The Clone Wars Statistics (Canon) - by me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://imgur.com/a/3EKTy

Rockydonovang
Like kp and the knicks

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Grevious being kp

RHaggis
He honestly isn't overly great as a General in Canon. I'll say he's decent for now because it is probably a mix of the droids being poor (particularly the B1 models) and somewhat meh leadership.

Kurk
Grievous in Canon is simply not the sharpest knife in the drawer

Zenwolf
I can't even really recall many tactic instances by Grevious in Canon...and I recall like only one other strategist as an Admiral in Trench.

Ew Canon tho.

Kurk
The only time I ever felt semi-proud of Grievous was when he managed to rescue Dooku from Talzin. And even then he was a little slow.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by RHaggis
He honestly isn't overly great as a General in Canon. I'll say he's decent for now because it is probably a mix of the droids being poor (particularly the B1 models) and somewhat meh leadership. The CIS's performance with grevious is much better than their performance without, I'd say that's sufficient to say grevious did a good job

Zenwolf
I guess however it's not too much of a surprise, since the CIS was first and foremost a bunch of businessmen with military leadership as more an off branch.

Rockydonovang
thrawn is still da best in canon

NewGuy01
Not in Legends?

Rockydonovang
I haven't read the novels, only the comics, but from what I've seen, yea, I'd prolly side with Thrawn as the best tactician.

UCanShootMyNova
He's da best, in both worlds, chill out NewGuy. Take it slow. Maybe rock out at a show or something.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Not in Legends?

In Legends, Thrawn is kinda hax and is pretty much at the top as far as fleet strategists go.

Canon.....I think he's a contender for the top, he's not as hax though with strategy.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Zenwolf
In Legends, Thrawn is kinda hax and is pretty much at the top as far as fleet strategists go.

Canon.....I think he's a contender for the top, he's not as hax though with strategy from what he's shown thus far.
who in canon has shown better strategy? I mean Anakin 'sunconventional shizz is great, but he doesn't do stuff on the scale thrawn does.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
who in canon has shown better strategy? I mean Anakin 'sunconventional shizz is great, but he doesn't do stuff on the scale thrawn does.

I mean Thrawn could also be in Canon, but he's kinda limited so far, hence why he's a contender. Depends on what is written for him next. Unless I'm missing something about him.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He's da best, in both worlds, chill out NewGuy.

never

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/81/43/91/8143912d408c274857cbb9b009065821.gif

deathslash
Grievous isn't terrible, but he can seriously be his own worst enemy. When he captured Eeth Koth, he apparently didn't expect any reprisal. He should have killed Koth instead of relaying to the Jedi that he captured a council member. Hell, he could've tortured Koth and gotten valuable information out of him instead of showing off the size of his non-existent dick.

He should have killed the night sisters with a massive orbital bombardment instead of up close (though he did look badass as he killed them).

The invasion of Kamino was actually a very good example of Grievous' tactical ability and if he had more firepower, he undoubtedly would have won.

With all of that said, Grievous is skilled, but he needed something more. If all of his b1 battle droids were replaced with commando droids, he would have steamrolled the Republic.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by NewGuy01
never

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/81/43/91/8143912d408c274857cbb9b009065821.gif

My reference was too subtle.

NewGuy01
I was way too coked up last night to catch something like a HM reference, tbh.

thesithmaster
Grievous was a great general. The droids were quite crappy though. Even with crap droids, Grievous managed to easily wipe out the Nightsisters, the planet of Dathomir making them quite powerful per Sidious. He also managed to beat Maul's Mandalorians in the first battle even though he predicted that the odds were against them.
And Grievous entered the battlefield quite a few times. Meaning he helped his soldiers.

DarthAnt66
I updated the stats and added one more slide:

http://imgur.com/a/BFicw

Kurk
Hell, if the magnaguards carried lightsabers instead of electo-staffs half the jedi would've been killed during TCW.

|King Joker|
Really annoying how 2/3 of the show had the Republic winning.

thesithmaster
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Really annoying how 2/3 of the show had the Republic winning.

We have to remember that the little kids like the good guys winning. And happy kids = billions of dollars.

Zenwolf
At some point I feel writers just kinda gave up writing tacticians in the SW mythos, which is kinda disappointing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.