Colossus vs. Vision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
In a pure slugfest, who wins

vansonbee
Vision

Supermutant
Under the stips Colossus wins, its the only way he can.

leonidas
vision has proven strong enough to go h2h with simon and other big guns. at his great density i doubt pete could do significant damage. i'd still take vision for a majority here, maybe a heavy majority.

zopzop
Pure H2H? Colossus all the way. He's a trained fighter and IMHO stronger and more durable than Vision.

If Vision tries any 'phase through him' shenanigans, it will end up like last time with BOTH of them dead.

deathslash
Pretty sure that vision ragdolled iron Man and whor more recently.

Sin I AM
https://68.media.tumblr.com/3ab811f086cef745ca5cd0afaa47687f/tumblr_otyotkjZ4U1vq8arpo1_400.jpg
https://68.media.tumblr.com/1c811429a74d0233a1fde00e309cf65d/tumblr_otyouk6Utl1vq8arpo1_400.jpg
https://68.media.tumblr.com/8ddec96346d6b1489929fd26d99d1dff/tumblr_otyot4WiMS1vq8arpo1_400.jpg

Sin I AM
Originally posted by deathslash

When? Cause Tony dropped Vision as well

krisblaze

Buffed to all hell though.

deathslash
Originally posted by Sin I AM
When? Cause Tony dropped Vision as well think it was just this year. Think it was a part of the Vision ongoing.

DarkSaint85
Yeah he sun dipped for that...

StiltmanFTW
https://68.media.tumblr.com/3ab811f086cef745ca5cd0afaa47687f/tumblr_otyotkjZ4U1vq8arpo1_400.jpg
https://68.media.tumblr.com/1c811429a74d0233a1fde00e309cf65d/tumblr_otyouk6Utl1vq8arpo1_400.jpg
https://68.media.tumblr.com/8ddec96346d6b1489929fd26d99d1dff/tumblr_otyot4WiMS1vq8arpo1_400.jpg

Nice.

So, with or without going intangible, we still have a stalemate.

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nice.

So, with or without going intangible, we still have a stalemate.
It actually looked like Colosssus was getting the upper hand in the purely physical brawl causing that demon to jump in and attack him. The demon was apparently draining his strength and life too.

Colossus wins H2H. They stalemate if all powers are in play.

Photon-2
In comics , Colossus wins without effort .

-Pr-

Is that canon? It's been a while since I read it, but I thought there was something funky going on.

zopzop
Originally posted by -Pr-
Is that canon? It's been a while since I read it, but I thought there was something funky going on.
Canon. Then Strange and Magik combined their powers to alter time preventing that reality from happening.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
It actually looked like Colosssus was getting the upper hand

No, it didn't. They looked equally matched, as said on panel.

juggernaut74
Looks like Vision walked into that uppercut, then Colossus was attacked from behind.

vansonbee
Anyways, new Vision from this year stomps Colossus. Pete a poor damsel in the comics these days.

Horrificus
First of all, Vision was trained by Cap and has decades of experience. I don't see where Colossus has him in that category.

Next, Vision besides being able to match Colossus un strength, surpasses him in ways that he can use it. Highly versatile.

Vision as far more intelligent than Piotr, with a form of intelligence that is capable of much more than simply storing data.

Vision's solar cell is a very powerful "extra", along with his density changing ability.

He also has some serious combat feats and wins under his belt.

Not seeing how Piotr wins.

Supermutant
Have people forgotten what slugfest means? Just standing trading punches no other abilities like becoming intangible or being versatile applies. Of course Vision using his full range of abilities win that's why the op handicapped him.

leonidas
at his max density he's matched simon a couple times, ko'd jane thor, matched ultron on a couple occasions... his strength feats are at LEAST as impressive as pete's are, and his durability is better imo.

this is a good fight, but i'll take vision.

Sin I AM
think it was just this year. Think it was a part of the Vision ongoing.

He ragdolled the entire sqaud. One shot most of them. Good showing

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah he sun dipped for that...

He is a scion of Ultron...no need to sun dip

Canon.
Kulan Gath changed Manhattan into a D&D campaign setting and the result was a lotta dead avengers and muties. Stange/Magik fixed it tho.

Canon. Then Strange and Magik combined their powers to alter time preventing that reality from happening.

👍

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Supermutant
Have people forgotten what slugfest means?

Horri registered in 2006, but he never understood basic rules or anything.

Half of the "veteran" regular posters do forget what certain stips mean, too, so he's not alone... I can't even muster the strength to remind them.

-Pr-

Canon.
Kulan Gath changed Manhattan into a D&D campaign setting and the result was a lotta dead avengers and muties. Stange/Magik fixed it tho.

Ah okay, thanks.

Half of the "veteran" regular posters do forget what certain stips mean, too, so he's not alone... I can't even muster the strength to remind them.

I know its hard for you, but try being nice.

Horrificus

Half of the "veteran" regular posters do forget what certain stips mean, too, so he's not alone... I can't even muster the strength to remind them. it's sad, but u r 100% correct.

And i have no problem with somebody whackin me in the back of my head when im a 'tard .

But, u bring up a good point. It's true that i havent even thought about the rules and guidelines here in a loooong time. And, it's probably not cool.

Thanks Pr, no harm done.

That being said, I WILL find some time for a "refresher" and apologize for temporarily sidetracking this fine thread.

Carry on.

wuleecat
Good response.

-Pr-
As far as the thread goes: Growing up I always envisioned Vision (ha) being in that nebulous "Above Colossus and Thing but below Thor and Hulk" kind of bracket. Admittedly I could be wrong, but it was what I always thought.

It being a slugfest might work more in Colossus's favour, but I dunno if that will be enough, even with his upgrades over the years.

krisblaze
^The wonder man tier

Sin I AM
As far as the thread goes: Growing up I always envisioned Vision (ha) being in that nebulous "Above Colossus and Thing but below Thor and Hulk" kind of bracket. Admittedly I could be wrong, but it was what I always thought.

It being a slugfest might work more in Colossus's favour, but I dunno if that will be enough, even with his upgrades over the years.

Yea its that intangibility. He recently wrecked an avengers team to include serveral big guns. Im not sure if I could see Thing doing that...i wish he could tho. Him and Johnny are woefully unimoressive given their length in comics

-Pr-
Originally posted by krisblaze
^The wonder man tier

Sure, you could call it that. I used to think of it more the Namor tier, but that would just be mincing words.

Yea its that intangibility. He recently wrecked an avengers team to include serveral big guns. Im not sure if I could see Thing doing that...i wish he could tho. Him and Johnny are woefully unimoressive given their length in comics

I don't agree, tbh, but that's me.

Sin I AM
Sure, you could call it that. I used to think of it more the Namor tier, but that would just be mincing words.

I don't agree, tbh, but that's me.

Dont agree with?

-Pr-
Dont agree with?

Buffing people like Thing and Johnny too much. I think you can make characters look badass without making them herald-beaters.

Unless I misunderstood you. If that's the case nvm.

Sin I AM
Buffing people like Thing and Johnny too much. I think you can make characters look badass without making them herald-beaters.

Unless I misunderstood you. If that's the case nvm.

Oh ok. I agree. I dont want them pushed to herald. Id just rather see them get the respect they deserve

-Pr-
Oh ok. I agree. I dont want them pushed to herald. Id just rather see them get the respect they deserve

Oh definitely. There really isn't enough examples anymore of characters like that getting cool moments like they used to.

leonidas
colossus doesn't really have any crazy impressive showings either, not that i recall. he was bad ass in a marauders arc a long while back i remember for some reason, but i don't remember any real watershed moment for him. vision has had some really good stuff. /shrug

-Pr-
Originally posted by leonidas
colossus doesn't really have any crazy impressive showings either, not that i recall. he was bad ass in a marauders arc a long while back i remember for some reason, but i don't remember any real watershed moment for him. vision has had some really good stuff. /shrug

Depends on what you mean. He has plenty of solid showings for a guy in his class, but the lack of fights against other "named" characters bar the likes of Cable and Juggernaut makes it hard to measure him sometimes.

He's another victim of the X-Men's inconsistent writing.

StiltmanFTW
I know its hard for you, but try being nice.

If I had wanted to be an ass (worse than on my regular day, that is), I wouldn't have mentioned that half the forum wipes its ass with forum rules.

Offtop: You need to say again what you think about using interviews here, btw. Because some special people, like OneDumbDick, DarkSperm or Mistress Sin run havoc everywhere and Bada won't lift a finger.

-Pr-
If I had wanted to be an ass (worse than on my regular day, that is), I wouldn't have mentioned that half the forum wipes its ass with forum rules.

Offtop: You need to say again what you think about using interviews here, btw. Because some special people, like OneDumbDick, DarkSperm or Mistress Sin run havoc everywhere and Bada won't lift a finger.

lol.

My interpretation is that if an interview supports something that happens on panel, it's fine, as it isn't contradictory. If it contradicts it, I tend to side with the comic itself, unless it's something like a glaring mistake by the artist or letterer.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Thank you.

Sin I AM
thumb up

Thank you.

Yes dickhead. Read what Raoul said..."if it supports whats on panel".

-Pr-
thumb up

Thank you.

Okay? Why do you ask?

Yes dickhead. Read what Raoul said..."if it supports whats on panel".

LMAO.

StiltmanFTW
You nasty dominatrix, you know well it does.

Steve Zodiac
https://68.media.tumblr.com/8ddec96346d6b1489929fd26d99d1dff/tumblr_otyot4WiMS1vq8arpo1_400.jpg You do know they were mystical interations?

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by krisblaze
^The wonder man tier Not really Wonderman can shred Iron Man's armour, knock Namor out, beat up the vision and Abomination. Wonderman is in terms of pure strength capable of going toe to toe with Hercules, he is when written properly the guy with fists like Thors hammer.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Vision. I honestly think he's more durable/stronger than Colossus at this point.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Vision. I honestly think he's more durable/stronger than Colossus at this point. Agreed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.