Vote for, or vote against?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
When you cast a vote, are you typcally voting for a party, it's platforms, ideology, people, ect?

Or are you more often voting against a party/associated values and people you strongly disagree with, and can't see yourself ever supporting?

Been wondering how often a vote cast for someone is really a vote cast FOR someone, and not a "Ok, I can live with herpes, while diabetes might actually kill me.. And cancer, lets not even talk about cancer.."

jaden101
Being in the UK, we have a website called voteforpolicies that lets you choose policies from manifestos without naming the party that the policy comes from. You pick the broad issues that matter to you most (healthcare, environment, education, security etc) then you say which policies you like then you get a shortlist and you pick the one that suits you most. At the end it gives you a pie chart of which parties you most agree with.

I try to use that at every election but sometimes my best matched party isn't standing a candidate in my area.

socool8520
Honestly, I have never voted. I've been out of the country for the last 2-3 elections. I also read up on the two candidates and realize that I'm only down with a handful of the issues what they are pushing as their platform. But, I would vote more for the causes I believe in rather than vote against a specific party just because I dislike the party. That's just stupid imo.

socool8520
Originally posted by jaden101
Being in the UK, we have a website called voteforpolicies that lets you choose policies from manifestos without naming the party that the policy comes from. You pick the broad issues that matter to you most (healthcare, environment, education, security etc) then you say which policies you like then you get a shortlist and you pick the one that suits you most. At the end it gives you a pie chart of which parties you most agree with.

I try to use that at every election but sometimes my best matched party isn't standing a candidate in my area.

If they could do this with a politician, that would be awesome. You only get to read about their positions on all of the policies. Sex, race, political affiliation, and religion don't get brought up.

ArtificialGlory
I typically vote the party/people who I think are least corrupt and the most competent.

Emperordmb
Both parties in the US are shit so I vote for whoever I think will **** me over the least and maybe get some good done.

Flyattractor
Voting for the Lesser of the 2 Evils is still not a Good Thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.