Wonder Woman Vs Asgardian Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Who wins

Silent Master
She obviously can't replicate Thor's tactic, but I still think she'd win.

carthage
Diana pretty easily

The Destroyer was weak offensively

Silent Master
Originally posted by carthage
Diana pretty easily

The Destroyer was weak offensively

The Destroyer disintegrated Frost Giants, but thanks for proving your massive bias.

Psychotron
Wonder Woman, I guess. The Destroyer didn't have any really impressive feats.

Sable
Originally posted by Silent Master
The Destroyer disintegrated Frost Giants, but thanks for proving your massive bias.

Featless frost giants.

carthage
Frost Giants >>> Doomsday/Ares

If you think otherwise you're a DC fanboy

Sable
Lol

Silent Master
Originally posted by carthage
Frost Giants >>> Doomsday/Ares

If you think otherwise you're a DC fanboy

Strawman. nice try though, at least you got TI's sock account to laugh.

Sable
What feats do those Frost Giants have, fee fee?

Zack M
Wondy

NemeBro
Strawman. nice try though, at least you got TI's sock account to laugh. It's not really a strawman when the Frost Giants would have to be somewhat comparable to what Diana has dealt with to even warrant their mention. If they are so far below what she's dealt with, why did you bring them up?

You should give this one up. You just look really stupid.

Silent Master
Originally posted by NemeBro
It's not really a strawman when the Frost Giants would have to be somewhat comparable to what Diana has dealt with to even warrant their mention. If they are so far below what she's dealt with, why did you bring them up?

I already said that WW wins, I brought the Frost Giants up to counter the idea that the Destroyer was weak offensively.

Sable

laughing out loud

NemeBro
I already said that WW wins, I brought the Frost Giants up to counter the idea that the Destroyer was weak offensively. It is weak offensively, compared to Diana and the foes she's fought. Diana slashing something with her sword by feats is far more impressive than anything the Destroyer has shown, based on her cutting Doomsday's arm off. It is similarly below Ares and Doomsday.

So what exactly are you comparing it to? Normal unarmed human beings? mmm

I don't think anyone (or more importantly, carthage) would dispute that, if that is what you are comparing its offensive output to. "Weak" is a subjective term, inherently relative to a baseline. Using Diana and friends as the baseline, the Destroyer's offensive power is certainly weak. Using a human being, it's not, but no one in this thread would do that. That would be dumb.

So what were you using as your arbitrary baseline in an attempt to #gottem carthage?

FrothByte
Bunch of points here:

1. Diana did not take on Doomsday alone. Did not defeat him on her own. To be honest, they probably wouldn't have defeated Doomsday had it not been for the kryptonite spear.

2. Diana is supposedly built specifically to kill Ares. I don't know exactly what that entails, but we can't assume she's as effective against other superpowers as she was against Ares.

3. She struggled against Ares.

In comparison:

4. Frost Giants are roughly as tough as Asgardians, maybe more. This is considering that Loki, a frost giant runt, has never been discovered to be anything more than Asgardian and has numerous durability feats like taking gunshots to the face and others.

5. The Destroyer disintegrated frost giants with absolute ease.

Now I'm not saying the Destroyer armor wins, but disintegrating those Frost giants shouldn't be something that's to be dismissed lightly. Destroyer definitely has more offensive output than Diana. What he lacks is feats, which is why it's hard to say if he can win this match or not.

Silent Master
It is weak offensively, compared to Diana and the foes she's fought. Diana slashing something with her sword by feats is far more impressive than anything the Destroyer has shown, based on her cutting Doomsday's arm off. It is similarly below Ares and Doomsday.

So what exactly are you comparing it to? Normal unarmed human beings? mmm

I don't think anyone (or more importantly, carthage) would dispute that, if that is what you are comparing its offensive output to. "Weak" is a subjective term, inherently relative to a baseline. Using Diana and friends as the baseline, the Destroyer's offensive power is certainly weak. Using a human being, it's not, but no one in this thread would do that. That would be dumb.

So what were you using as your arbitrary baseline in an attempt to #gottem carthage?

He didn't say anything about "in comparison" in the post I responded to. Also, A nuke might be weak compared to a supernova, but only a biased moron would call a nuke weak.

Steve Zodiac
Who wins?

Wonderwoman wins. Good thing I can say my "W's".

Khazra Reborn
Unless Diana can disintegrate the Destroyer like Thor did (doubtful) then I don't see how she'd win.

Sable
By cutting his head off

FrothByte
Diana doesn't have the offensive output of Thor. She's faster, more agile, seemingly stronger... but she doesn't have his offensive output. How is she supposed to destroy the destroyer? By stabbing it to death?

Sable
Cutting his head off.

relentless1
point can be made that she could at the very least deflect Destroyers blasts with her bracers. She absorbed Ares' output which is similar to Thors but that may have been specific to Ares so its hard to say if she could absorb and utilize its energy output.

BruceSkywalker
Diana loses

FrothByte
Thing is, I can see Diana running around Destroyer being unhittable, all the while giving the Destroyer hell. But in the end, I can't see how Diana takes out the Destroyer.

The Destroyer seems invulnerable to physical attacks, which leaves Diana's bracelet AOE... which I'm not sure packs enough punch to take out the Destroyer.

h1a8
Diana could possibly deflect the beam back at Destroyer.
Or was it also the impact from falling that did Destroyer in?

Sable
Originally posted by FrothByte
Thing is, I can see Diana running around Destroyer being unhittable, all the while giving the Destroyer hell. But in the end, I can't see how Diana takes out the Destroyer.

The Destroyer seems invulnerable to physical attacks, which leaves Diana's bracelet AOE... which I'm not sure packs enough punch to take out the Destroyer.

It was temporarily shut down by physical attacks. Its like you lie on purpose.

Psychotron
How is she supposed to destroy the destroyer? By stabbing it to death?

Why not? Does the Destroyer have any durability feats? Remember that Diana's sword was able to cut DD even when a nuke couldn't hurt him.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Diana could possibly deflect the beam back at Destroyer.
Or was it also the impact from falling that did Destroyer in?

She has no way of blocking his visor like Thor did with Mjolnir.

h1a8
She has no way of blocking his visor like Thor did with Mjolnir.

You mean deflecting it back at Destroyer? She can definitely block it though.
Deflection is iffy. The only evidence is her fight with Ares. Maybe she can absorb it and then reflect it back.

Silent Master
You mean deflecting it back at Destroyer? She can definitely block it though.
Deflection is iffy. The only evidence is her fight with Ares. Maybe she can absorb it and then reflect it back.

No, I mean he basically put Mjolnir inside the Destroyer's open visor, WW can't do that with her bracers.

Sable
Yes she can. If a hammer fit. So will her arms.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
Why not? Does the Destroyer have any durability feats? Remember that Diana's sword was able to cut DD even when a nuke couldn't hurt him.

And this is what I was saying, the Destroyer is disadvantaged because of lack of feats. But we do know that Sif and the Warriors 3 seemed at a loss of how to go about defeating it, and so far none of the physical attacks were able to take out the Destroyer.

Maybe Diana can cut it's head off, but it also might just rearrange its body around the blow if it lodges in it's neck. Or it might continue functioning even without a head.

Sable
No, I mean he basically put Mjolnir inside the Destroyer's open visor, WW can't do that with her bracers.

Why not?

h1a8
No, I mean he basically put Mjolnir inside the Destroyer's open visor, WW can't do that with her bracers. He didn't necessarily put it in his visor. We can't tell fully. He rather blocked the opening of the visor with Mjolnir so that the beam can be deflected back inside. It was Destroyer's beam that damaged it, not Mjolnir.

If WW can absorb the beams like she absorbed Ares energy attack then she can unleash it back within the opening of visor from a small distance away.

Psychotron
And this is what I was saying, the Destroyer is disadvantaged because of lack of feats. But we do know that Sif and the Warriors 3 seemed at a loss of how to go about defeating it, and so far none of the physical attacks were able to take out the Destroyer.

Maybe Diana can cut it's head off, but it also might just rearrange its body around the blow if it lodges in it's neck. Or it might continue functioning even without a head.

Wonder Woman is >>>>>>>> Sif and the Warriors Three, though I remember that she did manage to impale it with her spear, which took the armor out for a few seconds.

Or she could just chop it to pieces. Or use the lasso on it. If it held DD it can hold the Destroyer.

FrothByte
Wonder Woman is >>>>>>>> Sif and the Warriors Three, though I remember that she did manage to impale it with her spear, which took the armor out for a few seconds.

Or she could just chop it to pieces. Or use the lasso on it. If it held DD it can hold the Destroyer.

I wouldn't say Wonder Woman is that far above them. She's way faster yes, but Asgardians are more durable than her and their strength is not really that far off. Asgardian steel and weaponry is also nothing to be scoffed at and we can assume that the Destroyer is at least as durable as the average Asgardian sword. After all, why would Odin have made their ultimate weapon with weaker material than their average material?

And in the end, we really don't have any proof that Diana's sword can cut through Asgardian weaponry, which means we have no proof that she can cut through the Destroyer. And even if she does cut through it, then what? It doesn't have vital organs that she can injure. It can't bleed out. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't have internal mechanical parts that she can destroy. It doesn't have a power source that she can incapacitate.

Khazra Reborn

She could prob cut it, but it's a self repairing construct that feels no pain. Cutting it won't get her anywhere.

Silent Master
He didn't necessarily put it in his visor. We can't tell fully. He rather blocked the opening of the visor with Mjolnir so that the beam can be deflected back inside. It was Destroyer's beam that damaged it, not Mjolnir.

If WW can absorb the beams like she absorbed Ares energy attack then she can unleash it back within the opening of visor from a small distance away.

For crying out loud xfBsH24DTaY

WW has no way to replicate this tactic.

Sable
Bunch of points here:

1. Diana did not take on Doomsday alone. Did not defeat him on her own. To be honest, they probably wouldn't have defeated Doomsday had it not been for the kryptonite spear.

What a load, Thor would have never defeated Mal without his girlfriend, see how that works?

K-Dog
Doomsday took a nuke, and she cut off his arm. She also somehow blocked his wide spreading heat vision with her bracers, then redirected it back at him. Not sure if she can beat the destroyer.

Sable
She cuts his head off. Or shoves her arms up his ahole.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
She could prob cut it, but it's a self repairing construct that feels no pain. Cutting it won't get her anywhere.

It sure repaired itself when Thor kicked its ass.

I wouldn't say Wonder Woman is that far above them. She's way faster yes, but Asgardians are more durable than her and their strength is not really that far off. Asgardian steel and weaponry is also nothing to be scoffed at and we can assume that the Destroyer is at least as durable as the average Asgardian sword. After all, why would Odin have made their ultimate weapon with weaker material than their average material?

And in the end, we really don't have any proof that Diana's sword can cut through Asgardian weaponry, which means we have no proof that she can cut through the Destroyer. And even if she does cut through it, then what? It doesn't have vital organs that she can injure. It can't bleed out. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't have internal mechanical parts that she can destroy. It doesn't have a power source that she can incapacitate.

Based on what are they more durable? Diana took hits from DD. If Sif or any of the warriors got hit by Doomsday they'd get pasted. Now, I know you're gonna say they're bullet proof and that Wonder Woman had to block bullets, but she's taken far worse attacks and we've never seen what actually happens if she gets shot.

Her sword cut a a far more durable opponent (Doomsday) and Sif was able to damage the armor. She can just cut it to shreds. And what happens if Diana uses the lasso?

FrothByte
It sure repaired itself when Thor kicked its ass.

Based on what are they more durable? Diana took hits from DD. If Sif or any of the warriors got hit by Doomsday they'd get pasted. Now, I know you're gonna say they're bullet proof and that Wonder Woman had to block bullets, but she's taken far worse attacks and we've never seen what actually happens if she gets shot.

Her sword cut a a far more durable opponent (Doomsday) and Sif was able to damage the armor. She can just cut it to shreds. And what happens if Diana uses the lasso?

Dude, she got cut during a scuffle with WW1 soldiers. Asgardians have taken on bullets and tactical knives without a scratch.

Psychotron
Dude, she got cut during a scuffle with WW1 soldiers. Asgardians have taken on bullets and tactical knives without a scratch.

I must have missed that then. When did it happen? Either way, her blunt force and energy durability greatly exceed the Asgardians'.

Sable
Hes a bias marvel thorbag.

Silent Master
Check around 4:06 and you'll see the wound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOkpDfQVGQo

Sable

How is that possible when that clip isnt even close to 4 minutes long?

Silent Master
The clip is over 13 minutes long.

Sable
Ah, it skipped to next video for me. Anyways, didnt she get an upgrade post that showing?

Silent Master
I don't recall her getting hit with any slashing or piercing attacks after that, so it's impossible to say how well she'd stand up to them.

I don't think it matters, as the Destroyer doesn't really use slashing or piercing attacks.

Sable
Yea she seemes to shrug off energy based attacks.

FrothByte
I must have missed that then. When did it happen? Either way, her blunt force and energy durability greatly exceed the Asgardians'.

It's during the fight in the beach. I'm not denying that she has some pretty good blunt force durability... I don't recall her tanking a lot of energy attacks though.

In any case, I'm not saying Asgardians can defeat her. I'm just calling a tomato a tomato, and pointing out that Asgardians have so far shown better durability since she seems susceptible to bullets and blades.

Sable
I guess lightning isnt energy now. What a joke.

Silent Master
It's during the fight in the beach. I'm not denying that she has some pretty good blunt force durability... I don't recall her getting hit by energy attacks though.

In any case, I'm not saying Asgardians can defeat her. I'm just calling a tomato a tomato, and pointing out that Asgardians have so far shown better durability since she seems susceptible to bullets and blades.

Even thought I think WW wins, I think that the Destroyer is being majorly low-balled here. I mean even after Thor caused it's disintegration beam to back-up and cause an internal explosion, the armor itself wasn't damaged. that and it casually backhanded a flying car. indicating that it's strength is well into the multi-ton range.

Also, the Destroyer isn't actually solid metal, Sif didn't pierce it with her spear, she stabbed it between the armor bands.

Arachnid1
at least you got TI's sock account to laugh. Is that who that is?

lol

h1a8
For crying out loud xfBsH24DTaY

WW has no way to replicate this tactic. The tactic of putting Mjolnir at the root of its visor? Sure. The tactic of sending its beam energy back inside its visor. Perhaps and debatable.

Silent Master
The tactic of putting Mjolnir at the root of its visor? Sure. The tactic of sending its beam energy back inside its visor. Perhaps and debatable.

It's not debatable.

Psychotron

Okay, I guess she has the same shit piercing durability as in the comics. I don't know how that helps the Destroyer, though.

Psychotron
It's during the fight in the beach. I'm not denying that she has some pretty good blunt force durability... I don't recall her tanking a lot of energy attacks though.

I guess we can chalk that up to her being magic or whatever. I still say the warriors would get killed by Doomsday's hits.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sable
Hes a bias marvel thorbag.

Think it's clear where the bias is from this comment.

Sable
No I love Thor, but the wank he gets is out of control. It makes the character worse by the wank. When its easy to just represent him as what he is.

h1a8
It's not debatable. She has shown the ability to absorb energy and to send it back. It's debatable that she can absorb the energy and get close enough and send it back inside the visor.

h1a8
Dude, she got cut during a scuffle with WW1 soldiers. Asgardians have taken on bullets and tactical knives without a scratch. All Asgardians are different. Different powers and abilities and different species. Loki is a frost giant for crying out loud.
IMO, Sif is not bulletproof or tactical knife proof. The writer portrayed this when her armor blocked the shotgun shot.

Even Thor got stabbed by a knife. There is no where in all the movies that points to Asgardians knifes being more durable than human knives. To say so is to make stuff up.

Silent Master
She has shown the ability to absorb energy and to send it back. It's debatable that she can absorb the energy and get close enough and send it back inside the visor.

Let's start with the most obvious flaw, why would she even try?

Silent Master
Like I said, I believe she wins. I'm just not convinced she'll be able to cut it's head off. remember, The Destroyer isn't solid metal, Sif stabbed between the metal bands, not through them.

FrothByte
All Asgardians are different. Different powers and abilities and different species. Loki is a frost giant for crying out loud.
IMO, Sif is not bulletproof or tactical knife proof. The writer portrayed this when her armor blocked the shotgun shot.

Even Thor got stabbed by a knife. There is no where in all the movies that points to Asgardians knifes being more durable than human knives. To say so is to make stuff up.

There's so much dumb stuff here to even reply to.

Sable
Most of your posts are like that tbh.

Silent Master

I have to ask, are you retarded or just trolling?

Sable
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.