Notre Dame Law professor warns: Congress must act on growing sexbot industry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Robot Sex Industry on the Rise

cdtm
The best and brightest, ladies and gentlemen.

Lets not focus on poverty, homelessness, stagnating wages, unemploymemt, the cost of living.. No, sex bots are a problem every PHD brain trust and legislator should focus on.

Bashar Teg
"experts disagree on the consequences of allowing people to engage in mock acts of rape with humanoid dolls"

that's where i stopped reading. next we'll be debating the rights of mock-murdered target dummies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

cdtm
Virtual people are people too!

ArtificialGlory
People are actually paid to write this tripe?

cdtm
He's probably a tenured professor.

Notice you never see adjuncts or untenured writing this crap, it's always the tenured folk.

And then they wonder why tenure is a dying privilege.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm

Lets not focus on poverty, homelessness, stagnating wages, unemploymemt, the cost of living, Dem Russians.. No, sex bots are a problem every PHD brain trust and legislator should focus on.

Fixed that for you, you wouldn't want to leave the most important thing off the list.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
"experts disagree on the consequences of allowing people to engage in mock acts of rape with humanoid dolls"

that's where i stopped reading. next we'll be debating the rights of mock-murdered target dummies. roll eyes (sarcastic) How is this different to Surts fleshlight or aspirational blow up doll? I kid, I kid...

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Fixed that for you, you wouldn't want to leave the most important thing off the list.

For someone who thinks talking about Russia in regards to Trump is stupid and has no absolutely merit, you sure do try and bring it into almost every thread. Weird, no.

eg This thread

Bashar Teg
thought about topic this some more and i dont think it's a waste of time to regulate the industry in a reasonable manner. for example there should definitely be regulations on what they manufacture.

the chosen tree for barking however is ridiculous.

Robtard
Agreed. eg I wouldn't want a sex-toy of say an infant, toddler or obvious preteen/young'n, even though I know the AC's of the board/world will argue that infant sex dolls have no feelings and they're correct, they don't, it still doesn't sit well as a good practice.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Robtard
Agreed. eg I wouldn't want a sex-toy of say an infant, toddler or obvious preteen/young'n, even though I know the AC's of the board/world will argue that infant sex dolls have no feelings and they're correct, they don't, it still doesn't sit well as a good practice. Would it feed an AC or give him an outlet? Some studies show users of prostitutes are less likely to commit rape although some serial rapists and killers of prostitutes shine another light on the subject. I do agree though a pre teen or hebe doll would not sit well with me either. Surt what do you think?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Would it feed an AC or give him an outlet?

i'm not down with the outlet theory, especially after all the debates i had with AC over that exact topic. *cringe*

i assume that (recovering?) pedophiles get by because they intellectually recognize that their impulses are ill-natured. wouldn't it be destructive to offer that person a validating release for that impulse, which mimics that exact crime?

Steve Zodiac
i'm not down with the outlet theory, especially after all the debates i had with AC over that exact topic. *cringe*

i assume that (recovering?) pedophiles get by because they intellectually recognize that their impulses are ill-natured. wouldn't it be destructive to offer that person a validating release for that impulse, which mimics that exact crime? Quite possibly very destructive.

cdtm
Agreed. eg I wouldn't want a sex-toy of say an infant, toddler or obvious preteen/young'n, even though I know the AC's of the board/world will argue that infant sex dolls have no feelings and they're correct, they don't, it still doesn't sit well as a good practice.

I agree.

The cold, hard fact though, is it's better they (Not even gonna make an inuendo here) with a robot, then the alternative.

This assuming we're talking about something that is every bit immune to therapy/nurture as your garden variety socially acceptable sexual orientations.

That goes for the main topic of this article, as "rape bots" in general..

Not to be flippant/snarky/sarcastic, I'm genuiny asking in good faith whether it's accepted doctrine that sexual desires are something that "is". In the same way straights, gays, bi, or whatever.

Because if a furry can't help being a furry any more then someone can stop having rape fantasies or a man can't help liking another man, in that case a providing a "robot" for certain urges doesn't sounds like all that bad an idea.

In fact, it might be a very good idea, if it prevents certain crimes from happening on people..

Flyattractor
I would think the Leftists would be all on bot, erm I mean ON Board with this idea. I mean if we give all the "poor people" sex bots they won't be out "Makin Babies" thus creating More Poor People. This will save the Country Billions on Abortions alone, and cut down on surplus of certain Population Numbers.

Granted this would cut into the Leftists Voting Sources but still....

Surtur
For someone who thinks talking about Russia in regards to Trump is stupid and has no absolutely merit, you sure do try and bring it into almost every thread. Weird, no.

eg This thread

Did you want to whine about anything else, Rob?

Beniboybling
This is an issue yeah, and worth considering:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/japanese-company-manufactures-lifelike-child-sex-dolls-for-paedophiles-a6811046.html

Personally I think that kind of thing should be illegal, it's indulgent and it's normalising. thumb up

Bashar Teg
sick man **** japan

Surtur
We have to think about ethics too though. Nobody wants to bang a genderless sexbot. But then is it right of us to force a gender identity onto the robot?

I say we leave these sexbots on the back burner until we create a truly sophisticated AI capable of choosing their own gender. It's the only way to be fair.

I mean, Data totally let his kid choose her own gender.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I would think the Leftists would be all on bot, erm I mean ON Board with this idea. I mean if we give all the "poor people" sex bots they won't be out "Makin Babies" thus creating More Poor People. This will save the Country Billions on Abortions alone, and cut down on surplus of certain Population Numbers.

Granted this would cut into the Leftists Voting Sources but still....

We have to think about ethics too though. Nobody wants to bang a genderless sexbot. But then is it right of us to force a gender identity onto the robot?

I say we leave these sexbots on the back burner until we create a truly sophisticated AI capable of choosing their own gender. It's the only way to be fair.

I mean, Data totally let his kid choose her own gender.

"i have nothing to contribute to the topic so i'll just make it all about the libtards"

cdtm
Originally posted by Beniboybling

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/japanese-company-manufactures-lifelike-child-sex-dolls-for-paedophiles-a6811046.html

Personally I think that kind of thing should be illegal, it's indulgent and it's normalising. thumb up

It's not really something you'd want to condone.

I'll put this as bluntly (Crudely, even) as possible: My main issue is, this kind of shite won't make someones "illness" any worse. They're already "sick twisted ****s", the only question is how they act on it.

Obviously, sex bots and hentai beats the alternatives.

Surtur
"i have nothing to contribute to the topic so i'll just make it all about the libtards"

Maybe instead I could have just posted asking people why they aren't replying to other threads I want them to respond to? Perhaps that would have met with your approval.

Bashar Teg
My main issue is, this kind of shite won't make someones pedofilia any worse. They're already pedofiles, the only question is how they act on it.

it's not about these dolls making pedophiles "worse" but rather validating their compulsions. it would be a horribly reckless idea to allow it.

Beniboybling
Right it's about cultural perception, permitting the proliferation of rape bots and pedo toys sends the message that rape is OK, that pedophilia is OK, so long as nobody gets hurt. It breaks down the taboo.

Moreover the article itself states that for some people it will aggravate their urges, we also have to consider the possibility that it might act as a gateway drug for people who wouldn't even consider themselves pedophilic, or rape inclined.

cdtm
it's not about these dolls making pedophiles "worse" but rather validating their compulsions. it would be a horribly reckless idea to allow it.

Kind of glad to see someone on the left say this. thumb up

Yeah, it could definately be seen as normalizing. It's a pretty icky thing to even talk about.. Sort of worried even remotely looking like you're "defending" this will have the NSA tearing apart your life since grade school.. smile

It just seems to me on when it comes to a topic like this, the general policy is ignore it and hope they "Keep it in the closet" so we don't gotta know about.

Which strikes me as a powder keg waiting to hurt someone.. Vs trying to find realistic ways to deal with the issue, like providing other outlets that don't force repression and a potential worst case scenerio..

Surtur
This is why I was very disturbed by Salon's "I'm a pedophile not a monster" article. Totally irresponsible.

EDIT: Not joking either, lets not normalize pedophilia. This is how it starts. "These people aren't so bad" and "hey it's just a robot, not a real child".

cdtm
This is why I was very disturbed by Salon's "I'm a pedophile not a monster" article. Totally irresponsible.

EDIT: Not joking either, lets not normalize pedophilia. This is how it starts. "These people aren't so bad" and "hey it's just a robot, not a real child".

Not what I'm saying at all, though.

Simply saying, no matter what we do, they exist.

And if advances in psychology are right, they're about as in control of what they desire as we are, and always will be.

And really, that's my bottom line. No idea what, if anything, to do with that, just putting it out there.

Done now.

Bashar Teg
Kind of glad to see someone on the left say this. thumb up

you should perhaps rethink your concept of left/right if you think that enabling pedophiles is popular among any mainstream political group.

It just seems to me on when it comes to a topic like this, the general policy is ignore it and hope they "Keep it in the closet" so we don't gotta know about.

i know you're from another part of the globe, so i won't correct you on that, considering that i don't know how attitudes are over there. however i can assure that in the states we do quite the opposite of ignoring pedophiles/sex offenders.

It breaks down the taboo.

that's the phrase i was looking for. thumb up

Bashar Teg

being a pedophile is not a crime. acting upon it is a crime. you cant criminalize a mental disorder wacko

Surtur
being a pedophile is not a crime. acting upon it is a crime. you cant criminalize a mental disorder wacko

I never said not acting on it is a crime. I'm saying it's irresponsible to put up articles like that.

Surtur
you should perhaps rethink your concept of left/right if you think that enabling pedophiles is popular among any mainstream political group.

It was a liberal news outlet that did the "I'm a pedophile not a monster" article. It was mostly liberal celebrities giving Roman Polanski a standing ovation.

Bashar Teg
I never said not acting on it is a crime. I'm saying it's irresponsible to put up articles like that.

alex jones and all the other "let's group-howl at the headline without reading the article" simpletons chose to label it as such. however the message of that article was exactly as i stated previously.

http://archive.is/TBuaR

It was a liberal news outlet that did the "I'm a pedophile not a monster" article. It was mostly liberal celebrities giving Roman Polanski a standing ovation.

circlejerk fabrication

Sable

Read the comments.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/opinion/pedophilia-a-disorder-not-a-crime.html

Surtur
Originally posted by Sable
Read the comments.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/opinion/pedophilia-a-disorder-not-a-crime.html

LOL, but yeah..the left has nothing to do with it wink

Surtur
alex jones and all the other "let's group-howl at the headline without reading the article" simpletons chose to label it as such. however the message of that article was exactly as i stated previously.

http://archive.is/TBuaR

Who cares how Alex Jones reacted? He thinks NASA is kidnapping kids and taking them to Mars.

What was fabricated? The site that did the article is definitely liberal. Hollywood is 99% liberal as well.

Bashar Teg
that's good. avoid the true representation of the article and cling to your group-fabrication. everyone on the left is evil and morally bankrupt and our mantra is "let the pedos have their fun". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surtur
that's good. avoid the true representation of the article and cling to your group-fabrication. everyone on the left is evil and morally bankrupt and our mantra is "let the pedos have their fun". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lol so you take issue with this, but where are you when people are trying to imply everyone on the right are racists, etc. ?

You don't seem to whine about that. Let me guess: you're going to pretend you've never ever seen anyone say anything like that.

Bashar Teg
but where are you when people are trying to imply everyone on the right are racists, etc. ?

link me so that i may smite them, since it's apparently my obligation to scour the forums for these supposed comments and chastise their authors.

Surtur
link me so that i may smite them, since it's apparently my obligation to scour the forums for these supposed comments and chastise their authors.

#CalledIt

Bashar Teg
no links/evidence then? shocking, surt. SHOCKING.

Surtur
no links/evidence then? shocking, surt. SHOCKING.

If you are too much of a coward to admit you've seen people pull this bullshit, what is the point?

Bashar Teg
i'm a coward for not backing your unsubstantiated claims? okay broflake. thumb up

Surtur
i'm a coward for not backing your unsubstantiated claims? okay broflake. thumb up

Lol, you're a coward for not being willing to admit people have pulled this shit. I know you've seen it, but you're just going to pretend otherwise.

Grow some balls.

Surtur
The funniest part about the Salon article is why they took it down. It wasn't because they thought it irresponsible. It was so they could whine about Milo Yiannopoulos lol. As his pedophile scandal had just happened and they were at least self aware enough to realize they couldn't keep the article up and still run their mouths about Milo.

Sable
He demands proof until you ask him for proof of his claims, then he backs down like the little ***** he is.

Bashar Teg
Lol, you're a coward for not being willing to admit people have pulled this shit. I know you've seen it, but you're just going to pretend otherwise.

Grow some balls.

keep pounding your chest, pretending you somehow proved me wrong;
all the while not posting evidence to back your silly claims. and oh look, your special friend is here to help you troll and derail. good for you!

Surtur
He demands proof until you ask him for proof of his claims, then he backs down like the little ***** he is.

The sad thing is I know he's seen this stuff lol. He's seen it from Steve Zodiac at the very least, who has made multiple bigoted comments.

I have called out these comments in the past and was met with...excuses from Bash and others like him. They will never ever admit to wrong doing, even if you show it to them they will twist it. Just like they do anytime you call out their behavior. It's always different when they do it lol, always.

It is the epitome of cowardice. Either that or he has some oddly selective amnesia.

Sable
Just yesterday he was making homophobic slurs and calling women c*unts, he has no moral authority on anything.

Surtur
keep pounding your chest, pretending you somehow proved me wrong;
all the while not posting evidence to back your silly claims. and oh look, your special friend is here to help you troll and derail. good for you!

When you decide to grow some balls let me know. If making claims without evidence grinds your gears you sure must be mad at Robtard.

Forgive him Bash, he knows not what he does.

Bashar Teg
okay, have fun posturing and derailing the topic with your retard friend thumb up

Surtur
Just yesterday he was making homophobic slurs and calling women c*unts, he has no moral authority on anything.

Just the other day his butt buddy was accusing me of whining because I said the story about the street being sold in San Francisco was funny. No legit evidence was provided, the closest they came was "you posted it in this thread, thus it is whining".

Why do I get the feeling Bash would think actual evidence was provided?

Surtur
okay, have fun posturing and derailing the topic with your retard friend thumb up

Why do off topic posts bother you so much? Since when it suits you...you will make an off topic post. Isn't there hypocrisy there? Or have you deluded yourself once again into thinking it's somehow different?

Sable
He's retarded.

Surtur
This is the same person who literally came into the Trump president thread to whine at me and ask why I hadn't responded to a topic about acid attacks on Muslims lol.

Flyattractor
Maybe Bashy will approve if the Islami-Nazis started to use Sexbots in their Acid Attacks.

Robtard
Surtur trying to make pedo normalization a "liberal" thing. What a silly and pathetic clown.

Flyattractor
I would think You would be in full support of giving Pedo's Robo Sex Kids. If they had those they wouldn't be out Pedo Bear-ing Real Kids.

Oh Wait....

Beniboybling
no links/evidence then? shocking, surt. SHOCKING. no worries, he's probably just mistaking many for most again. sad

Beniboybling
Also strange that Sabby, a known pedo enabler, would dare to even show his face in this thread. sad

Surtur
no worries, he's probably just mistaking many for most again. sad

Nah, wasn't thinking of that. If you guys want to deny the reality of the way your pals behave be my guest. It wouldn't be the first time nor will it be the last.

Bashar Teg
Also strange that Sabby, a known pedo enabler, would dare to even show his face in this thread. sad

he doesnt understand the concept, which of course renders it incorrect.
feels>>>>>>>>reality

Surtur
feels>>>>>>>>reality

So you're saying he is a liberal?

cdtm
*Ahem* I think I did a bad job of stating my opinion specifically on the "nambla sex dolls" thing, so I'll try this:

From a purely pragmatic point of view, imo the choices to deal with pedofiles:

1. Lock up anyone who has attraction towards children.

2. Don't lock them up for "thought crimes", but demand they make themselves invisible to us and repress their sick desires.

3. Try and provide an outlet for their desires.

The obvious problems are:

1. They're thought crimes. You don't lock up someone for thought crimes.

2.. Asking one to repress themselves worked so well for the Catholic Church.

3. Socially unacceptable/advocating sex with children.

So basically, I was trying to analyze the situation, less give any kind of opinion.

But anyone care to weigh in on whether that's about the size of it, or if there's some scenerio I'm missing..?

Bentley

Lets not focus on poverty, homelessness, stagnating wages, unemploymemt, the cost of living.. No, sex bots are a problem every PHD brain trust and legislator should focus on.

Let's not legislate on new drugs that appear on the market either thumb up

NemeBro

Personally I think that kind of thing should be illegal, it's indulgent and it's normalising. thumb up What would you have them do, out of curiosity? Be imprisoned where they can't harm children? Be forced to repress all related impulses or desires with no outlet for life? Be dragged out back and shot in the head?

I had a hearty laugh when I read that article, but I find it very strange that people consider perverts ****ing sex dolls in their basements as being a normalization of pedophilia. That isn't any more a normalization of pedophilia than me jacking off to rape, necrophilia, and gore porn is a normalization of raping and murdering people tbh famalam slam jam man, as opposed to actual normalizations of pedo shit like the Japanese manga series/TV show Kodome no Jikan, which was aired on TV kids can watch and portrayed the teacher's budding attraction to his ten or eleven year old student as being not that bad or abnormal, which IS genuinely disgusting and shouldn't have been able to fly.

The only thing I read in that article which has actual merit as an argument against it IMHO is that being able to **** mock kiddies might just agitate some pedo's impulses and make them more likely to actually rape a child, which is of course unacceptable. thumb up

socool8520

I would hope this wouldn't sit well with anyone. lol. Sure the doll doesn't have feelings, but the thought that a person would do that to a minor is disturbing to say the least.

Outside of that, if you want get your jollies with a doll instead of a human, who cares?

Sable
Demands for Marilyn Monroe Bot are in

socool8520
Doesn't surprise me. She was a sex symbol.

cdtm
Originally posted by socool8520
I would hope this wouldn't sit well with anyone. lol. Sure the doll doesn't have feelings, but the thought that a person would do that to a minor is disturbing to say the least.

Outside of that, if you want get your jollies with a doll instead of a human, who cares?

That's the elephant in the room, though.

The thing no one really wants to talk about, and society itself won't tolerate, is here we have a groups of people who are attracted to kids, and no one wants them having "kid sex dolls" or drawings or anything else. Which leaves them with repression and staying in the closet about it, until maybe they snap and someone gets hurt.

That's about how I see it, anyways.

Of course, if they can be "cured", great. But modern science says people want what they want, and it's a hardwired thing you can't shut off or repress forever..

So we have this what we have now.. Public disapproval of anything they can get their rocks off to, without involving another human being.

socool8520
That's the elephant in the room, though.

The thing no one really wants to talk about, and society itself won't tolerate, is here we have a groups of people who are attracted to kids, and no one wants them having "kid sex dolls" or drawings or anything else. Which leaves them with repression and staying in the closet about it, until maybe they snap and someone gets hurt.

That's about how I see it, anyways.

Of course, if they can be "cured", great. But modern science says people want what they want, and it's a hardwired thing you can't shut off or repress forever..

So we have this what we have now.. Public disapproval of anything they can get their rocks off to, without involving another human being.

If it can be proven that a child doll of some sort would greatly decrease the amount of assaults on children, then maybe I can see a reason for it. However.

I'm usually an open-minded person, but pedophilia is not okay. at all

cdtm
Originally posted by socool8520
If it can be proven that a child doll of some sort would greatly decrease the amount of assaults on children, then maybe I can see a reason for it. However.

I'm usually an open-minded person, but pedophilia is not okay. at all

No, no it isn't.

A friend of mine from my school days knows that better then anybody, unfortunately.. (She never said anything, but her bestie, who is a rape survivor, let out that she went through worse then rape. Much worse. I didn't ask questions, but it's pretty obvious what she meant..)

S_W_LeGenD
LMAO

socool8520
I'm sorry to hear that. That should never happen to anyone.

Patient_Leech

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.