Ben Shapiro vs.Cenk Uygur: Politicon 2017 Debate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
SIAyudtNicY

Title says it all. What'd did you think of the debate? Who won?

jaden101
Originally posted by ESB -1138
SIAyudtNicY
Who won?

Satan, probably.

Beniboybling
laughing out loud

Afro Cheese
I started watching it but didn't finish. I expect Shaprio won. Cenk isn't much of a debater... he's more of a spit his opinions at you and then virtue signal to the crowd kinda guy.

Funny thing is I turned it off because I agree with Cenk that we should have universal healthcare, but he was doing such a bad job defending the idea. It seemed like a lopsided match.

Surtur
Shapiro won. Hell, Cenk had to resort to talking shit to the audience lol. He was naive to think he ever stood a chance against Ben. I do not know what he was thinking when he chose to do that.

Robtard
LoL, like you even watched it, sport. Look at the timestamps #exposed

ps I'm going to email Benjamin and ask him how your tiny head feels up his ass again smile

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, like you even watched it, sport. Look at the timestamps #exposed

Lol, I watched the debate prior to this, but that was a nice try Rob. Redo?

Okay?

Robtard
https://media.giphy.com/media/10wQtxIqd1nsm4/giphy.gif

Surtur
https://media.giphy.com/media/10wQtxIqd1nsm4/giphy.gif

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol I am about to watch the debate between Ben Shapiro and Cenk Uygur. This is going to be funny, I can't believe Cenk was dumb enough to think he could do this.

Did you have anything else to add, Robert?

Robtard
Oh my, seems I was incorrect and you did watch it. You got me there.

But you also exposed your bias as you've already stuck your head up Ben's ass preemptively laughing out loud

+1 -1 = 0

Surtur
Oh my, seems I was incorrect and you did watch it. You got me there.

But you also exposed your bias as you've already stuck your head up Ben's ass preemptively laughing out loud

+1 -1 = 0

I know Ben's reputation and I've seen Cenk debate before, but hey that was a valid attempt at a save thumb up

Robtard
Admitted one's error is what adults do, sport. Seems like you're doing that "I get the last word so I win" thing again. Should I let you have it?

Surtur
Admitted one's error is what adults do, sport. Seems like you're doing that "I get the last word so I win" thing again. Should I let you have it?

Lol, you admitted your error while at the same time trying to still find a way to talk shit.

Anyways tell me something Rob, were you the one who voted for Cenk? Lol.

Robtard
This is me posting so you can't have the last word which you so desperately need to feel like you've won something smile

Surtur
Anyways, I am still curious about why whoever voted for Cenk thinks he won.

Robtard
TBF, it was probably you so you could whine about it

Flyattractor
Sheesh Robbie. You getting paid double for filling both your role and Bashy's as Surt's Top Two Trolls?

Surtur
TBF, it was probably you so you could whine about it

Lol nope, voted for Ben, as he is the one who won. Did you want a redo?

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Sheesh Robbie. You getting paid double for filling both your role and Bashy's as Surt's Top Two Trolls?

I especially chuckled at his "I'm posting specifically so you can't have the last word" comment lol.

|King Joker|
It was a close debate, but Cenk absolutely won the health care topic. Maybe even the money in politics part, too.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by |King Joker|
It was a close debate, but Cenk absolutely won the health care topic. Maybe even the money in politics part, too.

eek!

Surtur
My favorite part is when Cenk has to lash out at the audience because they are booing him.

MythLord

You're trolling, right?

Surtur
If anyone wants more comedy, watch Ana Kasparian of TYT try to debate Ann Coulter.

vV9VCljD64E

laughing

That was NOT a good night for TYT lol.

|King Joker|
Cenk brought a lot of stats and was being completely reasonable there -- no clue why you're confused. All Shapiro did was ask questions to Cenk in an attempt to trap him and he failed miserably lol, then he tried to scurry away near the end by saying "let's move on, we could debate this for eight hours". Cenk inarguably won health care.

Surtur
Cenk brought a lot of stats and was being completely reasonable there -- no clue why you're confused. All Shapiro did was ask questions to Cenk in an attempt to trap him and he failed miserably lol, then he tried to scurry away near the end by saying "let's move on, we could debate this for eight hours". Cenk inarguably won health care.

Lol...dare I ask who you think won between Ana and Ann?

|King Joker|
I only watched it once, but they seemed fairly evenly matched. I do recall more notable slip-ups from Ana though, like when she said what Ann was saying was racist or whatever.

Surtur
I only watched it once, but they seemed fairly evenly matched. I do recall more notable slip-ups from Ana though, like when she said what Ann was saying was racist or whatever.

Lol interesting. What did you think of how the moderator behaved?

Robtard
So Ben got his whiny ass cenk'd. LoL, and Cenk's only moderately good at debating.

|King Joker|
I only watched it once, but they seemed fairly evenly matched. I do recall more notable slip-ups from Ana though, like when she said what Ann was saying was racist or whatever. Idk, he seemed pretty run-of-the-mill and whatever in general tbh

Surtur
So Ben got his whiny ass cenk'd.

Lol, how did you come to this conclusion?

Surtur
Idk, he seemed pretty run-of-the-mill and whatever in general tbh

Okay so you definitely need to go back and re-watch it then if you think this lol.

Robtard
Lol, how did you come to this conclusion?

Rather simple: KingJoker is a fairly middle of the road guy, so I tend to believe his viewpoint over someone like you who before even watching the debate had already given the win the Ben. Your words, sport.

Flyattractor
Well that is some pretty wishy washy reasoning, but not a shocking reveal.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Well that is some pretty wishy washy reasoning, but not a shocking reveal.

Lol indeed, but he'll continue to pretend Ben got "Cenk'ed". Too funny.

Flyattractor
Nice little transcripted bit of the Debate...

Best part of the Debate. GIT YER CENK ON!

Robtard
Lol indeed, but he'll continue to pretend Ben got "Cenk'ed". Too funny.

Do you two simpletons need a room to vent about me and be together? No judgment. I'll even pay for it.

ps Ben got his ass cenk'd

snowdragon
That was a fairly balanced debate.

I believe Cenk did better on HC not because his position was stronger but Ben had a difficult time countering effectively.

In regards to taxes I thought Ben outplayed Cenk mostly due to Cenk's old position of taxes in the past and our previous economy based on industry (right after the world wars.)

Surtur
Do you two simpletons need a room to vent about me and be together? No judgment. I'll even pay for it.

So much irony overload today, you feeling okay?

But muh popular vote...

BackFire
Didn't watch this and probably won't, Cenk is a dipshit, though.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
Cenk is a dipshit, though.

Bingo, TYT have all been getting worse and worse over the years. I think Trump winning in November finally broke them completely. Ana is also completely toxic and dumb.

BackFire
Bingo, TYT have all been getting worse and worse over the years. I think Trump winning in November finally broke them completely. Ana is also completely toxic and dumb.

Don't know who Ana is, very rarely watch TYT.

Cenk's personality is grating and he seems to have a temper and very easy to upset.

But the reason I dislike him is because he denies the Armenian genocide. That alone makes it impossible for me to take seriously pretty much anything he says.

Emperordmb
IMO Cenk>>John>>Ana>>>>>Jimmy Dore

Surtur
Don't know who Ana is, very rarely watch TYT.

Cenk's personality is grating and he seems to have a temper and very easy to upset.

But the reason I dislike him is because he denies the Armenian genocide. That alone makes it impossible for me to take seriously pretty much anything he says.

Lol yeah if you have a spare 3 minutes watch this video of how TYT react when the armenian thing is mentioned by an audience member at a panel, it is comedy. You can tell they are upset that they chose a minority to ask a question and he didn't just parrot back what they wanted to hear:

WcWPkTcOvUw

-Pr-
Going in to this, my own experience watching them meant that I was somewhat predisposed to siding with Shapiro over Cenk. The former is a better speaker, more well-rounded, and he speaks to certain things I agree with (some I don't, mind you). Cenk... I used to love TYT, but in the last few years, they've jumped the shark big time. Still, I tried to keep an open mind as I sat and watched this all the way through...

-Healthcare: Both men got their point across, but I don't know if either of them has the right point in the first place. I don't know what will fix America's healthcare/social security/disability system, but it DOES need fixing.
-The Tax system... Cenk (briefly) had the high ground and then had to go and be a dick about it. Both men had good points though, I felt, and there was plenty of back and forth.

The overriding feeling I had watching the debate was that my thinking was more in-line with Cenk's position (at least in the vaguest terms), but his delivery was pretty poor, and that he wasn't as prepared for the debate as Shapiro was. Getting up on his soapbox didn't help his case either.

At the end, I think the actual solution to their arguments wasn't on either side, but somewhere in between. And to that, I don't think either actually won the debate.

Kurk
Both are cancer

carthage
Ben has no problem supporting blowing up Middle Eastern countries, but suggests we can't afford healthcare when the Pentagon blew trillions over Middle eastern wars. Kek

Robtard
^ Bingo

-Pr-
Originally posted by carthage
Ben has no problem supporting blowing up Middle Eastern countries, but suggests we can't afford healthcare when the Pentagon blew trillions over Middle eastern wars. Kek

Yeah, he seemed awfully comfortable with military spending for some reason.

Surtur
So 8 to 2 in favor of Ben, nice thumb up

Afro Cheese
I'm gonna try watching at least the healthcare portion again since other people are saying they think Cenk won. I cut it off based on what seemed like a shit performance on his end.

On another note, it's hard for me to decide which of them has a more annoying voice/delivery.

MythLord
I don't think Cenk really won healthcare. I mean, I personally agree with him that universal healthcare should be a thing... but his arguments were shot down.

Cenk's primary debating tactic is yelling, interrupting and pulling double standards.

Afro Cheese
Yea, watched again and he was as shit as I remember. I even kept close track of the claims made on both sides. The only "stats" that Cenk cited were relating to how well medicare/medicare for all/govt funded health insurance polls with the public. Ben's only claims that are remotely objective/verifiable were that Cali recently turned down Medicare for all cause it would double their debt, and that the only reason we have employer based health insurance in the first place was in response to wage and price controls placed in the aftermath of WW2 (I haven't looked any of this up to fact check whether in fact it is true, including Cenk's poll stats). Other than that it was basically the two of them explaining their own subjective logic for why they support their side. And Shapiro did a better job, easily. IMO. But I still disagree with him. Cause universal healthcare wasn't really given a proper defense.

ArtificialGlory
But the reason I dislike him is because he denies the Armenian genocide. That alone makes it impossible for me to take seriously pretty much anything he says. Well, he is a Young Turk.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by MythLord
I don't think Cenk really won healthcare. I mean, I personally agree with him that universal healthcare should be a thing... but his arguments were shot down.

Cenk's primary debating tactic is yelling, interrupting and pulling double standards. Which he really didn't do, honestly.

MythLord
He did, throughout the debate. I also cringed when he tried to start a USA! chant because that was such blatant crowd appeal through a cheap gimmick, rather than the quality of the argument.

|King Joker|
I really don't recall consistent yelling or interrupting throughout the debate, tbh. Maybe a couple times, but to say that was his primary tactic seems inaccurate to me. And yeah, Cenk definitely did some retarded shit in the debate such as the USA chant, insulting the audience, and the "Google it" thing he said a couple times, but overall I think he held his own pretty damn well.

MythLord
To be fair, he didn't pull it off nearly as much as usual, no. But he still did it fairly frequently. His general arguments don't stand to scrutiny and instead of reinforcing them, which he can do as I agree with some of his positions, he just opts to do stupid sh!t.

He did better against Shapiro than I expected, yeah, though Ben still shot him down conclusively throughout most of the debate IMHO.

Surtur
Originally posted by MythLord
To be fair, he didn't pull it off nearly as much as usual, no. But he still did it fairly frequently. His general arguments don't stand to scrutiny and instead of reinforcing them, which he can do as I agree with some of his positions, he just opts to do stupid sh!t.

He did better against Shapiro than I expected, yeah, though Ben still shot him down conclusively throughout most of the debate IMHO.

Exactly, and Cenk was at times acting in a way that made you wonder...is that Cenk or is it Steven Crowder pretending to be Cenk?

But yeah, 11 to 2 now. Looks like Cenk got Shapiro'ed.

dadudemon
Ben talks too fast, almost out of control. Someone needs to coach him on how to debate/talk better.

You can't just throw word salads at people and talk like an auctioneer and expect your points to stick.

And Ben failed majorly on several points such as economy and healthcare. But Ben won this, no problem.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Ben talks too fast, almost out of control. Someone needs to coach him on how to debate/talk better.

You can't just throw word salads at people and talk like an auctioneer and expect your points to stick.

And Ben failed majorly on several points such as economy and healthcare. But Ben won this, no problem.

Indeed, he can always stand to improve. Luckily for him Cenk was so little a threat that it didn't matter.

Lol, did you see Ana K vs Ann Coulter? Leftists dressed as nazis showed up to try to disrupt, got shouted down by Trumpers.

Robtard

But yeah, 11 to 2 now. Looks like Cenk got Shapiro'ed.

But muh polls!

laughing out loud

ESB -1138

jaden101
The colossal amount of cock noshing going on in this thread is hilarious.

"my guy is the best. He, like, total beated the other guy, like, totally. *suck suck suck*"

They're both spastics followed by even bigger spastics.

Surtur
laughing out loud

Failure, did you want a redo?

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
The colossal amount of cock noshing going on in this thread is hilarious.

"my guy is the best. He, like, total beated the other guy, like, totally. *suck suck suck*"

They're both spastics followed by even bigger spastics.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/bingo_sopranos.gif

Robtard
Failure, did you want a redo?

"I admit I laughed, the "as the KMC poll shows" thing, good stuff." -Surtur

laughing out loud

Surtur
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/bingo_sopranos.gif

You realize you were part of the so called "cock noshing" right? Hell you didn't even watch it, you just agreed with someone else who did because reasons.

Robtard
You realize you were part of the so called "cock noshing" right?

Nope. Don't care for either of them, never followed Cenk; in fact I once said "I don't listen to terrorist" when someone recommended I watch TYT in here, sport. But you tried, so I'll give you a star for effort.

Surtur
"I admit I laughed, the "as the KMC poll shows" thing, good stuff." -Surtur

laughing out loud

Did you want to try again? I don't actually take the polls seriously, I was messing with you.

Surtur
Nope. Don't care for either of them, never followed Cenk; in fact I once said "I don't listen to terrorist" when someone recommended I watch TYT in here, sport. But you tried, so I'll give you a star for effort.

Lol, you piggybacked onto someone elses cock noshing by blindly agreeing with them despite not having watched it.

Just stop digging the hole.

Robtard
Did you want to try again? I don't actually take the polls seriously, I was messing with you.

That post/reply wasn't to me, sport.

Robtard
Lol, you piggybacked onto someone elses cock noshing by blindly agreeing with them despite not having watched it.

Just stop digging the hole.

^ What an idiot.

Surtur
That post/reply wasn't to me, sport.

Yes, but you began with the whole "cenk'ed" silliness. Did you want to try again?

EDIT: In other words, I knew it would trigger you, and it did.

Surtur
^ What an idiot.

I described exactly what you did lol. We can continue discussing it if you truly want to go that route.

Robtard
Yes, but you began with the whole "cenk'ed" silliness. Did you want to try again?

Saying "cenk'd" was obvious trolling, everyone but you got that, why no one else became #triggered cos it was obvious shit-posting. What a retard, now do some more flips.

Surtur
Saying "cenk'd" was obvious trolling, everyone but you got that but you, why no one else became #triggered cos it was obvious shit-posting. What a retard, now do some more flips.

Lol, but pointing out the poll numbers was also trolling. I know man, different when you do it.

Robtard
Lol, but pointing out the poll numbers was also trolling. I know man, different when you do it.

^ looks like someone didn't get enough sleep again and is really cranky

Surtur
^ looks like someone didn't get enough sleep again and is really cranky

Ah yes, you resort back to that tired old tactic thumb up

Robtard
Listen, on one is saying you can't continue tongue-punching Shapiro's anal cavity anymore, so by all means please continue. Just that some people are laughing at it. I am one of these people, Surt.

Surtur
Listen, on one is saying you can't continue tongue-punching Shapiro's anal cavity anymore, so by all means please continue. Just that some people are laughing at it. I am one of these people, Surt.

Okay man, keep insisting you are laughing. I completely believe you.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Care to elaborate on what points Shapiro failed at?

1. Why did you ask me this question? Have not others stated similar opinions? Why did you not ask them?
2. No, no I will not. I will not engage in a waste of time discussion. You'll just have to accept that I am not open to discussing my opinion. I apologize for how combative this may seem and I intend no personal offense.

Afro Cheese
ZPmHBDXkRfo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.