clegane solos.

Epirus Bow one shots him, as it killed a titan outright.

Arachnid1
Lannisters have used crossbows on multiple occasions. Red Wedding for one.

The steel weapons and full armor is obvious, if you're asking for feats for that you're trolling and not very good.

Thay've used mounted knights plenty.

And Jaime threatened a siege on one of the great houses, also with an army that big they've got siege weaponry. Don't try and be a dick. thumb up

FrothByte
Bronze shields won't stop crossbow bolts that can punch through steel armor.

marwash22
Originally posted by Sable
Epirus Bow one shots him, as it killed a titan outright. oh. shit, i thought this was the spartans from the movie 300.

Sable
Bronze shields won't stop crossbow bolts that can punch through steel armor.

Whos stopping the Epicrus Bow smart ass?

Also shield>armor in durability, I mean do you know anything at all?

marwash22
do the Lannister's have ships?

Sable
I mean the fight is on land.

KingD19
Not that powerful?? FoH

He was also blasting through solid rock inside a moutain.

He also blew up a cage made by Zeus that imprisioned the Titans.

Let me rephrase then. It's powerful and impressive for a weapon, but not enough to change anything. At the end of the day when Thesues shot people with it, they simply flew a few feet backward. That won't help against multiple thousands of men.

oh. shit, i thought this was the spartans from the movie 300.

It is. Sable added Theseus from Immortals and Achilles to "make it fair". So 302 against probably over 100,000.

Whos stopping the Epicrus Bow smart ass?

Also shield>armor in durability, I mean do you know anything at all?

The Epirus Bow doesn't need to be stopped. It's archer does Theseus has no armor, and no shield. And he's basically a human. How's he gonna stop an arrow storm?

And Iron >>>>>> Bronze in durability. I mean, do you not know anything at all?

Sable
Yes iron is stronger then Bronze, but iron plating on armor isnt stronger then a huge thick shield. Do you know anything at all?

And no, his bow has unlimited arrows and can blast though solid rock and kill Titans.

A few feet back, dude you keep lying, now you will have to rephrase again no doubt.

FrothByte

And Iron >>>>>> Bronze in durability. I mean, do you not know anything at all?

So that's what Sable replied to me?

Well then for his educational sake:

Iron > Bronze
Steel > Iron
Tempered steel > steel

so tempered steel armor >>>>>> bronze shields.

When full plate armor was developed, knights stopped using shields because they were redundant.

Sable
Acting like you cant see what I posted when you read the OP. laughing out loud

marwash22
I mean the fight is on land. they're fighting right next to the shore.

KingD19
The Persian arrows were penetrating pretty deeply into the shields. As they are wood with a light coating of bronze, and a layer of leather in-between as a shock aobsrber. Crossbows deliver an insanely higher amount of force behind the bolts. At the very least some Spartans would get their arms punctured. Do you know anything at all?

Again, his bow while a problem, it's not the main problem. If you kill the person wielding a weapon, the weapon is then useless, correct? As bows can't fire themselves last time I checked.

Do I need to show the video? He kills the Minotaur, takes the bow, then saves his friends with 4 arrows. Each one hits one of Hyperion's soldiers, and they go flying back about 7-10 feet. That's it. Nobody is a liar here but you, sock.

KingD19
Wait. in GoT, they don't even use Iron anymore. They have actual steel. WHich is even more powerful than Bronze.

Sable
A few feet to 10 feet now. Keep it up.

marwash22
that bow doesn't mean shit when they're covered in wild fire.

Sable
they're fighting right next to the shore.

A large portion of the persian fleet sank in those treacherous waters which dwarfs the lannisters fleet.

KingD19
A few feet to 10 feet now. Keep it up.

10 feet is not that far. Should I post the video to show them not going that far at all? Or will you be quiet before you get embarrased?

And yeah Marwash is right, they have Wildfyre. That'd turn the Hot Gates into a literal green Hell.

Sable
Your hanging you arguement on how far back they went, is that what I to understand? Nevermind the bow blew a hole in a rock wall, solid mountain, blew up a cage built by gods and killed a titan?

KingD19
Your hanging you arguement on how far back they went, is that what I to understand? Nevermind the bow blew a hole in a rock wall, solid mountain, blew up a cage built by gods and killed a titan?

Never said it didn't kill people. Never said it didn't do anything you stated.

I said, when it hit people. It only sent them back maybe 10 feet maximum. So he has to draw and aim at each individual person, and the effect will be what was shown in the movie. And he himself will be vulnerable because he has no shield, and no armor. Do you think they won't be shooting back at him? Or far enough back to be firing ballistae and catapults at them to test their defenses?

Tywin Lannister(who is alive for two of these matches) is one of the most brilliant military minds Westeros has ever seen as well. So his tactics will be more than sufficient for guys several hundred years inferior to them.

John Murdoch
They have Wildfyre?

So any combo of the Lannisters and their army utilizing

A)Wildfyre
B) Mounted knights (w/ steel plate armor)
C) Archers and crossbowmen

would mean the Spartans die. Achilles, Theseus, and HECTOOOOOOOOOOORR! only prolong the inevitable.

KingD19
The Lannister's have been in control of Wildfyre for the entire series. They just don't use it often because of how dangerous it is.

Sable
Never said it didn't kill people. Never said it didn't do anything you stated.

I said, when it hit people. It only sent them back maybe 10 feet maximum. So he has to draw and aim at each individual person, and the effect will be what was shown in the movie. And he himself will be vulnerable because he has no shield, and no armor. Do you think they won't be shooting back at him? Or far enough back to be firing ballistae and catapults at them to test their defenses?

Tywin Lannister(who is alive for two of these matches) is one of the most brilliant military minds Westeros has ever seen as well. So his tactics will be more than sufficient for guys several hundred years inferior to them.

He shot out 4 arrows insanly fast. Stop jacking around. I like how you are acting like he has to shot people to kill them. He can hit the terrain or other solid objects and cause mass explosions.

KingD19
He shot out 4 arrows insanly fast. Stop jacking around. I like how you are acting like he has to shot people to kill them. He can hit the terrain or other solid objects and cause mass explosions.

I never said anything about how fast he shot them.

The problem with the Epirus Bow is that the arrows are made of light/energy and don't follow the laws of physics. He can't arc an arrow like a normal archer because it'll just keep flying. He has to shoot straight ahead. Or did you not watch the movie closely?

Oh and the "mass explosions" aren't that big. When Hyperion destroyed that door, it blew the guards back, but literally every single one got back up.

If he shoots the Hot Gates all he'll do is drop rubble on the Spartan's heads.

Sable
Originally posted by John Murdoch
They have Wildfyre?

So any combo of the Lannisters and their army utilizing

A)Wildfyre
B) Mounted knights (w/ steel plate armor)
C) Archers and crossbowmen

would mean the Spartans die. Achilles, Theseus, and HECTOOOOOOOOOOORR! only prolong the inevitable.

Good postlaughing out loud

John Murdoch
Good postlaughing out loud

Thanks man.

Which, granted, prolonging the inevitable is really all the Spartans were doing in the film anyways. Having Achilles, Hector, and Cavillman along for the ride would make it that much more fun, especially when Gerard Butler gets to try his hand at taking down the Mountain.

Sable
I never said anything about how fast he shot them.

The problem with the Epirus Bow is that the arrows are made of light/energy and don't follow the laws of physics. He can't arc an arrow like a normal archer because it'll just keep flying. He has to shoot straight ahead. Or did you not watch the movie closely?

Oh and the "mass explosions" aren't that big. When Hyperion destroyed that door, it blew the guards back, but literally every single one got back up.

If he shoots the Hot Gates all he'll do is drop rubble on the Spartan's heads.

King, we been debating for years now. You know damn well he isnt going go shoot the hot gates where they are fighting. He can shoot the ground where the enemies are and the terrain above the cliffs opposite to the hot gates.

KingD19
King, we been debating for years now. You know damn well he isnt going go shoot the hot gates where they are fighting. He can shoot the ground where the enemies are and the terrain above the cliffs opposite to the hot gates.

He can't shoot the ground. The arrows only go straight, so he can't arc them and let them fall. And if you recall, the rocks opposite the gates only cover the path leading up to them. Not the large flatland between the Gates and the seaside path. I'm assuming the Army is already gathered, so they won't need to walk their way past that.

Even if they do, again the Epirus Bow despite it's legends hasn't shown to do a super whole lot of damage. If he did blast the mountainside, people would die yeah. But nowhere near enough for it to help.

And as soon as people see glowing arrows flying from a single area, they're going to drown it in arrows and rocks.

Sable
Bb tomorrow to debate this further

marwash22
no need. the Spartans will already be dead. burned to death in a green blaze.

gg.

KingD19
Yeah. They really have no defense against Wildfire. A few flasks will light the entire Hot Gates up, and they have over 7,800 jars. Enough to basically destroy the entirety of King's Landing. There were even more stores of Wildfire that Aegon had hidden around the city to burn it down before Jaime killed him. And it becomes more potent as it ages, and Aegon's stores that the Lannister's now control have been fermenting for twenty years.

Mindset
Yeah. They really have no defense against Wildfire. A few flasks will light the entire Hot Gates up, and they have over 7,800 jars. Enough to basically destroy the entirety of King's Landing. There were even more stores of Wildfire that Aegon had hidden around the city to burn it down before Jaime killed him. And it becomes more potent as it ages, and Aegon's stores that the Lannister's now control have been fermenting for twenty years. Wildfire becomes more potent?

I thought it just became more volatile.

KingD19
It's like wine...but neon green explodey wine. Age increases it's everything. Even if it didn't though, we saw what happened at Blackwater and the Sept. Wildfire fresh squeezed would wipe out the Spartans in a few minutes, if that long.

HulkIsHulk
At least he admits his mistakes unlike some.

Sable
no need. the Spartans will already be dead. burned to death in a green blaze.

gg.

After the Spartans, kill thousands of the plebian lannisters with the help of Hector Achilles. Theseus's last breath and all the spartans dead. He tosses the epicurs bow to Achilles. Achilles with his extreme speed, strength and mobility begins wrecking crew. He becomes overwhelmed so heads through the hot gates and the lannisters follow. Achilles then brings the hot gates down on top of them with the godly weapon. Achilles then heads to Sparta and beds down the Queen.

SquallX
After the Spartans, kill thousands of the plebian lannisters with the help of Hector Achilles. Theseus's last breath and all the spartans dead. He tosses the epicurs bow to Achilles. Achilles with his extreme speed, strength and mobility begins wrecking crew. He becomes overwhelmed so heads through the hot gates and the lannisters follow. Achilles then brings the hot gates down on top of them with the godly weapon. Achilles then heads to Sparta and beds down the Queen.

What? No!

The Lannisters army as of season 7 by themselves with no helped are in the 100,000's.

The only reason the 300's were winning was because they were no space for the Persians to fight.

The Three Heroes makes no difference. They would all be killed in less than hr if Tywin or Tereon is the strategists.

Go back and read the battle between Brandon Rivers and his brother Aegon Bittersteel.

Sable
I like my version better.

KingD19
So your version basically has the Lannister forces sitting around like idiots while the Spartans attack?

Sable
No, please re read what I said.

KingD19

Okay so with all the Spartans dead, and Achilles the only one. How does he stop an arrow storm? Or just casks of wildfire being launched at him?

How does he survive the initial wave of wildfire that sticks to everything like napalm?

Sable
He runs into the hot gates and uses it as cover along with his shield. If you watch Troy, he blocked arrows while facing the opposite direction right before impact. He knows and has uber sensory abilities to know how to do that. Along with massive speed and reflexes.

Who said the lannisters are starting off with the most dangerous attack first?

KingD19
He runs into the hot gates and uses it as cover along with his shield. If you watch Troy, he blocked arrows while facing the opposite direction right before impact. He knows and has uber sensory abilities to know how to do that. Along with massive speed and reflexes.

Who said the lannisters are starting off with the most dangerous attack first?

That's exactly what they did at Blackwater. And it's what they did at the Sept. The Lannisters don't f*ck around. They kill people and go home.

Arrows first probably. If they survive that, they start lobbing stones and ballista. Keep it going, the mounted knights run them down as no Phalanx will survive a cavalry charge.

But they could end it all extremely quickly because as advantageous as the Hot Gates are to keep people from getting in. It's the exact opposite for Tywin. It's perfect for keeping the Spartans from running. All he has to do is drop Wildfire right in the middle of them and the flames will spread through the Spartans and up the walls. They'll be in an oven in moments.

And Tywin is a tactical mastermind.

Sable
Tywin is dead.

Also how are they dumpung it on the Spartans who have legs and feet and all that which enables them to walk, jog and run at a high speed.

Theseus was trained by Zeus, Achilles is himself part god, and Hector are tactical masterminds, Theasus would immediatly take down the catapaults and ballistcas with the bow.

KingD19
Not from beginning of the series or the Red Wedding.

Only currently is Tywin dead. So he's in full effect for two of the rounds.

Without him the Lannister's are led by Jaime and Cersei. And Cersei will most definitely use Wildfire as soon as she can.

Really? You think they're gonna just slather them in Wildfire? All they have to do are shoot Wildfire coated arrows. And launch barrels of it at them.

Theseus skill won't help against hundreds of thousands of troops and even more arrows or wildfire. Achilles isn't part God in that movie, just really good.

Theseus doesn't even know what a catapult or a ballista is. Why would he think to attack until it's already been fired?

Sable
He is part god, hence why hes stronger, faster and a better fighter. He was speaking to his mother in the movie, who was a god. He has said he has seen gods. Its not like he had any better training then Hector that we know of, who was already a legend, he was superior to Hector in every way bc of his godlyness amped him which made him faster and stronger. Also if you watch the behind the scenes. The director said they wanted Achilles to have a unique type of fighting style because he was a demigod, and wanted him to be different then anyone else.

KingD19
You were the one asking for proof. Show me proof Achilles is a Demi-God in Troy, despite them never saying he was one, or who his father was.

Behind the scenes doesn't count as it didn't make it into the movie.

Sable
His mother was an immortal goddess as said in the movie, cut the crap.

KingD19
His mother was an immortal goddess as said in the movie, cut the crap.

Where was it said? Can you put up the scene or tell me where in the movie for confirmation?

Because the only video I can find of her is Thetis(his mother) giving him a prophecy about his death and glory should he go to Troy. No mention of her being a Sea Nymph/Goddess.

John Murdoch
Wolfgang Petersen might've said something in behind-the-scenes footage, but it was never stated Achilles was a demigod in Troy; just Thetis' foretelling Achilles' death if he went to war. The whole premise of Troy was adapting The Iliad's tale of the Trojan War without any of the Greek mythological dieties' involvement.

Hence why there was no mention of Paris choosing Aphrodites' offer of the most beautiful woman on Earth vs Athena's offer of battle abilities or Hera's offer of ownership of all the land comprising Europe and Asia.

Petersen and crew might've been trying to allude to Achilles' mythological roots with his capabilities, but it was not stated in the movie. It's just understood that he was the best of the best of the best, sir, with honors.

KingD19
Wolfgang Petersen might've said something in behind-the-scenes footage, but it was never stated Achilles was a demigod in Troy; just Thetis' foretelling Achilles' death if he went to war. The whole premise of Troy was adapting The Iliad's tale of the Trojan War without any of the Greek mythological dieties' involvement.

Hence why there was no mention of Paris choosing Aphrodites' offer of the most beautiful woman on Earth vs Athena's offer of battle abilities or Hera's offer of ownership of all the land comprising Europe and Asia.

Petersen and crew might've been trying to allude to Achilles' mythological roots with his capabilities, but it was not stated in the movie. It's just understood that he was the best of the best of the best, sir, with honors.

Exactly. Thank you.

Sable
Where was it said? Can you put up the scene or tell me where in the movie for confirmation?

Because the only video I can find of her is Thetis(his mother) giving him a prophecy about his death and glory should he go to Troy. No mention of her being a Sea Nymph/Goddess.

Wrong. Its mentioned right before he fights Boagreous.

Sable
Exactly. Thank you.

Why are you thanking him when you both have forgotten the scene where its explicity stated. I can say right now with 100% fact that I am correct.

Sable

They mention dieties' many times. Almost in every major scene they talk about the gods. Achilles decapitates Apollo on the shores he just conquered, and his commander shreaked in fear. Achilles also said he has seen the gods. They pray to Posiedon for a safe voyage as well.

His mother the immortal goddess said she knew they would come for him one day. How could she know that if she didnt have foresight and knowledge of his physical superiority.

John Murdoch
Fun fact: David Benioff, showrunner for Game of Thrones (with DB Weiss), wrote the screenplay for Troy. Anyone have his cell? He'll answer this vs battle question for us laughing out loud

Sable
Thats hilariouslaughing out loud

John Murdoch
They mention dieties' many times. Almost in every major scene they talk about the gods. Achilles decapitates Apollo on the shores he just conquered, and his commander shreaked in fear. Achilles also said he has seen the gods. They pray to Posiedon for a safe voyage as well.

His mother the immortal goddess said she knew they would come for him one day. How could she know that if she didnt have foresight and knowledge of his physical superiority.

Bro, I understand that they mention the Greek gods like Apollo, Poseidon, etc. But mentioning the Greek gods and them actually existing in-universe like in Clash of the Titans or Immortals is WAY WAY different than what was portrayed in Troy.

In The Iliad and various mythological accounts surrounding the events of the Trojan War, the Greek gods are actually physically present walking around and doing stuff. Just cause Achilles cuts the head off an Apollo statue doesn't mean that Apollo existed in-universe. That was a major complaint when the movie came out: Petersen, Benioff, and crew stripped the Greek deities out of their adaptation of The Iliad.

John Murdoch
Thats hilariouslaughing out loud

Ya, just found that out. Couldn't believe it.

John Murdoch

Sable
Understood, but I dont thinm that cancels him out when somone in the movie says his mother is an immortal goddess.

John Murdoch
^Fair enough.

His capabilities and feats are well-demonstrated whether or not they were going for outright demigod, implied superhuman, or just top level human warrior.

Interesting tangent we got on there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.