Who can beat Fox Quicksilver?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Khazra Reborn
No plot armor BS like Apocalypse. In a straight up fight, who can take down Fox Quicksilver?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
No plot armor BS like Apocalypse. In a straight up fight, who can take down Fox Quicksilver?

Apocalypse...
Ego...
Dormammu...
A Future Sentinel...

K-Dog
Maybe Shaw if he can redirect the same energy and speed?

playa1258
Smallville Superman.

NemeBro
Metro Man
Any sufficiently powerful reality warper, such as Genie or Sutter Cane.
Doctor Manhattan
Superman (any film version could, though Man of Steel would have some real trouble tagging him)
The Ancient Ones from Cabin in the Woods
The marble-playing aliens from MIB
Phoenix, and possibly Xavier

Placidity
Originally posted by NemeBro

The marble-playing aliens from MIB

Haha

Scoobless
Ultron with a Quinjet...... no expression

Maybe Hiro from "Heroes"

Psychotron
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

If we're going with the weakest character, then maybe Garfield Spider-man with heavy reliance on spider sense.

KingD19
Originally posted by Scoobless
Ultron with a Quinjet...... no expression

Maybe Hiro from "Heroes"

Peter(FOX Quicksilver) and Pietro(Marvel Quicksilver) are two different monsters. You can't compare them.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Psychotron
If we're going with the weakest character, then maybe Garfield Spider-man with heavy reliance on spider sense. How

TethAdamTheRock
Black Racer from CW Flash

Psychotron
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
How

By knowing where and when he's going to attack. Garfield Spider-man was keeping up with Electro.

KingD19
By knowing where and when he's going to attack. Garfield Spider-man was keeping up with Electro.

And Quicksilver is faster than Electro's lightning, by several orders of speed.

FrothByte
Hiro from heroes or Turtleman from the Flash.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
Hiro from heroes or Turtleman from the Flash.

I'm not sure. Daphne could move normal speed when Hiro was using Time Stop. And Pete's way faster than her by feats.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
I'm not sure. Daphne could move normal speed when Hiro was using Time Stop. And Pete's way faster than her by feats.

Good point. How bout Turtleman?

Scoobless

No, FOX QS never showed 100% frozen environment, everything was still moving to some degree.

When Hiro "froze" time, the only thing that ever moved was Daphne, and she was crossing countries in seconds. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I think she stole the formula from Hiro in Japan, then moments later she was in Germany (France?)

KingD19
Originally posted by Scoobless
No, FOX QS never showed 100% frozen environment, everything was still moving to some degree.

When Hiro "froze" time, the only thing that ever moved was Daphne, and she was crossing countries in seconds. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I think she stole the formula from Hiro in Japan, then moments later she was in Germany (France?)

To an extremely slow degree. Even explosions that were already in progress before he even showed up slowed to essentially a standstill. It took him a few minutes of playing around before the explosion finally engulfed the mansion.

We can put up direct comparisons if you want, because she got shot at one point. And her speed is simply not as fast as he is. People are still moving around and reacting when she's using her speed.

The one time she'd take Peter is when Ando boosted her and she could go FTL and run through time.

Also yeah, Froth, I think Turtle would go down to him as well.

Psychotron
And Quicksilver is faster than Electro's lightning, by several orders of speed.

The principal stays the same. If Apoc could catch him, Spider-man definitely can.

steverules_2
If QS ran at Superman, any version, and punched him, wouldn't he break his hand?

Placidity
Originally posted by steverules_2
If QS ran at Superman, any version, and punched him, wouldn't he break his hand?

Probably depends if Superman is resisting being moved.

Resisting = Broken Hand

Not Resisting = Superman may get pushed back, possibly still hurt hand.

Psychotron
That makes no sense. Superman's durability is not connected to whether he's resisting or not.

KingD19
The principal stays the same. If Apoc could catch him, Spider-man definitely can.

So are you just intentionally dense? It's obvious Apocalypse came up with another ability to fight off QS, because for a while he was literally a statue being ping-ponged back and forth through the air until his eyes glowed white, and suddenly he could see Peter's movements and actually move around.

Spidey wouldn't have that luxury, he'd just be stuck. You know why? Another direct comparison. You're using Garfield Spidey who had trouble with Electro, who is a lot slower than Quicksilver. Remember when he was chasing Rhino and he dodged those bullets in the air? They would've been frozen in place for several minutes before QS got done.

Placidity
That makes no sense. Superman's durability is not connected to whether he's resisting or not.

Superman's durability isn't in question.

Superman likely doesn't get hurt either way, the question is whether QS gets hurt.

My previous post is more about physics.

Analogy:

Fast car crashes into an adamantium pole fixed to the ground = total loss

Fast car crashes into free standing adamantium pole = car damaged (not as badly as above scenario), but momentum also transferred to pole, yet pole is undamaged (because adamantium).

Psychotron
So are you just intentionally dense? It's obvious Apocalypse came up with another ability to fight off QS, because for a while he was literally a statue being ping-ponged back and forth through the air until his eyes glowed white, and suddenly he could see Peter's movements and actually move around.

Spidey wouldn't have that luxury, he'd just be stuck. You know why? Another direct comparison. You're using Garfield Spidey who had trouble with Electro, who is a lot slower than Quicksilver. Remember when he was chasing Rhino and he dodged those bullets in the air? They would've been frozen in place for several minutes before QS got done.

Spider-man will know when and where QS would attack, that's why he can tag him.

Originally posted by Placidity
Superman's durability isn't in question.

Superman likely doesn't get hurt either way, the question is whether QS gets hurt.

My previous post is more about physics.

Analogy:

Fast car crashes into an adamantium pole fixed to the ground = total loss

Fast car crashes into free standing adamantium pole = car damaged (not as badly as above scenario), but momentum also transferred to pole, yet pole is undamaged (because adamantium).

Your analogy is flawed. The mass difference between the car an the pole is too much.

A better analogy would be a human punching a Terminator. Whether the Terminator braces itself or not the human's hand will break if he punches hard enough.

KingD19

Your analogy is flawed. The mass difference between the car an the pole is too much.

A better analogy would be a human punching a Terminator. Whether the Terminator braces itself or not the human's hand will break if he punches hard enough.

Really? Don't be an idiot.

I can know that a 100 feet away on a hill there's a guy with a sniper rifle pointed at me. And I could know exactly when he'll pull the trigger. But that doesn't mean I'm fast enough to dodge a sniper bullet.

We see how Spidey views bullets. He still has to actively avoid them. Quicksilver sees them in quadruple super-slow mo and can move them around in flight. That's not comparable and acting like it is is only making you look more inept as time goes on.

Nibedicus
Wouldn't QS's powers provide him with some form of super durability simply based on the "feats" he is able to perform with his speed? His feet were able to crush the concrete with his steps and the amount of force needed to pingpong Apoc like that would turn a human hand to mush. A casual finger touch to a guys cheek manages to sends him flying.

KingD19
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Wouldn't QS's powers provide him with some form of super durability simply based on the "feats" he is able to perform with his speed? His feet were able to crush the concrete with his steps and the amount of force needed to pingpong Apoc like that would turn a human hand to mush. A casual finger touch to a guys cheek manages to sends him flying.

Most speedsters have an "aura" that basically protects their bodies from stuff like friction and high speed impacts. Quicksilver is said to have super strong legs. As for everything else, it seems it's a combination of physics just working differently when you're moving so fast. Like he moved bullets out of their flight path, and they still hit with the same force as they were frozen while he was manipulating them.

h1a8
I don't see anyone beating him except maybe metroman. Others would either lose or stalemate. As soon as the bell rings he would close the distance on anyone who can fly or teleport away. A finger pluck can KO a human. A punch is magnitudes more powerful. A kick or strike with something steel is even more damaging.

I consider Smallville as a TV show and not a movie.

Nibedicus
Most speedsters have an "aura" that basically protects their bodies from stuff like friction and high speed impacts. Quicksilver is said to have super strong legs. As for everything else, it seems it's a combination of physics just working differently when you're moving so fast. Like he moved bullets out of their flight path, and they still hit with the same force as they were frozen while he was manipulating them.

Wouldn't the same "aura" protect him when he punches Superman's face?

KingD19
Wouldn't the same "aura" protect him when he punches Superman's face?

It should. Especially since his only injury came at Apocalypse breaking his limbs after stopping his momentum and putting him back in the "normal" world. with everybody else.

h1a8
Wouldn't the same "aura" protect him when he punches Superman's face? Speedsters have a huge problem explaining their physics. There are a lot of contradictions. For example, if two objects collided at great speed then the object with lesser durability will be more damaged. Buy speedsters can touch objects at very high speeds with no damage to them.

So Idk.
If he can move bullets out of the way faster than the bullet is moving then not only he is bullet proof, when operating at high speed, but his ability to affect harder materials would increase since the bullet would naturally deform when experiencing a larger acceleration.

F=ma
A large acceleration gives a large net force. Even solid steel will deform if you apply a large enough acceleration to it.

Placidity

No analogy is perfect.

The analogy was provided regarding your misunderstanding of me making implications about Superman's durability while I was primarily illustrating the concept of momentum transfer.

Regarding your analogy:

1. Terminator is much heavier than a human. Superman weighs around the same as a regular human.

2. Is the durability of human vs terminator metal, and QS vs Superman proportional/comparable?

QS' durability is far higher than a regular human (when striking something, and withstanding forces), so whether his hand would break is unknown/opinion, unless someone has actually analysed it.

So there are really two sides to this:

1. The point is being able to transfer momentum is better than not for Peter's hand. Whether Superman is resisting or not is directly related.

2. How durable is Peter? It is your assessment that he is far too weak for the above point to even matter. Not unreasonable, but at the same time QS is far more durable than a regular human, so who knows?

Placidity
Edit: Double Post

Psychotron
No analogy is perfect.

The analogy was provided regarding your misunderstanding of me making implications about Superman's durability while I was primarily illustrating the concept of momentum transfer.

Regarding your analogy:

1. Terminator is much heavier than a human. Superman weighs around the same as a regular human.

2. Is the durability of human vs terminator metal, and QS vs Superman proportional/comparable?

QS' durability is far higher than a regular human (when striking something, and withstanding forces), so whether his hand would break is unknown/opinion, unless someone has actually analysed it.

So there are really two sides to this:

1. The point is being able to transfer momentum is better than not for Peter's hand. Whether Superman is resisting or not is directly related.

2. How durable is Peter? It is your assessment that he is far too weak for the above point to even matter. Not unreasonable, but at the same time QS is far more durable than a regular human, so who knows?

QS may be more durable than a human, but Superman is far more durable than a terminator. And fine, lets say you punch an inanimate object made of titanium that weighs the same weight as you as hard as you can. What happens to your hand?

Nibedicus
QS is far far more durable than a human. When he is using his speed powers.

Proof: Moves bullets with fingers. Crushes tile with footsteps. Didn't get legs ripped off when Apoc used the ground to suddenly stop him at full run (w/c would be many many times Mach speed). Flicks explosive debris with no discomfort. He is not jellified from the gforces when he stops whenever he runs at his usual multi-multi-mach speeds.

In contrast, Superman is not a statue. He is not rigid, when he is not braced, his body allows for movement when it is in a relaxed state. Do this: relax your neck and jaw. Now push it woth your pinky. Doesn't take much does it?

Not saying that QS is durable enough to punch Superman without suffering ill effect, just that the premise you present seems flawed and we do not know for sure til someone credible posts calculations.

Placidity
QS may be more durable than a human, but Superman is far more durable than a terminator. And fine, lets say you punch an inanimate object made of titanium that weighs the same weight as you as hard as you can. What happens to your hand?

Well its a relevant question, but I don't think the conclusion (if there is one) resolves the discussion here.

If it were me I would probably break my hand.

If it was a professional boxer/MA, the object (I'm assuming its shaped like a human) would fall over. The guy may or may not break his hand, I really don't know (likely depends on the angle and which surface of his fist is being used?) This is probably something someone knows, but I don't.

In contrast, Superman is not a statue. He is not rigid, when he is not braced, his body allows for movement when it is in a relaxed state. Do this: relax your neck and jaw. Now push it woth your pinky. Doesn't take much does it?

In addition to this, when I said "resisting" I also had in mind Superman using his "flight" to resist being moved. Flight is quite a vague word - for Superman it is really akin to telekinesis or telekinetic propulsion - using his mind to move himself, or hold himself in place in this case.

Psychotron
Well its a relevant question, but I don't think the conclusion (if there is one) resolves the discussion here.

If it were me I would probably break my hand.

If it was a professional boxer/MA, the object (I'm assuming its shaped like a human) would fall over. The guy may or may not break his hand, I really don't know (likely depends on the angle and which surface of his fist is being used?) This is probably something someone knows, but I don't.

In addition to this, when I said "resisting" I also had in mind Superman using his "flight" to resist being moved. Flight is quite a vague word - for Superman it is really akin to telekinesis or telekinetic propulsion - using his mind to move himself, or hold himself in place in this case.

As someone who trained kickboxing, if you punch a hard metal or stone or even wooden object, and if you punch it hard with no protection, your hand's done for. Training can make your bones a little thicker, but not that much. Shit, I once broke a finger when I punched a fuse box/transformer with everything I had (drunk, naturally). Hell, you can easily break your hand punching someone in the head. I know an ex-legionnaire, who works as private security now, and he has broken his hand while punching people four (4) times. He had to get surgery after the last time.

But you're right. This isn't the discussion.

h1a8
If Qs can move a bullet with his finger faster than the bullet is traveling then he is bulletbroof. Any human colliding with anything metal while moving faster than a bullet will suffer tremendous damage.

So when using his speed powers QS should hurt Superman badly without any harm to himself. Flash and Zoom does it all the time in comics. Movies use the same physics as comics.

Psychotron
You're drunk. Stop posting.

h1a8
You're drunk. Stop posting. You're stupid. Stop posting.

NemeBro
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't see anyone beating him except maybe metroman. Others would either lose or stalemate. As soon as the bell rings he would close the distance on anyone who can fly or teleport away. A finger pluck can KO a human. A punch is magnitudes more powerful. A kick or strike with something steel is even more damaging.

I consider Smallville as a TV show and not a movie. Metro Man was among the weakest characters I named that would beat Fox Quicksilver.

Psychotron
Originally posted by h1a8
You're stupid. Stop posting.

Says the guy who thinks QS can hurt Superman.

h1a8
Says the guy who thinks QS can hurt Superman. He can. Not tremendously so, but enough where a lot of hits will take its toll on Superman.
Simple physics proves it.

Kinetic energy = 1/2 *mass*velocity ^2
If Qs is moving at a fraction of light speed (1/5th the speed of light) then he can hit Superman with a tremendous amount of Kinetic energy, Comparable to a Megaton bomb.

Assuming QS moves a lot slower than 1/5 of light or closer to
Mach 100 then he can impart billions of joules of energy to Superman (this will hurt Superman somewhat but not greatly).

So theoretically, QS can beat Superman. It would take many, many hits to do so.

Note: QS can KO full grown men with just a light touch. Superman cannot do this. Look at these clips. QS was able to move many many times faster than a bullet. Even insanely faster than an explosion.

1NnyVc8r2SM

4LIcOFvWqjk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.