Exar Kun vs Obi-Wan Kenobi - Lightsabers Only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nfactor1995
Prime versions. This is a lightsabers only fight, but Force augmentation is still allowed. Fight takes place on neutral ground.

Who wins and why?

Deronn_solo
Exar Kun should have this.

Rockydonovang
Kenobi is an 8, if I throw kun a bone and let him be a 7, he still gets destoyed

DarthAnt66
erm Kun's an 8, but don't mix up Gillard's tiers with Legends.

Deronn_solo
Nice arbitrary numbering you have there, Rocky. A shame you can't actually prove jack shit with it.

JKBart
Kenobi. All out would be an entirely different story, but sabers only Kenobi has this in a great fight.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
erm Kun's an 8, but don't mix up Gillard's tiers with Legends. Kun's an 8 because....
And the eu is still based on the movies and hence Gillard's system, which remains uncontradicted, holds weight

DarthAnt66
Not the point I'm getting at. Don't restrict Kun due to something as arbitrary as that. If you don't think Kun is as good as Kenobi, then just debate Kun vs Kenobi. You're placing a ceiling there when one doesn't exist.

Lucas made the system specifically for the films. Crossing it into the EU doesn't work due to the wealth of characters + how vague the tiers are.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Nice arbitrary numbering you have there, Rocky. A shame you can't actually prove jack shit with it.
Nothing arbitrary here, Kenobi's a "cheat" tier combatant who as an 8 is elevated over even typical top class swordsmen(tier 7).

Kun can only be argued to be one of the best and top tier which would only place him as a 7

DarthAnt66
Gillard never stated tier 7 is a top class swordsmen.

Rockydonovang
Not the point I'm getting at. Don't restrict Kun due to something as arbitrary as that. If you don't think Kun is as good as Kenobi, then just debate Kun vs Kenobi. You're placing a ceiling there when one doesn't exist.

Gillard made the systems specifically for the films,
There's no ceiling here. If Kun had sufficient feats(significant scaling over someone who's indicated to be one of the best in history), kun could be argued to be an 8.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Kun can only be argued to be one of the best and top tier which would only place him as a 7
Lmao, this was stated absolutely nowhere, only some shit you created in your head canon.

Rockydonovang
Gillard never stated tier 7 is a top class swordsmen.
they represented the "peak of lightsaber combat"
and we know that those among the best in history(fisto) are tier 7's

DarthAnt66
Quote me.

Rockydonovang
I'll go fishing sir

thesithmaster
Originally posted by JKBart
Kenobi. All out would be an entirely different story, but sabers only Kenobi has this in a great fight.

This.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by JKBart

NewGuy01
Exar Kun doesn't really have the feats to warrant placement over Kenobi, honestly.

Trocity
True but don't forget that he has a tricked out lightsaber that no one knows how to counter.

carthage
Kenobi kicks his ass

Azronger
Kenobi, decent fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.