More pretentious and boring? Phish or Tool?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Steve Zodiac
Which one of these ridiculous bloated bands is the more pretentious and boring?

Bashar Teg
omg phish holy crap not even close

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
omg phish holy crap not even close They are like Pink Floyd without the style.

Bashar Teg
many moons ago i was tricked by some friends into going with them to a weekend phish festival in upstate ny. i was in a phase where i kinda thought the grateful dead were okay and not boring as f*ck, and they were like "oh if you like the dead you'll love phish". NOPE. WRONG.

Steve Zodiac
many moons ago i was tricked by some friends into going with them to a weekend phish festival in upstate ny. i was in a phase where i kinda thought the grateful dead were okay and not boring as f*ck, and they were like "oh if you like the dead you'll love phish". NOPE. WRONG.

I had a not dissimilar thing done to me, I had a guy who worked for me about 15 years ago who knew I liked Marillion, he said, if you like Marillion you'll like Phish, now the first lead singer of Marillion was called Fish. So I thought, it's a sign. It wasn't. Good musicians mind.

Bashar Teg
i learned at this point that if anyone says "if you like ____ then you'll love ____", they should be roundly ignored and perhaps pelted with rotten lettuce.

but as for the overall topic: i can stomach tool in small dosages, so nobody has to fear being pushed out of a speeding vehicle if they play it in my car. but if anyone wants to try to play phish when i'm driving, they'd better learn the old "tuck and roll".

Steve Zodiac
i learned at this point that if anyone says "if you like ____ then you'll love ____", they should be roundly ignored and perhaps pelted with rotten lettuce.

but as for the overall topic: i can stomach tool in small dosages, so nobody has to fear being pushed out of a speeding vehicle if they play it in my car. but if anyone wants to try to play phish when i'm driving, they'd better learn the old "tuck and roll". Haha laughing About right smile

Patient_Leech
I haven't listened to much Phish, but the dude's album with Les Claypool kinda sucked. But then again nothing Les Claypool is nearly as good as Primus.

Anyway, Tool is awesome. Just because they don't want to make nothing but 3-minute pop songs that you can tap your foot to doesn't mean they are pretentious. They live up to their ambitions. But I am currently annoyed with them taking 11+ years to put out new material. It's gotten ridiculous. So I gave up hope a long time ago.

meep-meep
Tool was a great band. Pretentious a holes for sure. They made great music though. PHISH, is more jazzy, nothing pretentious about their music, their fans certainly are though. The fans are equally pretentious though. Meh.

ESB -1138
I'll listen to Phish and Tool for the entire day before I have to endure another second of the utter crap that is William Basinski

V5s-KLGVcTI

Eon Blue
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I'll listen to Phish and Tool for the entire day before I have to endure another second of the utter crap that is William Basinski

V5s-KLGVcTI

Basinski is a genius and his music is otherworldly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.