Most useless force ability?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
???

ares834
I'm sure there are far more useless abilities, but of the "major" powers Lightning has to be one of the most useless.

Sinious
Tell that to Savage smile

Haschwalth
Tell that to Revan.

Tell that to the tortured.

Tell that to Luke.

Kurk
Tell that to Anakin lol
http://68.media.tumblr.com/5b9e013c282f0aac7440541d10197b0d/tumblr_nb7c7znaMK1tiuwuko8_1280.jpg
https://www.retrozap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/anakin-electrocuted.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11113/111137054/4057319-gfhfghfghfg.gif

ares834
The fact that it takes the absolute best to really get any decent use out of it shows how useless it is. Something like TK is far more useful simply because of the versatility it affords.

Beniboybling
lol wut?

thesithmaster
Lightning isn't useful? LOL. It was the only reason Dooku survived the attack on his life by the Dathomirian duo.

SunRazer
Ares is saying that for most people, TK is more useful because you have to be really good at Lightning to make much use out of it. With TK, you don't have to be a master to benefit greatly from it.

Beniboybling
Right and that's not true? Force lightning is practiced effectively across the spectrum lel.

Ares is just tryna be #alternative. sad

ares834
Not really.

Regardless, what ability is less useful? TK, telepathy, precog? All of those abilities seems far more useful it only because they can be used in multiple ways. Lightning can only really be used to shock people. But even then, it's not all that effective as someone far weaker than the user can block it as we seen when AotC Kenobi casually blocks Dooku's lightning.

ares834
Thinking about it, I guess absorb is a less useful ability that we see several times in the films as well.

Zenwolf
Can't really think of any useless ability, since most can be used in some way or another. Might not be used all the time or very rarely, but it's an option.

Kurk
Force scream?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve1889zS030

Zenwolf
That's more an involuntary ability, wouldn't really call it something that Force Users can do on a whim. Though I mean if you wanna include it as an actual ability, then sure I can see that.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ares834
Not really.

Regardless, what ability is less useful? TK, telepathy, precog? All of those abilities seems far more useful it only because they can be used in multiple ways. Lightning can only really be used to shock people. But even then, it's not all that effective as someone far weaker than the user can block it as we seen when AotC Kenobi casually blocks Dooku's lightning. It can be used to inflict on people excruciating, incapacitating and some times lethal injury yes, while simultaneously weakening their life force. Non-Force sensitives are pretty much helpless against it, and you only need be moderately powerful to be able to kill enemies with it quickly and in numbers.

The only defence the vast majority of Force wielder's have is his or her lightsaber. Granted its a very good one, but should their opponent be able to bypass it, or should they lack the ability, they are more often that not screwed, or in significant trouble, even if their opponent is notably weaker than them.

Which is another advantage of Force lightning, it oversells the wielder's ability pretty massively, Mighella for example was able to bring Maul to his knees with a direct hit. And though he was able to ultimately overcome it, it still gave him difficulty, and no doubt he was helped considerably by his insane endurance capabilities. And frankly I cannot think of an instance in which anyone has done the same.

It has been described, categorically, as a challenge for even "the most powerful Jedi Masters" deflect, this should really tell you all you need to know about its usefulness.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/e80aaa091cdf453caf14a4b410fbda69/tumblr_on36zgejOy1u3k8sgo3_r1_540.gif

ares834
Which doesn't really contradict anything I've said. The ability is still limited to solely combat. Not only is TK nearly as useful in combat, but it has a myriad of other useful abilities as well. Now, I'm not saying lightning is useless. That's obviously not the case. But the other major abilities we see in the film are more useful (aside from Force absorb).

Zenwolf
How is Force Absorb not useful?

ares834
facepalm

Christ. Of course it's useful. It's just less useful than other abilities such as TK, telepathy, precog or even lightning.

Zenwolf
Well less useful yes, I can agree there.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ares834
Which doesn't really contradict anything I've said. The ability is still limited to solely combat. Not only is TK nearly as useful in combat, but it has a myriad of other useful abilities as well. Now, I'm not saying lightning is useless. That's obviously not the case. But the other major abilities we see in the film are more useful (aside from Force absorb). Sure it does, like this:Originally posted by ares834
The fact that it takes the absolute best to really get any decent use out of it shows how useless it is.
Happy to have cleared things up. sad

ares834
Yeah, like I said "shows how useless it is". That doesn't have to mean that the ability is useless. Only that it shows the degree to how useless the ability is.

But yeah, I'm glad to have cleared it up for you. smile

Beniboybling
No old man try the other end. But I'm bored now so I'll leave you to your #seniormoments. bye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.