keanu or cruise?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alaba
who plays neo best cruise or keanu?

alaba
any ideas for who plays the role best?

justinday15
Keanu. He's not a that good of an actor, but i cant see anyone else playing neo.

mirthrandir63
I know that Tom Cruise was considered for the role of Neo, but can anybody really see him say dopey lines like "I know kungfu" or even play Neo?! Keanu just seems to fit better, although I agree that he isn't much of an actor (remember such crap as "Bill and Ted's excellent adveture"?)

turin
well Keanu started out bad, and i dont know about his acting abilities, but he has been in some very good movies (and bad ones) like point break.

Stovenutts
the replacements was a prettey good movie

princess leia
keanu. he may not be a very good actor-but he fits the part really well. like in m1-i cant imagine tom cruise standingthere when cypher tells trinity tolook into his innocent eyes.

svicic
Definately Keanu-no competition.He may have been in some bad films but there are also good ones (Sweet November) and every actor/actress makes "mistake films" at some point in their career!

princess leia
yeah...none reckons cruise. thats because cruise is not hot...*sigh*

svicic
I don't know actually,I think he's good looking in a weird way but that he wasn't right for the Neo role.In Top Gun (One of my favourite films) he's extremely fit!

Fallen Jedi
you can't replace Keanu. that's just wrong.

JediHDM
Keanu was the perfect Neo...there is no other actor that could fill the role better than Keanu. It is insane to even think that Val kilmer or Will Smith could be Neo, because they are not the type of actors necessary for the part. Although Keanu has, in the past, made a few 'mistake' movies, he has made a few good ones, and it just goes to show that certain actors, although they are supposed to be versatile, are better fitted for certain parts.

Myndon
I could never see Cruise as Neo, Keanu plays the role too well and its a role that sort of suits him

<<Solo>>
Keanu....No Doubt about that. You'd have to be on some serious crack to think that Cruise would play Neo better. smokin'

JKozzy
Plus, Tom Cruise is just not the right part. Perfectly put, Jedi yes

Korri
madmadmad this question is so stupid!!!

wallbash must.....contol....urge...to....hurt....somone

JediHDM
CALM DOWN KORRI!!!!

...whomever put Cruise rather than Keanu has got some serious issues, and should be shot, so, for your own sake, if you are the one who voted for Cruise, do not admit to it...otherwise i will be hard pressed to keep Korri from ripping your head from your neck and beating it with a baseball bat...

that is all...

Korri
miffed

and who is this "svicic" person??

im not a member basher but seriously....watch you back miffed

whatshisface
cruise is too spastic to be neo... "help you help me"... just can't see it. keanu has this attitude about him. he is calm and panicked at the same time. confident and--uuuummm-- not confident at the same time. he played neo perfectly.

mailedbypostman
Keanu is just perfect for playing Neo. He seems to act just the way Neo would. Plus, can you imagine Cruise on the phone at the end of M1?

JediHDM
laughing thats a good one...Cruise saying "I'm not here to tell you how this is going to end. I'm here to tell you how this is going to begin"...no way...he is NOWHERE near the actor needed to play Neo...no way...no

EDIT: THATS IT...mad ...who else voted for Cruise?!?!?! i gave a warning the first time...but this is just rediculous. I'm gonna let Korri come after you, and not even try and stop her.

xeous
Cruise is twice the actor so yes; for the part of the dull, air headed Neo, Keanu is perfect.

Don't get me wrong, Neo was my favorite character and Keanu was perfect for it but no one(NO ONE) can say that Keanu is a better actor than Cruise.

I really don't want to get into a huge discussion but as a Cruise fan(and, according to some people, I look a little like him...) I have to defend...Who else can you name that made the dumbest, dullest jobs seem cool? Bartending, Pool Sharking, Being a Sports Agent, Ruining your dad's car and opening a cathouse to pay for it all the while getting into Stanford ( smile )...The list goes on and on.

Since I loved Reeves as Neo and Cruise is one of my favorite actors, I decline to vote.

JediHDM
i'm not saying Keanu is a better actor...NNOOOOOO, far from it. however, i AM saying that, as an airhead, Keanu was uniquely qualified to play Neo. 'nuff said.

Korri
it amuses me that they didnt have the decency to own up laughing

im gonna eat your ass whoever you are raver

sith_darth_jay
Two words about cruise : TOO SHORT!!!!

shaber
Hmmmm... didn't think Cruise was a brilliant actor... but then obviously that can't have been necessary for the Neo role. Which is better looking when he is NOT airbrushed or prepared for the camera in any other way?

Korri
ok 3 ppl mad who voted now?

it was yoy shaber wasnt it!! u big Keanu-Hater mad

thats it its time for the chair! *other members gasp*

yes! i said it....THE CHAIR!!! chair

mailedbypostman
How do you manage to answer all the threads last?

JediHDM
b/c she spends every waking moment at KMC, just flipping through the threads until she sees one that someone just posted on...stick out tongue

ElectricBugaloo
tom cruise is a much better actor than keanu and could actuallypull off more than one type of role (rainman vs the last samurai)

JediHDM
that is true, i will give you that...however, Keanu is uniquely fitted for playing Neo.

Korri
6 ppl? gawd this is getting repetitive madmadmad

chair

WindDancer
Is so hard to chose.....confused

Korri
no i dont think it is no expression

WindDancer
I don't know who to vote for......confused

xeous
Korri, why do you get mad and try to intimidate people for posting their opinions? That's just crazy.

Korri
Im influencing the vote by being scary shifty

WindDancer
Yes is an evil plan stick out tongue

Korri
mad bloody vote then you Trout!

Linkalicious
cruise is a way better actor, but he can't play Neo because he knows how to smile....

Korri
thats not funny no expression

WindDancer
Another person voted for Tom!!!! I wasn't me! I'm innocent!

Linkalicious
omg i watched revolutions yesterday....utter crap! Sooo glad to see Moss get it in the end, but why'd she stay alive so long?

Korri
because she is a bloody annoying trout!

WindDancer
http://www.practicalproduct.com/trout.jpg

Trout!!! smile

I voted for KR.

Kaleanae
Keanu is Taller

Korri
laughing haha shorty sucks

icansee
Sorry Korri but Tom Cruise has done much more better films. Keanu did point break, speed, devil advocate and the M films rest of his movies were not for me. Tom Cruise, has made too many good ones, Top gun, minority report, jerry mcguire,mission impossible 1&2 , the firm, rain man,vanilla sky etc.

Korri
Vanila Sky was crap

xeous
Other than big Al saving Devil's Advocate, Keanu has played in exactly 0 good roles. (Excluding the Matrix, of course. He fits Neo like a shoe...or foot...Since the Matrix would be the shoe. Anyway...)

Maybe you need a memory implant to remember all the terrible titles that Keanu stalked and strangled. Trust me when I say that it won't be an excellent adventure trying to find a replacement for Tom Cruise's acting abilities, he's far superior to Keanu. So before you go 60 down the highway to your nearest video store to rent all of Cruise's "Bad" movies(and I'm guessing that by bad you mean blockbuster hits), you might want to stop by the bank and grab some cash...Just don't forget your dead presidents mask.

Korri
no expression

The Omega
Hm. Well, I'd have to see Cruise playing Neo before being able to answer the question fully. But Keanu is better-looking... big grin

The Alpha
ya thats da point. keanu's face was perfect for "The One".

Rogue Jedi
thats like saying you cant see anyone else as indiana jones except for harrison ford. i agree, but it is only because he was cast for the role. you know who was the first choice for indiana jones? tom selleck.

Korri
What the f**k?...

The Omega
Korri&gt; WHAT? Do you think Cruise is better-looking than Keanu? I would never have thought that - you STILL surprise me.

StrlitSnrise
Cruise makes better movies, but Keanu is so much more HOT!!!!!!!!! And even if you think that the Matrix sucked, at least it's many many hours of Keanu in leather!!

((The_Anomaly))
keanu no doubt.....i dont think that cruise would be able to act calm enough for the role of neo.

((The_Anomaly))
and keanu in leather??? when did that happen.......What the f**k?

((The_Anomaly))
and wow...this is becoming a chick chat area.......i think i'll leave now....... whistle whistle whistle shifty no expression beer

Korri
yeah right dont even go there sick #

StrlitSnrise&gt; miffed

The Omega

Korri
no expression &lt;--- Look at this face, its not happy

WindDancer
Maybe there should be a poll like this:

Carrie Ann Moss or Sandra Bullock? (as the character of Trinity)

That will get some interesting comments. stick out tongue

Korri
miffed now thats deffinatley not funny

WindDancer
angel

Korri
you dont deserve that halo...i worked long and hard for that and you just use it as you wish no its not right..

WindDancer
I voted for Keanu.

Korri
its still my Halo big grin

WindDancer
I prefer horns-------&gt; dev

Keanu=Neo

xeous
Cruise is far and away a better actor.

Keanu will always be remembered for this

Korri
no expression

xeous
WOAH. I had at least 3 paragraphs written out in that last post...What happened to it? I'm confused...

esentinel
Neo is a dumb ass, and so is Keanu. So yes, it fits perfectly. Anyone ever seen Little Buddha?

Korri
What the f**k?..

WindDancer
huh

Korri
miffed

forumcrew
he wasnt making mistakes the casting director was

icansee
All about talent.

Korri
um...ya..

WindDancer
Talent and Personality. Is hard to picture someone else as Neo.

Mini Hiker
ya...i know no expression

WindDancer
Indeed. no expression

Mini Hiker
yeah ok we get the picture Birthday boy stick out tongue

WindDancer
big grin

Mini Hiker
im sorry i love yhou really big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.