Is Emperor Vitiate Snoke?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
The Sith Emperor, as we know, was able to transfer his conscience to other bodies.

He has the "patience of stone" and "the will of the stars"

We know that Snoke saw the fall and rise of the Galactic Empire and is a powerful dark-side user.

Could he have simply "out-lived" Emperor Palpatine while secretly building his own first order empire?

darthbane77
I had this idea a while back, and personally, there's a small part of me that HOPES it's Vitiate. But the chances of it are incredibly remote.

Zenwolf
Different continuity...

Azronger
Originally posted by darthbane77
I had this idea a while back, and personally, there's a small part of me that HOPES it's Vitiate. But the chances of it are incredibly remote.

U like Vitiate but not Palpatine? sad

darthbane77
Originally posted by Azronger
U like Vitiate but not Palpatine? sad I like Vitiate's outlook on things better, the fact that he doesn't care about ruling. His want to destroy the galaxy so that he can live countless lives and then be worshipped as a god was something I hadn't seen in many villains. As opposed to Sidious who was the stereotypical "I wanna kill the good guy and rule everything for no other reason than because that's my role" kind of villain. And I mean, I get that Palpatine is a much deeper character in the EU, but I just found his character in the films to be SOOOOOOOO ****ing boring, to the point where, when I discovered the EU, I didn't even give a shit that Palpatine was elaborated on more. And that isn't just for Palpatine honestly, that's for most of the characters in the films, the only characters from the movies that I actually really like in the EU, are Kenobi, Luke, and (to a lesser extent) Anakin.

I try to be as objective as I can when it comes to Palpatine in my rankings and in debates, and I still fully realize that the number of non-entities that are comparable to Sidious can be counted on one hand. But as for his personality and his character in general, I just can't get on board with him.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I will never understand why people think Vitiate is so unique, lmfao. Palpatine did the whole "nihilistic consumption and domination of the universe" thing first.

Azronger
Originally posted by darthbane77
I like Vitiate's outlook on things better, the fact that he doesn't care about ruling. His want to destroy the galaxy so that he can live countless lives and then be worshipped as a god was something I hadn't seen in many villains. As opposed to Sidious who was the stereotypical "I wanna kill the good guy and rule everything for no other reason than because that's my role" kind of villain. And I mean, I get that Palpatine is a much deeper character in the EU, but I just found his character in the films to be SOOOOOOOO ****ing boring, to the point where, when I discovered the EU, I didn't even give a shit that Palpatine was elaborated on more. And that isn't just for Palpatine honestly, that's for most of the characters in the films, the only characters from the movies that I actually really like in the EU, are Kenobi, Luke, and (to a lesser extent) Anakin.

I try to be as objective as I can when it comes to Palpatine in my rankings and in debates, and I still fully realize that the number of non-entities that are comparable to Sidious can be counted on one hand. But as for his personality and his character in general, I just can't get on board with him.

"I want to kill everything and have ultimate powah cuz reasons!" isn't stereotypical? :/

And what about Valkorion? He no longer wanted to destroy the galaxy and just rule Zakuul.

And you don't like Vader?

The Merchant
^yup. Palpatines end goal was a better version of Vitiates plan. Instead of fully consuming the Galaxy he would have fashioned it into a full on DS nexus like Byss, subconsciously controlling the entire galaxy as they feed his now unlimited power. He will then use his "Dark Empire" to spread to other Galaxies, most likely unopposed and become a literal God. In the ROTJ novelization Palpatine muses how the blackness of the Universe was an extension of him, he being the very core. In Dark Empire he wanted that dream to be reality.

Azronger
Yeah, it's been stated by omniscient narrators and Palpatine himself that his end goal is absolute omnipotence and dominion over the entire universe itself.

thesithmaster
Honestly, I want Snoke to be Plagueis.

Sinious
Originally posted by thesithmaster
Honestly, I want Snoke to be Plagueis. kys

thesithmaster
Originally posted by Sinious
kys

Why sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.