WWH vs this door

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Could WWH replicate the Jane Thor feat?

The feat:
http://imgur.com/a/zxEaG

He has 60 seconds to do that.

deathslash
Yes, he has an even easier time doing it than she does.

Board Walker
Hulk gets stomped

Sin I AM
Originally posted by deathslash
Yes, he has an even easier time doing it than she does.

This

h1a8
That would mean Adamantium isn't what is used to be. The stock has dropped.

carver9
H1, can Superman do it?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by h1a8
That would mean Adamantium isn't what is used to be. The stock has dropped.

Its not primary.
It wasnt solid adamantium. Vibranium encased in adamantium.
She overcame the mechanism forcing it closed, she didnt rip it.
Easily replicated feat for anyone in or near her strength class.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
H1, can Superman do it? Of course, if lesser physical beings can then Superman easily can. Unless it's secondary like Sin said. Then any top tier can do it.

Note: a slab of adamantium is less durable than a mountain.

Damborgson
Hulk would tear it apart.

h1a8
Originally posted by Damborgson
Hulk would tear it apart. Im not sure this version could. Unless it's a thin plating of adamantium or secondary adamantium.

Flyattractor
And people wonder why the Thor Comic Sales are tanking.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Of course, if lesser physical beings can then Superman easily can. Unless it's secondary like Sin said. Then any top tier can do it.

Note: a slab of adamantium is less durable than a mountain.

laughing out loud

Talon Fang
Wouldn't the door being part vibranium negate some of its actual weight?

I seem to recall some of the goofy sci magical properties of it having something to do with that at one point.

Board Walker
WWH is not overcoming a pure adamantium door.

Juntai
I love the artwork in that book.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Board Walker
WWH is not overcoming a pure adamantium door.

He could

Board Walker
Originally posted by Sin I AM
He could

When has WWH ever shown the ability to overcome pure adamantiun, and in that massive of a quantity? He has no magic, or supernatural powers to help him overcome it's durability.

Sin I AM
When has WWH ever shown the ability to overcome pure adamantiun, and in that massive of a quantity? He has no magic, or supernatural powers to help him overcome it's durability.

Im referencing the scan BW. If the door in the scan was pure adamantium he could replicate the feat easily

Board Walker
Im referencing the scan BW. If the door in the scan was pure adamantium he could replicate the feat easily

Thor has magic to help overcome the adamantium, Hulk does not have that asset to do so.

Hulk won't be able to do what Thor did

Sin I AM
Thor has magic to help overcome the adamantium, Hulk does not have that asset to do so.

Not sure if serious. Magic had nothing to do with it. Its a strength feat

Board Walker
Not sure if serious. Magic had nothing to do with it. Its a strength feat

All of Jane Thor's strength is 100% derived from magic, she is not an asgardian but a normal human female.

Her feat of ripping through that door is purely because of gic enhancement.

carver9

The door was reinforced in magic as well. It was enchanted.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Carver, where is the link to the interview you promised me?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f104/t644483.html

Sin I AM
All of Jane Thor's strength is 100% derived from magic, she is not an asgardian but a normal human female.

Are you trolling? Because youre making zero sense. Yes magic is the source of her power (namely mjolnir). But it only serves to augment her strength, making her skin dense etc..imbuing her with power. That door pry was a strength feat.

Enchanted by Roxxon magic? How uber.

Board Walker
Are you trolling? Because youre making zero sense. Yes magic is the source of her power (namely mjolnir). But it only serves to augment her strength, making her skin dense etc..imbuing her with power. That door pry was a strength feat.

Enchanted by Roxxon magic? How uber.

Jane is a normal human being who has normal female level strength, and durability. Her being transformed into Thor is done purely by magic via Mjolnir, her feat of ripping through that door was accomplished purely because of the magic that flows through her and empowers her.

What is it you do not understand? You think her strength is just amplified because Mjolnir put her on an intense workout routine? Magic flows through every molecule of her when she is Thor.

Sin I AM
Jane is a normal human being who has normal female level strength, and durability. Her being transformed into Thor is done purely by magic via Mjolnir, her feat of ripping through that door was accomplished purely because of the magic that flows through her and empowers her.

What is it you do not understand? You need her strength is just amplified because Mjolnir put her on an intense workout routine? Magic flows through every molecule of her when she is Thor.

Semantics. Its STILL a strength feat. Y arent you comprehending this is beyond me. So when juggernaut lifts a boulder its a magic feat? When Batson stops a train wreck etc...

Board Walker
Semantics. Its STILL a strength feat. Y arent you comprehending this is beyond me. So when juggernaut lifts a boulder its a magic feat? When Batson stops a train wreck etc...

To answer your question, when Juggernaut lifts a boulder yes it is a magic feat. It demonstrates to some quantifiable degree the level of power, and potency of the magic that channels through him. A strength feat would be Marko Cain without the crimson bands empowering him, lifting a boulder.

If Strange were to use his magic to lift a train it is a feat of magical power, the same as Thor using the magic of Mjolnir to rip through those doors. Rather than project it in a ranged manner, she uses it in a melee manner. The difference in range versus melee application of magical power, is indifferent to it still being a magical power feat.

Prof. T.C McAbe
To answer your question, when Juggernaut lifts a boulder yes it is a magic feat. It demonstrates to some quantifiable degree the level of power, and potency of the magic that channels through him. A strength feat would be Marko Cain without the crimson bands empowering him, lifting a boulder.

If Strange were to use his magic to lift a train it is a feat of magical power, the same as Thor using the magic of Mjolnir to rip through those doors. Rather than project it in a ranged manner, she uses it in a melee manner. The difference in range versus melee application of magical power, is indifferent to it still being a magical power feat.

thumb up
You are truly a prophet of wisdom.

TethAdamTheRock
I thought thors strength was natural

Board Walker
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
I thought thors strength was natural

When Thor the Asgardian lifts a boulder it could be argued to be a strength and magical feat, due to the fact that he has physiologically enhanced strength due to his Asgardian physiology. Furthermore, it is also a magical power feat due to that any strength required beyond the limit of his Asgardian physiology derived strength is fulled by the magical power of Mjolnir/other enhancements (IE Odin power, etc.).

In the case of Female Thor who is only a human female, nearly all of her feats that require strength and physical stats beyond that of a normal human female are all Magical power feats. This is because the power to accomplish these feats has nothing to do with physical strength, they are purely derived from the magical power of Mhjolnir

TethAdamTheRock
So how strong is thor without mljonir?

Board Walker
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
So how strong is thor without mljonir?

I would say a good example of that is when Thor became the Unworthy, and wasn't able to wield Mjolnir anymore. That arc lasted long enough to get an idea of how strong Thor is without Mjolnir, but even in that case he had other sources of magical power/items supplementing the void that Mjolnir no longer filled.

StiltmanFTW
Some could argue that asgardians' whole physical structure is based on magic, same as Captain Marvel (DC). Just saying.

Sin I AM

I disagree wholeheartedly if thats the case anyone whos fueled by anything cant lay claim to strength because its an outside force. The whole premise is bs

carver9
When Thor the Asgardian lifts a boulder it could be argued to be a strength and magical feat, due to the fact that he has physiologically enhanced strength due to his Asgardian physiology. Furthermore, it is also a magical power feat due to that any strength required beyond the limit of his Asgardian physiology derived strength is fulled by the magical power of Mjolnir/other enhancements (IE Odin power, etc.).

In the case of Female Thor who is only a human female, nearly all of her feats that require strength and physical stats beyond that of a normal human female are all Magical power feats. This is because the power to accomplish these feats has nothing to do with physical strength, they are purely derived from the magical power of Mhjolnir

Hulks lifting fts. What kind of fts are those since he is empowered by radiation?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Magic is used to transform Jane's body into an Asgardian Goddess named Thor. So yes, her strength is derived from magic but that doesn't make it any less physical.

This is a really weird argument that has zero basis in canon.

Literally the entire point of the scene was to highlight just how physically strong she was as Thor. She was freaking out and was like, let me see just how strong I really am as Thor and such.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I would like to point out that the door was also magically protected by Malekith on top of it's physical properties. Jane ripping through it while losing power is a ridiculously high end feat.

WWH on the other hand made it very clear just how tough Adamantium was, even in comparison to the Hulk multiple times throughout the arc. It was used to cut him many times, pin him down and it was IIRC highlighted how he couldn't damage it.

Jane Thor and Hulk fighting in Thor #700. This should prove to be interesting....I kind of feel bad for the Hulk? There's a 50/50 chance it's either a good fight or he gets completely pulverized?

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I would like to point out that the door was also magically protected by Malekith on top of it's physical properties. Jane ripping through it while losing power is a ridiculously high end feat.

WWH on the other hand made it very clear just how tough Adamantium was, even in comparison to the Hulk multiple times throughout the arc. It was used to cut him many times, pin him down and it was IIRC highlighted how he couldn't damage it.

Jane Thor and Hulk fighting in Thor #700. This should prove to be interesting....I kind of feel bad for the Hulk? There's a 50/50 chance it's either a good fight or he gets completely pulverized?

Aaron thinks highly of Hulk. Remember, he did say Hulk is the most powerful being in the Universe. Should be an interesting fight tbh but the way be is making it sound, it seems like Thor is in trouble. His words "and Thor is left alone fighting the Hulk".

StiltmanFTW
Aaron thinks highly of Hulk.

He thinks highly of anyone he writes at the moment erm

Including Wolverine.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He thinks highly of anyone he writes at the moment erm

Including Wolverine.

What makes you say that?

StiltmanFTW
What makes you say that?

Reading the titles he was responsible for makes me say that...

Not sure why you have a problem with what I said.

carver9
Reading the titles he was responsible for makes me say that...

Not sure why you have a problem with what I said.

I don't. Just wanted to see some examples. He's a great writer.

StiltmanFTW
I don't. Just wanted to see some examples. He's a great writer.

I enjoy his work, too. But he's known to wank the characters he writes on-goings for.

Wolverine #304 - 'nuff said.

Thor... his showings against Gorr.

Hulk - tanking every weapon Banner prepared for him with no effort at all.

There are more examples and you know it.

eaebiakuya
Its not primary.
It wasnt solid adamantium. Vibranium encased in adamantium.
She overcame the mechanism forcing it closed, she didnt rip it.
Easily replicated feat for anyone in or near her strength class.

Any proof that is not primary adamantium?

StiltmanFTW
Could you see Jane Thor Whor smashing Cap's shield with her fingers? Honest question.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Any proof that is not primary adamantium?

There gonna use primary adamantium on an elevator door?

Rage.Of.Olympus
The burden on you is to prove that it's not. Roxxon is highlighted as the most powerful corporation on Marvel Earth with almost unlimited resources.

This wasn't an elevator door btw, but a sealed vault where they kept items like the skull of Laufey himself....and was mentioned as impenetrable.

Assuming it's secondary is more logical I guess but goes against the entire point of the scene which is to highlight how crazy strong Jane now is (Why else mention more than once what the vault is made out of?).

Jason Aaron went battle board on us: What's the craziest way to prove her strength? Oh I know, a vault made out of Adamantium, plated with vibranium and protected by magic!

StiltmanFTW
Wow, Whor is so much stronger than Janithor thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC that same issue said that she can't be stronger because she has the power of Thor. I don't know why this is a stretch. His Thor did way more crazier shit imo.

He did a 12 issue arc wanking the absolute shit out of Thor as literally the greatest God who has ever lived throughout all of time in Marvel despite his hangups and self-doubt or maybe because of them...he is an atheist.

StiltmanFTW
Batroc was handling her pretty well, despite her adamantium/vibranium tearing strength... shifty

Rage.Of.Olympus
Batroc? Show me.

Sin I AM
The burden on you is to prove that it's not. Roxxon is highlighted as the most powerful corporation on Marvel Earth with almost unlimited resources.

This wasn't an elevator door btw, but a sealed vault where they kept items like the skull of Laufey himself....and was mentioned as impenetrable.

Assuming it's secondary is more logical I guess but goes against the entire point of the scene which is to highlight how crazy strong Jane now is (Why else mention more than once what the vault is made out of?).

Jason Aaron went battle board on us: What's the craziest way to prove her strength? Oh I know, a vault made out of Adamantium, plated with vibranium and protected by magic!

It looked like an elevator door which is y i find it less than impressive. She simply pried it open.

You are correct the burden is on me.

StiltmanFTW
Batroc? Show me.

Yes. Batroc. The Leaper.

His kick sent her flying and cracking a wall, lol.

See her fight with NooB Silver Samurai II, too thumb up

carver9
Don't know what rage is implying. In the same issue, Odinson stalemated her and the same Odinson with help failed to rip through a shield that Savage Hulk was able to casually bust through.

StiltmanFTW
Rage is basically you, lol.

"Hulk is Hulk."

"Thor is Thor."

laughing out loud

carver9
Rage is basically you, lol.

"Hulk is Hulk."

"Thor is Thor."

laughing out loud

thumb up

Smart man.

TheHulk
.......Why?.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.