Ulik vs. Aquaman h2h

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
Ulik gets his pounders. Fights by the beach.

h2h only

zopzop
Even if some people, not me, give Ulik the edge in physical stats. AM is FAR faster and the fight is by the beach. He drags Ulik under and then beats him into a coma.

Horrificus
Among other things, i dont think AM has what it takes to put down Ulik at his best.

Zack M
Aquaman.

h1a8
Originally posted by Horrificus
Among other things, i dont think AM has what it takes to put down Ulik at his best. Ulik is weak. Around a 90 tonner.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Zack M
Aquaman. Ya, I can't see that happening without his full arsenal of gear.

StiltmanFTW
Ulik eats him, then vomits because of how bad Artie tastes.

Horrificus
Thor has stated, AT LEAST twice, that Ulik is Thor's equal in raw strength. One of those times, Thor specifically states that "even without his metal pounders", Ulik is Thor's equal.

Thor has stated, AT LEAST twice, Ulik is powerful enough to shatter a planet.

The madder Ulik gets, the stronger he gets. (Stated on panel)

During one battle, Ulik had won and was preparing his "All-Powerful Body Crusher Blow" (im serious), to kill Thor, but Odin shows up and banishes Ulik.

Thor has hit Ulik, with Mjolnir, with all his might, and had no effect. Ulik just hit him back. He was not knocked off his feet or even staggered.

ALL of his battles with Thor, have just been page after page of trading blows. Yet, he never tires, gives up, staggers or loses bloodlust.

Thor once stated, flat out, that he was going to try to kill Ulik. All out. He couldnt do it.

Ulik once had Thor on the ropes by using a "stalactite" as his weapon.

Ulik is so powerful, he once tried to punch and break Thor's leg. And he missed.
But the shear force of Uliks punch caused Thor's leg to go dead.

Ulik had few characters to worry about when he came on the scene. And, as with Mangog and a few other Thor villains, though they started out as valid, legit threats to Thor and even Odin, they got watered-down, for marketing purposes, lending cred to other books and characters.

But, in the Thor books, as a lot of u know, the writers were very descriptive and left little room for interpretation.

Even though some board members keep pulling that "Emergency Hyperbole Alarm". U know the one. Right above it, there's that sign that says, "In case of statements, panels, descriptions or narrations that inform the reader of the Frighteningly High Power Levels of Thor, Odin and many if thier Adversaries, pull alarm handle!"

StiltmanFTW
Good post.

Going by old handbooks/bios, Ulik is "just" Class 95, but we all know how those "sources" love to lie to us.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How is....Aquaman beating Ulik in a fist fight, especially with his pounders? He gets laughed at and put into a coma.

Horrificus
In the beginning, Ulik was a pretty cool character. He had this whole "Down With Snobby Asgardians" thing going on with Asgard and Thor. He had some good reasons to hate them, even hate his own people and just WANTED TO WIN. Like the "Rocky Balboa" of the 9 worlds.
Every other panel would show Thor's thoughts and they usually went something like:

"this guy should b dead, but he keeps getting up and coming back, because he seems to b tougher, meaner and stupider than any being I hath ever battled. Wtf.".

Or, "why is this dude so pissed off all the time? At me? Wtf".

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
How is....Aquaman beating Ulik in a fist fight, especially with his pounders? He gets laughed at and put into a coma.
I'd agree with you if this was classic Ulik, a legit powerhouse that gave Thor brutal fights on more than one occasion.

Then the 90s happened..............

leonidas
Am was able to get the edge of herc when water came into play. this fight would be a lot like that one. the pounders would make a significant difference if they weren't near water. on land with them, i'd give ulik a majority. near a beach, with AM's speed? AM wins a heavy majority imo.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
I'd agree with you if this was classic Ulik, a legit powerhouse that gave Thor brutal fights on more than one occasion.

Then the 90s happened..............

Modern Ulik has actually gotten an upper hand against the God of Punishment, you fool.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Arthur punches Ulik out.

StiltmanFTW
Artie is a nobody in comics world.

We all spit on him and Indians shouldn't be exceptions.

-Pr-
You should have less salt in your diet.

StiltmanFTW
I'm a big fan of Indians on the web, sans the ones that get offended too easily by stuff like ra... I mean, asserting dominance over women and shit.

With abhi, it's more of a love/hate thing. He fascinates me.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Arthur punches Ulik out.

Ulik's stock is shit but he isn't getting beat up by homeless Atlanteans yet.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by leonidas
Am was able to get the edge of herc when water came into play. this fight would be a lot like that one. the pounders would make a significant difference if they weren't near water. on land with them, i'd give ulik a majority. near a beach, with AM's speed? AM wins a heavy majority imo.

From what I recall Hercules was injured and deranged and it was made quite clear that Aquaman had a significant disadvantage in stats no? If Aquaman can somehow drag Ulik to water and keep him there, maybe he could outswim him for an advantage but he isn't Namor. Dipping his toe into water doesn't increase his stats to new proportions and if he gets hit by Ulik, he's going to get rocked. Hard. If Arthur had his trident, I can see him doing enough damage to win, barehanded? Ulik isn't that big of a loser....yet.

-Pr-
You two deserve each other.

EcstaticGrace
From what I recall Hercules was injured and deranged and it was made quite clear that Aquaman had a significant disadvantage in stats no? If Aquaman can somehow drag Ulik to water and keep him there, maybe he could outswim him for an advantage but he isn't Namor. Dipping his toe into water doesn't increase his stats to new proportions and if he gets hit by Ulik, he's going to get rocked. Hard. If Arthur had his trident, I can see him doing enough damage to win, barehanded? Ulik isn't that big of a loser....yet.

Think you should look back on the Hercules fight, I don't remember Hercules being suggested as injured. Deranged? Sure but not injured. Whereas Aquaman at first tried to talk him down, dropped his guard at one point, suggested he pitied what happened to Hercules and also fought a bunch of Giantborn before hand.

Keep in mind Wonder Woman suggested the Giantborn could kill her if she showed restraint against them.

Horrificus
So, I just want to b sure I understand some of my respected fellow board members.

Where have I failed you in my presentation? And, if not I, then, how have "the facts" failed u in finding the correct path... toward Ulik?

Is it that the feats and abilities I listed, r well below Aquaman?

Is it that u require scans, due to painful experiences u have had in the past, where u trusted the word of a friend, lover, family member, or a family member that was also a friend and a lover? (C'mon, u know who u r.) And ended up hurting because your trust was betrayed?
yes

Is it because u honestly feel that AM could take several hundred, full-strength from Thor and Mjolnir and b able to shrug off the effects?

Perhaps the fact that, the angrier Ulik gets, the stronger he gets, (a trait that has obviously been stolen by Hulk creators!)

Does it matter not that many of his best showings were when he had no weapons, going against the fabled thundergod and his "special maller"?

Perhaps the statements that were made, equating his strength to that of Thor, mean nothing, because AM is so much more powerful than the Son of Odin.

It could b that the 2, 3, 4 or more statements, noting that Ulik is powerful enough to destroy a planet WITH HIS FISTS, means nothing becausr AM is constantly getting the same statements made about him.

The ability to numb Thor's leg with a single swing, THAT MISSED, could possibly b commonplace for AM.

When it comes to speed, well we have all read the sad, and usually unrealistic stance that, althougj he has faced and defeated beings with "super speed". Well, then, its good that there r those individuals who agree that Thor's movements on-panel, along with several statements made, show a character who utilizes super speed in several ways. And, Ulik was able to keep up with them all during his battles with Thor.

In the end, impressive and important as Aquaman is, there is nothing AM has done that would indicate he could harm Ulik in any way that could lead to a win.

Also, it is common knowledge that AM, like Ulik, has had very poor showings, to go along with the good showings. I would even venture to say that, due to the much, much larger number of appearances made by AM, if one were to spend a little time searching, one might b able to find s larger number of poor showings belonging to AM, than those belonging to Ulik.

Many of those sad AM showings might even b of a more demeaning, or even hilarious nature, than any poor showings by Ulik.

Im just guessing.

Well, I hope that the data I have supplied, is studied, translated, transcribed, printed and memorized by thosr who wish to break away from the heard and run. Run with Ulik baby!!

Thank you.

(This study is dedicated to those of you who BELIEVED in Ulik, when nobody else would. Kudos to u my friends. In fact, help yourselves to a nice big "kudos sandwich"!)

Horrificus
Please note that nowhere, in any way, have I defamed or diminished the character of Aquaman.

Zack M
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Think you should look back on the Hercules fight, I don't remember Hercules being suggested as injured. Deranged? Sure but not injured. Whereas Aquaman at first tried to talk him down, dropped his guard at one point, suggested he pitied what happened to Hercules and also fought a bunch of Giantborn before hand.

Keep in mind Wonder Woman suggested the Giantborn could kill her if she showed restraint against them.

thumb up

abhilegend
Ulik's stock is shit but he isn't getting beat up by homeless Atlanteans yet.
Yes, because Ulik is such a badass with such a clean record. Arthur is in WW class of strength and can punch Ulik out.

vansonbee
Yes, because Ulik is such a badass with such a clean record. Arthur is in WW class of strength and can punch Ulik out. Aquaman catching up with WW in strength? Aren't you downplaying WW a bit much? Aquaman is a tier under WW, he is no where close.

Horrificus
Yes, because Ulik is such a badass with such a clean record. Arthur is in WW class of strength and can punch Ulik out. ok abhi, so u HONESTLY believe Arthur can punch harder than Thor's hammer strikes?

Because, I saw your thread on the Oans and your attention to detail was excellent, the feats were orderly and undisputable.

If the creator of THAT thread is being honest about his opinion of AM being more powerful than Thor, I will take a dive into a pile of Aquaman books and check it out.

abhilegend
Originally posted by vansonbee
Aquaman catching up with WW in strength? Aren't you downplaying WW a bit much? Aquaman is a tier under WW, he is no where close.
He was shown near peer to Diana in Aquaman annual 2.

Originally posted by Galan007
Aquaman/Dianna:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19591311_Aquaman_2011-_-_Annual_002-011.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19591313_Aquaman_2011-_-_Annual_002-012.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19591314_Aquaman_2011-_-_Annual_002-013.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19591315_Aquaman_2011-_-_Annual_002-014.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19591316_Aquaman_2011-_-_Annual_002-015.jpg
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19591317_Aquaman_2011-_-_Annual_002-016.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19591318_Aquaman_2011-_-_Annual_002-017.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19591319_Aquaman_2011-_-_Annual_002-018.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19591320_Aquaman_2011-_-_Annual_002-019.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19591321_Aquaman_2011-_-_Annual_002-023.jpg

...As if we needed *more* confirmation that Aquaman is solidly in the WW/Superman tier... Originally posted by Horrificus
ok abhi, so u HONESTLY believe Arthur can punch harder than Thor's hammer strikes?

Because, I saw your thread on the Oans and your attention to detail was excellent, the feats were orderly and undisputable.

If the creator of THAT thread is being honest about his opinion of AM being more powerful than Thor, I will take a dive into a pile of Aquaman books and check it out.
It's not about Arthur being stronger than Thor. Ulik has a long history of getting his ass handed to him.

Only time I recall Thor hitting Ulik with mjolnir was in Thor 139 and it oneshots Ulik.

Thanks anyhow for checking the respect thread.

Zack M
Ulik beating Aquaman???

Come on now!

http://i65.tinypic.com/23h7sdt.jpg

-Pr-
Originally posted by vansonbee
Aquaman catching up with WW in strength? Aren't you downplaying WW a bit much? Aquaman is a tier under WW, he is no where close.

That used to be true, but isn't so much anymore. Remember also, PC Arthur was strong enough to knock J'onn on his ass, so it wasn't like he was particularly lacking.

I know nothing about Ulik though, so I don't know if that's enough to win or not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.