Handmaid's Tale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
Very surprised there's no thread on this show. I think it's the best show I've seen since Breaking Bad, was incredibly impressed with it. Great acting and a very unique and compelling take on the dystopian future trope.

Also some very disturbing and powerful moments.

Any other thoughts?

samhain
Very tough show to watch, compelling but uncomfortable at times is what I mean. Think they did a great job of capturing the feel of the novel with the costumes and set design and the original content really does add extra layers that improve the story. The only slight downside for me would be that in the novel there's not much clue as to how much time has passed since the end of days so to speak IIRC, yet in the show (for obvious reasons) you can clearly tell that it's been around 7 or 8 years and it's a little difficult to see how a society like the one we see in the show could have established itself so thoroughly in such an amount of time. Looking forward to a second season as like The Man In The High Castle, the first season pretty much covered the whole story and we'll be venturing into new territory.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.