Immigration Reform: The RAISE Act

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
President Trump introducing legislation today along with Senator Cotton and Purdue to curb legal immigration to a similar policy of Canadian and Australia's immigration policy with a point based/ merit based system to receive a green card under the new reforms.

It favors applicants that can do the following:

Speak English
Prove they have the job skills required to maintain basic standards of living without welfare.
Prove they can sustain themselves

Kurk
Great Plan. Let's bring in those who have market value and the ability to live independently which of course requires discipline.

Sable
People on twitter are already calling this racist, sexist, xenophobic, you know same old stuff.

Funny thing is, they love the Canadians and their leader, who does the exact same thing.

Surtur
Originally posted by Sable
People on twitter are already calling this racist, sexist, xenophobic, you know same old stuff.

Funny thing is, they love the Canadians and their leader, who does the exact same thing.

Yep, they are whining over Trump and Sessions looking to end discriminatory practices in colleges as well. Yep, ending racist programs is now racism lol.

But yeah, this isn't racist either. Race is not a factor, but competency is. Xenophobic people wouldn't want to let anyone in regardless of skill level. As for sexist, was there a "no girls allowed" clause included? Otherwise isn't it sexist to assume that only accepting skilled people will be harmful to women? Lol, there isn't even a method to the madness anymore.

Emperordmb
Sessions doing something I approve of, credit where credit's due. I still want him out of any position of executive power for his opposition to not only recreational but medical marijuana, and due to his support of civil asset forfeiture which is a concept that is rotten to the core and even more rotten in practice.

For those that don't know, civil asset forfeiture is when law enforcement can take your property if it suspects its involvement in criminal activity without even charging you with a crime, and because your property has less rights than you do it is considered guilty until proven innocent rather than innocent until proven guilty, so if you don't pay for legal representation that can prove your property's innocence you lose it. What's worse is that law enforcement agencies get to keep all of the money from civil asset forfeiture and essentially spend it with no restrictions, which certainly motivates more abuse of this power.

jaden101
Immigration policy will always be dictated by economic necessity than political pandering. Nobody cares about highly skilled, English speaking fruit pickers. If businesses want cheap labour they'll get cheap labour. Up until the day Americans stop allowing businesses to control politicians.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden101
Immigration policy will always be dictated by economic necessity than political pandering. Nobody cares about highly skilled, English speaking fruit pickers. If businesses want cheap labour they'll get cheap labour. Up until the day Americans stop allowing businesses to control politicians.

Please somebody invent robots that can pick fruit.

Flyattractor
ICE makes a decent start, but a long way still to go.

The Ice is Getting HOT!

Sable
Everyone has been talking about immigration reform for 30 years, now we have a chance, and the stupid democrats don't want it?

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Please somebody invent robots that can pick fruit.

You could stop committing unemployment fraud and get a job picking fruit, that would be one less immigrant which you can't stand doing it

Surtur
Everyone has been talking about immigration reform for 30 years, now we have a chance, and the stupid democrats don't want it?

You have to keep in mind that usually when a leftist talks about reforming immigration what they really mean is they want to find a way of legally letting even more people in than we already do.

Robtard
TIL: "Leftist" are the only people who profit from cheap illegal immigrant labor

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
You could stop committing unemployment fraud and get a job picking fruit, that would be one less immigrant which you can't stand doing it

Lol so robots trigger you now? Damn. Short Circuit is a great movie.

But why would they hire me when they can pay an illegal under the table?

Surtur
TIL: "Leftist" are the only people who profit from cheap illegal immigrant labor

But I never said that at all. What I said was that whenever they talk about immigration reform their goals had to do with letting more people in.

Flyattractor
Don't get to excited Surt. If we do get rid of "all the mexicans" . That will be when Robbie starts calling for Voting Rights for the Robots.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Don't get to excited Surt. If we do get rid of "all the mexicans" . That will be when Robbie starts calling for Voting Rights for the Robots.

If we require them to have robot ID's in order to vote it is obviously an act of bigotry that would leave us one step away from a Matrix-esque situation.

Flyattractor
They are being held back by Roboscism!

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
For those that don't know, civil asset forfeiture is when law enforcement can take your property if it suspects its involvement in criminal activity without even charging you with a crime, and because your property has less rights than you do it is considered guilty until proven innocent rather than innocent until proven guilty, so if you don't pay for legal representation that can prove your property's innocence you lose it. What's worse is that law enforcement agencies get to keep all of the money from civil asset forfeiture and essentially spend it with no restrictions, which certainly motivates more abuse of this power. Sounds awful, how do they expect to find the prison space to house all these properties?

Sable
Jim Acosta embarrassed again on live TV over immigration.

https://heavy.com/news/2017/08/watch-stephen-miller-white-house-press-briefing-cnn-jim-acosta-ignorant-foolish/

This is fcking hilarious.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Sounds awful, how do they expect to find the prison space to house all these properties?

Ship them all to the U.K and Europe. You guys still have that Big Open Border Policy don't you?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Sounds awful, how do they expect to find the prison space to house all these properties?
They either repurpose the property for their own use or auction it off and keep the money.

Robtard
TBF, this proposed law looks sensible on paper, just reading the snippets.

I just wish Trump would lead by example and instead of his hotels and clubs importing in foreign labor like they do, he'd make it a policy to only hire Americans. I'm sure there's Americans willing to be the cooks, maids and servers.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Ship them all to the U.K and Europe. You guys still have that Big Open Border Policy don't you? We also having a housing crisis yeah, send em over.

Sable
TBF, this proposed law looks sensible on paper, just reading the snippets.

I just wish Trump would lead by example and instead of his hotels and clubs importing in foreign labor like they do, he'd make it a policy to only hire Americans. I'm sure there's Americans willing to be the cooks, maids and servers.

H1B is a completely different law and policy and guidelines then Green Cards. Convoluting the two and acting like its the same issue isn't right.

Surtur
Jim Acosta embarrassed again on live TV over immigration.

https://heavy.com/news/2017/08/watch-stephen-miller-white-house-press-briefing-cnn-jim-acosta-ignorant-foolish/

This is fcking hilarious.

Lol DAMN. Owned. Jim Acosta just went full retard. He also wouldn't shut the f*ck up lol. Be quiet and let the guy talk, how is this man still employed?

Sable
Watch the whole thing, its even better.

H-J4FvxtD9I

Robtard
H1B is a completely different law and policy and guidelines then Green Cards. Convoluting the two and acting like its the same issue isn't right.

Okay, you're right there, was an unfair comparison thumb up

Still wish Trump would lead by example and hire Americans instead of importing cheap(er) foreign labor. Bringing back jobs, hiring American, being made in America, buying American etc was one of his keystones and he's a massive offender on all fronts.

Sable
Okay, you're right there, was an unfair comparison thumb up

Still wish Trump would lead by example and hire Americans instead of importing cheap(er) foreign labor. Bringing back jobs, hiring American, being made in America, buying American etc was one of his keystones and he's a massive offender there.

He does have some egg on his face for the H1B program, but its equal hypocrisy for liberals to criticize him for it, when they support this type of program.

Surtur
Watch the whole thing, its even better.

H-J4FvxtD9I

They are literally getting triggered over the fact they are saying they want skilled people who are actually capable of speaking our language lol. This is insanity.

I love the part where he says to Jim "Do you truly not know the difference between green card policy and illegal immigration?".

I love this interview because what Jim Acosta just did is display everything that is wrong with CNN in the span of around 7 minutes. It's all there: the hysteria, the strawman's, the fundamental misunderstanding of history, etc.

Robtard
Anyhow, I can't see this law getting anywhere when it comes down to the nitty gritty. Illegal immigrants make the rich richer with their cheap labor. Farming, construction, textile, dairy, hospitality and so forth massively profit by keeping their overhead down hiring these people.

Sable
Jim got so embarrassed he really should just resign. I have never seen anything this embarrassing. He literally thinks the only people that come here that speak English are from Great Britain and Australia. I mean that is so degrading its hard to even watch.

Secondly, speaking English is part of being naturalizedlaughing out loud

LITERALLY ITS THE LAW.

Sable
Anyhow, I can't see this law getting anywhere when it comes down to the nitty gritty. Illegal immigrants make the rich richer with their cheap labor. Farming, construction, textile, dairy, hospitality and so forth massively profit by keeping their overhead down hiring these people.

So why would the democrats not support it, since they are all about not making the rich richer. This bill should have 48 automatic votes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because Democratic reps are almost as invested in being corporate shills as the other side.

Surtur
So why would the democrats not support it, since they are all about not making the rich richer. This bill should have 48 automatic votes.

They won't support it because it's coming from Trump.

Surtur
Jim got so embarrassed he really should just resign. I have never seen anything this embarrassing. He literally thinks the only people that come here that speak English are from Great Britain and Australia. I mean that is so degrading its hard to even watch.

Secondly, speaking English is part of being naturalizedlaughing out loud

LITERALLY ITS THE LAW.

He also talks about how they will immigrate here and then learn english later on in life. This is not always true lol. There is a very very large amount of hispanics that live where I live on the south side of Chicago. You would not believe how many times I have encountered a family where the only ones who truly speak english are the children. The parents merely know a few phrases, if that. I have met people who have been here for decades who just can't speak english. They just refuse to learn.

Sable
Since the democrats don't think unchecked immigration affects wages, why don't we start putting lawyers, lobbiests, doctors, computer programmers, to the front of the line and see what happens

Surtur
Since the democrats don't think unchecked immigration affects wages, why don't we start putting lawyers, lobbiests, doctors, computer programmers, to the front of the line and see what happens

But..but the statue of liberty.

Sable
Listen here you. Its Miller Time

H-J4FvxtD9I

BackFire
Sounds like this proposal may already be dead as it stands.

Lindsey Graham and the other SC Senator are on the record being opposed to this measure.

http://www.postandcourier.com/politics/lindsey-graham-says-trump-s-immigration-proposal-would-be-devastating/article_a28a1a52-77b0-11e7-aba1-bbb38f874191.html

Sable
Well we know Rubes are corporate sellouts. So this should have 48 democrats, and Trump can find 12 republicans.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
Sounds like this proposal may already be dead as it stands.

Lindsey Graham and the other SC Senator are on the record being opposed to this measure.

http://www.postandcourier.com/politics/lindsey-graham-says-trump-s-immigration-proposal-would-be-devastating/article_a28a1a52-77b0-11e7-aba1-bbb38f874191.html

Yeah, thing is....

Lindsey Graham Appears Not To Understand The Immigration Bill He Opposes

Surtur
Well we know Rubes are corporate sellouts. So this should have 48 democrats, and Trump can find 12 republicans.

I never thought it would get passed, but I did enjoy seeing the utter hysteria of people:

LMfKSfFKtOY

Hell just the Miller/Acosta confrontation makes this all worth it, no matter what happens.

Sable
Polls by state show overwhelming Support for the RAISE ACT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.