A Future Sentinel vs The Asgardian Destroyer...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Now, this is NOT a traditional vs match where both sides battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Rather, this shall be a debate as to which features the more advanced technology...

So, based on what we've seen of them, which appears to be most advanced technologically...a Future Sentinel or the Asgardian Destroyer?

Psychotron
Destroyer.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Psychotron
Destroyer.

Based on what? Lets hear your argument for the Destroyer being more advanced...

Psychotron
MCU Asgard is so advanced that their science looks like magic.

TheLordofMurder
MCU Asgard is so advanced that their science looks like magic.

But that still doesn't say much...

Now for a Future Sentinel I can say that they are so advanced that they can mimic any mutant power they've acquired on demand...

They can Power Drain superpowered beings by touch...

They can adapt a counter to powers they've been exposed to on the fly...

They are techno-organic...

They are smart enough to come up with alternate plans on the fly when the original plan proved to not be ideal...

So, what factual evidence can you put forth to argue that the Destroyer is more advanced than a Future Sentinel?

TheLordofMurder
@Psychotron

What has the Destroyer shown to suggest that it is more advanced than the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2qnGg_SSs

Psychotron
I'm just going off based on what was said in the movies. Yeah, the Sentinel is better by feats.

Juk3n
I'm gonna agree with the schizophrenic dude.

Sentinels are better, by feats. So Destroyer wins.

/Shrug

Psychotron
Wise choice.

TheLordofMurder
Interesting...

The voting stands at 3-1 in favor of the Destroyer, yet not one of you have an argument that supports your vote...

Does anyone here have a point of view that's Pro-Destroyer that has any substance to it?

I've given reasons and footage to support the Future Sentinel being more advanced technologically...

Lets hear your argument that Pro-Destroyer people...

Silent Master
How about this, the Asgardian Destroyer was so advanced it was able to pick up and transmit communications across dimensions.

Silent Master
I meant planets, not dimensions.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Silent Master

That's not terrible, but its nothing compared to what a Future Sentinel brings to the table...

Current, real world, technology can do what the Destroyer did transmission wise (and we've had this capability for decades now)...

So, its something, but nothing special...

Certainly nothing compared to what we've seen with the Future Sentinels...

TheLordofMurder
Anyway, the voting currently stands at 5-1 in favor of the Destroyer despite the lack of a compelling argument in favor of the Destroyer...

You guys lack of a proper argument confirms what I suspected to be true:

The Future Sentinels are more advanced than the Asgardian Destroyer, and this is especially true when you look at their technological feats...

smile

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
That's not terrible, but its nothing compared to what a Future Sentinel brings to the table...

Current, real world, technology can do what the Destroyer did transmission wise (and we've had this capability for decades now)...

So, its something, but nothing special...

Certainly nothing compared to what we've seen with the Future Sentinels...

It's amusing that you're so ignorant as to believe that real-time transmission across the solar system currently exists in real life.

Impediment
The Destroyer isn't a mutant, so how will the sentinel adapt? Asgardian technology is too advanced.

Psychotron
Anyway, the voting currently stands at 5-1 in favor of the Destroyer despite the lack of a compelling argument in favor of the Destroyer...

You guys lack of a proper argument confirms what I suspected to be true:

The Future Sentinels are more advanced than the Asgardian Destroyer, and this is especially true when you look at their technological feats...

smile

You sound salty right now.

TheLordofMurder
It's amusing that you're so ignorant as to believe that real-time transmission across the solar system currently exists in real life.

Its amusing that you are so ignorant that you are unaware that we are doing this right now...

Ever heard of Voyager 1?

Maybe not; you are too young to have heard of it...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Impediment
The Destroyer isn't a mutant, so how will the sentinel adapt? Asgardian technology is too advanced.

I see you didnt read the OP; its not a fight...

Now tell me what is "too advanced" about the Destroyer...

Go ahead...I'll wait...back it up by feats btw; I can back up the Future Sentinels with feats.

TheLordofMurder
You sound salty right now.

Not salty at all...

But I know I am correct, and this thread proves it...

Based off of what we saw, the Future Sentinel is more advanced; you even agreed with this and stated it yourself...

TheLordofMurder
I think some of you (like Silent Master) dont want to accept the fact that, based on current evidence:

Future Sentinel technology>>The Asgardian Destroyers technology

Psychotron
Not salty at all...

But I know I am correct, and this thread proves it...

Based off of what we saw, the Future Sentinel is more advanced; you even agreed with this and stated it yourself...

6 to 1 now.

I didn't agree I said his feats are better, but the implied power of the Destroyer is far greater.

TheLordofMurder
6 to 1 now.

I didn't agree I said his feats are better, but the implied power of the Destroyer is far greater.

Feats/showings>>>>>>word service

Based on all available evidence, the Future Sentinel is more advanced...

KingD19
It took a God using the power of a hammer forged in the heart of a dying star to reflect Destroyer's death beam back at it to finally defeat it.

And Sentinels can absorb "mutants", not superhumans of any type.

Psychotron
Feats/showings>>>>>>word service

Based on all available evidence, the Future Sentinel is more advanced...

Looks like everyone disagrees.

Sable
Originally posted by KingD19
It took a God using the power of a hammer forged in the heart of a dying star to reflect Destroyer's death beam back at it to finally defeat it.

And Sentinels can absorb "mutants", not superhumans of any type.

Thor isn't God. He's not even a small god. As Odin said they are not gods.

FrothByte
Ok I'll give this a shot.

The sentinels are able to copy and mimic mutant powers. Mutant powers are a result of mutation in a human's DNA. In short, if you were able to input human DNA on a sentinel and then make it smart enough that it can detect what the anomalies are in a mutant's DNA, then they can replicated that mutant DNA powers. So technically all a sentinel is is a robot with human DNA and the ability to detect mutated DNA and apply it to itself. It's very complex, but at least it's explainable.

Now the Destroyer, from what we've seen it's basically built from bands of metal and is hollow inside, yet for some reason it's able to walk, fight and blast energy beams without any power source. Loki is seemingly able to communicate and order it around with a thought. We didn't see any communication device from Loki or whatever. So while the Destroyer armor feats are simpler than those of the sentinel, I have no explanation for how the Destroyer is able to do what it is able to do. And that's what makes it more technologically advanced. Because it basically stopped being "technological" and moved into "magical".

Silent Master
Its amusing that you are so ignorant that you are unaware that we are doing this right now...

Ever heard of Voyager 1?

Maybe not; you are too young to have heard of it...

Voyager 1 isn't an example of us having the ability to send commmunications across the galaxy at millions of times the speed of light and it's sad that you don't know that.

Originally posted by FrothByte

The sentinels are able to copy and mimic mutant powers. Mutant powers are a result of mutation in a human's DNA. In short, if you were able to input human DNA on a sentinel and then make it smart enough that it can detect what the anomalies are in a mutant's DNA, then they can replicated that mutant DNA powers. So technically all a sentinel is is a robot with human DNA and the ability to detect mutated DNA and apply it to itself. It's very complex, but at least it's explainable.

Now the Destroyer, from what we've seen it's basically built from bands of metal and is hollow inside, yet for some reason it's able to walk, fight and blast energy beams without any power source. Loki is seemingly able to communicate and order it around with a thought. We didn't see any communication device from Loki or whatever. So while the Destroyer armor feats are simpler than those of the sentinel, I have no explanation for how the Destroyer is able to do what it is able to do. And that's what makes it more technologically advanced. Because it basically stopped being "technological" and moved into "magical".

You're talking to a guy that doesn't know what communication delay is, you might want to use smaller words.

KingD19
Wouldn't the simple act of forging the Destroyer with the Dwarves/Asgardians thousands of years of highly advanced tech make it by definition more advanced than the Sentinel?

Psychotron
That was my reasoning. Their tech is so advanced it looks like magic to humans.

K-Dog
The Destroyer is magical and way beyond human understanding, but so is a guy transmuting into biological metal and going from lifting 500 lbs to 50-100 tons. Or a guy turning into fire and flying or another guy freezing an ice rink in a few seconds. That's waaayyyy beyond detecting and copying normal human DNA as we know it. Does that mean the sentinel tech is beyond comprehension also? Probably not because the movies make it "realistic" that human DNA changes can actually do this, and the machines are just replicating this DNA. I guess....so Destroyer is more tech advanced. Does this make sense?

K-Dog
Originally posted by K-Dog
The Destroyer is magical and way beyond human understanding, but so is a guy transmuting into biological metal and going from lifting 500 lbs to 50-100 tons. Or a guy turning into fire and flying or another guy freezing an ice rink in a few seconds. That's waaayyyy beyond normal human DNA as we know it. Does that mean the sentinel tech is beyond comprehension also? Probably not because the movies make it "realistic" that human DNA changes can actually do this, and the machines are just replicating this DNA. I guess....so Destroyer is more tech advanced. Does this make sense?

NemeBro

Now the Destroyer, from what we've seen it's basically built from bands of metal and is hollow inside, yet for some reason it's able to walk, fight and blast energy beams without any power source. Loki is seemingly able to communicate and order it around with a thought. We didn't see any communication device from Loki or whatever. So while the Destroyer armor feats are simpler than those of the sentinel, I have no explanation for how the Destroyer is able to do what it is able to do. And that's what makes it more technologically advanced. Because it basically stopped being "technological" and moved into "magical". Probably the best answer so far. The Sentinel is more impressive in a fight IIRC, but the Destroyer defies any scientific explanation and seemingly defies laws like the conservation of energy.

Impediment
I see you didnt read the OP; its not a fight...

Now tell me what is "too advanced" about the Destroyer...

Go ahead...I'll wait...back it up by feats btw; I can back up the Future Sentinels with feats.

The OP was read just fine.

Asgardian tech is too advanced.

Case closed.

TheLordofMurder
Voyager 1 isn't an example of us having the ability to send commmunications across the galaxy at millions of times the speed of light and it's sad that you don't know that.

You're talking to a guy that doesn't know what communication delay is, you might want to use smaller words.

You an idiot that has shifted goal posts twice now with your silly argument...

1st, it was planetary transmission...current humans got that.

2nd, you jump to Solar System wide transmission...current humans got that too.

3rd, now you say galaxy wide transmission millions of times faster than light...lol.

You are a fanboyish idiot who cant formulate a coherent argument to save your life...

You are the only troll here that rivals quanchi...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by KingD19
Wouldn't the simple act of forging the Destroyer with the Dwarves/Asgardians thousands of years of highly advanced tech make it by definition more advanced than the Sentinel?

Nope...

Not without feats and a concrete argument to back it up...

TheLordofMurder

At last...

A real argument; thank you Froth...

You have accomplished what no one else here could... thumb up

Your argument makes perfect sense and I cant readily come up with a counterargument...

Well done...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Impediment
The OP was read just fine.

Asgardian tech is too advanced.

Case closed.

But you see, that argument of yours doesn't hold water...

You cant simply say its more advanced 'just because" its Asgardian; you gotta be able to explain what makes it more advanced...

You should know better than that when it comes to debating...

So no: "Asgardian tech is too advanced. Case Closed." is not an argument...

That's you putting forth a view point without anything of substance to back it up and then putting your fingers in your ears and ignoring the evidence that contradicts your view point...

Silent Master
You an idiot that has shifted goal posts twice now with your silly argument...

1st, it was planetary transmission...current humans got that.

2nd, you jump to Solar System wide transmission...current humans got that too.

3rd, now you say galaxy wide transmission millions of times faster than light...lol.

You are a fanboyish idiot who cant formulate a coherent argument to save your life...

You are the only troll here that rivals quanchi...

I never said planetary and no, we don't have real time communication between planets, let alone across the solar system or Galaxy. You need to educate yourself

TheLordofMurder

Proof that you are a liar...

Silent Master
Proof that you are a liar...

More like proof that you can't read.

You're purposely misunderstanding my point and then using your misunderstanding to claim I'm shifting the goalposts.

TheLordofMurder
More like proof that you can't read.

You're purposely misunderstanding my point and then using your misunderstanding to claim I'm shifting the goalposts.

I haven't misunderstood a thing; you are a LIAR and I've demonstrated it...

Cheers...

smile

Silent Master
The only thing you've demonstrated is that you don't understand what communication delay is.

TheLordofMurder
The only thing you've demonstrated is that you don't understand what communication delay is.

Nope, I've demonstrated that you are a filthy LIAR who is only surpassed in trolling prowess by quanchi112...

Silent Master
Seeing as planetary and planets are two different words, all you are proving is your ignorance.

TheLordofMurder
Seeing as planetary and planets are two different words, all you are proving is your ignorance.

I've proved that you are a horrible person and a LIAR...

smile

Silent Master
No, you've proven that you don't know what words mean.

Sable
Just another example of Lord of Murders being destroyed.

Sable
laughing out loud

Sable
Destroyer Shit stomps, look at that poll.

Juk3n
The Dead Sea is one of the saltiest places on earth.

Second only to the maker of this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.